Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Life Savings Of 250k - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Life Savings Of 250k (43986 Views)

Get Me A Job And Take My Entire Live Savings Of 100,000 / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / 250K For Househelp Job In Banana Island, Only Graduates Needed. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by naijamerican: 1:55am On Dec 25, 2018
Edandy:

So God should bless a beer parlor hussle? Owing a beer parlour is like owing a brothel. The business is very lucrative but of course, you cannot bring God into that. You can't bring HIS Holiness into unholiness

Good had already forsaken Nigeria, wetin be beer parlour. SMH
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by naijamerican: 1:57am On Dec 25, 2018
omojeesu:

My serious and candid opinion:

Learn about multilevel network marketing and buy into one. Trade your time NOT FOR MONEY but for Building a Network and earn residual income aka passive income leveraging on a good compensation plan such as is offered by Max International.

Source: max.com/585305

Good luck!

I hope you die soon
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Carlyboi(m): 1:59am On Dec 25, 2018
i think he needs to search his heart and think deeply about his passions and also talents if you are very talented in any art or craft you can just hone it...music,,acting,comedy name it you can build a good life by doing any of this professionally also you need to seek counsel and guidance spiritually i mean,we are spirit beings whether we accept this or not and the african society and nigerian in particular is highly spiritual...so whatever you believe be it an islamic cleric,a pastor,traditionalist or ifa priest...pencil down your ideas to about five and tell them to guide you on the best of such ideas or proffession...then in terms of business ideas and skills that are viable tho some are saturated but if you can be distinct and can that extra touch of quality to your craft i think that wud give a serious edge...Tailoring,barbing,furniture making are good skills you can learn and they are not socially demeaning...if you dont like the so called dirty jobs ..Also shoe making is lucrative and is not even as saturated as tailoring and barbing...you can make or design palm slippers and leather sandals if you are skillful enough you can design brogues,dress shoes and loafers you just have to add quality to your works and let it speak for you and wash your clientele skyrocket in no time businesses you can do with that little are much...but the big question is can the proceeds keep you afloat or do they have a money back guarantee...will it put food on your table every morning and most nights...i think laundry business can be started with bout 100k or less..onecan never go wrong with food maybe you can find a busy enviroment and setup a mama put or just sell snacks!with 50k or less you can start this!you can also go into sales of cooking gas cos its the new cool in most households in nigeria and its quite profitable too then transportation if it works for ypu maybe you cant buy a micra or keke with 250 you can surely buy a motorcycle with that the proceeds on a daily is really gpod...and the money flow is steady bet shops too seems lucrative but you really need to know how it works before dabbling into it...it is more of a black market too me 50-50 and moreover its going to swallow most of your 250k capital!if you are not in an enviroment that footballs are in multitude or crazy bout betting its gonna be really difficult to find a footing and you also need to consider comoetition cos bet companies and springing up like everyday in nigeria now and you will almost find a betshop in all corners.....on a final note try to stay employed while seeking alternatives or try your hands on any business so you dont put all your eggs in one basket or throw away that bird in hand i think IT is the new Crude Oil too...so if you can develop ICT skills it would pay off in the long run afterall mark zuckerberg became richer than Dangote while being jusy an IT guy...
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by chuksdsilent: 2:07am On Dec 25, 2018
kollinskollins:
I'll Advice U To Learn Forklift Machine And Then Use The Remaining To Register For Uber. God Will Open Your Way For You.

How much to learn a forklift machine
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Thane(m): 2:42am On Dec 25, 2018
Move with your 250k to Onitsha. Onitsha is a very good bet to relocate to, the human resource and market to any kind of biz you want to run is available. Language or tribe is never a problem, don't be mislead by the other guy that said language is a barrier in the east. Almost 1/4th the population of the city troop in from various towns to do biz, so how language take b issue?. The city is cheap to live in comparatively, housing can go as low as 40k for a single room . Electricity is unstable/stable. The roads are good to an extent, its a mad city filled with few rogues but the people here are very good people. There are no white collar jobs tho unless you are on transfer. Except that, everything moves rapidly in the city, that's why its one of the few cities in Nigeria where wealth is evenly distributed, almost everybody has money. Nnewi and Awka are also nice places to stay, IT is the most tapped industry in Awka now, techies are cashing out mad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 25, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:

The more techy you are, the more yahoo will pay...

