Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! - TV/Movies (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! (114748 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 2! Register Online Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tommyex(m): 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2007
Tampico
its because u saw how carefully films are done abroad,we have  d talent ere,fine!.but They rush it to much just to make money in record time.My sister got it from some video club,jus check around.There is also some MAINFRAME production new film out,jus incase u understand yoruba(its subtitled though)-it was simply well directed.I could ask for the name of the film if u want

I am sorry 4 goin off-thread

LC

Yea its true,i guess they had been dating 4 long before they took the BABY step,because she looks like someone who wont jus trust guys easily.
But don't crucify me 4 this oo,somewer deep inside i don't jus get-up with the full of the  story.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Tampico(f): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2007
@LC
I hope wat u say is right, cos all ive heard is the six months with the guy. It's possible they've been dating a while. I gess wat just got to me was her suicide attempt over some looser. I believe a lot of us who's ever been inlove(truly)at one point or the other have gone tru that road. Ofu is so strong, and independent, n i gess i just can't see her like that. But i gess she's that way now, due to circumstances that has made her wat she is today. Wateva( I still feel her), i'm all for homegirl!

@Tommyex
No crucify me ooooo! Don't get me wrong. We have serious talent in Nigeria, am i not a Nigerian winkBut u answered ureself now,the rushed work,limited funds,don't make for a good movie, but we are getting there! Cos our music videos are getting hotter by the day for example. SO it's all good.

@All
The HMs are doing a fantastic job in their task presentation. Wonderful! Ive never laffed so much. Theyve just finished, and it was so much work, but men they tried. I fell in love with Code, and Kweku believe it or not. Ah ah! grin Now i'm torn as of who shud go in my book.
Love u guys!
Tforever cool
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by makin(m): 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2007
@lawyerchap
With the way things are within this society in recent times, i won't doubt if she moved in as soon as she set eyes on the guy grin. I know some people who are engaged in twinkle of an eye only to disengage in another twinkle. Before anyone crucifies me on this thread; you should consider the probability that i roll with the wrong crowd.
@all
Cynic in me says the suicide story is a tale, as fairy as they come. This babe sabi the game pass those of us wey dey run analysis.
She played the card at a good time, a sparse house, when we thot we know the house mates initmately, now we begin to understand why she hasn't been snucking into bed with a male in 67 days, we are supposed to feel sorry for her abi! Its an ace in her poker, But she needs two aces for a flawless win.

Homegirl's hair is --------!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2007
makin:

@all
[b]Cynic in me says the suicide story is a tale, as fairy as they come. This babe sabi the game pass those of us wey dey run analysis.[/b]She played the card at a good time, a sparse house, when we thot we know the house mates initmately, now we begin to understand why she hasn't been snucking into bed with a male in 67 days, we are supposed to feel sorry for her abi! Its an ace in her poker, But she needs two aces for a flawless win.

@Makin
I'm totally with you on the fact that homegirl can out-think any of us here when it comes to playing the Big Brother game, but i wonder, wouldn't it have been more in her interest if she had continued to let us think that it was her good upbringing and high morals that made her conduct herself in the exemplary manner that has made her into the epitome of African womanhood? By this revelation she has shown herself to be a deeply flawed person who has descended lower than many African women would, however loose they may be, by living with a man she isn't married to. It may have had the effect of generating pity for her and outrage at the loser that did that to her, but she comes away from the story with her shining image a bit tarnished. Now we know that she's not just level-headed and prudent, but that in addition to being on the wrong side of beauty, she's also scared shitless of romantic involvement. That would be a classic case of shooting herself in the foot. Homegirl is too smart for this to be a card she's playing; if it is, it's a losing hand.

