Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Your Beliefs - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Beliefs (12718 Views)

This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included)) / It's OK To Question Your Beliefs / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Beliefs by LordReed(m): 7:23am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
Not only him, HellVictorinho and others too. I'm waiting for them to make a logical case why they are right.

I don't think atheists lie necessarily. I think they just don't know the truth. Many atheists I know are noble people in my opinion. Sam Harris comes to mind.

Make a case for what? Rather its you making a case for a god.
Re: Your Beliefs by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
E pain am grin
And it's making you insane. cheesy
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 8:16am On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Are you really doing this?
This dude is just determined to impress you and it seems like he is getting there.
Arrogance doesn't help your argument. Do better, check your biases as they may overwhelm your ability to argue constructively. You could actually know who values a good conversation to trash out truth and make life better, versus who enters a conversation with an ulterior agenda and wouldn't just LISTEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymajOjVQPm4
Re: Your Beliefs by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:

Arrogance doesn't help your argument. Do better, check your biases as they may overwhelm your ability to argue constructively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymajOjVQPm4
Your ability to make sentences like this means nothing to me.
And you have been the epitome of arrogance.
You keep acting like no one can challenge you unless he or she is ready to dance to your tunes.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 8:50am On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

Make a case for what? Rather its you making a case for a god.
Make a case for their own beliefs as I'm making mine.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 8:50am On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

And it's making you insane. cheesy
I like you! grin
Re: Your Beliefs by LordReed(m): 8:52am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:

Belief in what? The only belief we are interested in is that of gods which we reject so what belief are we supposed to making a case for?
Re: Your Beliefs by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
I like you! grin
Hallelujah!!! cheesy
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 8:56am On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Your ability to make sentences like this means nothing to me.
And you have been the epitome of arrogance.
You keep acting like no one can challenge you unless he or she is ready to dance to your tunes.
I don't know about you but I see no problem with "acting like no one can challenge you". The issue is what do you do when that challenge comes. The way you conveniently dismiss arguments you don't like is a good example of your arrogance and dishonesty.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 8:58am On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

Belief in what? The only belief we are interested in is that of gods which we reject so what belief are we supposed to making a case for?
Belief in anything they believe in.

Edit: The belief that cause you to reject God.
Re: Your Beliefs by LordReed(m): 9:02am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
In anything they believe in.

It won't be relevant to discussion of the existence of gods.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 9:06am On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

I edited the post.
Re: Your Beliefs by LordReed(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
Belief in anything they believe in.

Edit: The belief that cause you to reject God.

Its not a belief that caused me to reject belief in god, it was a whole lot of reasons but primarily the lack of unequivocal evidence for any interacting god or gods.

1 Like

Re: Your Beliefs by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
I don't know about you but I see no problem with "acting like no one can challenge you". The issue is what do you do when that challenge comes. The way you conveniently dismiss arguments you don't like is a good example of your arrogance and dishonesty.
These statements are inconsequential.
And if I can help you to understand that it is critically stupid for anyone to criticize me stupidly,you should be thankful.
I don't just dismiss arguments that are baseless.
I actually point out the illogical statements made by the other party, which makes the debate an exercise in futility.
Re: Your Beliefs by budaatum: 10:20am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
What he described in the video is something. Could you explain it otherwise?
Is that not what I said, 9? Did I not call it "a lot of something"? Or did you not see the correction?

Why should I explain it any further when you've finally got the point, 9, that Hawking never meant "something came from nothing" because "something always comes from something". As the saying goes, "you need eggs to make omelettes", you can't make them out of thin air.
Re: Your Beliefs by budaatum: 10:53am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
Not only him, HellVictorinho and others too. I'm waiting for them to make a logical case why they are right.

I don't think atheists lie necessarily. I think they just don't know the truth. Many atheists I know are noble people in my opinion. Sam Harris comes to mind.
So you know atheists do no accept the idea of creators! And you know that atheists are not in any way claiming something came from nothing!