Other ones na rituals...

Formats no pay again... Learn good programming skills, then cash out big from yahoo...
programming skills like?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by 360command: 3:22am On Dec 25, 2018
jinka:

Now I'm confused about what to do, whether I should use the money for accommodation , or use the money to start a physical business (buying and selling) or use the money to acquire ICT skills ( if there will be job after the skill acquisition) or maybe I should just go for my masters.

Pls nairalanders your humble brother really needs solid advice on how to go about this.
there is this french ivorian song by magic system title "Aventurier ".. If only you understand that song, you will know what to do. Because he was talking to "koffie alanga" as koffie was lost like you only that koffie found himself in France after how the parents suffered to put him.. I can relate it to you.

In the song, he said for you to go forward in life, u must prepare yourself as the journey won't be easy, what he means is, you are a man and you need to take risk and you should think like a man.

He also stated that the first thing you need to do is to find a house, after finding a house only then you can settle and think on how to plan your next step which is finding a job before everything can follow in order.

So my friend, go and get a 1 room, after that, think of how to get money on a daily basis.. Still remain in your teaching but find a side hustle. If it is to do bread and egg, do it.. If it is to cook indomine to sell, do it. Or go through various online marketplace like olx, Facebook etc find a product u can buy for cheap and repost it..

Omo, u need to think like a man.. You are not the boy of yesterday..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by ynotsadeek(m): 3:35am On Dec 25, 2018
Here's my own 2kobo advice;

Start Agency Banking Business.

I'll share my own story to help you get a better idea.

I schooled in Delta and served in Kwara. After service I simply stayed behind cos I knew I had nothing to go back to in Delta.

My PPA then happened to be so far from main town, with transportation cost averagely about #700 to and from from the town.

So, I saw the opportunity in this, which was;

1. No banks in my PPA community.
2. Tfare to and fro from the nearest bank in town is about 700h
3. Good power supply in the community
4. Free accommodation as per I was a good Corper during my service year so I had good relationship with the school I served and the indigenes.

Hence, I rented a shop. 1,500h per month, bought 3 plastic chairs, printed 2 banners and with my Android phone I was in business.

Next I registered as an Agent with several agency banking companies, installed their App and started doing Cash Withdrawals/Deposits/Transfers, Dstv sub payments, Airtime sales, NEPA prepaid payments. I don't even have POS machine yet oo, just using my Android phone for now.

In all I spent about 30k to setup, and with savings of 400k, I had enough cash for those coming to withdraw.

Right now I make about 3k daily from service charges and I work even on Sundays.

I hope this helps. It's 3:30a.m here so its back to bed now. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

4 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by joyousever(f): 3:48am On Dec 25, 2018
Hmmm!
BiafraBushBoy:

Ma'am, it isn't my IT center...

So I guess they must have updated their price... I have no insider information about discounts and all...

So I implore you to visit the site...

https://alabiansolutions.com/software-development-training/

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 25, 2018
sammylee002:
Bros dis is an opportunity to start ur own business ..... Look for 50k and add to d 250k and I will sell to u my 7month old Keke... If u are serous, u can be making 8k to 10k a day ..

If the keke business is so good, why do you intend selling it?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 25, 2018
Stallion93:
I think this is the best advice so far

If the keke business is good, why is he trying to sell it?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by incogni2o: 4:16am On Dec 25, 2018
Stallion93:
I think this is the best advice so far

Both of you are theives
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Blankstare(m): 4:24am On Dec 25, 2018
Get a cheap place to stay, fill your spirit with prayers and meditation daily, your spirit will channel you to your calling,the problem isn't inability to choose from all advise above,but not knowing the one that will yield fast ...ise kekere owo pupo' Lord is your strength.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by penance(m): 5:01am On Dec 25, 2018
BillGoldberg:
First and foremost, do not contact anybody from this site or drop your email or phone number. Most Nigerians are hungry animals and will rip you off that 250k you saved already! You have been warned. Simply go through advices and pick the ones that best suit your life.

As an aside, Please do not pay any stuppid tithe neither should you buy any stuppid Keke. Keke Business is almost saturated and you will be harassed on a daily by touts and passengers!

You have some options now. Two of the answers are already here.

First and foremost, why not open a lesson centre from the money you have already? You can even teach adults as per adult education. You can also teach a large number of your school pupils as per afternoon lessons.

