Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (346183 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 6:53am On Nov 11, 2023
Congratulations sis.

MintyChoccochip:
Visum Alert!

After 2yrs of the journey we've finally received our visa

Book appointment- October 10 2021
Appointment mail- November 14 2022
Visa interview- December 15 2022
Lawyer visit- March 28 2023
Verification completed- July 31st and we were asked to submit new A1 certificate because the previous one expired

A1 certificate submission- October 15 2023
ABH approval- October 26 2023
Approval mail- November 2 2023
Passport was submitted the same day
Passport received- November 10 2023

I pray for good news for everyone still waiting. If your spouse over there can put pressure on them also, it helps a little bit. Send mails regularly even if they don't reply. Thanks to everyone who replied my questions and posted their experiences

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Franzzy01: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2023
Congratulations to you

MintyChoccochip:
Visum Alert!

Verification completed- July 31st and we were asked to submit new A1 certificate because the previous one expired

I pray for good news for everyone still waiting. If your spouse over there can put pressure on them also, it helps a little bit. Send mails regularly even if they don't reply. Thanks to everyone who replied my questions and posted their experiences

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Tessajohn820(f): 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
Pls can one book appointment before marriage just like students do in order to reduce waiting time.like you want to get married in 2025 but book the appointment in 2024.will it play a role
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Abiodun397: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
You want to know if his scholarship covers for the language requirement request?

kingsoncj:
Hello fam,

I had my interview 4 days ago at the German embassy, Lagos. I just received an email now requesting for A1 certificate. My husband is a daad scholar Germany.. anyone with this experience?

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Abiodun397: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
For those who need a guaranteed private tutor to prepare you well for the A1 exams online. Dm my WhatsApp

0-9-0-3-2-4-5-8-3-2-2

Ich freue mich und warte auf dich.

Peters09:
A1 Zertifikat exam result is out for those who sat for it.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Liza214: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate this group so much! I have been in the corners reading up, and now I have a question. My husband is a blue card holder, and I want to ask if the visa and verification fee can be paid via my atm card or bank transfer so I don't have to take cash with me.

Please, those who have gone for the interview can help as mine comes up in the last week of November. Also, how many months after the interview should I expect the process to be complete? It has been too long
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ayinke93(f): 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2023
Liza214:
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate this group so much! I have been in the corners reading up, and now I have a question. My husband is a blue card holder, and I want to ask if the visa and verification fee can be paid via my atm card or bank transfer so I don't have to take cash with me.

Please, those who have gone for the interview can help as mine comes up in the last week of November. Also, how many months after the interview should I expect the process to be complete? It has been too long

Sorry for answering your question with another question, but was there no way to hasten your appointment with your husband's blue card?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Blackforester: 12:26am On Nov 13, 2023
Hello,

German Embassy only takes cash. Prepare a lot of money on hand (maybe around 70,000NGN due to the exchange rate).

Liza214:
Hello Everyone,

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Abiodun397: 6:54am On Nov 13, 2023
Congratulations to y'all!

Here is a private online German A1 Tutor incase your husband needs a hand with the language.

Chat: +234-9032458322

TripleJ03:
Applied for family reunion visa on the 31st of December 2021 for my hubby and 3 kids.
13th January 2023 got mail for appointment date
9th February visa interview.
The V.O was so nice to my boys she even bought sweets and chocolate for them so that they can sit in one place. Note their interview was scheduled for 7am but they were at the embassy till past 2pm.
Got a mail that I should add 1500€ to the 14,100€ I blocked in my account.
Added the money same day and sent a mail to the embassy
No message from the embassy for 4 months so i decided to mail them.
June 16th a lawyer called my hubby that he was coming for verification
Lawyer started verification from Abuja on the 20th of June from my children’s former school, hospital etc
No news again from the embassy about the visa.
September 22nd I contacted the international office responsible for international students in my school contacted my faculty dean. Both wrote a mail to ABH they said they were waiting for my embassy.
Note during this period of waiting I feel sick with depression started therapy and I was advised by my doctor to take a semester off school because I couldn’t cope again. I wanted to travel back home but I knew I will never return back to Germany without my kids. My mom kept praying for me and encouraging me not to return.
The student International office contacted the embassy and the embassy said they needed a power of attorney from me so that they can act on my behalf.
I sent the letter immediately.
September another lawyer called my husband that he was looking for his church were he did his baptism.
October 12th the studentenwerk sent me a mail to vacate my apartment if my family does not arrive Germany before the end of October that other families too needs the accommodation and I was leaving alone for 1 year.
I forwarded the message to the student international office, the embassy and the ABH stating my frustration. ABH replied immediately that they are also waiting for the embassy.

