Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Why Am I So Unemotional? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Am I So Unemotional? (11967 Views)

Why Am I So Melancholy? / I Can Be So Unemotional Atimes This Must Be The Reason / Are Women Really “fish Brain” …why Am I So Obsessed About Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by generationz(f): 8:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:
See this girl o, you're not happy that 100+ people wish u happy Christmas.

Okay what will you say about people like us when never receive even 1 message between yesterday and now.

I wish was u.

happy new year in advance dear

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
generationz:

happy new year in advance dear
thank you
Wish you the same
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by dj5naira(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Who asked for your indulgence?

UyaiIncomparabl(f)?
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
dj5naira:

UyaiIncomparabl(f)?

??
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by LordKO(m): 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=Themellowone post=74177159]

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Why am I so unemotional? I mean, nothing hardly interests my fancy. Just this morning, I've received countless 'Yuletide's' greetings from acquaintances and close friends, but I haven't even deemed it fit to return the texts nor the calls. I intentionally rejected two calls from unknown persons who I know were calling to wish me a Merry Christmas. Nothing ever interests me.

I'm not even turned on/elated of the fact that today is Christmas. Seeing people passing by and chanting at the top of their voices 'Eku Odun' or 'Merry/Happy Christmas my sister' really irks me a lot. I wonder what the whole fuss is all about!

I mean, I've just been trying to force myself to reply people who've been disturbing my ears to the ongoing celebration, and in actuality, I don't even mean it.

I remember warning someone yesterday never to wish me anything else I block him. How sad!

Now, the whole summary of my post is, I'm not fun-seeking. I'm too rigid. I'm never elated at any celebration. I don't go to see movies. I hate eateries. The mall scares me. I tell off the few friends I have, but they understand my madness and they keep returning. I hardly get moved if someone is even dying. I always find faults in everything.

Am I mentally deranged or totally normal?
Am I a sadist? Why am I so unemotional? Right now, my mind is filled with strife. I truly agree now and think that I need mental help. I think I'm a psycho.

You need someone u can pour ur heart out to. Someone who wouldn't judge u by ur past, someone u can relate ur deepest darkest secrets without fear.. You shouldn't be afraid to let someone see the real u underneath all that skin , break down those defences & let ur guard down & be bold enough to live free. You are normal but ur in a really bad head space right now. You gotta be passionate about at least one thing.. Life is too hard & short to live it through all that strife. We all going to die one day why make life harder than it already is. I wish i could really help u see the picture i am trying to paint here. I know u hv been thru a lot but just try to slow down & appreciate the little things u always take for granted because in the end they are what truly counts. Passion is the fire that lights our way... Always remember that wink

Happy New year UyaiIncomparabl

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by LordKO(m): 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
Themellowone:

Quite profound.

Happy New Year
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
LordKO:

Happy New Year

Wow. Thanks very much. Same to you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by SkinnyNigga: 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hmm. I don't even feel elated in the house of God. Whenever those pastors preach, my mind is always elsewhere. They sound like loudspeakers to me.
did someone break your heart?
are you single?
do you have a boyfriend?
does he treat you well?

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Why am I so unemotional? I mean, nothing hardly interests my fancy. Just this morning, I've received countless 'Yuletide's' greetings from acquaintances and close friends, but I haven't even deemed it fit to return the texts nor the calls. I intentionally rejected two calls from unknown persons who I know were calling to wish me a Merry Christmas. Nothing ever interests me.

I'm not even turned on/elated of the fact that today is Christmas. Seeing people passing by and chanting at the top of their voices 'Eku Odun' or 'Merry/Happy Christmas my sister' really irks me a lot. I wonder what the whole fuss is all about!

I mean, I've just been trying to force myself to reply people who've been disturbing my ears to the ongoing celebration, and in actuality, I don't even mean it.

I remember warning someone yesterday never to wish me anything else I block him. How sad!

Now, the whole summary of my post is, I'm not fun-seeking. I'm too rigid. I'm never elated at any celebration. I don't go to see movies. I hate eateries. The mall scares me. I tell off the few friends I have, but they understand my madness and they keep returning. I hardly get moved if someone is even dying. I always find faults in everything.

