Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible (12563 Views)

My Personal Encounter With Sex And How It Almost Destroyed My Life / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by gr8tone: 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
hisgrace090:

Obidient is better than sacrifice, tithe is to provide food in Gods house, not for evangelism.

Or you can better show me were the apostles use tithe money for evangelism.
Are you really the one saying this? But you said earlier that your church uses it for evangelism. What have I disobeyed? I am only in search of knowledge. Please, if you must quote me again, please refer to what I said earlier and read it with understanding so that you will clearly know my position about tithe. Thanks.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by MrPRevailer(m): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Good. You proved my point.

We have KJV, NIV, NKJV, NASB, NEV, NLT versions of the Bible. As you read, you will notice the watered down worldly interpretation of the word of God to suit the era.

Some use slaves for servants. But depending on your level of understanding and brainwashing, you are free to choose the version that rubs off you well.

It boils down to "Human" interpretation.
/

You are the one that's looking for versions that'll complements your negative views.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
What is Tithe?
Tithe is a Tenth of your Profit, Gains, Rewards,etc Heb 7:4, Gen 14:20

1. Tithing is Biblical: The Matter of Tithing didn't Just jump out from the Sky.. Tithing Orginated since the days of Our Creator, GOD ALMIGHTY Dealings with Man.
Genesis 14:20, Nehimiah 13:12, 2Chronicles 31:12, 2Chronicles 31:5-6, Numbers 18:24, Malachi 3:8-10

2. Tithes are Meant to be Brought into GOD'S House I.e A Place where GOD ALMIGHTY IS WORSHIPPED, Overseen by a Servant of GOD:
Nehemiah 13:12-13, 1Chronicle 26:20, Malachi 3:10, 2Chronicles 31:11-12, Gen 14:18, Provb 3:9

3. How Is it to Be Distributed:

A. The Priests, Pastors, Apostles:
Nehimiah 13:5, Neh 12:44, Acts 4:36, Acts 4:34-35, Numbers 18:21, 24-26, Galatians 6:6

B. The Brethern in Need I.e GOD'S People In Need.. Acts 4:34-35, Romans 12:13

C. The Poor in the Society: Luke 18:22-25..

Finally, In as Much Tithing is Commanded by GOD , we should Know that Just Tithing does not Take anyone to Heaven..
Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST Is and Remains The Only Way to HEAVEN.
Luke 18:9-14, Luke 11:42...

Having said that a Believer who has Accepted JESUS CHRIST and does not Tithe, May Have Himself/Herself to Blame...

If you are in a Place where you feel your Tithe is not used for what it's to be, Instead of Going Against your Creator, I think it's Best you Change the place...

And as For the Priest, Levites, Pastors, Bishops, etc who are playing and feasting with the Tithes of the People, I Leave You to GOD ALMIGHTY! But I advise you change your Ways.. because JUDGEMENT will begin in the House of GOD. 1 Peter 4:17. So Fear GOD because it is a Terrible and Fearful Thing to fall into the Hands of the LIVING GOD . Heb10:31

GOD BLESS US ALL!

Good evening... Thanks for your piece... I got a revelation from Jesus as regarding this matter, I'd do a verbose and detailed elucidation on this matter next week. Stay Tuned smiley

N:B - TITHING IS NOT FOR THE NEW CREATION.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Righteousness89(m): 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
oluwatobi75:

Good evening... Thanks for your piece... I got a revelation from Jesus as regarding this matter, I'd do a verbose and detailed elucidation on this matter next week. Stay Tuned smiley

N:B - TITHING IS NOT FOR THE NEW CREATION.
I better be an Old Creation... GOD BLESS U
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Emeikus: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
Sir The First Tither According to The Bible Was Abramham...
Did Abramham Eat His Tithr

Have a look at Issac and Jacob! Did they Eat their Tithe!
Your Tithe could Affect lots of life ... if the pastors are Traveling and the gospel is being Preached and souls are getting saved! And your funds are being used! It's to your gain

They paid their tithe before God gave the law... After God gave the law it does not matter how they gave their tithe but how God says we should give our tithe.

Are you telling me I should forget the God that gave me life from January to December and start following Father Abraham, Issac and Jacob...

Better take your time
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by hisgrace090: 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
gr8tone:
Are you really the one saying this? But you said earlier that your church uses it for evangelism. What have I disobeyed? I am only in search of knowledge. Please, if you must quote me again, please refer to what I said earlier and read it with understanding so that you will clearly know my position about tithe. Thanks.

So its now my church that uses tithe money for evangelism?