Go and learn barbing in your area ASAP! Relocate to a low cost city like Onitsha or Ibadan and open a Salon! With a Salon, you have solved two problems. Housing and Salary because you will also be sleeping there. That means that rent is off the case. Wake up early morning and baff somewhere. Find a way to shitt and also feed. It mustn't be Onitsha. Lagos is ok too. But why I didn't mention it is because unless you have someone or a relative in Lagos... You may suffer accommodation issues!
I swear.

Another great option is to learn driving ASAP! Find someone to teach you expert driving because the cities you will be driving in requires such. Also start processin drivers licence immediately if you dont have one! When you are done learning, come to Naira land here and request for a car. Pray to God to find a good partner who may also give you temporary accomodation in Lagos! Sign up on Uber and Taxify and start driving! You will be seeing your daily feeding money at least! Thats it.

The third option is for you to start clothes business with some money you saved. Mind you, don't invest all. Come to Onitsha with like 80-100k. Buy cheap okirika clothes and start selling in schools around you! With the said amount above, You can buy clothes that will fill 7-8 Onions bags. You can also buy cheap party china wears. From your description, you seem to stay in an area not too developed. So I guess, they wont know the difference. Carry your clothes around and sell in schools, universities and colleges of educations. Also go around school hostels shouting "Things For Sell". It pays a lot.

Fifth and Final option is use some part of the money and buy a laptop if you don't have one already. Start Yahoo Yahoo! It maybe long before you pick but if Satan is on your side, a good maga will change your story forever. I don't want to say God because God does not like evil! Am just being realistic bro.

But never ever go for masters! Its useless. There is little or no white collar job in Nigeria now. The few available ones either pay peanuts or the high paying ones need connection to get! Don't learn any useless computer skills! You may remain hungry Don't become a Keke driver! You will suffer! Think big and become big!
lwkmd
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by LegitDiva: 5:06am On Dec 25, 2018
I import footwear's in large quantity, I can supply you from as low as 1k-1.5k and they sell very fast

https:///5G06n4emHyV1mSYQMcd2S6

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by nengibo: 5:10am On Dec 25, 2018
Relocate to a major city, there will be more opportunities
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by olayinka63: 5:30am On Dec 25, 2018
jinka:
I finished my NYSC in 2016 at the age of 27yrs and since then I have been teaching in a primary school here in Ilorin with a salary of 20k hoping that one day I will see a befitting job, it's over 2yrs now without a job. I can't continue with this teaching again because it has been hell right from day one and I'm not getting any younger cos I'm 29yrs.

The problem right now is that the guy I have been squating with wants me to leave his house because he will be getting married soon . Within this 2yrs I have been teaching, I was able to save up to 250k because I engaged myself in some extra lesson after closing, sometines I starve myself to have savings and also because I dont pay rent.

Now I'm confused about what to do, whether I should use the money for accommodation , or use the money to start a physical business (buying and selling) or use the money to acquire ICT skills ( if there will be job after the skill acquisition) or maybe I should just go for my masters.

Pls nairalanders your humble brother really needs solid advice on how to go about this.

Drop your WhatsApp number. I will connect you with someone involved in social networks business. The money you need to start is about 35k. If you sincerely believe me. I also live in ilorin.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by SoNature(m): 5:38am On Dec 25, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:

So you prefer calling me a goat?

I like you and will give you a kiss as retaliation.

kiss kiss

Say IN

Not AS

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by CooldudeX1: 5:47am On Dec 25, 2018
OP, learn a skill that will pay you for the rest of your life. Forex trading is lucrative, you can start making money while you're still learning how to trade when you join imarkelive. Chat me up on whatsapp 07067036557 for more. You don't have to pay me for anything.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by catwhiskers1993: 6:20am On Dec 25, 2018
aaronson:
Try to reconnect with any friends and relatives you have in any of those cities and beg to stay with them for not more than 6 month, With earnings from Uber you should be able to atleast rent a low cost house before the 4th month.

I'm in Abuja and I have a car for rent. dmexy33@gmail.com
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Damitism: 6:20am On Dec 25, 2018
If you can get a fairly used laptop, I can guide you on freelancing on both upwork and fiverr. You must have a sellable skill(s) too.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 25, 2018
Sarang:

Hahaha will do my best.. I am fine thank you
Follow me on instagram @Scribblingbluegrin

Please do.

