Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why Am I So Unemotional? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Am I So Unemotional? (11946 Views)

Why Am I So Melancholy? / I Can Be So Unemotional Atimes This Must Be The Reason / Are Women Really “fish Brain” …why Am I So Obsessed About Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by IamPlato(m): 11:35am On Dec 26, 2018
Ishilove:

You have mood swings?
I Got That Too... I Dont Like It, i Cant Control Mine
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by IamPlato(m): 11:37am On Dec 26, 2018
Mizwisdom:

You're a psychopath but this is in no way intended to call you names. I didn't quote you but concurred with what someone else had said. You're not my equal so I wouldn't exchange words with you. My intention is to help someone who has a problem and knows she does. Been there done that, those friends you think can take your crap will disappear with time, those Xmas calls too, was trying to help. Good luck

You Dont Know A Thing... Be Quiet And Be Gone...

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by IamPlato(m): 11:45am On Dec 26, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm mostly depressed. I think I'm a sadist. Broke? That's subjective. Suicide? Contemplating.
if You Like Become The Richest Woman. Your Introverted Isolating attitude Will Never Leave you
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
Pavore9:

You may have attained a PhD or PsyD but it doesn't cost human blood to achieve it so arrogance should not come in. Is it not the same doctorate program I know many Nigerian Reverend Sisters are running here in Nairobi and one can feel their congruence!

If you felt he rubbed you the wrong way, you know there are better ways to relate to it.

You Monkey, shut up. Truly, there are just few sensible Black people, of which both of you are not.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Pavore9: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2018
Themellowone:

You Monkey, shut up. Truly, there are just few sensible Black people, of which both of you are not.

This clearly proves you don't even have a diploma in Psychology! PhD fire.....If I hear! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by freecocoa(f): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2018
You are a mad woman, simples.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2018
Its not only you, this Christmas is just somehow for me, everyone that sent me Christmas messages, I barely managed to reply them, the only Xmas message I sent was to my boyfriend, my exes that have not been talking to me and the ones I have not been talking to even sent me and called me, I snubbed them and blocked them numbers, this Christmas is just too awkward for me and I'm feeling very awkward, I'm not feeling the Yuletide at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Ishilove: 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2018
IamPlato:
Ishilove! So You Too De This Team...

Let Me Tell You Something, My Friend Was Feeling Pains in His Stomach that Made Him Uncomfortable but I Was Busy With My Writing, i Looked At Him And Continued With My Work... He Cut Himself With A Knife But I Couldnt Even say Sorry but Rather I Told Him That His Cut Was Small compared To The One I Saw Some Days Ago. grin my Friend Looked At Me And Said "You Are A Vampire, you Dont have Emotions".

I Remember Dropping A Padlock On Somebody's Head From The Second Floor Of A Building and Didnt Feel An Atom Of Pity...

At One Night Rehearsals, a Female Friend Of Mine Fainted every One Rushed Around Her but I Didnt Move but Rather I Just Concluded She Was Pretending.
Ummm... Okay... I'm not this fvcked up lipsrsealed embarassed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Ishilove: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2018
IamPlato:
I Got That Too... I Dont Like It, i Cant Control Mine
I only have mood swings when I'm broke, otherwise my moods are pretty much steady. grin
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2018
Themellowone:

Look for your mates elsewhere. You do not know what it takes to obtain a PhD in psychology.

hmmmmm, you have a disorder.
I was trying to get you to explain stuff so we can learn but as far as I can tell... maturity is quite far from you.

well I concur, I do not know what it takes to obtain a PhD in psychology....
but I know a thing or two about maturity.. u might learn from me as well.

now here's what I'd have done if I were faced with the same question I threw at you... (with my PhD in psychology)

I'd have differentiated (broadly) between an ED personality and EN and then relate one with the OPs description (in totality) and also state why the other one isn't related.... even if it's not for me, but for others to learn

obviously your patients have been diagnosed wrongly several times, just hope u havent sent people to their early graves (suicide).

back to base.... for those that feels the ops condition is merely a total insensitivity for festive periods then you might need to read the first post again.
Her case is more of total insensitivity to everything and everyone.... if I am wrong she can always correct me.... I can be corrected even when I will get my PhD.

I know this because I can totally relate to her condition..... she finds solace on NL where she feels no obligation whatsoever as she can decide to turn off and on without consequences.... it's not chronic yet.

lastly guys, it is mundane to think that having a PhD means you know all in totality about a field.... one can only infer that he /she is well learned only if the knowledge is available, the skill is available and the "experience" is available. This is not to underrate the title or degree.

4 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2018
IamPlato:
Ishilove! So You Too De This Team...

Let Me Tell You Something, My Friend Was Feeling Pains in His Stomach that Made Him Uncomfortable but I Was Busy With My Writing, i Looked At Him And Continued With My Work... He Cut Himself With A Knife But I Couldnt Even say Sorry but Rather I Told Him That His Cut Was Small compared To The One I Saw Some Days Ago. grin my Friend Looked At Me And Said "You Are A Vampire, you Dont have Emotions".