The embassy replied us that we should give them one week that the lawyer would submit his report on a Wednesday
18th October verification completed
My hubby was asked to resubmit a spinsterhood affidavit and declaration of age because he signed it him self so the signature was different from his father’s own.

And my son was asked to submit any other document to show his year of birth because his news school wrote 2018 in their class register instead of 2019. Thank Hod I had his immunization card with me in Germany I send an express courier through Dhl on Friday evening by 520pm it got to Nigeria Saturday morning 9.15am and was delivered to the embassy on Monday morning.
Embassy informed me that my children’s visas were approved and has been sent to the alien office I should write them the expiate action. I wrote the ABH stating the urgency because of my accommodation..
25th October got an email from the embassy to send travel health insurance and date of travel.
Send it same day. Note I sent my children’s passport ahead without been asked
26th my hubby got a call from the embassy to come and collect the children’s passport or send someone since they can see that the kids will travel by weekend
I sent my cousin she arrived the embassy at 1pm she was not attended to because she was late. Collection closes by 12pm according to them
Next morning been 27th she went back but the Almighty at the gate said they don’t give passports with hand. This was 3 mins to 12 and by 12pm they stop picking calls at the embassy. I quickly called my husband to call the embassy luckily he was able to speak with them and she was given the passport.

Straight to the airport she sent the passports to Abuja and we collected it after 2 hours.
Kids traveled to Germany 28th October to the glory of God.

Note my husband’s visa is still pending because he was asked to submit A1
……

God uses some situation to bless you in disguise. It was a neighbour that reported that I have been leaving alone for the past one year while other families are looking for accommodation. I guessed they noticed because I am the alone black there. In all I give praise to God, the fight was not an easy one but God gave me victory.

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Liza214: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2023
Not at all! We tried everything but they didn't speed it up

Ayinke93:

Sorry for answering your question with another question, but was there no way to hasten your appointment with your husband's blue card?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Liza214: 11:26am On Nov 13, 2023
Thank you very much for the response. I am applying with my daughter, so I will probably hold 150,000 in my hand to be safe. What worries me is the verification money. I hear blue card holders do not pay for verification but I'm not sure how true this is.

Any experienced hands here?

Blackforester:
Hello,

German Embassy only takes cash. Prepare a lot of money on hand (maybe around 70,000NGN due to the exchange rate).

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oby94(f): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
Good day all...

Please I need a detailed procedure or requirements on how to invite my mother to visit Germany.... to stay for a month or 2.. (reason is for ọmụgwọ) but I'm confused... I have looked for a thread relating to this but found none.
I'll appreciate if you reply 🙏 🙏 🙏 thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2023
MintyChoccochip:
Visum Alert!

Congratulations sis 👏

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 11:23am On Nov 14, 2023
VERASONDUBABE:
Thanks ma'am, nothing yet I believe God will put smile on our faces soon.

How is it going sis? Any word yet? Omor this waiting is real .😰
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Blessingudofia: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2023
kingsoncj:
Is A1 certificate necessary for spouse's of daad scholarship holders? Please can anyone with recent experience answer this? Thanks 🙏🏿

Yes dear I was asked to submit mine one year after my interview, you are lucky they are requesting for it early from you.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 11:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Tessajohn820:
Pls can one book appointment before marriage just like students do in order to reduce waiting time.like you want to get married in 2025 but book the appointment in 2024.will it play a role

Yes dear, go ahead and book your appointment so that the waiting time will start counting don’t wait until you get married before you book oo, book the appointment now, the earlier the better
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 2:48am On Nov 15, 2023
Liza214:

Thank you very much for the response. I am applying with my daughter, so I will probably hold 150,000 in my hand to be safe. What worries me is the verification money. I hear blue card holders do not pay for verification but I'm not sure how true this is.

Any experienced hands here?

It is true, blue card holders don’t pay for verification

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2023
Oby94:
Good day all...

Please I need a detailed procedure or requirements on how to invite my mother to visit Germany.... to stay for a month or 2.. (reason is for ọmụgwọ) but I'm confused... I have looked for a thread relating to this but found none.
I'll appreciate if you reply 🙏 🙏 🙏 thanks.

https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/-/2566452
Read very carefully.

I will advise you also book an appointment date ahead while you work on the documents. 12am any day on the German Embassy page (short term visa) and have their passport data page by you to fill in details.