Remember I quoted you for saying you like the way tithe is used in their church.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by gr8tone: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
hisgrace090:

So its now my church that uses tithe money for evangelism?

Remember I quoted you for saying you like the way tithe is used in their church.

Sorry if I misunderstood you. Tithe according to the Bible Prescription, is not meant for evangelism. Thanks bro. Why I said I like the way it is used is because at least they try for making use of it in a way that it can be appropriated. But in most churches you will only hear about the amount you will hardly know where it goes. You can't even see it being used according to the Bible prescription. They will still appeal to members to contribute for the needy which the tithe is meant for. May God have mercy on me if i misunderstood his words.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by Austinrenny: 7:16am On Dec 24, 2018
You are being comical with the truth. A whole lot was stated in those chapters. It also said we can buy alcohol with our tithe and other things that our heart desires. It also said we should give our tithes to the poor..to the needy ..to the levites and all sorts. It also states when to bring the tithe...not every Sunday as done by Christians. Tithing is a Jewish practice. The disciples never did it in the new testament, not did christ institute it. Even the Jews don't do it any more.

MrPRevailer:

If you read that Chapter well, it said you shall bring it to the house of the LORD. And eat it there. If it is too heavy to carry it, you MUST change it to silver (portable) and BRING IT where the LORD shall choose (alter or temple) and the levites, and the less priviledged shall eat with you and your household.

Righteousness89 nice post.

2 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by joyousever(f): 10:35am On Dec 24, 2018
Well said.
Trackango:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myjewishlearning.com/article/tithing/amp/

Tithing is giving 10% of your farm produce to the Levites because they take care of the Holy places and are not apportioned farm lands.

It's a Jewish thing that was done in Isreal.
They don't even do it anymore.

This is what my own research got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEF5NcA0K_I
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by joyousever(f): 10:37am On Dec 24, 2018
I just tire oo$
ukeleh:
First fi ruit in January, is it also biblical? January that parents prepare their children to go to school, some churches have also made first fruit a doctrine.
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by joyousever(f): 11:00am On Dec 24, 2018
Wow! So apt! This is the rude reality that abounds in the world today.I wish hypocrites could read this & repent from their abominable ways.
bransonbig:
CELEBRANT WEEPING

Two years ago, JESUS' asked one question from me which I would like to share with you as you are preparing for Christmas.

It was during Christmas celebration. The
vision was very clear.

JESUS' asked me, my son, assuming you were invited to a birthday party and you met the celebrant weeping, what would you do?

I was shocked and could not answer, Celebrant weeping?

JESUS' began to speak. I am the celebrant that you christians are celebrating my birthday every year. Each year, you increase my agony and tears during this Christmas celebrations because of your hypocrisy.

Many of you don't even know me. The few that I can boast of are living lives of disobedient.

Holiness among my children is now a taboo. Righteousness, Sanctification, restitution and other sound Biblical doctrines had disappeared among you and you still gather to eat food and sing sinful songs to me. Is that how to celebrate my birthday?

Pastors are now spiritual 419.These so called pastors got power from Satan to do my work, yet you will see them gathering crowds to sing Carol. Why would I not weep.?

Burying human beings on the alter, going about with charms. Is that what I instructed them to do ?

Sleeping with church members is not a new thing among the so called ministers. All kinds of programs are organized by different churches with one purpose and agenda-to raise money.

My son, there are mega churches, mega instruments and mega population without any disciple among the congregation. Are these not wasted efforts?

Churches are building cathedrals everyday without candidates of heaven among the worshippers.

Why are you celebrating my birthday when there is no unity and love among my children?Why are you celebrating my birthday when your worship centres are being guided by herbalists because of the mundane things inside the building? Are you saying I am powerless that I can't protect what belongs to me?

unclothedness is more visible in my churches than club houses.

My Son, Evangelism is dead and buried. What u are doing now is member snatching. Nobody is ready to go to fertile ground anymore.

JESUS' said many things in that vision that I could not remember again.I've shared this revelation in my sermon and among my people.

Are you among those people that are making JESUS' to weep every Christmas?Think about it.

JESUS' is on his way already. You don't need to be told d happenings in Israel,Palestine and other places.

