Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (345866 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nikdam: 11:52am On Dec 26, 2023
Mopricelezz:

Questions like:

When last did he or she see his or her dad or mum..
Does he or she send upkeep..
Where he or she stays in Germany...
What he or she does....

Basically questions about your spouse.
Just prepare your child. They may or may not ask the child any question. Depending on the child's age and V.O.

All the best!

Thanks so much for the response.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by justt: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2023
nwigwemark:

Merry Christmas to everyone

Please how did you get this information about the waiting period before 18 months?

I applied for a family reunion visa in November 2022, and I am hoping they call us very soon.

The information was from the embassy. I got similar email like the one posted by blackforester. Interesting, my wife also applied in November.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nwigwemark: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2023
Thank you for your response. I am just feeling pained. But what can I do

Blackforester:
The message below was received on October 30, 2023 (bold emphasizes mine).

xxxxxx
Dear Applicant.

We are sorry but the waiting time for an appointment in her category is over one and a halve year now.

It is not possible at this moment to give a more precise prediction.

The reasons are the number of registrations and the shortage of staff.

I regret not being able to give you a better answer.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

Consulate-General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos   

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nwigwemark: 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2023
justt:

The information was from the embassy. I got similar email like the one posted by blackforester. Interesting, my wife also applied in November.

Thank you bro for your response. This is not a good one for me

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
Hi everyone, so is it confirmed that the waiting period for family reunion is now 1 year and six months. I'm on a blue card and we applied since march 2023.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by gofaik(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01
Dear Nairalanders, my wife got to Germany on 25th December 2023.

Below is how the process went for us:

28th June, 2022 - Applied online for an appointment

25th August 2023 - We got an email from the embassy, informing us of her Visa appointment.

19th September 2023 - Family Reunion Visa Appointment

13th October 2023 - I got an email from the Immigration office in Germany to submit my documents

30th November, 2023 - I submitted all the documents

1st December 2023 - Got an update from the Immigration office that their response has been sent to the embassy in Nigeria

4th December: She got the Approval mail and was asked to send her passport and travel insurance

5th December 2023 - She sent her passport and travel insurance

13th December 2023 - Got her passport back.

24th December 2023 - She left Nigeria and arrived Germany on the 25th.

We paid for verification, but none was done, and we're yet to get a refund. I got my Blue Card after her appointment but before I submitted all my documents. For those still waiting for theirs, I hope everything go well for you.

Happy new year 🙂

8 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 1:01pm On Jan 01
Congratulations to her
gofaik:

25th August 2023 - We got an email from the embassy, informing us of her Visa appointment.

13th October 2023 - I got an email from the Immigration office in Germany to submit my documents

1st December 2023 - Got an update from the Immigration office that their response has been sent to the embassy in Nigeria

4th December: She got the Approval mail and was asked to send her passport and travel insurance

We paid for verification, but none was done, and we're yet to get a refund. I got my Blue Card after her appointment but before I submitted all my documents. For those still waiting for theirs, I hope everything go well for you.

Happy new year 🙂
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nwigwemark: 3:36pm On Jan 01
Congratulations. The process was very fast for you.

gofaik:

Happy new year 🙂
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 8:43pm On Jan 01
Congratulations
gofaik:

Happy new year 🙂
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Khenniefashion: 2:55am On Jan 03
ayonimofemi:
amen ooo thanks sis

Pls I need an advice , my German family reunion visa was rejected on the 6th of December 2023. But I just received the letter yesterday 2nd of January by DHL . The reason for denial was clearly stated that my husband was contacted several times to submit some documents but he did not respond meanwhile he claimed that he didn’t receive any mail or request from them . What can I do? How can I go for remonstration or appeal?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by chidi4eze(m): 11:57am On Jan 03
Khenniefashion:

Pls I need an advice , my German family reunion visa was rejected on the 6th of December 2023. But I just received the letter yesterday 2nd of January by DHL . The reason for denial was clearly stated that my husband was contacted several times to submit some documents but he did not respond meanwhile he claimed that he didn’t receive any mail or request from them . What can I do? How can I go for remonstration or appeal?

Hello!! So sorry to hear what just happened. The delay in receiving the letter should be the fault of DHL but that shouldn’t bother you because you have enough time to appeal.