The story rings true to me, and don't forget it was told after some drinking. Tongues are usually loosened under the influence of alcohol, and i don't know too many people who retain enough of their wits when tipsy to concoct elaborate stories complete with scar tissue as proof. But maybe i don't know enough people.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 12, 2007
@LC

deeply flawed?

excuse me!!! shocked

She showed her vulnerability as a human being and that equates to being deeply flawed

if thats the case

then WE are all DEEPLY FLAWED
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by makin(m): 11:26am On Oct 12, 2007
@Lawyerchap,
If u have noticed well, Ofu was an ardent BB watcher. She can call a scene relative to almost every situation in the house from past BBs from different. Sometimes i wonder whether she ever had a day job! Remember her talking about fake evictions in BBUK when she was made to believe that she had been nominated for eviction. Several past winners often had a tale mid way into the show. From the weird to the sentimental, I can still remember the dutch girl who revealed she was bisexual and how much her parents have done to keep it under wraps, she went on to win it.
My suspicion is the timing, why now? I mean we already had testimony time way back, blah blah blah girl was raped, the dwarf was forcefully sodomized (though he found it amazing) and the zambian bloke had a dysfunctional background. Why now?
The stakes are now higher, its time to reveal more hands - if u know what i mean.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 11:38am On Oct 12, 2007
@Salsera
Before you crucify somebody, i didn't mean that as my opinion. What i meant was that if she was telling the story as a strategy, that is how she would have portrayed herself. And deeply flawed here relates to her living with a man she wasn't married to. I doubt that you would ever live with a man you aren't married to. So, yes, deeply flawed accurately describes someone who would do that, not vulnerability.

@Makin
Regarding testimony time, i'm guessing she wanted to get to know her housemates better before divulging such an intimate part of her life to them. I know she's a consummate player of the game and the timing is somewhat suspicious, but i say again, it rings true to me and it doesn't diminsh her one jot in my eyes.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Dalby(m): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2007
Quote from: Tampico on Yesterday at 05:03:33 PM
@tommyex
She has won. Real or not real. I was touched, although i'm still sceptical about her suicide attempt, in the sense that she has got to have insecurity issues to have reached that level, only after 6 months . I tot only oyinbo people did that.

@Tampico
Are you assuming that she moved in with him the day they met? She lived with him for six months, i expect they must have been dating for quite a while before she took the GIANT (and there is no way to exaggerate this) step of moving in with him. So her suicide attempt is not predicated upon the collapse of a six month-long relationship but on the failure of something she believed wholeheartedly in and braved daunting odds to do. How long would you need to have been dating a guy before you can even begin to contemplate moving in with him? 2 years? 4 years? Perhaps never? Well, i'm sure it took a lot out of Ofunneka for her to have made that decision and to have it crumble after six months.

It takes a whole lot for a woman to start living with a man o, probably over 4 years of relationship lipsrsealed
Imagine the agony of a lot of talk from family and friends. I think that she probably felt that by moving in with him, she would be able keep the guy in check (Control). Till fanally that which you have refused to accept now becomes. I have always told my friends to run if they find any of these 2 features in the woman you plan to date.
[list]
[li]Having a protruding fore head[/li]
[li]Having short digits (fingers) compared to body size[/li]
[/list]

Believe me I am yet to be proven wrong lipsrsealed
For these people what they consider their greatest asset ends up being their greatest undoing.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2007
@LC

its ur opinion, your post just proved that. Its your choice of words 'deeply flawed' . i stand by vulnerability

besides
crucification is not such a bad thing
it has done the world a big favor
so *^&g! grin

@makin
not sure if she was faking it, but it worked empathy wise
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2007
@dalby

short digits?
large foreheads?

what are u talking abt?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Dalby(m): 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2007
Look at ofunneka's fore head lipsrsealed
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Tampico(f): 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2007
What are y'all all quibbling about? She faked it , she didn't fake it, she has bought the viewers hook, line ,and sinker( I for one was moved).
Epitome of an african woman, LC? There is no such thing if the woman doesn't have a flaw, that would show that's she's just as human as any of us. We all make mistakes.
So her revelation(if it is true), would only show any other woman, look i went through it, and i made it.That is a symbol of epitomy(for me anyway), that u screwed up, but still managed to find the silver lining in the cloud .
As far as her scar is concerned, i have a scar on my forearm, i can easily claim that it was Brother Johnson that did it grin. But i do agree with u that her story rings true.
On the otherhand i also agree with Makin that Homegirl is playing us, because of her BBinbuilt history. Imagine if i actually qualified for BBN/A next time,whoahooo  cool wink