I pray for everybody now,u and I will not miss rapture in the Name of JESUS'.
COPIED AND SHARED
Re: The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible by joyousever(f): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2018
So well said! But some tithe apologists will turn a blind eye to this reality that the New Testament advocates.
Jeepi:
Why Tithing Is Not Required Today
There are seven decisive reasons for saying Christians are not required to
tithe.
1. Believers are no longer under the Mosaic covenant (Rom. 6:14–15;
7:5–6; Gal. 3:15–4:7; 2 Cor. 3:4–18).
The commands stipulated in the Mosaic covenant are no longer in force
for believers. Some appeal to the division between the civil, ceremonial,
and moral law to support tithing. Yet these divisions, I would observe, are
not the basis Paul uses when addressing how the law applies to us
today. And even if we use these distinctions, tithing is clearly not part of
the moral law. It’s true the moral norms of the Old Testament are still in
force today, and we discern them from the law of Christ in the New
Testament, but tithing is not among these commands.
2. The examples of Abraham and Jacob are not normative patterns.
Some think tithing is required because both Abraham and Jacob gave a
tenth, and they both lived before the Mosaic covenant was in place. Such
examples hardly prove tithing is for all time, however. Abraham’s gift to
Melchizedek was a one-time event; there is no evidence he regularly gave
God a tenth.
Jacob’s giving of a tenth signified his gratefulness to God for promising
to be with him and to protect him. His gratefulness and generosity still
speak to us today, but a historical description of what Jacob gave doesn’t
support the idea that all believers must give God a tenth of their income.
3. Tithes were given to the Levites and priests, but there are no Levites
and priests in the new covenant.
Levites and priests were tied to the sacrificial system of the old
covenant. Now all believers are priests (1 Pet. 2:9; Rev. 1:6; 5:10; 20:6),
with Jesus as our Melchizedekian high priest (Heb. 7).
4. The tithe is tied to the land Israel received under the old covenant.
Israel was supposed to celebrate a tithe every three years in Jerusalem.
But that requirement cannot apply to Christians today. It related to the
Jews as a nation—to Jews who lived in the land of promise. With the
coming of Christ, the Jewish nation is no longer the locus of God’s
people, though individual Jews are part of the church through faith in
Jesus.
The earthly Jerusalem is no longer central in God’s purposes (Gal. 4:25).
Believers are part of the heavenly Jerusalem (Gal. 4:26) and look forward
to the city to come (Heb. 11:10), to the new heavens and new earth
(Rev. 21:1–22:5). Abraham isn’t heir of the land of Israel, but of the
whole world (Rom. 4:13).
5. If tithing is required today, how much should we give?
As noted above, the number was certainly more than 10 percent and
closer to 20 percent. Those who advocate tithing should probably settle
on 20 percent.
6. When Jesus affirmed the tithe, it was before the dawn of the new
covenant.
Some defend tithing by saying Jesus praised tithing, even if he said it
was less important than other things (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42). This
argument appears strong, but it’s not persuasive. Jesus also mentioned
offering sacrifices in the temple (Matt. 5:23–24), but Christians don’t
think—even if the temple were rebuilt—that we should do that. Our Lord’s
words are understandable when we think about his location in redemptive
history.
Jesus spoke about sacrifices and tithing before the cross and resurrection,
before the dawn of the new covenant. He used tithing and sacrifices as
illustrations when addressing his contemporaries. He kept the law since
he was “born under the law” (Gal. 4:4). But we can no more take his
words as a commendation for tithing today than we can his words about
offering sacrifices.
7. Nowhere is tithing mentioned when commands to give generously are
found in the New Testament.
When Christians are instructed to give to the poor, they aren’t
commanded to give “the poor tithe.” Instead, they are instructed to be
generous in helping those in need (Acts 2:43–47; 4:32–37; 11:27–30; Gal.
2:10; 1 Cor. 16:1–4; 2 Cor. 8:1–9:15). For example, 1 Corinthians 16:1–4
—a passage often cited in popular circles in support—doesn’t mention
tithing; it relates to a one-time gift for poor saints in Jerusalem.
Give Generously
Even though tithing isn’t required today, it does not follow that believers
should hoard their possessions.
We are commanded to support those who preach the gospel (Matt.
10:10; Luke 10:7; 1 Cor. 9:6–14; 1 Tim. 5:17–18). And while we should
enjoy the good things God gives us, we are also called to be generous to
those in need (1 Tim. 6:17–19; 2 Cor. 8–9). Wealth can so easily become
an idol, leading us to abandon the Lord.
Since God is to be our treasure, believers are to give generously and
freely. For many in the West, this will mean giving more than 10 percent.
Still, Scripture doesn’t command Christians to give a tenth—and Scripture,
not tradition, is our rule and authority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus Is More Than God, He Is Jehovah / Jesus Disciples Fellowship (JDF) members, post your fellowship venue / Hidden Truths About The Catholic Church Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.