First, your husband should goto his ABH office and find out if they actually communicated him and present the case or reasons why he didn’t get the massages. If your husband can get this information, gather it and attach proofs; then appeal the decision of the embassy.

However, appeal process takes time but with proofs (documented proofs) and convincing explanation it works.

Using an immigration lawyer at this point will also help.

All the best!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Didibk: 4:17pm On Jan 03
Hello everyone. Please I need clarity on some documents needed by the embassy.

1. Affidavit from parent or head of the family on the Applicant's marital status (declaration of spinsterhood). Does this mean that my father has to get this in court or he just need to write a short letter stating what exactly? Is it the normal spinsterhood affidavit but instead it is written and signed by my father?

2. Informal written consent of the parent living in Germany for the child to join. In my case, I am the one married to a German so technically, I am the main applicant. I have custody from a magistrate court for my child from a previous relationship and my child is coming with me. Am I the one that should write a consent letter or my husband in Germany?

3. Affidavit "declaration of age" deposed to by one of the parents. Should this be a court document like question 1? What do they mean by "deposed to by one of the parents" please?

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 5:07pm On Jan 03
Didibk:
Hello everyone. Please I need clarity on some documents needed by the embassy.

1. Affidavit from parent or head of the family on the Applicant's marital status (declaration of spinsterhood). Does this mean that my father has to get this in court or he just need to write a short letter stating what exactly? Is it the normal spinsterhood affidavit but instead it is written and signed by my father?

2. Informal written consent of the parent living in Germany for the child to join. In my case, I am the one married to a German so technically, I am the main applicant. I have custody from a magistrate court for my child from a previous relationship and my child is coming with me. Am I the one that should write a consent letter or my husband in Germany?

3. Affidavit "declaration of age" deposed to by one of the parents. Should this be a court document like question 1? What do they mean by "deposed to by one of the parents" please?

1. Your dad or mum has to go to the court to swear the Affidavit of Spinsterhood. Has to be done by either of your parents and at the court, stating that you were not married to anyone before you got married to your spouse.

2. I sincerely have no idea how to go about this, the letter has to be written by your spouse in Germany but since he isn't the child's father, I am not sure how to go about it..
.. I hope others can help with this

3. This also has to also be sworn at the court declaring your age and when you were born, it has to also be done by either of your parents.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nikdam: 10:20am On Jan 07
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nikdam: 10:26am On Jan 07
[quote author=Mopricelezz post=127762484]

2. I sincerely have no idea how to go about this, the letter has to be written by your spouse in Germany but since he isn't the child's father, I am not sure how to go about it..
.. I hope others can help with this

For Nø 2, I believe since you have the sole custody of the child, then you don't need the father's consent but you have to go to the embassy along with the court order granting you the right of custody.

Also, since you are going to meet your new hubby in Germany, I will suggest that he sends you a consent letter as well that the kid can join him in Germany as the stepfather (this is to be on a safer side in case the embassy asks for it)

Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nikkyra: 6:02pm On Jan 07
[quote author=nikdam post=127819649][/quote]
Please, I want to ask must one write A1 for family reunion and please what kind of question are you asked during visa interview
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nikdam: 7:12am On Jan 11
nikkyra:

Please, I want to ask must one write A1 for family reunion and please what kind of question are you asked during visa interview

Sorry for late response.
I'm not sure how to answer your question, cos some people said they requested for A1 from them while they don't from some.
Perhaps someone can help with a good answer.

Not yet gone for the appointment yet
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 12:32pm On Jan 11
nikkyra:

It depends on the kind of residence permit that your spouse has. I know that for spouses of EU Blue card holders, they do not request A1 from them.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ademolla3506(m): 12:32pm On Jan 11
If you tired of waiting and you interested in trying other country... I have the plug for benin

You can get your visa done in benin.... all you need is the benin resident permit

Altho, you still have to wait for 6 month before application.. it can't be back dates

Pls call 09133912264
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Khenniefashion: 10:02am On Jan 12
Babbbbbbbbby:

Wow, why is yours taking so long. You did interview since March 2022 and this is june 2023,more than 1year after interview God abeg oo🙏 Contact the or rather disturb the embassy and let your spouse also contact ABH and that other office,I can't remember their name. That's a long time. Did you do verification and if yes has it been completed?
. Yes I did verification and it has been completed , I was told my verification and that of my sun is successful
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Khenniefashion: 10:11am On Jan 12
VERASONDUBABE:
Congratulations to her
. My visa process was going smoothly not until my husband missed the mail requesting him to submit some documents. And he is saying he didn’t get any mail from them . I got rejected . Now I am appealing . I just don’t know how long the appeal process takes and I don’t know if they respond to it 😭
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 12:29pm On Jan 12
So sorry dear I feel your pain, I think is better to involve lawyer, he will know the law that backs your application up, this journey is really draining both physical emotional and mental health.

