Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible (12513 Views)

My Personal Encounter With Sex And How It Almost Destroyed My Life / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Chukazu: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2018
mrAMG:
Your write up may probably hold water but be realistic, Do these churches that collect tithes really do charity?

Is it right for a real servant of God to boast that he’s dangerously rich?

Is giving tithe supposed to be a monthly thing as opposed to gathering of the harvest which is a yearly affair?

Are pastors supposed to dwell on collecting tithes and sowing seeds?

And in all honesty, do you think Daddy Freeze has over time raised some salient points?

If anyone feels tithe is not been utilized adequately, he or she is at Liberty to call the particular church to order or port to another church at best...not ranting about tithe every now and then

2 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2018
Chukazu:

If anyone feels tithe is not been utilized adequately, he or she is at Liberty to call the particular church to order or port to another church at best...not ranting about tithe every now and then

Of course I’ll port, sharply sef.

But I’ll rant so my Family going to the same church will see the wrong being done.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by sweetrace(f): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?
Tithe is a Tenth of your Profit, Gains, Rewards,etc Heb 7:4, Gen 14:20

1. Tithing is Biblical: The Matter of Tithing didn't Just jump out from the Sky.. Tithing Orginated since the days of Our Creator, GOD ALMIGHTY Dealings with Man.
Genesis 14:20, Nehimiah 13:12, 2Chronicles 31:12, 2Chronicles 31:5-6, Numbers 18:24, Malachi 3:8-10

2. Tithes are Meant to be Brought into GOD'S House I.e A Place where GOD ALMIGHTY IS WORSHIPPED, Overseen by a Servant of GOD:
Nehemiah 13:12-13, 1Chronicle 26:20, Malachi 3:10, 2Chronicles 31:11-12, Gen 14:18, Provb 3:9

3. How Is it to Be Distributed:

A. The Priests, Pastors, Apostles:
Nehimiah 13:5, Neh 12:44, Acts 4:36, Acts 4:34-35, Numbers 18:21, 24-26, Galatians 6:6

B. The Brethern in Need I.e GOD'S People In Need.. Acts 4:34-35, Romans 12:13

C. The Poor in the Society: Luke 18:22-25..

Finally, In as Much Tithing is Commanded by GOD , we should Know that Just Tithing does not Take anyone to Heaven..
Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST Is and Remains The Only Way to HEAVEN.
Luke 18:9-14, Luke 11:42...

Having said that a Believer who has Accepted JESUS CHRIST and does not Tithe, May Have Himself/Herself to Blame...

If you are in a Place where you feel your Tithe is not used for what it's to be, Instead of Going Against your Creator, I think it's Best you Change the place...

And as For the Priest, Levites, Pastors, Bishops, etc who are playing and feasting with the Tithes of the People, I Leave You to GOD ALMIGHTY! But I advise you change your Ways.. because JUDGEMENT will begin in the House of GOD. 1 Peter 4:17. So Fear GOD because it is a Terrible and Fearful Thing to fall into the Hands of the LIVING GOD . Heb10:31

GOD BLESS US ALL!

Op, why are you teaching nonsense? Read your bible, make sure you're knowledgeable before putting yourself in a position to teach others. The New Testament verses you quoted had nothing to to do with tithes. Acts 4:34 was simply talking about Christians having a common purse. That way no one was at a disadvantage because the poor were taken care of from this purse. Luke was Jesus instructions to take care of the poor. I'm not telling you to pay or not pay tithes. I am saying you should stop trying to force bible passages to fit in with your stance.

4 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by ukeleh: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2018
First fruit in January, is it also biblical? January that parents prepare their children to go to school, some churches have also made first fruit a doctrine.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by rattlesnake(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2018
Evertthng quoted from OT
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by mvem(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2018
theapeman4:
if you attend Catholic church! Forget it

That church is a demonic church who worship virgin Mary status and put on Mary charms as part of protection!
...try to love before you hate, try to understand before you criticize.... Be matured in logical arguments... You don't like the Catholics and there ways therefore the largest church on earth with its over 1.2 billion followers are going to hell... The Catholic Church is actually the oldest church and all protestant, Pentecostal etc all came out from the Catholic church.. Yes doctrinal differences brought about all this right from Luther King but still try to understand before insulting

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Harryase(m): 11:29am On Dec 23, 2018
nice one op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by MrPRevailer(m): 11:40am On Dec 23, 2018
Austinrenny:
DEUTERONOMY 14: 22 - 29.