9, please do not make me treat you as I do people who do not use their brains. Is it not you who believes that something came from nothing?
Re: Your Beliefs by budaatum: 11:00am On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
This is exactly the issue. You think atheists believe like you do! Or in you words, you think that's others deify their subjective opinion like you do!

I guess that's why you miss Hawkin saying, anything said about the state of things before the big bang is conjecture, and not a thing to be believed.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 3:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

You reject belief in gods? Me too.

But if you mean God, then I'd say you're supposed to be making a case for rejecting God.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Hallelujah!!! cheesy
Happy Sunday. May the Force be with you and your family.
Re: Your Beliefs by LordReed(m): 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
You reject belief in gods? Me too.

But if you mean God, then I'd say you're supposed to be making a case for rejecting God.

All gods remain gods to me, there is nothing that makes yours require a special appellation. The case for rejecting all gods has already been made, no unequivocal evidence.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

Let's find out.
Re: Your Beliefs by LordReed(m): 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
Let's find out.

I believe that chocolate is the best icecream flavour.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2019
LordReed:

Its not a belief that caused me to reject belief in god, it was a whole lot of reasons but primarily the lack of unequivocal evidence for any interacting god or gods.
The lack of unequivocal evidence for any interacting god or gods formed your belief in no god or gods? Me too.
Re: Your Beliefs by LordReed(m): 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:
The lack of unequivocal evidence for any interacting god or gods formed your belief in no god or gods? Me too.

Good for you!
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

These statements are inconsequential.
And if I can help you to understand that it is critically stupid for anyone to criticize me stupidly,you should be thankful.
I don't just dismiss arguments that are baseless.
I actually point out the illogical statements made by the other party, which makes the debate an exercise in futility.
What made the statements inconsequential?
Re: Your Beliefs by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
9inches:

What made the statements inconsequential?
Read further.
My reply did not end there.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 5:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
budaatum:

Is that not what I said, 9? Did I not call it "a lot of something"? Or did you not see the correction?

Why should I explain it any further when you've finally got the point, 9, that Hawking never meant "something came from nothing" because "something always comes from something". As the saying goes, "you need eggs to make omelettes", you can't make them out of thin air.
My bad. Got it.
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 12:12am On Jan 14, 2019
budaatum:

This is exactly the issue. You think atheists believe like you do! Or in you words, you think that's others deify their subjective opinion like you do!

I guess that's why you miss Hawkin saying, anything said about the state of things before the big bang is conjecture, and not a thing to be believed.
Everyone has belief(s).
Re: Your Beliefs by 9inches(m): 12:18am On Jan 14, 2019
LordReed:

All gods remain gods to me, there is nothing that makes yours require a special appellation. The case for rejecting all gods has already been made, no unequivocal evidence.
Same here, all gods remain gods to me as well. I don't have any gods that require special appellation. I did make such case myself in one of my earlier posts..
Re: Your Beliefs by budaatum: 12:27am On Jan 14, 2019
9inches:
Everyone has belief(s).
I believe I will wake up tomorrow too, 9, I even believe there was a yesterday, but to believe what likely happened 20 Zillion years ago? That's a bit too much for me, 9. If buda thinks buda beliefs correspond in any way to what happened so long ago buda would be God. Some of us don't cook up nonsense in our head and say, "Yes, that is exactly how it is, I say so!"

'I don't know', is a third option.
Re: Your Beliefs by LordReed(m): 12:42am On Jan 14, 2019
9inches:
Same here, all gods remain gods to me as well. I don't have any gods that require special appellation. I did make such case myself in one of my earlier posts..

Good for you!
Re: Your Beliefs by budaatum: 12:49am On Jan 14, 2019
Listen to this guy.
HellVictorinho:

The brain of the designer must be cracked.
Its from:
Why Even Atheists Should Want There To Be A God
As in, cook one up in their heads, right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

On Demonic Afflictions / What The Bible Say About Sports! / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.