Imagine this Kwakoo oooo! He told BB in his diaryroom session that he wants to cause dissention in the house, by trying to seduce T(figuratively speaking). He's mad! angry   (Anyway, T saw tru it, and didn't fall for it. I think he really has the hots for T(he always had),so this is just an excuse to attempt the impossible. The dog inside his pants is itching, and he wants it scratched. He should exercise patience for just a little while, the whole of ghananian hoochies will help him scratch it when he gets evicted on sunday. I feel with that attitude and strategy, he has just sealed his fate to go on sunday, how much mumu can the guy get?? undecided

Love y'all
Tforever cool
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by bisii(f): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin

richard`s got to leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin grin
he simply irrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiitaaaaaaaatttttttteeeeeeeessssssssss me!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by bonheur: 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2007
my friend love the bathroom scene.its outrageous this is africa it embarrasses meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lillya(f): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2007
homegirl is now hoh.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by zukkie4eva(f): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2007
Wao!, wat goodnews. So we know she's safe as HOH come monday.

Kwaku out!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by jjuummaaii(f): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2007
Ofunemama is safe from eviction next wk and that means she's closer to the 100k now, Kweku needs to leave now so we can be more rest assured homegirl is safe.
wonder who she'll take to PH.

Lawyerchap, now that we kno the HOH whats ur predictions for next wk
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tommyex(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2007
TAMPICO juice

I am with u on all u said from OFUN 2 KWEKU.
All na just to win the game if true or false
Kweku is sufferin from Stark boredom and it affects his thinking

I hope Ofun BBA2 will not cheat the girl sha,cos she is riding high now oo
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2007
Happy homegirl won

Predicition for next week : Tatiana/Richard vs Code
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by mamus2010(f): 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2007
MAMUS about your that eviction post,all I can say is you have some talent somewhere in the world of writing(novels,films,songs, anything like that)
At d end i felt like i just finished some Sheldon novel.

@ tommyex,

thanx bro, my head is now raised to the power of two wink, its getting too big for my neck oh cheesy

@ all,

with regards ofuneka's story, i must agree with LC. i for one was shocked at her revelation!! first of all, moving in with a man? in nigeria its a no no. when he hasn't paid dowry? the end result most of the time is disrespect, and for her to take that kind of step means she must be extremely insecure. so i'd say she has a deep flaw!!!

but back to the issue, she is HOH, hurray!! i missed the task though!!! sad
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by ebubeki: 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2007
im voting RICHARD OUT!!! not because i like kweku, but because richard is a HUGE threat to ofunne mama.
the people supporting richard want him to win so they will support him if he is up against ofunne. but kweku CAN NEVER win if we r to choose between him and home girl.
I'd say kip maureen and kweku last if u truly truly want ofunne to win.
RICHARD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Grizzly(m): 3:06am On Oct 13, 2007
this is really some disturbing shitt,
whats y'all talking bout, ?
cool shocked
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by spora(m): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2007
TELL ME WHY?: How Ofumama emerged as the HOH

Big Brother decides to give the Housemates a Task that is more cerebral in nature. The Task is called 'Tell me why?' He wants the new House leader to emerge from a Task that is based on the Housemates knowledge of the world.

There are 10 questions in all. Biggie also provides the Housemates with answer sheets. They have to write down their answers as soon as Code reads out the questions.

These are the questions Big Brother asked the Housemates:

1. Why do camels have humps?
2. Why do men's clothes button on the right, and the ladies' on the left?
3. Why do plants bare fruits?
4. Why do water pipes burst when they freeze-up?
5. Why do dogs bury bones?
6. Why don't female deers have horns?
7. Why does the moon appear to change shape?
8. Why do men grow bald more often than women?
9. Why do we shake hands as a greeting?
10. Why do hamsters have cheek pouches?

At the end of the test, Ofumama emerged as the House Leader after scoring the highest mark. However, we are not privy of what her score was. This is the second time Ofunneka will emerge the HoH. To date, every one of the remaining Housemates has been HoH, except for Kwaku.