Am I a sadist? Why am I so unemotional? Right now, my mind is filled with strife. I truly agree now and think that I need mental help. I think I'm a psycho.

You can start by replying the Yuletide messages. Spread the happiness and see it grow on you too.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by nedubest(m): 4:07am On Jan 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

What do you sell?

I'm a graphics designer and web designer
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by TheWalkingMind: 9:18am On Jan 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

You are not alone. Welcome to the family.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2019
TheWalkingMind:
You are not alone. Welcome to the family.

Hmmmmm. How've you been?
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by TheWalkingMind: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hmmmmm. How've you been?
Have been good. Hope life and business is moving smooth over there?
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by goldenboyofpsy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I appreciate your approach greatly, but I don't think you can succeed in helping me. It's innate. I've always been like this.
If you truly need help, don't close your heart to help and assistance offered by friends. professional help is what you need. Even if its hereditary, it can be worked on if you are willing to overcome it. But as a trained psychologist, its not normal or healthy. Admit you can overcome it. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:50am On Jan 24, 2019
stableprice:
Try smoking some marijuana it will help increase your Dopamine & serotonin levels so you feel the ease and joy in your brain,, you turn up your feelings ASAP

I paid a supplier 15k for half bible size of quality smoke on Sunday •Arizona• precisely and as am typing, am stepping out of my room to burn my first blunt this evening.

You don't need to smoke with friends if you love to focus & concentrate you can smoke alone

feels so good to be alive..just try it

You're not serious.
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by ibkonekt(m): 6:39am On Jan 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Branter: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
Smoking marijuana is a bad way to solve a problem. But you can use CBD oil for such purposes. You can read for this information online. At such resources like this one: https://naturalwellnesscbdoil.com/hempura-cbd-oil-review/

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:44am On Jan 28, 2019
Branter:

Smoking marijuana is a bad way to solve a problem. But you can use CBD oil for such purposes. You can read for this information online. At such resources like this one: https://naturalwellnesscbdoil.com/hempura-cbd-oil-review/

I'll pass a great deal. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

May be true though,but a bad review. Damaging.
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by essenceplus: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2019
Elderlucifer:

Good one. But pocohantas needs this solution more.

Who is this guy?
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
Just like me, what's the point of celebrating Christmas some think it's a party when y'all should go to church if you wish me merry Christmas I say the person you should be wishing Merry Christmas is Jesus for what he had done for us but about the going out part I go out a lot and I myself am a loner and want to be left alone but if I was to show my characters I won't have friends so I slightly bury it giving me a weird behaviour but now it's coming back and it had really messed me up

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Konquest: 11:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
@UyaiIncomparabl
How has your day been?

I read the first 2 pages of this thread topic for the first time last week and
you painted a very vivid picture in my mind's eye... and it's one of the
TWO major reasons why I followed you on NL. So I gradually typed my
reply entirely off hand on my mobile device.

I have a bit of jet lag right now... after a long international flight, and I
haven't been so active on NL within the week, so let me post this right
away.

Well your post was on December 25, 2018, but I can still write a few
laser-targeted words. I've read many books on human psychology, and
attended certified courses and seminars on emotional intelligence. My mother
was a senior medical practitioner, and I have had the opportunity to read
a lot of thick medical books... So, I've got some brilliant medical and
non-medical ideas as to what may have happened to you... so lets
dive right in!

First off, I must commend you for opening this very profound thread to
share your feelings. This is one of the best threads I have ever read since
I started using NL in 2005. A lot of men for instance don't like to talk about
their feelings because they think they will be looked down upon as being
less of a man. So, you as a young woman are NOT mentally deranged
or a sadist and I will NOT say you are bipolar, but do also see a psychiatrist or
psycho-analyst in your city of residence who can FURTHER evaluate
you... and catch any other thing that may be FLYING below the radar!
I am sure you know that a psychiatric hospital doesn't mean you
are mad or mentally deranged. Psycho-analysts work in psychiatric
facilities too.

#1. RAGING HORMONES: From reading your post... you may have had raging
HORMONAL issues, or you probably were subconsciously worried about unmet
expectations in the year... when things are not PANNING OUT in the
exact way want it.

