Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (345723 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
Hi House, my wife and baby finally joined me in Germany yesterday. Here is our timeline:
I booked a family reunion appointment on June 28th, 2022, thinking that once I arrived in Germany and obtained a Blue Card, the embassy would be compassionate (knowing my wife was pregnant) and fast-track her appointment, but this did not happen.
In November, we decided to try our luck by booking another appointment for her under the Skilled Immigration Act visa category. She went for the appointment but was turned away by Mr. [you know who].
I made several attempts to see if her appointment could be fast-tracked, but the embassy told me point-blank that it was not going to happen. We accepted our fate and decided to wait. After my wife gave birth, we got our little guy his passport and emailed the embassy. They confirmed that they had added him to my wife's appointment.
On August 28th, 2023, my wife and baby finally got an appointment for September 20th, 2023.
oOn October 23rd, I received an email from ABH asking me to submit documents (prior to this, I had called BVA to inquire about the stage of my family's application).
I submitted the documents via email two days later, on October 25th. The next day, October 26th, I received a response saying they had agreed to issue my family's visa and that it was now up to the embassy in Nigeria to approve it (I forwarded this email to the embassy in Nigeria).
On October 31st, the embassy in Nigeria asked us to submit passports and a travel date. They did this the next day and received their stamped visas on November 6th.

I noticed post-appointment, our timeline was a bit fast, this is because lawyer verification was skipped since I am on blue card, Also, I was asked to submit documents via email, if it were to be through post, it could have take an extra week or two for the document submission request mail to get to me and maybe another one or two weeks for them to receive back the documents. It also seems that the office responsible for my application is a bit fast, I think this is because I stay in the outskirt of Berlin and maybe they don’t get much application or they don’t have much workload there.

I hope and pray that everyone waiting on this journey receives good news soon because it is not easy.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2023
Congratulations to you and yours. Please which state in Germany is yours?

Codedboy95:
Hi House, my wife and baby finally joined me in Germany yesterday. Here is our timeline:
I booked a family reunion appointment on June 28th, 2022, thinking that once I arrived in Germany and obtained a Blue Card, the embassy would be compassionate (knowing my wife was pregnant) and fast-track her appointment, but this did not happen.
In November, we decided to try our luck by booking another appointment for her under the Skilled Immigration Act visa category. She went for the appointment but was turned away by Mr. [you know who].
I made several attempts to see if her appointment could be fast-tracked, but the embassy told me point-blank that it was not going to happen. We accepted our fate and decided to wait. After my wife gave birth, we got our little guy his passport and emailed the embassy. They confirmed that they had added him to my wife's appointment.
On August 28th, 2023, my wife and baby finally got an appointment for September 20th, 2023.
oOn October 23rd, I received an email from ABH asking me to submit documents (prior to this, I had called BVA to inquire about the stage of my family's application).
I submitted the documents via email two days later, on October 25th. The next day, October 26th, I received a response saying they had agreed to issue my family's visa and that it was now up to the embassy in Nigeria to approve it (I forwarded this email to the embassy in Nigeria).
On October 31st, the embassy in Nigeria asked us to submit passports and a travel date. They did this the next day and received their stamped visas on November 6th.

I noticed post-appointment, our timeline was a bit fast, this is because lawyer verification was skipped since I am on blue card, Also, I was asked to submit documents via email, if it were to be through post, it could have take an extra week or two for the document submission request mail to get to me and maybe another one or two weeks for them to receive back the documents. It also seems that the office responsible for my application is a bit fast, I think this is because I stay in the outskirt of Berlin and maybe they don’t get much application or they don’t have much workload there.

I hope and pray that everyone waiting on this journey receives good news soon because it is not easy.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 4:16am On Nov 20, 2023
Mopricelezz:
Congratulations to you and yours. Please which state in Germany is yours?

Berlin Brandenburg (close to the airport)
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 10:49am On Nov 20, 2023
Amen, congratulations 🎊
Codedboy95:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Optimisticprim: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2023
Congratulations 🎊. I am happy for you, I can imagine the joy. Looking forward to my baby meeting her father in person too. Please can you release the BAV number you dialed?
Codedboy95:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2023
[quote author=Optimisticprim post=127071721]Congratulations 🎊. I am happy for you, I can imagine the joy. Looking forward to my baby meeting her father in person too. Please can you release the BAV number you dialed?

[/quo
Our heart's desire will be granted soon sis .Have you been visited by your lawyer?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Optimisticprim: 3:08am On Nov 21, 2023
Hmmm! No! And it's been 10 months after interview.
[quote author=FrauPosh post=127075403][/quote]
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 9:31am On Nov 21, 2023
Optimisticprim:
Hmmm! No! And it's been 10 months after interview.