You avoided this particular chapter and book of the bible when you spoke about tithing. Typical of you. Hahahaha. The quoted chapter and verse is the origin of tithe and tithing. It covers everything from payment of tithe and use of tithe. You intentionally avoided it, because it renders most of your ckains INVALID. ��

If you read that Chapter well, it said you shall bring it to the house of the LORD. And eat it there. If it is too heavy to carry it, you MUST change it to silver (portable) and BRING IT where the LORD shall choose (alter or temple) and the levites, and the less priviledged shall eat with you and your household.

Righteousness89 nice post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by InvertedHammer: 11:46am On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

1. Tithing is Biblical: The Matter of Tithing didn't Just jump out from the Sky.. Tithing Orginated since the days of Our Creator, GOD ALMIGHTY Dealings with Man.
Genesis 14:20, Nehimiah 13:12, 2Chronicles 31:12, 2Chronicles 31:5-6, Numbers 18:24, Malachi 3:8-10

2. Tithes are Meant to be Brought into GOD'S House I.e A Place where GOD ALMIGHTY IS WORSHIPPED, Overseen by a Servant of GOD:
Nehemiah 13:12-13, 1Chronicle 26:20, Malachi 3:10, 2Chronicles 31:11-12, Gen 14:18, Provb 3:9

Nehimiah 13:5, Neh 12:44, Acts 4:36, Acts 4:34-35, Numbers 18:21, 24-26, Galatians 6:6

Finally, In as Much Tithing is Commanded by GOD , we should Know that Just Tithing does not Take anyone to Heaven..

Having said that a Believer who has Accepted JESUS CHRIST and does not Tithe, May Have Himself/Herself to Blame...

If you are in a Place where you feel your Tithe is not used for what it's to be, Instead of Going Against your Creator, I think it's Best you Change the place...

And as For the Priest, Levites, Pastors, Bishops, etc who are playing and feasting with the Tithes of the People, I Leave You to GOD ALMIGHTY! But I advise you change your Ways.. because JUDGEMENT will begin in the House of GOD. 1 Peter 4:17. So Fear GOD because it is a Terrible and Fearful Thing to fall into the Hands of the LIVING GOD . Heb10:31

GOD BLESS US ALL!
/
Your thread should be:

Why I Must Give My Money To Another Man To Spend.

The Bible said, "Slaves, be obedient to your masters"
1 Peter 2: 18-20.

Therefore any person going against the word of God in the Bible by fighting against slavery will definitely go to hell.

Some of you are dimwits. Don't cherrypick the Bible.
/
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by MrPRevailer(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Your thread should be:

Why I Must Give My Money To Another Man To Spend.

The Bible said, "Slaves, be obedient to your masters"
1 Peter 2: 18-20.

Therefore any person going against the word of God in the Bible by fighting against slavery will definitely go to hell.

Some of you are dimwits. Don't cherrypick the Bible.
/

The Bible doesnt say slaves but "servants".
Your comment is very biased and looking for ways to juxtapose d fact.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by InvertedHammer: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Trackango:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myjewishlearning.com/article/tithing/amp/

Tithing is giving 10% of your farm produce to the Levites because they take care of the Holy places and are not apportioned farm lands.

It's a Jewish thing that was done in Isreal.
They don't even do it anymore.

This is what my own research got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEF5NcA0K_I
/
When Nigerian Christians pray, they call on the God of Israel, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

What happened to their own God?

Slavery is not only physical. God is in your essence. Not in a building. Not in any country in particular. But then, ignorance is bliss.

/
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Kusetic(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

1st Question

YES ! Our Churches carry out Charity , Just that some might not involve Publicity stunts for that! My Church does that Massively but not for publicity stunts!

Having said that there could be some wolves in sheep Clothings who do not !