However we look at it, female hormones such as estrogen and progesterone
secretions, can clash together during your monthly menstrual and ovulation
cycles, and they are directly linked to the Central Nervous System.

Pre-Menstrual Syndrome or PMS occurences are one of the TOP 5
reasons that are responsible for marital divorces worldwide. This is based
on credible medical research!

Women having PMS especially from the ages of 20 to 50 can display
all kinds of emotions from crying without cause, anger, anxiety, irritability,
depression, fatigue, self-isolation, and a whole lot of negative emotions
which are not there fault!

A lot of men do not know this fact... and so they lash out at their female
spouses and the women then also overreact with more disrespect... and
then BOOM DIVORCE sets in.

A second variant or type of this situation is the Post-Partum
depression which occurs in pregnant women even before
giving birth. It is very insidious and fully manifests when
a woman delivers her babies and due to hormonal imbalances,
she is not able to cope with the pressures of being a new mother
or second time mother. Women have been known to harm
their babies in the process. So, having a family member to
help out with the care of the baby might help to relieve
the mother till she is able to overcome the raging hormonal
issues.

#2. STRESS: Stress is a major trigger of the kind of REACTION
you posted about. I have found out that technology and ICT tools
can cause distractions and we are put under stress to respond
to emails, return SMS messages, phone calls, chat on FB, post
on Twitter, log on to Instagram and get put under SOCIAL
PRESSURES to keep up with the Joneses, watch YouTube
channels we have subcribed to, and more!

Better to turn these devices off and take some rest, because
stress that comes from using ICT devices breeds anger and
anxiety if used too much. And that brings us to the issue of
Time Management in the next key point below.

#3. STRONG TIP: TIME MANAGEMENT
Let me share with YOU one of the TIME MANAGEMENT strategies
I've used for years to achieve more everyday.

"Do something POSITIVE everyday. " The MORE POSITIVE things you
do daily, the more your self-esteem GROWS. The LESS POSITIVE things you
do daily, the more your self-esteem DROPS. Focus on the Top 20% of the
most important things in your daily to-do-list... and DELEGATE the
remaining 80% of your daily to-do-list.

You can achieve MORE POSITIVE things by using the Pareto Principle
which states that 20% of the things you do will give you 80% of your
RESULTS. This Pareto Principle works in all spheres of human
endeavor. From academics, to investments, the 80/20 Principle
or Pareto Principle truly works! There is a popular book on the
80/20 Principle by Robert Koch in my personal library collections,
so you can get to buy one from a book store at an airport, hotels,
and malls in your area of residence, which I assume is Lagos.

#4. USE ESSENTIAL OILS OR PATCHOULI:
Lavender, lemon oils or any other essential oil fragrance you like for
AROMATHERAPY body massages. I use this too...and it works fine.
Fragrances have ways of soothing or calming the nerves by working
on the neuro-transmitters in the brain. This helps to destress anyone.
Get this from a health store or a mall near you. Perhaps you could do
price comparison shopping online and get these things cheaper by using
some of the good NL shippers.

SUMMARY:
Read up more on these 4 key points at your leisure.
You are not mentally deranged, but you show a great deal of
self-awareness in your post by speaking out... and I like that in
a woman. Your writing is neat, and you seem to be a very
smart young woman too.

I hope this helps!

Cheers!

P.S. #Great thread!

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2019
ignant:
I think I remember you stating something about your. unstable childhood. Your emotional dissociation is a coping mechanism against the pitfalls of unaffection you experienced while growing up.

It is not a phase in your case, it is how you raised yourself. Associating with people drains you. You will get easily irritated because you are wary of anything that implies companionship.

You have no idea what to do with the warmth shown to you by others. You do not understand why people even show you warmth. You have survived this far without much warmth and find it hard to understand why people show weakness, and term it "warmth".

You are ice cold as a motherfvcker.

Very apt.
Used to have this problem too.
Learnt to start building emotion.
It's an ongoing process but so far there is progress.
This is defender mechanism to ward off pain and disappointment. There is nothing wrong with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are You Having A Hard Time Making Babies? / You Need These Shoes In Your Collection / Divorce: Family Denies Court Granted Custody Of Children To Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.