Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,764 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2185202 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Yemlizzy(f): 10:09am On Jan 13, 2023
hugapex:

Please who has any contact that can help get a Nigerian Driver's License Extract?

Urgent please....
Have you gotten help on this??

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:16am On Jan 13, 2023
Wonderfulove:
Good morning house

Please I would love to ask, is it possible for me to get a job in Canada from Nigeria. I mean Jobs like Cleaner, cashier and the like. I want to apply from canada job bank.Thank you
unlikely , as there are people on ground that can do such jobs.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:17am On Jan 13, 2023
NuCypher:

This is the sufferness of Ajah-Lekki translated to Canadian. If you have a remote job in this Canada, hold it tight.
lol e no reach grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Esywrite: 10:17am On Jan 13, 2023
alphabbey1:
I need to pay 150 canadian $ application fee. Can anyone help with that ?

Hi, you can use the Pay4Me App to pay your application fee. It shouldn't take more than 30mins
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by alphabbey1(m): 10:50am On Jan 13, 2023
Esywrite:

Hi, you can use the Pay4Me App to pay your application fee. It shouldn't take more than 30mins
They don't have a card I can load fund to

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Esywrite: 10:53am On Jan 13, 2023
alphabbey1:

They don't have a card I can load fund to

You don't need to load fund, just continue to fill out the fields. You'll be directed to a payment page where you can pay with your card or bank transfer.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Drdeee: 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
Good day guys, we applied for my inlaws to come visit us. However four applications were approved (Parent in laws, two siblings were approved) but the last one (bro in law) is still pending, what could be the issue please. Visa office is Kenya. What can I do please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by alphabbey1(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
Esywrite:

You don't need to load fund, just continue to fill out the fields. You'll be directed to a payment page where you can pay with your card or bank transfer.
Check it out bro.
Do you think it's credit card I need to complete this payment...

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lolade30: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Dear family, I'm looking for a rental in South east/west Edmonton from the 1st of March. Two bedrooms. Anyone who has a contact or any advice on how to go about this would be appreciated.
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dkdmy: 7:08am On Jan 14, 2023
Hi guys, has anyone done DoorDash deliveries?
How much can one make from it if it’s being done part time (2-3hrs per day?)
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 7:49am On Jan 14, 2023
dkdmy:
Hi guys, has anyone done DoorDash deliveries?
How much can one make from it if it’s being done part time (2-3hrs per day?)
a friend said he makes average of 16 to 20 dols an hour and makes more if there are promotions and good tips

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 8:31am On Jan 14, 2023
ednut1:
a friend said he makes average of 16 to 20 dols an hour and makes more if there are promotions and good tips
Hello house, a new international year 1 nursing student at Ottawa needs a part time job .
Pleae , I shall appreciate any link .
Thanks & God bless
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
Tcrown2020:

Hello house, a new international year 1 nursing student at Ottawa needs a part time job .
Pleae , I shall appreciate any link .
Thanks & God bless

Check indeed and LinkedIn
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:12am On Jan 15, 2023
maziude:

Check indeed and LinkedIn
Thanks so much . Shall do
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wengerly(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2023
Lummie01:
[url] https:///+ThUMc5ok5JjuOtLR[/url]

Pls can u share here for calgarians

Search “Calgary’s greatest nigerians “on telegram

The group is not visible in Telegram search.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please I need advice on the best bank account to open for a new comer, I’ve been checking the websites of the Big 5 and watching YouTube videos, I think CIBC gives you 2 years free of charges, that’s the longest I’ve seen. I’ll appreciate opinions from you guys, based on customer service, minimal fees etc.

Also for the network provider to use as well, I’ll appreciate your opinion, for this I’ll be within the GTA, so if there are specific providers that are best for the area I’ll appreciate it.

Thank you!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kellion56: 4:38am On Jan 16, 2023
Hello ,House … please I’m travelling with Egyptair in February…can anyone tell me what is the Covid rules for Flying With this airline to Canada…

And again I mistakenly sent my agent my infants Nigerian passport details to book our flight instead of his Canadian passport..I found out later I was supposed to use his Canadian passport not Nigerian..please house hope no issue with this. Please reply friends
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lightswitch007: 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hi everyone, my Nigerian passport will expire in 17 months, and i will be renewing my visa in may 2023 for a 3 years owp extension. Is it possible to apply for passport renewal now?
I've contacted the Nigerian high commission but no response yet.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by REDBULL1(m): 12:48am On Jan 17, 2023
Hello guys,

Please how do I get low insurance rates in Ontario? I'm a g2 driver living in Cambridge. I'm getting quotes of 300+.

Please any tips, advice? Help a brother.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lightswitch007: 1:49am On Jan 17, 2023
REDBULL1:
Hello guys,

Please how do I get low insurance rates in Ontario? I'm a g2 driver living in Cambridge. I'm getting quotes of 300+.

Please any tips, advice? Help a brother.
td is affordable and if you're a student you get a certain discount.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nitrogen(m): 2:05am On Jan 17, 2023
lightswitch007:
Hi everyone, my Nigerian passport will expire in 17 months, and i will be renewing my visa in may 2023 for a 3 years owp extension. Is it possible to apply for passport renewal now?
I've contacted the Nigerian high commission but no response yet.

I think you can renew one year before expiry, but not more than.

https://nigeriahcottawa.ca/2022/12/07/you-can-renew-your-passport-a-year-before-the-expiry-date-h-e-adeyinka-asekun/
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by REDBULL1(m): 10:12am On Jan 17, 2023
lightswitch007:
td is affordable and if you're a student you get a certain discount.

Okay, thank you. I'll asknthem for a quote then.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MarrisCoco: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello house, quick question please, if one is to resume September this year and medicals is to expire by July this year, because medicals is for a year which was done July 2022, does one have to redo another medicals before you enter by August? Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
MarrisCoco:
Hello house, quick question please, if one is to resume September this year and medicals is to expire by July this year, because medicals is for a year which was done July 2022, does one have to redo another medicals before you enter by August? Thank you.
i don't know about student visa but for PR your visa validity is usually tied to your medical validity date or few days after it unless they maybe extend it.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lightswitch007: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
REDBULL1:

Okay, thank you. I'll asknthem for a quote then.
don't ask them. they can over charge you. just visit https://www.tdinsurance.com/ and get an instant quote and if you're ok with the quote you can proceed to confirming your insurance and make payment.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lightswitch007: 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by eyituoyo101: 12:16am On Jan 18, 2023
Oldfashioned145:
I'm also in this boat but I'm attending the university of Regina. I will be traveling in 2 weeks and I'm in need of affordable accommodation. I'm also a female

how is regina treating you?
Settled in yet?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by eyituoyo101: 12:19am On Jan 18, 2023
Oldfashioned145:
I'm also in this boat but I'm attending the university of Regina. I will be traveling in 2 weeks and I'm in need of affordable accommodation. I'm also a female

any luck with this?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oldfashioned145: 1:51am On Jan 18, 2023
Yeah thank you.

eyituoyo101:
any luck with this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oldfashioned145: 1:51am On Jan 18, 2023
Yes I am it's a beautiful place
eyituoyo101:
how is regina treating you?
Settled in yet?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maggiespecial(f): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2023
njambert:

How's Airdrie? That's exactly where I'm looking to move to with my family next year.

I heard they don't have hospital
That's my main concern
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
MarrisCoco:

Your answer is here. In fact they highlighted it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: oscarnoble(m), tblaze007(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.