Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (345186 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Didibk: 3:29pm On Mar 07
That's it o. If i knew it was going to take this long, i would have applied to go get married over there like someone whose comment is on this thread. It’s a similar process. The difference is that the process is the reverse.
heeedreeez:

This is really serious. So if you add up the lawyer visitation time, that is over two years of waiting for family reunion visa
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 5:29pm On Mar 07
[quote author=FrauPosh post=128819658][/quote]
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 5:30pm On Mar 07
FrauPosh:
Berlin office? Oh really? Please what's the name of the office in particular? Is it the Bundesvervaltungsamt?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nikkyra: 10:37am On Mar 11
please any information on the people they are sending appointment. I booked since Nov 2022 and no information
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pquaver(m): 11:23am On Mar 11
Didibk:
That's it o. If i knew it was going to take this long, i would have applied to go get married over there like someone whose comment is on this thread. It’s a similar process. The difference is that the process is the reverse.

I dont feel is faster that way ooo.. My friend and cousin too are still waiting.. My friend that 1 am sure we went to submit all the documents to standesamt im December and December the still wrote that the documents has been sent to German embassy in Nigeria for the verification (Urkundenüberprüfung).. It is this march that standesamt wrote that the embassy has acknowledged in writing receipt of the Dokument sent to them from Germany since December ooo.. Now the told us the process will take about 8 to 9 months... No be the same waiting? And don't forget my friend's wife has not even booked for interview, infact i am going to him to tell the wife to kukuma boook interview now oooo.. Cos to wait 9 months and still wait another 1and half for interview is too long if you ask me.. I think d best is getting married in an eu country like Dänemark and then submitting your marriage certificate for deutche urkunde.. That i believe is faster, there wont be need for verification again i believe because of the document are from danisch sources..
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by heeedreeez: 11:47am On Mar 11
pquaver:

I dont feel is faster that way ooo.. My friend and cousin too are still waiting.. My friend that 1 am sure we went to submit all the documents to standesamt im December and December the still wrote that the documents has been sent to German embassy in Nigeria for the verification (Urkundenüberprüfung).. It is this march that standesamt wrote that the embassy has acknowledged in writing receipt of the Dokument sent to them from Germany since December ooo.. Now the told us the process will take about 8 to 9 months... No be the same waiting? And don't forget my friend's wife has not even booked for interview, infact i am going to him to tell the wife to kukuma boook interview now oooo.. Cos to wait 9 months and still wait another 1and half for interview is too long if you ask me.. I think d best is getting married in an eu country like Dänemark and then submitting your marriage certificate for deutche urkunde.. That i believe is faster, there wont be need for verification again i believe because of the document are from danisch sources..

Thanks for the information. The Dänish process. Have you seen someone that tried it out or its just simply an opinion?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pquaver(m): 11:58am On Mar 11
heeedreeez:

Thanks for the information. The Dänish process. Have you seen someone that tried it out or its just simply an opinion?

I have co workers who told us they did that earlier, one is of Turkish descent. So i dont know if it is still so but it was a way out.. My friend at was being advised that he should have taken that route, it is shorter because e complicated about the delay in Nigeria.. But funny enough another colleague from egypt brought the wife from Egypt under 1 month... Nigeria something is always different..
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Localwomann: 8:36pm On Mar 13
It's really heartbreaking that everything that has to do with Nigeria seems to get awfully complicated. As if waiting one whole year isn't bad enough, the complete and utter silence is another thing entirely. To now even think of it extending to 18 - 24 months🤦So demoralising.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Localwomann: 8:39pm On Mar 13
Does anyone know if people from Dec 2022 have started getting mails?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 10:46pm On Mar 13
Localwomann:
Does anyone know if people from Dec 2022 have started getting mails?

Still in October

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by gloyal: 12:26am On Mar 15
Tessajohn820:
yes u can apply with neco.u can also certify at a high court.visa dates now are longer.it takes 1 year 6-9 months.