Usually, you get a date 2 weeks ahead.

The most important documents from your end(MY OPINION) is the VERPFLICHTUNGERKLARUNG (declaration of commitment). You have to get it from your city's Ausländerbehorde, they request your rental contract, your 3 months pay slip and the passport data pages of the person you are inviting.

This document shows you can afford and will be responsible for her stay, accomodation and living expenses.

Just read that link carefully. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nothing yet dear, the waiting and silent is draining but our God over all dear
FrauPosh:

How is it going sis? Any word yet? Omor this waiting is real .😰
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ProbablyLost: 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
Hello everyone, I recently learned about Category A (student visa) for Germany studies. Fortunately, I fall into this category.
I am however weary of the (terribly) long waiting period for Visa application. Any advice/tips
I plan on joining for summer studies, picked up a little German too.

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pseudonomer: 8:30am On Nov 16, 2023
ProbablyLost:
Hello everyone, I recently learned about Category A (student visa) for Germany studies. Fortunately, I fall into this category.
I am however weary of the (terribly) long waiting period for Visa application. Any advice/tips
I plan on joining for summer studies, picked up a little German too.

Thanks in anticipation!

If you fall into category A, the waiting time is less than 3 months, even within a month, you should get an appointment.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Blackforester: 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hello,

Thank you for this response.

I have some follow-up questions.

1. Will an original copy of the "VERPFLICHTUNGERKLARUNG" be required in the Embassy or a scanned PDF will do?
2. Will the person applying for the VISA still be required to submit her bank account statements or not?

Thank you.

Biggybee:

https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/-/2566452
Read very carefully.

I will advise you also book an appointment date ahead while you work on the documents. 12am any day on the German Embassy page (short term visa) and have their passport data page by you to fill in details.

Usually, you get a date 2 weeks ahead.

The most important documents from your end(MY OPINION) is the VERPFLICHTUNGERKLARUNG (declaration of commitment). You have to get it from your city's Ausländerbehorde, they request your rental contract, your 3 months pay slip and the passport data pages of the person you are inviting.

This document shows you can afford and will be responsible for her stay, accomodation and living expenses.

Just read that link carefully. Good luck.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Harssh: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
1. Yes, u need to send her original VERPFLICHTUNGERKLARUNG because the embassy needs original.
2. I don’t think she needs her bank statement. But ask people who used same process before may be that will help.

[quote author=Blackforester post=126998691]Hello,

Thank you for this response.

I have some follow-up questions.

1. Will an original copy of the "VERPFLICHTUNGERKLARUNG" be required in the Embassy or a scanned PDF will do?
2. Will the person applying for the VISA still be required to submit her bank account statements or not?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ProbablyLost: 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2023
pseudonomer:

If you fall into category A, the waiting time is less than 3 months, even within a month, you should get an appointment.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Can you tell me a bit about Health insurance.
I came across it in all my apps
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2023
Harssh:
1. Yes, u need to send her original VERPFLICHTUNGERKLARUNG because the embassy needs original.
2. I don’t think she needs her bank statement. But ask people who used same process before may be that will help.

1.) Yes, the original. You can send through DHL to Nigeria after you get it.

2.) yes, bank statement is still required. It doesn't need to have any huge amount in it since you are bearing full responsibility for the travel.

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Annie2059: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2023
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gabrielclint(m): 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2023
So my phenomenal wife got her visa today. Below is the time line.

Visa application date :June 19 2022

Visa interview email: August 12 2023

Visa interview: Sept 07. 2023

ABH document request: 3rd November 2023

Submitted all documents on Monday 6. 11. 2023

Wife got approval mail : 8.11.2023

Sent all documents to the embassy on 10.11.2023

Today 17.11.2023, her documents with her visa was sent to her.

All thanks to God.
NB: I have EU blue card.

8 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2023
congratulation Germanie Family

Gabrielclint:

All thanks to God.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 8:12am On Nov 18, 2023
Congratulations 🎊
Gabrielclint:

All thanks to God.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 8:31am On Nov 18, 2023
Congratulations 👏

Gabrielclint:

All thanks to God.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Size07: 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=Richykings post=125646051

Congratulations 🎉[/quote]

Greetings everyone, is there anyone who ever had an inconclusive report and what was the next step regarding to that, I am asking for a friend.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nwigwemark: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
Congratulations to her. That was very fast. I am sure there was no verification.

Gabrielclint:

All thanks to God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.