Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (344882 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Sugiejay: 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
@MintyChoccochip

I applied for family reunion visa 28/10/2011
Got email for appointment 18/11/2022
Appointment day 13/12/2022

Please I'd like to ask some questions. Here is my email address uneeceyomi@gmail.com please kindly send a message

Thanks a lot
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Sugiejay: 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
Adegbeanna:
Yes

Have you now been contacted by a lawyer
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Sugiejay: 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2023
Wunme:
Please has anyone who went for family reunion interview in November, 2022 heard from the embassy yet?

To think I have been so worried that I have not heard anything from the embassy. I did mine December, 2022

How about now, have u heard from them
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by TripleJ03(f): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
TripleJ03 can Someone please help me answer this question?

post=120690153:

Hello house

Please how much is visa interview fees in naira for adult and children.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2023
[quote author=TripleJ03 post=120694180][/quote]

I paid 34,500 for Adult in Jan 2023. I don’t know for children. I believe it should be the same amount. Also they requested for cash but I don’t know if they will change the policy with this new CBN policy.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by TripleJ03(f): 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
[thank you so much

quote author=UCEKE post=120694646]

I paid 34,500 for Adult in Jan 2023. I don’t know for children. I believe it should be the same amount. Also they requested for cash but I don’t know if they will change the policy with this new CBN policy.[/quote]
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
German marriage certificate? Haven't heard of that having any impact on the process though, thought people translate their certificates when they get to Germany? Besides, the lawyers do not ask for bribe when they come for verification. You only give them a token as appreciation if you feel like it. They don't ask you for it, atleast, they didn't ask me or anyone i know.

Nene2022:
Good day everyone! I’m a first timer here and I have carefully gone through this thread and would like to ask some questions!
Firstly,My husband and I just got married early last month and are already in the the process of getting our German marriage certificate because according to my husband, it’ll help Fasten the verification process when it’s time for that. Please how true is this?
Secondly My husband is at the verge of hiring a Lawyer from Germany to help fasten the process of me getting my Visa (how possible is this with the help of a Lawyer)and also just in case we encounter any trouble especially from some Nigerian Lawyers who ask for bribe during verification . Please what do you all think about this?
I’ll really appreciate answers to these questions thank you🙏

3 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 9:23am On Feb 08, 2023
Sugiejay:

To think I have been so worried that I have not heard anything from the embassy. I did mine December, 2022

How about now, have u heard from them

I had my interview October 2022…haven’t heard from the Embassy or a lawyer. The foreign office hasn’t contacted my husband yet either.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 5:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
Babbbbbbbbby:
Please has anyone who did interview in October 2022 heard from the Lawyer or the embassy?
Hello.
Have you heard from the Lawyer of the Embassy now?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Babbbbbbbbby: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
GraceIsaac09:

Hello.

No I haven't and you ?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by lmuhopeful: 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hi guys. What if my spouse does not have primary school certificate? Can she go to the embassy with only her secondary school and university certificates?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by IAD2020: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
I did not go with primary school certificate as I don't have it, but I went with an old document. Your spouse should go with an old document like baptismal card, baby vaccine card etc

lmuhopeful:
Hi guys. What if my spouse does not have primary school certificate? Can she go to the embassy with only her secondary school and university certificates?

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pseudonomer: 9:36am On Feb 16, 2023
Please what is the current waiting period for family reunion with someone with a blue card.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2023
[quote author=Fabulousaify post=120696229]German marriage certificate? Haven't heard of that having any impact on the process though, thought people translate their certificates when they get to Germany? Besides, the lawyers do not ask for bribe when they come for verification. You only give them a token as appreciation if you feel like it. They don't ask you for it, atleast, they didn't ask me or anyone i know.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 11:45am On Feb 16, 2023
IAD2020:

I did not go with primary school certificate as I don't have it, but I went with an old document. Your spouse should go with an old document like baptismal card, baby vaccine card etc

Your wife must be able to provide an evidence of primary school attendance, hence she will have to forfeit all her certificate by not submitting anything because if she does not attend primary school, she can not press forward to secondary school so if she will not be tendering her primary school certificate, she should atleast get a document to prove that she truly attended primary , she can go to ministry of education in her state, they will know what to give her and anything she is doing make sure it is legit cause of verification, they will verify every singe document you submitted

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 11:47am On Feb 16, 2023
GraceIsaac09:

I had my interview October 2022…haven’t heard from the Embassy or a lawyer. The foreign office hasn’t contacted my husband yet either.

Where is your locationare you in Lagos or close by? Those are the things that affect lawyer verification.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2023
GraceIsaac09:

Hello.

Not yet.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2023
Gracias112:

Where is your locationare you in Lagos or close by? Those are the things that affect lawyer verification.

I stay in Lagos

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Babbbbbbbbby:

No I haven't and you ?

Nothing yet
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Zluky: 12:36am On Feb 17, 2023
If you are really curious about what is going on with your application. You can contact Bundesverwaltungsamt. Applications go through them.

Send an email to zzVISABVA@bva.bund.de or call their phone number. They will need your name and passport number.

They can tell if they are awaiting physical copies of your documents or whether they are with the Ausländerbehörde already. Your spouse in Germany can take it up from there if the latter is the case.