It'll take over one year even with pre-approval letter and the fast-tracked skilled immigrant visa thing??
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by temitayoolu(m): 2:12am On Mar 15
Glad to see this thread is still alive although i have not been able to reply alot of people that mentioned me or dm'd me. Life became extremely busy.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by heeedreeez: 9:15am On Mar 15
gloyal:

It'll take over one year even with pre-approval letter and the fast-tracked skilled immigrant visa thing??

Can someone whose spouse is already living in germany on a blue card as a skilled worker for about two years apply through this skill immigrant route (member of family of skilled immigrant) once the spouse is able to get a pre-approval letter?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauBasilia: 12:34pm On Mar 15
Does anyone know maybe November 2022 has started receiving mails?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauBasilia: 12:38pm On Mar 15
Are they through with people from October 2022?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bmfunso: 4:03pm On Mar 16
Good day everyone, Please I have an important enquiry and any helpful information will be highly appreciated and most importantly if anyone has encountered similar challenge in the past.

My wife had her interview for family reunion last year June. All requirement fulfilled but in the end, the application was rejected on two grounds.
1. That we got married after I entered Germany and
2. That my study visa's validity was less than 1 year.

I appealed the rejection on the ground that i already found a full time job and I already submitted my application for full time Work permit at the Berlin Immigration and awaiting response.
Unfortunately, my application for the work permit was not approved by federal job agency in Berlin due to some issues (long story). All this back and forth took 6 months or thereabout. At the end, German embassy in Nigeria replied my appeal and finally rejected our appeal in January, 2024.

By the end of Feb. 2024, my work permit was finally approved and I wrote to embassy in Nigeria, we got an instant reply that we should book a new appointment. This is really sad, one can imagine waiting for another 16months or more to get a new appointment.

Meanwhile, while the issue was going back and forth since last year, we attempted to atleast book a new appointment for my wife since we didnt know what the outcome would be but the system was not allowing us and it kept saying "A different appointment with the same entry was already booked". When this first happened, we thought it was bcs our application was still ongoing. So now, after the final rejection, we still got the same error till this moment.
My questions now are:
1. Has anyone been faced with such scenerio before in term of not being able to book a new appointment after rejection?
2. What are the options available for us if we don't want to wait for another appointment which is over a year?

I forgot to add that we welcomed our first child in December last year. Would such development may atleast also move the German embassy in Nigeria to give or reduce the appointment waiting time?

Thanks for your anticipated response/s
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mopricelezz(f): 6:20pm On Mar 16
Bmfunso:
Good day everyone, Please I have an important enquiry and any helpful information will be highly appreciated and most importantly if anyone has encountered similar challenge in the past.

My wife had her interview for family reunion last year June. All requirement fulfilled but in the end, the application was rejected on two grounds.
1. That we got married after I entered Germany and
2. That my study visa's validity was less than 1 year.

I appealed the rejection on the ground that i already found a full time job and I already submitted my application for full time Work permit at the Berlin Immigration and awaiting response.
Unfortunately, my application for the work permit was not approved by federal job agency in Berlin due to some issues (long story). All this back and forth took 6 months or thereabout. At the end, German embassy in Nigeria replied my appeal and finally rejected our appeal in January, 2024.

By the end of Feb. 2024, my work permit was finally approved and I wrote to embassy in Nigeria, we got an instant reply that we should book a new appointment. This is really sad, one can imagine waiting for another 16months or more to get a new appointment.

Meanwhile, while the issue was going back and forth since last year, we attempted to atleast book a new appointment for my wife since we didnt know what the outcome would be but the system was not allowing us and it kept saying "A different appointment with the same entry was already booked". When this first happened, we thought it was bcs our application was still ongoing. So now, after the final rejection, we still got the same error till this moment.
My questions now are:
1. Has anyone been faced with such scenerio before in term of not being able to book a new appointment after rejection?
2. What are the options available for us if we don't want to wait for another appointment which is over a year?

I forgot to add that we welcomed our first child in December last year. Would such development may atleast also move the German embassy in Nigeria to give or reduce the appointment waiting time?

Thanks for your anticipated response/s

Hello, for starters, congratulations on the arrival of your bundle of joy.

