Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible (12532 Views)

My Personal Encounter With Sex And How It Almost Destroyed My Life / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
openmine:

This is not my interpretation....That is the law of moses as contained in the same scriptures that you said you had a personal encounter with!
Don't tell people half truths....

Also show them this scripture.....
Or are you unaware of it?

Deuteronomy 14:22-29

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce EACH YEAR!
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.

24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),

25 then exchange your tithe for money, and take the money with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.

26 Use the money to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Let Me ask u sir! Where was Tithe First Mentioned in the Bible?

Who was the First Tither in the Bible?

On Whose Covenant do we as Believers live on Today?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Acehart: 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Your write up was not inspired by the Spirit of God
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by openmine(m): 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

Let Me ask u sir! Where was Tithe First Mentioned in the Bible?

Who was the First Tither in the Bible?

On Whose Covenant do we as Believers live on Today?
Bro you haven't answered my question and yet you want me to answer your question?
To your question.....Abram gave a tithe of the plunder after coming back from a war where he rescued his cousin lot...
Now burnt offerings and circumcision were also mentioned first...and not only that,these rites were instructed and commanded by God to abram!
Since that is the case,can we also say that burnt offerings and circumcision should also be observed?

2 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
openmine:

Bro you haven't answered my question and yet you want me to answer you question?
To your question.....Abram gave a tithe of the plunder after coming back from a war where he rescued his cousin lot...
Now burnt offerings and circumcision was also mentioned first...and not only that,these rites were instructed and commanded by God to abram!
Since that is the case,can we also say that we should observe burnt offerings and circumcision?

Good!
If you Earn Food items... Give Tithes of the Food Items...
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by openmine(m): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

Good!
If you Earn Food items... Give Tithes of the Food Items...
Bro you haven't answered the question
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
openmine:

Bro you haven't answered the question
bro u have Not Understood your Bible.....

Before u Read your Bible..... Ask The LORD to give u Understanding of His Word...

I didn't just decide to Put this out..... it came about from some Divine empowerment!

I doubt argue on what I didn't Invent! If u wanna argue , Go argue with GOD
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Acehart: 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

Before u Read your Bible..... Ask The LORD to give u Understanding of His Word...

I didn't just decide to Put this out..... it came about from some Divine empowerment!

This is a rude response. I'm shocked.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Acehart:

how?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Acehart: 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
how?

It is not my duty to teach manners.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by openmine(m): 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

Bro i have heard those stale stories about those being inspired by God... cheesy
That won't hold water....even a fake pastor can say He was inspired by God!
You omitted a very important part of your "tithing" submissions and when i called your attention to it,you evaded the question using the infamous "inspired by God" gimmick!
I can't argue with God because he put up the scripture that you should eat your tithe grin grin
Or Am i the one that wrote Deuteronomy 14?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by openmine(m): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Acehart:

What do you expect? grin
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Acehart:

It is not my duty to teach manners.
What Manners sir! U have said nothing!
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
openmine:

Bro i have heard those stale stories about those being inspired by God... cheesy
That won't hold water....even a fake pastor can say He was inspired by God!
You omitted a very important part of your "tithing" submissions and when i called your attention to it,you evaded the question using the infamous "inspired by God" gimmick!
I can't argue with God because he put up the scripture that you should eat your tithe grin grin
Or Am i the one that wrote Deuteronomy 14?
Good luck!! U can decide not to pay but the good is that u know about tithes! When you cross over.... We hope it doesn't stand against us!

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by openmine(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
Good luck!! U can decide not to pay but the good is that u know about tithes! When you cross over.... We hope it doesn't stand against us!

GOD BLESS YOU
Another weak and stale response!
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Acehart: 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What Manners sir! U have said nothing!

With your exclamation marks one can tell who you are. If you claim to be an esotericist, you would know how you were/are rude.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
Acehart:

With your exclamation marks one can tell who you are. If you claim to be an esotericist, you would know how you were/are rude.
Bro good night!
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
openmine:

Another weak and stale response!
Ok! Bye!
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Acehart: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

Bro good night!