If they don't have any info, your application has not left Lagos.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Collette(f): 3:24am On Feb 17, 2023
Can some one help me I booked for only myself last year Nov 2023..and I have two kids 12and14years old .am I suppose to book for them saperately? I thought mybooking covers both of them.pls some one should reply.so I can do the needful.thnx
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ewatominiyi(f): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Write the embassy and explain to them with the references number given to u when u booked.

quote author=Collette post=120973627]Can some one help me I booked for only myself last year Nov 2023..and I have two kids 12and14years old .am I suppose to book for them saperately? I thought mybooking covers both of them.pls some one should reply.so I can do the needful.thnx[/quote]
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jamexonline(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2023
Dear NL,

Pls, could someone recommend banks for block account opening in Germany?

I use a Volksbank and the staff I spoke with on phone said he said one cannot open a block account with them or does anyone know if they do?

Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by chidi4eze(m): 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
Collette:
Can some one help me I booked for only myself last year Nov 2023..and I have two kids 12and14years old .am I suppose to book for them saperately? I thought mybooking covers both of them.pls some one should reply.so I can do the needful.thnx
Hello!! You will have to book for each separately with their international passport numbers. This means you are booking two more appointments. After booking for both, you will then explain to the embassy in a mail with your reference number and theirs. The embassy will merge the application and invite the 3 of you at the same time for interview when it’s time. #cheers

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by witgig: 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2023
Zluky:
If you are really curious about what is going on with your application. You can contact Bundesverwaltungsamt. Applications go through them.

Send an email to zzVISABVA@bva.bund.de or call their phone number. They will need your name and passport number.

They can tell if they are awaiting physical copies of your documents or whether they are with the Ausländerbehörde already. Your spouse in Germany can take it up from there if the latter is the case.

If they don't have any info, your application has not left Lagos.

Has anyone tried this? Did you get any response?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2023
GraceIsaac09:

I stay in Lagos

You can contact them , because this verification of a thing is just somehow, some two weeks after their interview, their lawyer came , some 2 months, some more than that. Just be prayerful and have patient, your lawyer will locate you this month I believe
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
pseudonomer:
Please what is the current waiting period for family reunion with someone with a blue card.

One year after booking, I don’t know exactly after interview
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 2:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
Sugiejay:
@MintyChoccochip

I applied for family reunion visa 28/10/2011
Got email for appointment 18/11/2022
Appointment day 13/12/2022

Please I'd like to ask some questions. Here is my email address uneeceyomi@gmail.com please kindly send a message

Thanks a lot
You applied 2011? Or was that a typo error
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pseudonomer: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2023
Gracias112:

One year after booking, I don’t know exactly after interview

I thought the process is faster for blue card holders
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by dipotol: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello all, I like to ask the issue about verification fee. Is it to be paid by partner of a blue card holder as well? I have asked two people with blue card and someone’s partner paid the verification fee while the other person didn’t pay. There was no verification in both cases eventually. Any insight here pls

Also, is there anything like pre approval for family reunion?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello All,
Thought to share my update here as I’ve benefited from others here as well.
7/7/2022: My spouse(Blue Card)and I(Family Reunion) applied for an appointment/interview together. My Husband got a date immediately while I didn’t.
28/9/2022: My spouse arrived Germany on a blue card visa.
24/10/2022: My spouse wrote the German embassy in Nigeria on my behalf to appeal the 14 month waiting period for an appointment on health concerns. We waited this long so my spouse could attach exit and entry visa stamps in the email just so they know we’re no longer together in Nigeria.
25/10/2022: Embassy responded to the email saying the “embassy no longer grants priority appointments to spouses and children of researchers, blue card holders, scholars, students e.t.c
We were sad to say the least but decided to try again at a later time.
15/11/2022: My spouse reached out to the embassy again on my behalf on health grounds and they responded almost immediately with the same response as before. We were determined to try again, still.
16/11/2022: To my utter amazement, I got an appointment email from the embassy. This was after they rejected our previous appeal barely 24 hours earlier. They even gave me a date less than 2 weeks from when they responded.
29/11/2022: Went for my family reunion interview at the embassy. No hassles. Went with all my documents except 1 as my spouse was yet to get a blue card in Germany. The interviewer said my visa may take a while as I didn’t have my spouse’s blue card at the time but requested I send it once we get it.
16/12/2022: Sent my spouse’s Fiktionsbescheinigung to the embassy.
The rest of December: Waited with bated breath with no response from the embassy. Called their lines in Lagos to no avail. Was only told to wait.
18/01/2023: Got a mail from the embassy requesting my travel date.
19/01/2023: Submitted my travel documents to the embassy.
25/01/2023: Received my stamped passport.
8/02/2023: Arrived Germany.
In all, i was only separated from my spouse for 4 months as against the standard long waiting period.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my enquiries here. It’s a journey that requires a lot of patience indeed.

17 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by BigBoy123: 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
MY wife was there yesterday and she paid #17,500 for our toddler, and they collected cash, no transfer or paying in the bank. As for adults, it is now #34,500
TripleJ03:
Hello house

Please how much is visa interview fees in naira for adult and children.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (188) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.