Question 2

It depends on how u saw the statement! I am not a member but I Watched that program where The servant of GOD made that Statement! I didn't see it as a Boast! It was more of a Encouragement! He said and I quote " Some persons say I am worth $150 million ! How can you say so! I am worth All Things! I am Dangerously Rich"
My brother Everyone who Believes in JESUS CHRIST is worth all things!
Provb 23:7 says as a Man thinketh in his heart, so is He

1cor 3:21 says let no man glory In Himself , All things are yours!

It's a choice to say Positive to yourself!

3. Tithe giving has no fixed way! It's based on how u get your profits, Gains, salary etc..

4. Whoever dwells on Just Tithe payment is more of a Criminal!
The Primary purpose of JESUS CHRIST is to Seek and Save the Lost not to collect Tithes!

Having said that , It is Important to teach on Tithes , Givings and Offerings as it is GOD'S Principle to Godly Prosperity!

5. NO! Freeze has gone about a Right talk with a Wrong Approach! It's really Dangerous because some of men being Insulted are Men Called by GOD! Even if they go Astray, GOD HAS HIS way of Dealing with them! But the person who insults them Insults GOD Because it's GOD that called Him and not us!

I'll tell u ,Freeze has led many to things they can't recover from Except by Mercy of GOD.. all due to their Tongues!

May GOD HELP US

For your no 5 answer, I disagree with you brother, when our leaders are doing the wrong thing we are supposed to call them to attention granted that freeze is extreme by using unnecessary insults in some cases. The berean Christians were complimented by Paul because they went back after every sermon to check what the preacher said and confirm it in the word and also ask questions. Many times our so called men of God scare people with their own ideas and doctrines which are not biblical and when they are corrected, other people scream thou shalt not touch my annointed and do my prophets no harm. Jesus called the pharisees and Sadducees hypocrites more than once in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by benjibabs(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2018

Bro, you have actually contradicted yourself with some of the verses you referenced. See below and pay particular attention to the bold portions.

Acts 4:34-37

“Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need. And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus, having land, sold it, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles’ feet.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:34-37‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/act.4.34-37.nkjv

Luke 17:22-25

“So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:22-23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/luk.18.22-23.nkjv

As you can see, those people gave ALL, not 10%. Jesus also said ALL. Why did they not only bring 10% or why did Jesus not ask the rich guy to only give 10% to the poor?

The key to understand where tithing falls in our time is in the book of Hebrews; study that book and you will get the big picture.

Now, to put a spin on the response above and show you another side of tithing you did not mention, consider the following verses from the Old Testament. Also, pay particular attention to the bold parts.

“Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭14:22-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/deu.14.22-26.kjv

Did you read this: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after? tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by InvertedHammer: 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
MrPRevailer:

The Bible doesnt say slaves but "servants".
Your comment is very biased and looking for ways to juxtapose d fact.
/
Good. You proved my point.

We have KJV, NIV, NKJV, NASB, NEV, NLT versions of the Bible. As you read, you will notice the watered down worldly interpretation of the word of God to suit the era.

Some use slaves for servants. But depending on your level of understanding and brainwashing, you are free to choose the version that rubs off you well.

It boils down to "Human" interpretation.
/
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Lataability:
What do you mean by God called them? Through phone number or email? Guy listen..i fit wake up today and tell u say God don call me... all this pastors na scam. If Nigeria government go fit place ban on tith u go see say many Churches go close. What of muslims? Do they pay tithe. Are u better than them.. guy just delete this nonsense post b4 i go vex 4 u
If you Say GOD Called you and mean while u called yourself, It's your Head that will contend with Your Creator! Who am I to Judge u?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by johannu(m): 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
Tithes are Meant to be Brought into GOD'S House.
You mean all those worship business centers are God's House. And if my church is God's house, why do we collect tithes in my church and remit to one G.O. in Lagos so that there may be meat in God's G.O's house, leaving the pastor in my local church with meatless bones. Look, the church in Nigeria is evil and more exploitative than the Nigerian State. While the Federal Government gets what belongs to the states and share with the states, the big church in Nigeria collects almost everything from all the churches under it and rarely gives back to the poor local churches. Religious but wicked people all over Nigeria, having the form of godliness but denying it's power. No wonder Nigeria is hopeless and a write-off.