As regards the inability to book a new appointment for your wife, I'd suggest you write the embassy and explain the situation to them. Also, I hope you have done your baby's international passport, if yes, you need to book an appointment for your child ASAP, then when you are finally able to get the booking issue for your wife sorted, you can mail the embassy, requesting that they merge your wife and child's application.

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by BarbieLulu: 10:09am On Mar 17
Peters09:
VISA TESTIMONY ALERT!!!

How I Got My Intended Marriage (Family Reunion) Visa In 1 year.

This process is for the purpose of intended marriage in Germany to be married to my German Spouse.

28th June, 2022: Applied for appointment
September, 2022: Wifey collected required documents from me
2nd November, 2022: Wifey submitted documents for background check
16th January, 2023: Lawyer in Nigeria started the background check
4th May, 2023: Verified documents arrived back in Germany
26th May, 2023: Documents translated to German
29th June, 2023: Marriage Registration
20th July, 2023: Got appointment mail from the Embassy
10th August, 2023: Went for the Visa interview
8th September, 2023: Embassy requested for A1 German Language certificate
17th October, 2023: Submitted A1 certificate at the Embassy
30th October, 2023: ABH requested additional documents from Wifey
31th October, 2023:Documents submitted at ABH
1st November, 2023: Approval Mail to submit passport for Visa
2nd November, 2023: Passport and travel insurance was dropped off at the Embassy.
9th November, 2023: Received passport with visa via DHL
22nd November, 2023: Traveled to Germany
We got married in December 2023. Glory be to God....

We also made a detailed video of this timeline on our channel. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0269japCgXI?si=82X5190dSxnGJGz7

Congratulations
Please are you a researcher or you’re doing your PhD?
Also did the embassy contact your wife to submit the documents for background check?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 9:48pm On Mar 17
FrauPosh:
It's been over 27 months now since I started this FRV process. My lawyer came for verification 10 months after my interview. As if that was not enough, it's been 5 months of resounding silence since the lawyer visited.
What's really going on? Has the duration of the whole process been changed? I just want to vent here. My head don full🤯😓😓
Hi dear, I visited this page again after a long time. I discovered you are yet to get approval. If you want something done fast get an immigration lawyer. This is my only advise.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 9:56pm On Mar 17
Mopricelezz:

Hello, for starters, congratulations on the arrival of your bundle of joy.

As regards the inability to book a new appointment for your wife, I'd suggest you write the embassy and explain the situation to them. Also, I hope you have done your baby's international passport, if yes, you need to book an appointment for your child ASAP, then when you are finally able to get the booking issue for your wife sorted, you can mail the embassy, requesting that they merge your wife and child's application.

My honest advice here is for you to speak to an immigration lawyer. Those guys fear their lawyers a lot and am talking from experience. It will cost you money but you will get result. Reduce doing some of this things yourself. Also, if you pay for legal insurance in Germany, it wouldn’t cost you anything but if not it will cost money.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 11:15pm On Mar 17
UCEKE:

Hi dear, I visited this page again after a long time. I discovered you are yet to get approval. If you want something done fast get an immigration lawyer. This is my only advise.

The funny thing is that I have an immigration lawyer.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 12:33pm On Mar 18
FrauPosh:

The funny thing is that I have an immigration lawyer.

I was in the same situation with you and the immigration lawyer handed everything. I was in copy of all the mails he sent to KVR and German Embassy. They had to refund me the 150k and apologize. Your lawyer need to work better
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauBasilia: 2:50pm On Mar 18
Hello everyone

Please my November 2022 people waiting for appointment, anyone that has been sent email should holla us here. So that we can know that Dec 2022 people are next on line.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 9:11pm On Mar 18
UCEKE:

I was in the same situation with you and the immigration lawyer handed everything. I was in copy of all the mails he sent to KVR and German Embassy. They had to refund me the 150k and apologize. Your lawyer need to work better

Ok. I ll try that. Thank you. Please do you have their phone number?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Optimisticprim: 3:16pm On Mar 20
FrauPosh:

Omor nothing o.But we are hopeful.Thanks Optimisticprim for your concern. How is yours going too ? The matter tire me so I just chill dey look.