I'm not your brother
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by openmine(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
Ok! Bye!
Bro you dont know the scriptures!
I asked you a simple question but you tactfully evaded it and yet you say you were inspired by God!

1 Peters 3:15-16
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by otokx(m): 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
When you miss the basic fundamentals, it is very difficult to get it.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by otokx(m): 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
Did the Levites in the bible have any allotment of Land inheritance like their brethren?

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by hisgrace090: 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

The Bible is The WORD OF GOD!
The Bible is GOD'S Guide to Humanity on Earth!

If tithing is wrong! It will not be in The Bible!

I understand you but what of if Jesus and his disciples not paying nor collecting tithe means it end?

If not why do they stay out of it?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by hisgrace090: 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
Sir The First Tither According to The Bible Was Abramham...
Did Abramham Eat His Tither

Have a look at Issac and Jacob! Did they Eat their Tithe!
Your Tithe could Affect lots of life ... if the pastors are Traveling and the gospel is being Preached and souls are getting saved! And your funds are being used! It's to your gain

If the abrahamic parrttern was okay why did God chose to gave them a different new pattern of tithing through mosses.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by hisgrace090: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:

Preaching of the gospel
Sending Pastors/Missionaries to different places
Crusades and Outreaches

Let me use my place of Worship for Examples..
We are Heavily into Evangelism, crusades , Almost every 2 weeks there is a crusade to be held..
Pastors are Constantly sent to nations..
Fellowship centers are bought , Properties are Erected etc..

I see Where my Money Goes to... Atimes I personally Increase my tithes .

That's how it's supposed to be in Churches...

Why not follow after Christ, do the apostles evangelize with tithe money?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by hisgrace090: 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
gr8tone:
If it truly happens like that in your church then it is a very good initiative. Good Initiative in the sense that all the the things you have mentioned are not prescribed by the Bible on how to use the tithe. You can do better by convincing me with a verse. But I like the way tithe is used in your church.

What you supported is it the purpose of tithing mind you every evngelizm team have a way of raizing fund for that purpose tithe is for a purpose too. See the bible!

Some move may mean teaching God how to go.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by gr8tone: 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
hisgrace090:

What you supported is it the purpose of tithing mind you every evngelizm team have a way of raizing fund for that purpose tithe is for a purpose too. See the bible!

Some move may mean teaching God how to go.
I should just see the Bible? Convince me with a verse. I believe that the Bible should be the compass for every Christian. Defend that with a verse.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by hisgrace090: 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
gr8tone:
I should just see the Bible? Convince me with a verse. I believe that the Bible should be the compass for every Christian. Defend that with a verse.

For tithe purpose, see detronomy 14:28,29 and malakai 3:10.

Tithe is a provision made for levite and the needy who has not to eat though the tither can partake on it too.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
hisgrace090:

If the abrahamic parrttern was okay why did God chose to gave them a different new pattern of tithing through mosses.
GOD didn't chose! Moses chose
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by hisgrace090: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
GOD didn't chose! Moses chose

Who choosed him if not God?
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
hisgrace090:

Who choosed him if not God?
GOD CAlled Moses!
Abramham was also Called!

They all gave us various ways to follow!
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by gr8tone: 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
hisgrace090:

For tithe purpose, see detronomy 14:28,29 and malakai 3:10.

Tithe is a provision made for levite and the needy who has not to eat though the tither can partake on it too.
After you have truly read and understood the content of the quoted portion, you can refer back to my earlier post and juxtapose it with what you say your church does with the tithe and see whether what you guys are doing is right.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by hisgrace090: 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
gr8tone:
After you have truly read and understood the content of the quoted portion, you can refer back to my earlier post and juxtapose it with what you say your church does with the tithe and see whether what you guys are doing is right.

Obidient is better than sacrifice, tithe is to provide food in Gods house, not for evangelism.

Or you can better show me were the apostles use tithe money for evangelism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno / Top Nigerian Pastors Seen In Hell, & Others That Might Miss The Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.