I'll have to create a new instagram account coz I deleted it some months ago

Modified
@mzta_royal is ur new follower
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Sarang(f): 6:24am On Dec 25, 2018
Harbioye:

Please do.

I'll have to create a new instagram account coz I deleted it some months ago

Modified
@mzta_royal is ur new follower

Seen. See you around. I am following too. Thanks
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Acidosis(m): 6:29am On Dec 25, 2018
Learn graphics/creative design and make sure you're good at it. Ensure you learn from a highly creative designer (we have some on Nairaland).

You will never know suffering or hunger for as long as you continue to improve yourself.

Why Graphics design? First, Companies, churches, industries, institutions, print shops, governments, politicians and individuals need your services almost on a per hour basis.
They need you to reach the public.

Second, it is one of those jobs you can create yourself without necessarily working in a corporate setting. You will earn as much as those on corporate suits pursuing MBA and the likes. Companies don't joke with their creative designers, they will do anything to keep you.

Third, it is one of those jobs you will get easily even with a third class degree; just keep a great portfolio and a personal online CV where you upload your work.

Fourth, it is the one of the few jobs you can do in a corporate setting and still maintain your personal side hustle.

Forget about website and the likes, just focus on graphics/creative design.

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by catwhiskers1993: 6:30am On Dec 25, 2018
jinka:

Pls I need you to tell me more about the okirika clothes business. I stay in Ilorin and I think k I might be able to sell it easily.
v

I have okrika direct from U.S extremely cheap dmexy33@gmail.com

Car for rent Abuja

Living space for rent nyanya Abuja.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by catwhiskers1993: 6:32am On Dec 25, 2018
samuelchimmy:
I think sir, the best advice is for you to join Uber or taxify, leave that ilorin and relocate to somewhere like Lagos or Abuja, I know you think it's not possible looking at the resources you have in your arsenal.

You are afraid of the unknown, I implore you to leave your comfort zone, find a friend or a relative to squat with in these locations...
the truth is you will get more opportunities in these locations as a graduate why driving
Goodluck

40k/year
House in nyanya Abuja
dmexy33@gmail.com
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Coolbrisk(m): 6:35am On Dec 25, 2018
Olalekank:
Do you have a laptop?

Are you interested in mobile development?
I can put you through if you're interested

I'm interested in mobile development. Pls how do I contact you?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by omojeesu(m): 6:36am On Dec 25, 2018
naijamerican:

I hope you die soon

I will only die when God says it is time. In the interim I will continue to enjoy Him. Please join me.

(But I am curious why did you say such a thing. You don't know me. Neither do I know you. How will my death profit you?)
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by PanickMode(m): 6:43am On Dec 25, 2018
Look for someone that deals in car spare parts or any spare parts thats in use in that area or even generator spare parts. Learn the trade or try to learn electrical wiring thats being a skilled electrician. You will make it if you partner with someone. Try and still be squating till your hv more resources
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by frozen70(f): 6:44am On Dec 25, 2018
jinka:

Pls which state do you reside?

I don't support this idea, his state of residence is different from yours so how do you transport it and what is the condition of the keke before buying it.

You can contact any person you think can buy keke for you on hire purchase and you pay daily returns as agreed by both of you

If that is done, use part of your money to get a one room apartment and start leaving there and do your keke business

By the end of one year, you have finished paying for the keke, while doing so don't accommodate any woman in your house because you can't be stranded and keep a woman at home

If you must keep a woman, look for a woman who is working so that both of you can plan well

But it's very painful after school one is relegated to mush room job
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by PureMe01: 6:48am On Dec 25, 2018
Mursz:

How do you earn 20k and save up 250k out of it? Seems so so impossible to me, first i must commend your effort and your resilience to saving. I should be seeking people like you as friends.

To your question, find a need within the location you reside, Offer a service, or sell something. You could start up a cleaning service with far less than that, all you need to do is seek out people who need your services, that shouldnt be too difficult, given your tenacity.

Kudos to you once again for your determination. However dont rush into anything, take your time, do a business plan before you venture into anything and i’m sure you’ do fine.
saving 250k from 20k salary for over 2 years is very very possible once u aint paying house rent

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

N-Power Test: What's Your Score? / glo Customer Care / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.