I Remember Dropping A Padlock On Somebody's Head From The Second Floor Of A Building and Didnt Feel An Atom Of Pity...

At One Night Rehearsals, a Female Friend Of Mine Fainted every One Rushed Around Her but I Didnt Move but Rather I Just Concluded She Was Pretending.

I Also Hate Being Visited On Christmas Day as I Hate Going To People's House On Christmas Day or Even Most Days... I Love To Reflect And Think, Write And Maybe Chill With My Girl (I Sent All Packing before December)...

I Discover That I Am A Simple Complex and Classifed Being smiley

lol...... but how do u react when u lose a close family member?
do u involuntarily show empathy and emotions or do u struggle with it and try to fake it to others to avoid criticism.

your last sentence tho..... LMAO
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by IamPlato(m): 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ishilove:

Ummm... Okay... I'm not this fvcked up lipsrsealed embarassed cheesy
Actually, I Thought I Was Cursed Or Something but I Realised it Helps Me Keep Control Of My Emotions... I Get Over Relationship Problems Quickly. I Call It Emotions Lock Down...

It Has Made Girls Like Me they Say I'm The Sendless Type, I Careless...
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Pavore9: 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

hmmmmm, you have a disorder.
I was trying to get you to explain stuff so we can learn but as far as I can tell... maturity is quite far from you.

well I concur, I do not know what it takes to obtain a PhD in psychology....
but I know a thing or two about maturity.. u might learn from me as well.

now here's what I'd have done if I were faced with the same question I threw at you... (with my PhD in psychology)

I'd have differentiated (broadly) between an ED personality and EN and then relate one with the OPs description (in totality) and also state why the other one isn't related.... even if it's not for me, but for others to learn

obviously your patients have been diagnosed wrongly several times, just hope u havent sent people to their early graves (suicide).

back to base.... for those that feels the ops condition is merely a total insensitivity for festive periods then you might need to read the first post again.
Her case is more of total insensitivity to everything and everyone.... if I am wrong she can always correct me.... I can be corrected even when I will get my PhD.

I know this because I can totally relate to her condition..... she finds solace on NL where she feels no obligation whatsoever as she can decide to turn off and on without consequences.... it's not chronic yet.

lastly guys, it is mundane to think that having a PhD means you know all in totality about a field.... one can only infer that he /she is well learned only if the knowledge is available, the skill is available and the "experience" is available. This is not to underrate the title or degree.

One can just imagine how she relates with her "clients" if she is truly what she claims because she is clearly in need of PT to resolve her personal issues before she heaps her counter transference on " clients"!

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by IamPlato(m): 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

lol...... but how do u react when u lose a close family member?
do u involuntarily show empathy and emotions or do u struggle with it and try to fake it to others to avoid criticism.

your last sentence tho..... LMAO
My Mother's Death Would Be The Only Death To Move Me... She Is Still Very Much Alive!

I Get Concern With Situations When I See Blood... Its Not My Fault I'm Like That... Dead Bodies Dont freak me
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
Pavore9:

One can just imagine how she relates with her "clients" if she is truly what she claims because she is clearly in need of PT to resolve her personal issues before she heaps her counter transference on " clients"!

lolz.... I'm not surprised that she definitely needs counseling (I'm not saying this in a bad way) but a wise man once said: when fighting demons, one has to be careful not to become one!

3 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
IamPlato:
My Mother's Death Would Be The Only Death To Move Me... She Is Still Very Much Alive!

I Get Concern With Situations When I See Blood... Its Not My Fault I'm Like That... Dead Bodies Dont freak me

wow, then u are still sensitive to something

but trust me, it's an issue although most people feel it's a superpower and I don't blame them
people will most likely prey and take advantage of one's emotions esp when it's oozing outta the person..... so most people actually crave for this insensitivity
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Pavore9: 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

lolz.... I'm not surprised that she definitely needs counseling (I'm not saying this in a bad way) but a wise man once said: when fighting demons, one has to be careful not to become one!

There is nothing wrong in going for counseling being a therapist because it is a professional requirement that every therapist should regularly go for personal therapy to deal with his/her personal issues while also go for supervision to deal with professional issues and it is unethical in the profession if a therapist don't get involved in these as they would ultimately lead to the therapist damaging his/her clients.
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
[quote author=obekediamondfuto [/quote]

Black Monkey with low IQ. Any human being with an average IQ will agree with her that her first post you quoted was detailed. But as a Monkey you are, you were more concerned about insulting her and imposing your foolish opinion on her. Well, until you obtain both medical and academic doctoral degrees from the best universities in the world like her, I say shut up.
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2018
[quote author=Elderlucifer post=74180410][/quote]
lolz.... niggy... sorry oh.
but I only engage people with at least a PhD. so sorry

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by CityNGR: 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

lolz.... niggy... sorry oh.