Testimony time FrauPosh and all nairalanders...

Booking date: 28/12/2021.
Appointment date received: 13/01/2023.
Interview: 06/02/2023.
my baby was four months old at the time, took her in for my interview and I was asked to book an appointment for her interview using my reference number.
Appointment date for baby received: 13/02/2023.
Baby's interview: 28/02/2023.
New city ABH contacted my husband: 27/11/2023.
Documents submitted: 15/12/2023.
Current city confirmed they had received our file from the previous city: 15/01/24
ABH approval: 26/01/2024
Visa approval email: 29/01/2024
Visa received: 07/02/2024
Arrived in Germany: 19/03/2024

Spouse is a researcher: No A1, no verification.

4 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 12:09am On Mar 21
[quote author=Optimisticprim post=129022182]

Testimony time FrauPosh and all nairalanders...

Booking date: 28/12/2021.
Appointment date received: 13/01/2023.
Interview: 06/02/2023.
my baby was four months old at the time, took her in for my interview and I was asked to book an appointment for her interview using my reference number.
Appointment date for baby received: 13/02/2023.
Baby's interview: 28/02/2023.
New city ABH contacted my husband: 27/11/2023.
Documents submitted: 15/12/2023.
Current city confirmed they had received our file from the previous city: 15/01/24
ABH approval: 26/01/2024
Visa approval email: 29/01/2024
Visa received: 07/02/2024
Arrived in Germany: 19/03/2024

Spouse is a researcher: No A1, no verification.
[/quot

Three gboza for you sis😊🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏💃💃💃💃.You were so silent , I was wondering what's up with. Wow finally 😊😊. I'm so so happy for you. May Deutschland favor you and your family. Wishing you all the best while we await ours. Welcome home. Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 3:38pm On Mar 21
FrauPosh:

Ok. I ll try that. Thank you. Please do you have their phone number?
which number?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauBasilia: 9:50am On Mar 22
Good day everyone

Please any updates on appointments? Are they through with October 2022 applicants. Has any November 2022 applicants received mails.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oriaku1: 1:43pm On Mar 22
Hello house, please someone should help me with contact details of any affordable hotel close to Goethe institute in Lagos state.please it‘s urgent. Thanks!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Euny1234: 12:20am On Mar 23
Hello all
Trust you are all doing fine.
I really appreciate the effort put into this platform to educate all to success.

I want to ask a question.
Can one travel at the same time with a child (10 years)to Germany as a student without waiting for family reunification ?

I learned someone did so, though not from Nigeria. She gave the embassy tangible reasons, and she was allowed and traveled same time with the child to Germany for her school.

If yes, how can the child be included during interview because in this case, appointment has been booked without the child already. How can the child.

Can one write/call the embassy to know if the child can be involved in the interview 🤔

I'm curious. I will appreciate your response.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Festaco(m): 4:51am On Mar 23
Euny1234:
Hello all
Trust you are all doing fine.
I really appreciate the effort put into this platform to educate all to success.

I want to ask a question.
Can one travel at the same time with a child (10 years)to Germany as a student without waiting for family reunification ?

I learned someone did so, though not from Nigeria. She gave the embassy tangible reasons, and she was allowed and traveled same time with the child to Germany for her school.

If yes, how can the child be included during interview because in this case, appointment has been booked without the child already. How can the child.

Can one write/call the embassy to know if the child can be involved in the interview 🤔

I'm curious. I will appreciate your response.

In my opinion, nothing is impossible. Firstly contact the embassy, they will likely tell you to book an appointment for the child using your application's reference number so that the child won't have to wait for long should your interview come first before the child's own. But if your interview has not been scheduled, chances are high that they might merge both to be on the same day. You have to get the consent of the father in writing approving the child to leave the country. Try to get all the necessary documents and you will be fine.

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oriaku1: 4:45pm On Mar 23
Oriaku1:
Hello house, please someone should help me with contact details of any affordable hotel close to Goethe institute in Lagos state.please it‘s urgent. Thanks!
please help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.