3 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
benjibabs:

Bro, you have actually contradicted yourself with some of the verses you referenced. See below and pay particular attention to the bold portions.

Acts 4:34-37

“Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need. And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus, having land, sold it, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles’ feet.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:34-37‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/act.4.34-37.nkjv

Luke 17:22-25

“So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:22-23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/luk.18.22-23.nkjv

As you can see, those people gave ALL, not 10%. Jesus also said ALL. Why did they not only bring 10% or why did Jesus not ask the rich guy to only give 10% to the poor?

The key to understand where tithing falls in our time is in the book of Hebrews; study that book and you will get the big picture.

Now, to put a spin on the response above and show you another side of tithing you did not mention, consider the following verses from the Old Testament. Also, pay particular attention to the bold parts.

“Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭14:22-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/deu.14.22-26.kjv

Did you read this: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after? tongue

Oga sir Read your Bible with Understanding !
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by SuperStriker: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
[s]Whatk is Tithe?

GOD BLESS US ALL! [/s]
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by deebrownneymar: 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

GOD BLESS US ALL!

You need further studies about this subject.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kusetic:

For your no 5 answer, I disagree with you brother, when our leaders are doing the wrong thing we are supposed to call them to attention granted that freeze is extreme by using unnecessary insults in some cases. The berean Christians were complimented by Paul because they went back after every sermon to check what the preacher said and confirm it in the word and also ask questions. Many times our so called men of God scare people with their own ideas and doctrines which are not biblical and when they are corrected, other people scream thou shalt not touch my annointed and do my prophets no harm. Jesus called the pharisees and Sadducees hypocrites more than once in the Bible.
Bro, We are saying the same thing!
Going about the Right thing with the Wrong Approach!
There is no Harm in Voicing out on what u feel is Wrong ! But Insulting "The Anoited " is a Grave Curse! Many don't know!

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by bransonbig: 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
CELEBRANT WEEPING

Two years ago, JESUS' asked one question from me which I would like to share with you as you are preparing for Christmas.

It was during Christmas celebration. The
vision was very clear.

JESUS' asked me, my son, assuming you were invited to a birthday party and you met the celebrant weeping, what would you do?

I was shocked and could not answer, Celebrant weeping?

JESUS' began to speak. I am the celebrant that you christians are celebrating my birthday every year. Each year, you increase my agony and tears during this Christmas celebrations because of your hypocrisy.

Many of you don't even know me. The few that I can boast of are living lives of disobedient.

Holiness among my children is now a taboo. Righteousness, Sanctification, restitution and other sound Biblical doctrines had disappeared among you and you still gather to eat food and sing sinful songs to me. Is that how to celebrate my birthday?

Pastors are now spiritual 419.These so called pastors got power from Satan to do my work, yet you will see them gathering crowds to sing Carol. Why would I not weep.?

Burying human beings on the alter, going about with charms. Is that what I instructed them to do ?

Sleeping with church members is not a new thing among the so called ministers. All kinds of programs are organized by different churches with one purpose and agenda-to raise money.

My son, there are mega churches, mega instruments and mega population without any disciple among the congregation. Are these not wasted efforts?

Churches are building cathedrals everyday without candidates of heaven among the worshippers.

Why are you celebrating my birthday when there is no unity and love among my children?Why are you celebrating my birthday when your worship centres are being guided by herbalists because of the mundane things inside the building? Are you saying I am powerless that I can't protect what belongs to me?

unclothedness is more visible in my churches than club houses.

My Son, Evangelism is dead and buried. What u are doing now is member snatching. Nobody is ready to go to fertile ground anymore.

JESUS' said many things in that vision that I could not remember again.I've shared this revelation in my sermon and among my people.

Are you among those people that are making JESUS' to weep every Christmas?Think about it.

JESUS' is on his way already. You don't need to be told d happenings in Israel,Palestine and other places.

