Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? (31944 Views)

My Sexcapades In University And How It’s Almost End My Life / How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by jetson06: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
send me her number i am interested in marrying her.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by iamrammy(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
Before you quit pm her number biko...she's a keeper!

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
Driggs:
I am not ready for commitments and I told my girl to chill for some more time.. I am an ambitious young man and I must own the world before I decide to marry.. My kids must chop life pass DJ Khalid pikin..

She agreed and everything is fine.. She's not a beggy beggy slayqueen.. She works with Oando. Lately, I was robbed and my belongings was carted away.. So, I had to use her phone to contact my parents so they can know I am fine until I retrieve my SIM.

Fast forward to yesterday, my mom called and asked me about the "nice girl who has been calling her and sending her massive airtime". I was dumbfounded and just hung up.. I called Lillian and she was all teary on the phone when I confronted her saying "she just wanted to be friendly with her "mother-in-law" blah blah..

That was when I flared up. It was like rubbing salt on an Okada accident wound..

She's been calling and I am not picking.. My mom's been calling too, I guess she's explained the situation to her..

A lady that is so desperate to tie me down with marriage by doing stuffs I didn't bargain for can go ahead and tie my destiny later..

Should I flee? Should I give her another chance?
I

You are a big fool.....you sound childish that how one man lost is true love just in the name of future ambition that never came to past if you loose her to some one else you may not get someone as good as her before you die, getting married at early age is the best go ask your senior they we tell you so far the girl share the same vision with you. Smh

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
srclark:
you are so on point let him be over reacting there he his only pushing the girl away and if he his not careful he wilk regret in the nearest future she might actually be ready for the long wait ( which in the real sense is not really long if they both know what they are doing )
I absolutely agree with you.....i once pushed such a good lady away in the past despite that she's cute, independent, homely, loved me to a fault, washes my clothes, prepare my meals, respects Me, etc...

BUT just like the inexperienced OP, I told her I wasn't financially ready but she VOWED to help me out till I'm set because she was self employed & doing fine but I myopically declined.
she wept & begged me for months but all fell on my deaf ears!

BELIEVE YOU ME, PARTING WAYS WITH HER IS ONE OF MY MAJOR LIFE REGRETS!

#IF I COULD TURN BACK D HANDS OF TIME....

#LIFE LESSONS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Omudia11: 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hahahaahah
Mafizo:
Nigerian sha...we no get chill..
The OP is getting what he didn't expect, insults thrown at him from every angle...Let me add mine...
It's either OP is plainly stupid of stupidly plain
Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
merrymike47:
A quick question 4 u, will u remain single if u don't become rich as u wanted in 10yrs from now? u may nt get a loyal girl, neva again wen u are ready 2 settle.
That what am trying to tell him..... He may not find someone like her again and is future ambitions may never come to past so who come loose

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2019
gaby:
Funny title though, made it sound like you were some ram about to be tied down and slaughtered for Salah or Christmas.

I quite understand and love your honesty. I say honesty because you didn't hide your immaturity and by extension unpreparedness for a married life. The young lady wouldn't understand what bullet you are saving her from and to take a walk seeing how you aren't ready yet.

This is where most couples make the mistake. There are often times subtle quiet signals to tell how disastrous or successful a marriage would turn out from courtship, but we usually ignore those tell tale signals due to a fear of the unknown and go hoping for the best from a clear hopeless situation like the young lady in your story.

I don't quite know how old or young you are bro, but i would want to let you know that you can never have yourself prepared enough financially in life because you will always keep trying to satisfy the insatiable nature of the human life.

Wish you well bro and wish me a happy birthday today..
Exactly
Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Prechy08(m): 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2019
Driggs:
I am not ready for commitments and I told my girl to chill for some more time.. I am an ambitious young man and I must own the world before I decide to marry.. My kids must chop life pass DJ Khalid pikin..

