Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188857 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 28, 2021
I will be moving to Ottawa in December, I will like to be added to the group as well thanks.

maziude:

Shoot me a pm
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tall4real(m): 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
I think it is better you speak for your own lived experience and not for the "average African". It is like you do not give enough credit to the "average African" and you just generalised based on your own experience. The challenge I think is that people do not know how to keep themselves company, they cannot "hang out" with themselves. For myself here in Nigeria, I have only attended one wedding this year and if I could I would not have gone. My idea of a good weekend is electricity, data, music and netflix. I may enter my house on a Friday and not step out into the compound till Sunday morning. While I do not discount your experience and the fact that your mental health may/is suffering, do not generalize.

Dollywood:

The stuff im saying is that, people should be aware about style of life in Canada, it's a very cold, depressive, dull and uneventful place to live for an average African. Yall should tell them what they can do to help themselves from those ruthless mental torture.

15 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tall4real(m): 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aswear. I actively avoid Nigerian news cuz it will just be giving one unnecessary anxiety and sadness.

shupy:

If you are ever feeling depressed, just read Nigerian news and you'll be glad you're here. Canada is not all bed of roses but Nigeria ehn...

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stonecoldcafe: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hi all,

Especially those living in Calgary. I am trying to sell my vehicle (it has a mechanical issue which I am not willing to sort out - I'm calling time on the vehicle). Other than Kijiji or Facebook Market Place, can anyone advise where I can let it go with a fair return?

Has anyone had a good experience selling their used vehicle in Calgary outside of Kijiji/Facebook Market Place? Ideas needed please. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WinterDreary: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Edelweiss28: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello, pls I've been trying to reach out to you as I need assistance on judicial review and time is fast running out. Kindly respond to my request sent from naira land to allow me send you mails. Thank you.
MyRace:
Hi @einsteino, is there a group like this for Finance Professionals?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Edelweiss28: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello, pls I've been trying to reach out to you as I need assistance on judicial review and time is fast running out. l sent a PM, Kindly allow me send you mails. Thank you
MyRace:
Good day all,

It feels good to be posting here, having just received a Study Visa. I am trying my best to read through the thread as there is so much information to garner. However, I would like to ask a few location specific questions since I would be going to Halifax, Nova Scotia.

1. What is the best location to stay with family?

2. Which region within Halifax has the best Elementary and Middle school, as that will likely determine where we'll stay.

3, Are there specific Elementary and Middle schools that can be recommended?

4. Is there a Whatsapp or Telegram f=group I can join?

Thank you all so much as I await your kind responses
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
casiello:

Let's hear him out rather than get defensive and sometimes aggressive. I have a feeling that the boredom he is expressing has to do with where he is living and doesn't apply broadly. However, it's hypocritical to just dismiss him. You didnt even enquire the province he's based in and you're responding hashly to him.
No country in this world is 100 percent exciting.. The idea of this thread is to discuss the good bad and ugly of living in canada after all. Don't dismiss his comments please. We are here to help each other irrespective of whether you're in Canada or a prospect.

Finally, someone with a grand intellectual level or understanding, and deciphering someone's perspective of something, Canada is not bed full of roses, like you said no country is 100%. I ain't even depressed, or having any issue with my mental health, I don't joke with my mental health, same way i care about people who flock to Cannyland without getting ready for what to meet there. If you're not an introvert before coming to Canada, be prepared to be one, and you should get something to keep you busy, or give u fun, you can get consoles, loads of video games and Netflix. If you're a female, during the winter, that's when the depressive thoughts slide in, you should find nearby gym, and workout. You should always participate in any winter events, like;

1. Ice skiing
2. Exploring the downtown near you
3. Hike, Ski, Snowshoe or Fatbike to enjoy the beauty of Wildwood Conservation Area. 
4. Visit Memorial parks or regular parks near you.

Yall shouldn't just sit around, and bang the door for days gulping coffee, and watching TV. If possible make new friends who you can Visit occasionally.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
People won't talk about stuffs like this, can't even remember the last time yall shared beautiful pictures of Canada when yall go on a walk or something.
Someone can even tell us their work, study and day to day experience, or things they hate about Canada or things they enjoy, or perhaps ever regretted traveling to Canada during a certain time which you felt you could have wait a little and figure things out.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
stonecoldcafe:
Hi all,

Especially those living in Calgary. I am trying to sell my vehicle (it has a mechanical issue which I am not willing to sort out - I'm calling time on the vehicle). Other than Kijiji or Facebook Market Place, can anyone advise where I can let it go with a fair return?

Has anyone had a good experience selling their used vehicle in Calgary outside of Kijiji/Facebook Market Place? Ideas needed please. Thank you.