Hopefully they will visit you this month. Mine was 10 months too. I had my interview in January 2023 but I was visited at the end of October 2023.
I know it isn't easy for you but you will hear from your lawyer soon. Cyberhugs.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Akby(m): 11:15am On Nov 21, 2023
See as good news dey choke everywhere grin

Who dey zuzu cool
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
UCEKE:

I was expecting lawyer visitation but I never saw any rather they started contacting my spouse for documents. There was no reason for no lawyer visitation.

Hello, sir. Is your spouse on a skilled worker residence permit?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mavor: 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
Guys and Ladies good afternoon. Please I need your advise. I have a job offer from a global company in Frankfurt. They want me to resume latest early Feb. I reached out to the German consulate in Lagos concerning the timelines for a work visa appointment and I got a response saying it is over a year backlog. I am confused cos obviously if I can't get a work visa on time, the job offer will be rescinded. Please what do I do? Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Blackforester: 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
Hello,
Ask your company if you can apply for the Skilled Work VISA (see https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/-/2568976), you will need some documents from your employer in Germany. It takes a few weeks to get the appointment. I really don't have much information. Also see, https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_category.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=347&categoryId=1986.

Thank you.

Mavor:
Guys and Ladies good afternoon. Please I need your advise. I have a job offer from a global company in Frankfurt. They want me to resume latest early Feb. I reached out to the German consulate in Lagos concerning the timelines for a work visa appointment and I got a response saying it is over a year backlog. I am confused cos obviously if I can't get a work visa on time, the job offer will be rescinded. Please what do I do? Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mavor: 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
Blackforester:
Hello,
Ask your company if you can apply for the Skilled Work VISA (see https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/-/2568976), you will need some documents from your employer in Germany. It takes a few weeks to get the appointment. I really don't have much information. Also see, https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_category.do?locationCode=lago&realmId=347&categoryId=1986.

Thank you.

Thank you for the feedback. Will look into this immediately.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Optimisticprim: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
FrauPosh:

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate them.

Hopefully they will visit you this month. Mine was 10 months too. I had my interview in January 2023 but I was visited at the end of October 2023.
I know it isn't easy for you but you will hear from your lawyer soon. Cyberhugs.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Abiodun397: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2023
There’s currently discount learning with Herr Yusuf.

DO NOT MISS OUT!!
LEARN GERMAN!!!

Abiodun397:
You want to know if his scholarship covers for the language requirement request?

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Rachie83: 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2023
Codedboy95:

Congratulations sir, is there a way you can put me through on how to get German visa? I wish to help my elder sister, although I live in the US. Thank you sir
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Rachie83: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2023
Mopricelezz:
Congratulations sis.

Congratulations sir, I pray for everyone in this direction too. Can you put me through how one can get such a visa? Asking for a friend and elder sister. Thank you sir
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by blovesther(f): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
Blackforester:
Hello,

Thank you.

Good afternoon.
Please, do you know what could delay a pre approval letter from Germany?
My husband was supposed to travel to Germany this month as skilled worker, the company submitted his letter for approval since September and they haven't released the letter till now .
Please do you know anything we or someone in Germany can do to fasten the approval letter?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Abiodun397: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
Join this online German Class and start learning from the comfort of your home.

LEARN GERMAN!!!

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
Optimisticprim:
Congratulations 🎊. I am happy for you, I can imagine the joy. Looking forward to my baby meeting her father in person too. Please can you release the BAV number you dialed?

thank you, yours is coming soon. here is the number +49 221 75850858

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Optimisticprim: 12:23am On Nov 25, 2023
Amen. Thanks a lot for your response.

Codedboy95:
thank you, yours is coming soon. here is the number +49 221 75850858
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 10:27am On Nov 27, 2023
dobeespen:
Hi Everyone,

I had been observing from afar for about 6 months now and just reading comments so that I could know what to expect for my husband's visa process. Here's a timeline of how my husband's visa application process went:

September 2021: Applied for appointment date (he was just my fiance then so you don't have to wait till you're married to book for a date as I read recently)
October 2022: Got interview date
November 2022: Had interview. Interviewer told him that the verification and A1 certificate is not necessary. i think this is because at the time my application to transition from student visa to blue card was still pending and he mentioned to them that I had applied for a blue card. The interviewer told him to bring back older pictures of us LOL, which he also submitted in November.

We didn't hear anything from either embassy or ABH between November and February. I wrote ABH in February to ask for a status update and they said I had to wait for my resident permit to be issued before they can continue with my husband's application. In the meantime, the salary requirement for blue card increased in 2023 and I had to switch from a blue card application to a resident permit for employment purposes.