She agreed and everything is fine.. She's not a beggy beggy slayqueen.. She works with Oando. Lately, I was robbed and my belongings was carted away.. So, I had to use her phone to contact my parents so they can know I am fine until I retrieve my SIM.

Fast forward to yesterday, my mom called and asked me about the "nice girl who has been calling her and sending her massive airtime". I was dumbfounded and just hung up.. I called Lillian and she was all teary on the phone when I confronted her saying "she just wanted to be friendly with her "mother-in-law" blah blah..

That was when I flared up. It was like rubbing salt on an Okada accident wound..

She's been calling and I am not picking.. My mom's been calling too, I guess she's explained the situation to her..

A lady that is so desperate to tie me down with marriage by doing stuffs I didn't bargain for can go ahead and tie my destiny later..

will you keep quite... What is wrong with you. You tie her down for 2 years and you still not sure you want to end up with her, you don sample her everywhere as your babe now she wan secure her position you come here the cry. And she is even working and not really dependent on you. My brother if she passes the character check better think straight.
The girl only reached out to your mum you are crying. If it was my sis, I will tell her to reach out to your dad, uncle, brothers and sisters even go your Village self this Christmas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by kelvinovie25(m): 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
My brother from all you have said it seems she is a nice girl, better not loose a good woman cus of your unrealistic dreams bro, be realistic and make your plans right. If you not ready for marriage yet, put her on the known, if she is cool with it you let her know when you intend getting married cus women can't wait forever. Am loosing a good woman right now cus of this marriage issue right now sef.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Omudia11: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2019
Keep deceiving yourself. FYI, men are more populated than women, especially in Nigeria. So husband's are not scarce,
sensible men are.
anonymous1759:
Husband is scare if you no you no.... cool cool cool cool i wish all men can be like me... Them for they fill application... Recruitment age will be 18-24 grin grin if you're above the age bracket OYO is your name. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by OSESUNATE(m): 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2019
Driggs:

I'm sorry to say but I think you are wicked, a play boy and a kid. You have tied her down for 2yrs and u are still not ready to get married? Grow up man!!!!

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by troy20(m): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2019
Driggs:

Wetin she for use tie you down before. For your mind nw you be hot property. Bringing this topic here. All man de hustle. She ma de hustle.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by babyfaceafrica: 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2019
Deapexboy:

Boys with lies this same op might be buying time with one reason just to be hitting her jack pot

I am 100% sure the op didn't even openly tell girl he is not ready for marriage
Guys!! Fear us
fear yourself.. and the are both enjoying the sex ..no one is enjoying any jackpot

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by babyfaceafrica: 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2019
Jesse25:

That what am trying to tell him..... He may not find someone like her again and is future ambitions may never come to past so who come loose
who says he won't fins someone like her again?

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Omudia11: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
Pls how exactly has the lady been selfish.
You have carried your senselessness into this new year..
Jman06:
The lady is acting all holy now because she feels she has seen a maga to marry. After marriage the real character will come out. Women and their selfishness!

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by babyfaceafrica: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
iamrammy:
Before you quit pm her number biko...she's a keeper!
keeper because she sends recharge card to his mum abi?...lolz
Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Daeylar(f): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2019
I don't understand you undecided
You are not ready for commitments and told your girl to chill for sometime, (and I assume the same way you told us the reason is the same way you told her,) you saying that to her implies that she just needs to wait till you get your bill gates money and you'll be ready, and she agreed to do so.

All of a sudden you flared up because she told you she just wanted to be friendly with her mother in law when you asked why she sent airtime and called. Next thing you're calling her desperate? Common now undecided

Why should that make you flare up? Why should that make you call her desperate?
Did she say anything wrong? She wants to be friendly with her mother in law. Is she wrong? You never said you don't want to commit to her i.e marry her. You just said you told her to chill on commitments till you get your dangote money. So what's making you flare up?
Did she say that she wants to married the next day? undecided no she didn't, she has agreed to wait as you asked her to.
So why are you reacting this way? How can you call her desperate when you said yourself that she is ready to wait for you to commit? undecided

She just wants to have a friendship with her mother in law, because whether you get your DJ Khalid money in a year or in the next 10 years, your mum is still going to be her mother in-law, so why are you bothered that she wants to starts the friendship now?