Those two places are your best bets. Autotrader is another spot. If you want a quick sale with reduced profit, try a dealership. You can also try your luck with an auction (Graham auctions, Regal auctions etc). Bad as e bad, donate it to the kidney foundation and get some tax credits for next year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
Dollywood:
People won't talk about stuffs like this, can't even remember the last time yall shared beautiful pictures of Canada when yall go on a walk or something.
Someone can even tell us their work, study and day to day experience, or things they hate about Canada or things they enjoy, or perhaps ever regretted traveling to Canada during a certain time which you felt you could have wait a little and figure things out.
you haven’t shared too. So why complaining lmao

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Dollywood:

Guy what exactly is your problem? I can't seem to understand why you are concerned or angry about what people choose to share or not share.

By the way, there is nothing that is said here that can't be found on Google if one does a proper research.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shupy: 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
I am in need of a naija caterer in Toronto.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stonecoldcafe: 4:17am On Oct 29, 2021
19CannyMum:

Those two places are your best bets. Autotrader is another spot. If you want a quick sale with reduced profit, try a dealership. You can also try your luck with an auction (Graham auctions, Regal auctions etc). Bad as e bad, donate it to the kidney foundation and get some tax credits for next year.

Hahaha at last sentence. Thank you for this... I appreciate...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2021
Hmmm...not allowed here
Abiodunoyebell:
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF GENUINE AND INSTANT PROOF OF FUNDS PLEASE CONTACT THIS NUMBER ON WATS APP 09097772183
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:33am On Oct 30, 2021
Yonge and Gerard street intersection, Toronto

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 9:22am On Oct 30, 2021
More pictures please. I love Ontario wink
ednut1:
Yonge and gerrard , Toronto
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
Today is Halloween o grin. I've been thinking of going to a haunted house and scream my lungs out. Just a little bit scared. Anyone here been to a haunted house? grin
I'm in Windsor btw shocked

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lesbihornest(f): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
irijuola:
Today is Halloween o grin. I've been thinking of going to a haunted house and scream my lungs out. Just a little bit scared. Anyone here been to a haunted house? grin
I'm in Windsor btw shocked
God when? embarassed
The whole of Nigeria itself is a haunted house for me still here grin

23 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hi @maziude please check your email. I will like to be added to the ottawa group chat thanks

maziude:

Shoot me a pm
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tourphland(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2021
Who knows the best crypto trading platform in Canada.

Is Binance working in Canada?

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
You could have typed this on Google and got the answers you needed
tourphland:
Who knows the best crypto trading platform in Canada.

Is Binance working in Canada?

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Luckymama: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dollywood:
So nobody's going to talk about how boring and depressing living in Canada can be. I sometimes don't know the essence of this thread, only talks about assistance of visa applications, and so on.

Living in any European/western country can be depressing - oyibo keep to themselves. I suggest you find things to do that you enjoy - and learn to like the simple things - hikes, visiting the lake/park etc. Many Canadians are all about the outdoors and if you become more active outdoors you may meet people you share interests with.

for me, I am an introvert. The endless visitors and invitations in Nigeria were a huge burden to me, so I loooove it here! Different strokes to different folks

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eggovic: 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
Lesbihornest:
God when? embarassed
The whole of Nigeria itself is a haunted house for me still here grin
Hahahahahahahahaha
This is hilarious

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eggovic: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
Blurpy:
You could have typed this on Google and got the answers you needed
I typed this in Google and got confusing results. Details from anyone trading crypto here as regards the best platform to use with cheap fees will be nice.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
It's working in Canada but banned in Ontario
Other platforms are
Coinsmart.
Wealthsimple Crypto.
NDAX.
Binance.
Newton.
BitBuy.
MogoCrypto.

Eggovic:

I typed this in Google and got confusing results. Details from anyone trading crypto here as regards the best platform to use with cheap fees will be nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eggovic: 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
Blurpy:
It's working in Canada but banned in Ontario
Other platforms are
Coinsmart.
Wealthsimple Crypto.
NDAX.
Binance.
Newton.
BitBuy.
MogoCrypto.

Thanks meaning I'm safe with binance

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Luckymama:

Living in any European/western country can be depressing - oyibo keep to themselves. I suggest you find things to do that you enjoy - and learn to like the simple things - hikes, visiting the lake/park etc. Many Canadians are all about the outdoors and if you become more active outdoors you may meet people you share interests with.

for me, I am an introvert. The endless visitors and invitations in Nigeria were a huge burden to me, so I loooove it here! Different strokes to different folks

What do you do about the long dark winter that keeps everyone isolated?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dollywood:

What do you do about the long dark winter that keeps everyone isolated?
Chief, what's with you and this loneliness sef? Na so e hard reach? Learn to make new friends or download a dating app or something. Don't come here and start complaining.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
ednut1:
you haven’t shared too. So why complaining lmao

Okay, yall missed the point, I don't live in Canada. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.