Me I have been waiting for approval for over a year plus now and yet nothing, just tired of the whole process.
ABH should go and collect award of wickedness from the devil they really scored 100% there.
Khenniefashion:
. My visa process was going smoothly not until my husband missed the mail requesting him to submit some documents. And he is saying he didn’t get any mail from them . I got rejected . Now I am appealing . I just don’t know how long the appeal process takes and I don’t know if they respond to it 😭
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by xty0205: 10:16pm On Jan 14
VERASONDUBABE:
So sorry dear I feel your pain, I think is better to involve lawyer, he will know the law that backs your application up, this journey is really draining both physical emotional and mental health.

Me I have been waiting for approval for over a year plus now and yet nothing, just tired of the whole process.
ABH should go and collect award of wickedness from the devil they really scored 100% there.
so sorry about that dear
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by xty0205: 10:18pm On Jan 14
plzz can anyone give me info about work visa process?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Khenniefashion: 7:20am On Jan 15
VERASONDUBABE:

. Thank collect German visa is really draining 😩
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Khenniefashion: 7:21am On Jan 15
Khenniefashion:
. To collect German visa is really draining 😩
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Pippidelina: 3:57pm On Jan 15
Dear All,

Happy New Year!

Please has anyone used the new Online Portal to apply for the German EU Blue Card visa?
If anyone has, what was the experience like.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Martins00(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18
Visa Alert!

• 22nd February 2022: Application for the interview/application appointment
• 10th March 2023: Appointment Email Confirmation for April
• 6th April 2023: Interview Date/ Visa application submission.
- Submission of required documents including A1 language certificate
• 14th June 2023: Visitation of document verification officer
• 9th November 2023: Document verification notification
• 7th December: The immigration authority (Die Ausländerbehörde) requested for 2 documents.
- Copy of passport data page / ID (Ausweis)
- Informal signed declaration to start a family with the applicant, my wife.
• 5th January 2024: Embassy requests for passport and travel insurance submission via email.
• 11th January 2024: Submits passport and travel insurance to embassy.
• 15th January 2024: Passport with visa received via courier service.

Here are my tips for those currently at the brink of applying:

1. For spouses living in Germany, you can expedite the process by applying for "Nachbeurkundung" at your local Standesamt and submitting the required documents for verification. They have the capacity to kick-start the verification in parallel. This can be done while your spouse in Nigeria awaits the appointment date for the visa application submission.

2. The timing of attending the A1 German language course at Goethe Institute is crucial. It's advisable to aim for complet-ing the A1 certificate a few weeks after you submit your visa application at the embassy.

Good luck to you all!

4 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 3:29pm On Jan 18
Congratulations. My Deutschland favour you and yours

Martins00:
Visa Alert!

• 7th December: The immigration authority (Die Ausländerbehörde) requested for 2 documents.
• 5th January 2024: Embassy requests for passport and travel insurance submission via email.

1. For spouses living in Germany, you can expedite the process by applying for "Nachbeurkundung" at your local Standesamt and submitting the required documents for verification. They have the capacity to kick-start the verification in parallel. This can be done while your spouse in Nigeria awaits the appointment date for the visa application submission.

2. The timing of attending the A1 German language course at Goethe Institute is crucial. It's advisable to aim for complet-ing the A1 certificate a few weeks after you submit your visa application at the embassy.

Good luck to you all!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Optimisticprim: 9:36pm On Jan 18
Martins00:
Visa Alert!

Good luck to you all!

Congratulations 💃💃💃

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Optimisticprim: 9:38pm On Jan 18
[quote author=FrauPosh post=127083551]

@ FrauPosh, how far now?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 10:49pm On Jan 18
[quote author=Optimisticprim post=128010519][/quote]

Omor nothing o.But we are hopeful.Thanks Optimisticprim for your concern. How is yours going too ? The matter tire me so I just chill dey look.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.