It's not as if it's a relationship of 3 months and she is rushing things, no, she has been with you for 2 years and you've given her assurance that you'll commit, so why are you flaring up because she wants to be friends with your mother?

Or is it that you don't want to marry the girl? undecided and you are just using this your I want my kids to enjoy more than Bill gates kids as an excuse to date the girl till you're tired of her and dump her?

Driggs:

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by iamrammy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
keeper because she sends recharge card to his mum abi?...lolz
nah...because girls these days prefer ur mum dead before they come into ur home, plus she doesn't demand ni.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Daeylar(f): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
ashjay001:

U didn't tell her, u wouldn't marry her now? Just told her to be patient, till u hammered?!

What's bad in getting to know d in-laws, while waiting?

My exact question to him.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by babyfaceafrica: 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
iamrammy:
nah...because girls these days prefer ur mum dead before they come into ur home, plus she doesn't demand ni.
I hear you.. until you marry a gal..never trust her acts!

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by TheStarsAlign: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2019
RAFIC:
Why would someone go into a relationship if there's no hope of eventual marriage? She isn't forcing you to marry her. She isn't pressuring you. All she has done is try to be nice. It hurts that she did it without first infprming you, but I guess she feared this your reaction.

PS: You can always tell her to stop it that it's off-putting. She seems like a nice enough girl to understand a nice enough language.

Sincerely, she may not have done anything wrong. What if it was his mother that started calling her before she reciprocated. Op stated that he used her phone to call momsie. Op, better take your lady on date to tell her how much you appreciate her, don't make mistake of loosing her.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by TGMISKY(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2019
That girl self get mind. Who stays with a guy who does not want commitments? My friend pick her call or someone else will and you'll regret later

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Reference(m): 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Driggs:

You're just silly. There is no advice for your type. Putting it mildly.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
Girls And Their cunning act
all i gat to say shine your eyes when a girl is after marriage they can do anything once you put the ring on that finger tiger will be unleashed

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by SmartMen: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2019
Mafizo:
Nigerian sha...we no get chill..
The OP is getting what he didn't expect, insults thrown at him from every angle...Let me add mine...
It's either OP is plainly stupid of stupidly plain
+1 like grin
Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2019
[quote author=AryEmber post=74438006]Poor thing was just trying to secure her future but some ladies are funny sha oh, who stays with a guy that told you he does not want commitment?[/quoteWhen money is involved, women will deny their dignity.]
Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Dotman2210(m): 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2019
Just drop her number for me please.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by simplesearch: 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
what do you have in mind to court a lady, just to enjoy her flesh waste her time and throw her away, it shows your level of seriousness. If you have a lofty goal that's so compelling why can't you just face it alone instead of looking for someone with which to fill in the gap. If you are that goal oriented and seriously ambitious, I will advice you cut-off all kind of sensual relationship for now and pursue your dream and when you are ready to settle down then you can start one, If you however want to enjoy her company without letting her know what fate await her in a relationship I guess should be up to two years already, then you are only smart by half.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by Jman06(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
Omudia11:
Pls how exactly has the lady been selfish. You have carried your senselessness into this new year..
Fuckkk you!
Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by mechanics(m): 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2019
She didn't do anything bad na, why do you want to run away, even your mum ask of her, that's to show she's not a bad lady, bros you better take care of her well o, good ladies are scarce o, some of them won't even spend on you at all.
Re: She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? by frank202012: 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2019
but Oga if this story is true,send me her number abeg.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bobrisky Celebrates "Best Dressed Female" Win With Gospel Dance And Money Spray / I'm Receiving Death Threats From My Girlfriend's Ex / How A Nairalander Spent Her Valentines Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.