@All
How many can you get right?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by makin(m): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2007
spora:

At the end of the test, Ofumama emerged as the House Leader after scoring the highest mark. However, we are not privy of what her score was. This is the second time Ofunneka will emerge the HoH. To date, every one of the remaining Housemates has been HoH, except for Kwaku.

How can Kwaku be HOH when he has the brain of a mouse? He was at ease with Meryl most, this is because they both have nothing intelligible to discuss but hangout underneath the covers.
To make matters worse Bertha fried the little winny brain Kwaku had, in her disastrous hairdressing debut.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by jemela: 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2007
I See Ofuneka taking the price so far she has carried herself with dignity never swaying to temptation of coupling ,cleaning and sweeping while most house mates were either snoozing or kissing . Our ofu has been called names like ugly duckling ,Breda,m. o .d maid of house now most  african countries have ditched yabbing her and are rooting 4 her to win ,cus   they moved past the physical ,her good and caring heart has shone right through , Africa finally accepted her warts and all.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tommyex(m): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2007
Makin u are just something else grin

It took my the whole week,I will jus vote for Richard,i guess he wants to go home anyway
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Dalby(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2007
"Everybody said it will not work, I gave a hundred and one percent and finally ended up heart broken"
She claimed she tried to commit suicide.
This girl is really full of tricks. Still I am not moved lipsrsealed

About the protruding fore head, check out Bertha's own grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Tampico(f): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2007
KWAKOO THE DOG IS OUT!
I knew it wud be him, but my heart was in my hands truout, even wen i knew that fact.
Did u guys see the vote, Kwaku had 11 countries, Richard 2, while tatiana had none. Yeah yeah yeah, someone said Africa is condoning adultery, tongue wateva.To me the issue here is not about morality, but pure entertainment, n getting our subscription worth.
Only Bertha came for him. I guess her aggressiveness has won her Kwakoo, and Meryl must have gotten shacked up immediately.
The only person crying for Kwakoo is Ofu.Is she o.k?? shocked She didn't even cry for her boyfriend that left her like that. Mumu
She's really crying like a baby, over T's shoulder.
R was so sure that he was the one leaving,that's why he broke down yesterday. Have u guys watched the clip where he and T lay on the grass bearing their hearts out.
That was touchy charlee. : cry I believe 100% Richiana are really in love. On the one hand, i know he loves his wife too,(I still don't understand how guys have the capacity to love 2 women at once,with ease and girls can't). Anyway after telling T, that wen God finished creating her, He took a rest, on the same breathe he enters the diary room to tell the wife that he still loves her, and that he is coming for her(Men! angry). Anyway wen Code revealed whom he chose to replace him, R's face was red! But R was in shock wen it was Kwakoo who left and not him or T.
I"m happy for him, happy for the way things turned out. I was so happy, i screamed like Ofuneka.
As far as nominations go tomorrow. I don't care cos our mama(HOH) ain't going nowhere grin. Her HOH came at the rite time, cos she wud have been the next target.
Code, n R will be up there again sha, n Ofu mite leave it as it is. And if that comes to that, Code is definitely out!
Anyway guys , i feel GOOD,and on that note, i say have a GOOD night!
Tforever cool
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uche1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2007
KWAKU IS OUT,

Have never seen Offu sob this much - but she nominated Kwaku - what;s up girl! SHe realises she will now truly be psychically alone - everyone else is paired!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uche1(m): 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2007
I think Richiana may bee too strong and she will lose out to R or T. If she doesn't get rid of them now she won't have a chance in hell of the $$$$'s,

what do you think?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tommyex(m): 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2007
yes o Kweku is out,i am so happy 4 him grin

I ll wait to see how eviction goes tomorrow i just pray God confuses these couples somehow so that they don't rain down votes on our homie next time out cos she is HOH this week,
Why am I in a hurry sef,lets see this week's beef first jare!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uche1(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2007
We pray sooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (85) (Reply)

Most Handsome Nigerian Actors / Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Official Thread / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.