but I only engage people with at least a PhD.
so sorry
Hehehe las las you go dey alright!! Avoidance is great for that man.
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2018
CityNGR:

Hehehe las las you go dey alright!!

nigga u dey come here too?
sometimes I come here to be alright jare.... make I diversify small.... I go soon get my PhD sha

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by CityNGR: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

nigga u dey come here too?
sometimes I come here to be alright jare.... make I diversify small.... I go soon get my PhD sha
Congratulations in advance. Make the invitation reach me o
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I never had a sound upbringing. My parents are a write off.

there lies the problem..... truth is..... so many people are living with a more chronic version of this ND they do not want a solution as they see it as a super skill.

research on EDD..... you can help urself on the internet if you want to sha....

it is well
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
Martinez39:
Anhedonia?! grin I had this last year.

Hmm. It even has a name. How did you get by?
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2018
A very realistic approach. I'll take time to ponder over. Thanks.

LordKO:
Yours is a case of emotional numbness - you being indifferent/unemotional about Christmas and other festivals isn't an issue (some of us are like that too). You being strifeful is what makes your case abnormal and the solution to it lies in your hands. If you're truly not comfortable with the situation - some people in same situation may find it convenient, their choice - follow the following steps:

- Revert to your default settings. After achieving this feat you'll be in a carefree state. . . enjoy its bliss. But avoid making it your permanent abode (it's a very comfortable place to be), actually your inability to transmute will automatically turn you to a sociopath (I say avoid it) - fortunately, the world needs more altruistic and conscientious people. Be fair to the world.

- Now define yourself (your new self) - I'll advise you to take to good and no nonsense personality option. By so doing you'll automatically become an altruistic and conscientious person as I mentioned above.

- To achieve all of the above, you need a serene environment and personal home to live in alone (or to live with people with harmless attitude) - this doesn't mean that you should alienate yourself from the world. Avoidance of toxic people remains constant - just strive to detoxify yourself first.

Should you follow this lead and inculcate it as your anima, believe you me that the happiness and benefits you in particular and people around you (sane and sound ones) in general will begin to experience, this place will not be able to contain them if I begin to enumerate them.

However, failure to do the needful will lead you into a full state of psychotic in the near future.

Health and personal advancement solution service is very expensive to afford, but here I've given it to you free of charge.

4 Likes

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
Hungarriman:
Quick question... Do you find your mind frequently wandering, especially whenever you are alone?

An emphatic yes!

I soliloquize a whole lot too, which i find very abnormal.
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
Godson213:

Are you a pastor daughter ?

No. Anything?
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
castro316:

Good I am glad you are aware of your zodiac sign. It is not unusual for you to feel this way. Second there is something you haven't achieved which is bugging you without that you might find it difficult to be happy. Pls set yourself free if not chances of going into depression might set in. Reply if I was. Helpful

You've been helpful. Yes, there are things that I haven't achieved that makes me bicker whenever I think about them. I always feel like a failure.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
I'm pessimistic too.

castro316:

Seeing things from the negative aspect is something you should watch out against. Learnn to love yourself and begin to discover special things about you. Virgos are creative sensitive and very kind. You are special. Use your good sides to encourage yourself. Practice acts of kindness and discover there are lots of people living worse than you and feel very happy. I am sure you will glow once again. Evenn if it is 2 things you like about yourself, hold on to it and find 3, 4, 5 things. You will realize you are loved. If you need a good friend request for me
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by IamPlato(m): 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

wow, then u are still sensitive to something

but trust me, it's an issue although most people feel it's a superpower and I don't blame them
people will most likely prey and take advantage of one's emotions esp when it's oozing outta the person..... so most people actually crave for this insensitivity
My Emotions Are in control but I Do Not Consider This To Be A Super power At All. Its Awkward When I Do Not Know How To Get emotional In Certain Situations. For Example, visiting A Friend Who Lost Someone, i Usually Dont Know How To Feel Sorry For Them because It Never Comes i Dont Even Know What To Say To Them... Some time ago I Heard Of The Death Of Someone I Know, i Just Smiled and Said Its A Pity.
Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2018
victorian:
You are normal op. It's just that u are

Simply broke
Things ain't going the way u envisage
So you are depressed and pissed at yourself and to the world

Don't worry, be positive minded, talk to God about it. And things will gradually shapen up.

It's a phase . It will pass

Hmm. Broke? That's subjective. Besides, I've been talking to God for years. I always pray that I pass this phase hastily.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I So Unemotional? by IamPlato(m): 1:37pm On Dec 26, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

An emphatic yes!

I soliloquize a whole lot too, which i find very abnormal.
chill. I Soliloquize too. What Exactly Do You Soliloquize about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obams Dispatch Lagos Door Step Pickup And Delivery From 800naira / Help My Mother-inlaw Asked My Husband To Walk Out Of Our Marriage / Is It Right For My Brother In Law To Sleep On My Matrimonial Bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.