March 14, 2023: Had interview to change my resident status from student to worker. I was told they will not process my husband's visa until I have physically picked up the permit, which took another 6 weeks.

April 26, 2023: Picked up resident permit

May 4: Got a letter from the ABH that some documents were not properly filled. So I filled them correctly and sent it back that same May 4.

After a week later, I called the embassy and asked for an update since i did not hear anything from the ABH. They said I have to wait and the lady I spoke to wasn't very nice anyway. i sent an email as well after my call asking for an update.

May 16: Got the email to submit passport, travel insurance and travel dates.

May 18: Submitted all documents.

May 26: Got passport back with visa and all documents.

His travel date is not until August since we only had the legal wedding last year, so we plan to do the church wedding before we both leave for Germany. All we had to do was submit travel insurance and ticket itinerary and made sure they matched, and they issued his visa to commence on his exact day of exit from Nigeria.

Gosh the whole anxiety concerning this process is something else, I was the one with the anxiety and my husband was chill the whole time LOL.I pray everyone who is waiting will be granted their visa cause this thing is not easy.

Hi there, I am following this same route - and I just wanted to be sure If my wife needs to do a name change on her passport before the appointment
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Chukdobz20:
Please share links to apply for IT jobs in English in Germany.

Or anyone willing to assist me on how to secure job in Germany. I'm currently residing in another EU country and willing to relocate to Germany.

Thanks.

Hello whats your update. Just seeing this. Do you still need help?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2023
JahBwoy:

Hi there, I am following this same route - and I just wanted to be sure If my wife needs to do a name change on her passport before the appointment

It's all depends on the Ausländer Behörde and the Visa officer.

If there are clear doubts, they would ask her to change the name. In most cases for newly wedded.

But like I said, depends on the Ausländer Behörde and visa officer.

Just wait if they ask you to do so.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 11:50am On Nov 28, 2023
Liza214:
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate this group so much! I have been in the corners reading up, and now I have a question. My husband is a blue card holder, and I want to ask if the visa and verification fee can be paid via my atm card or bank transfer so I don't have to take cash with me.

It has been too long

For EU Blue card, normally the verification fee is waived in Nigeria.

And if the EU Blue card is an old one, like a year. Then it's also fast

But if the EU Blue card user is still in probation, Then expect a longer wait

The process is really fast after the interview, although depends on the city.

But still you would need to pay for the verification fee of the marriage later in Germany.

It's cost around 650 Euro.

So the EU Blue card only helps in fastening the process, but still sooner or later they must send a lawyer to verify it again while you are in Germany
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeolabilkis002: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
JahBwoy:

Please I also need help on getting a Data/Business Analyst job in Germany although I am in Nigeria. I am also working towards perfecting my machine learning skills just so I can include it in my portfolio. Thank you.

My contact is adeolabilkis002@gmail.com
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeolabilkis002: 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hello house, in trying to get job offers (Data/Business Analyst )in Germany, I believe I need to write A1 and A2 exam right? If yes, where will I write it in Lagos and how much does it cost.

Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
JahBwoy:

If she changes the name before her appointment it good and if she doesn’t , it will not affect her but the only thing is that after everything is done before her visa is issued she might be ask to do that so if she got the opportunity before her interview she can proceed to do the change of name cos the earlier the better
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Chukdobz20: 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
JahBwoy:

yes i still need help, can you assist me with info?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DC49: 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hello everyone. I applied for ZAB degree evaluation early this month and hope to start the job search by February when the recognition document comes in.

I want to get insights from those who have previously gone through the job search and work visa process. Sorry I've gone through the thread, but most of the recent posts are on family reunions.

Some of my questions are:
- What is the current job market like for IT workers? I have about 4 years of experience in backend development working primarily with Python and Rust, along with some open-source contributions. What are my chances? German knowledge is currently at A1, but I hope to complete an A2 course before February.

- How long is the current wait time for Blue card applications?

- Anything else one should take note of.

Also, if I can get an internal referral from anyone working there, I'd really appreciate it.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by HAMSAL9JA: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good evening everyone, I'm new here and I would like to know more about Germany work visa. I am a furniture by profession and I would like to migrate to Germany asap. I am also an hnd holder in marketing. Please I would appreciate if anyone can put Me through the procedure.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by kingsoncj: 11:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
Any DAAD scholar who's spouse recently joined to Germany? Please what's the timeline? My husband is a Daad scholar in Germany, I recently went for my visa interview last month, but surprisingly, I was asked to submit an A1 language certificate (verification and visa fee was waived). Please anyone with this experience?

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.