I pray for everybody now,u and I will not miss rapture in the Name of JESUS'.
COPIED AND SHARED
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
johannu:
You mean all those worship business centers are God's House. And if my church is God's house, why do we collect tithes in my church and remit to one G.O. in Lagos so that there may be meat in God's G.O's house, leaving the pastor in my local church with meatless bones. Look, the church in Nigeria is evil and more exploitative than the Nigerian State. While the Federal Government gets what belongs to the states and share with the states, the big church in Nigeria collects almost everything from all the churches under it and rarely gives back to the poor local churches. Religious but wicked people all over Nigeria, having the form of godliness but denying it's power. No wonder Nigeria is hopeless and a write-off.
You Deliberately refusing to Hear GOD! Your Choice bro
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by InvertedHammer: 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
johannu:
/
They collect billions and use millions for charity with fanfare. Drug Lords make billions and use millions for charity as well. If the end justifies the means, why are drug Lords chastised?

Christian charity in Nigeria is like lotto promotion where the companies earn billions from players and give away a car and refrigerators to winners. Each player only considers individual loss instead of collective losses to the scammers. Human mind!
/

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by maybel(m): 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

1st Question

YES ! Our Churches carry out Charity , Just that some might not involve Publicity stunts for that! My Church does that Massively but not for publicity stunts!

Having said that there could be some wolves in sheep Clothings who do not !

Question 2

It depends on how u saw the statement! I am not a member but I Watched that program where The servant of GOD made that Statement! I didn't see it as a Boast! It was more of a Encouragement! He said and I quote " Some persons say I am worth $150 million ! How can you say so! I am worth All Things! I am Dangerously Rich"
My brother Everyone who Believes in JESUS CHRIST is worth all things!
Provb 23:7 says as a Man thinketh in his heart, so is He

1cor 3:21 says let no man glory In Himself , All things are yours!

It's a choice to say Positive to yourself!

3. Tithe giving has no fixed way! It's based on how u get your profits, Gains, salary etc..

4. Whoever dwells on Just Tithe payment is more of a Criminal!
The Primary purpose of JESUS CHRIST is to Seek and Save the Lost not to collect Tithes!

Having said that , It is Important to teach on Tithes , Givings and Offerings as it is GOD'S Principle to Godly Prosperity!

5. NO! Freeze has gone about a Right talk with a Wrong Approach! It's really Dangerous because some of men being Insulted are Men Called by GOD! Even if they go Astray, GOD HAS HIS way of Dealing with them! But the person who insults them Insults GOD Because it's GOD that called Him and not us!

I'll tell u ,Freeze has led many to things they can't recover from Except by Mercy of GOD.. all due to their Tongues!

May GOD HELP US

I really love this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
sweetrace:

Op, why are you teaching nonsense? Read your bible, make sure you're knowledgeable before putting yourself in a position to teach others. The New Testament verses you quoted had nothing to to do with tithes. Acts 4:34 was simply talking about Christians having a common purse. That way no one was at a disadvantage because the poor were taken care of from this purse. Luke was Jesus instructions to take care of the poor. I'm not telling you to pay or not pay tithes. I am saying you should stop trying to force bible passages to fit in with your stance.
Sir! What is tithing! Tithing is Giving!

Open your Mind up!
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by bransonbig: 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
Please tell us exactly where Jesus, Peter, James, Paul and other disciples in the New Testament presided over collection of tight.
Thank you.

Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

GOD BLESS US ALL!
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by bransonbig: 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
Please tell us exactly where Jesus, Peter, James, Paul and other disciples in the New Testament presided over collection of tithe
Thank you.

Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?

GOD BLESS US ALL!
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
asuustrike1:

All you wrote are good but did the holy spirit teach this himself or you just study them?
Will an armed robber make heaven? Yes or No
An Armed Robber Cannot Make Heaven Exvept He Repents!

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
An Armed Robber Cannot Make Heaven Exvept He Repents!
Same applies to those that don't tithe or steal from tithe offerings
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
bransonbig:

Please tell us exactly where Jesus, Peter, James, Paul and other disciples in the New Testament presided over collection of tithe
Thank you.

The Bible is The WORD OF GOD!
The Bible is GOD'S Guide to Humanity on Earth!

If tithing is wrong! It will not be in The Bible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MFM G.O ,dr DK Olukoya And His Wife Celebrate Their Birthday Today / 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents / Why Does God Use Adversity To Lift People Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.