Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44492 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 17, 2019
skubido:
Hmmmm

Tanks for the update Ma'am

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 17, 2019
Ann2012:
Many secrets and twists

Thanks for the update ma'am

Thanks for reading dear. grin I see you and Light queen on every thread here reminds me of Queenitee back in 2017 when NL was like a home to us. grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by damselposh(f): 7:00am On Jan 17, 2019
Don't remember 2017

Just come and update please grin grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 17, 2019
zyzxx:
kimberlywest men i am still working on the sweet words i will use on you that you wont say no lol...
that alex is a crook... many secret to be unraveled, i wish Daniel Could be the father of josh.

Shade is giving devil more room to scatter her home, i wish she get it write before is too late because she is taking wrong steps and one is leading to other that it will be to hard for her to trace back her step.

tanks for the update, you are indeed driving us

Thanks dear.

You don't need words sef grin rich cute and handsome is the criteria.

Happy Birthday to you.

I wish you all the best things of life.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 17, 2019
FortunateB:
Though I came in late I refuse to ignore a story from our very own KimberlyWest.

After the blockbuster "Love Hiccups" we didn't hear from you again, but it's understandable cause you went for something meaningful in life.

There are some writers I can't ignore their stories and you are one of them, babe you rock, keep the fire burning.

Just a few chapters and I can feel KimberlyWest doing something she is truly good at.

I noticed some mixed up in names though, where Daniel was supposed to be written Alex was written instead.

More wisdom on your brain and more data on your sim. Welcome back babe and thanks for the mention.

Thanks for following and grin bursting my brain too. I sincerely appreciate. I know this is not the usual romance we are all used to but I just thought I should share this one before I start that one.

Sorry about that mix up in the names. I will be more careful with that.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 17, 2019
izaray:
Too many suspense

Thanks for the update op

Thanks for reading dear. I appreciate.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 17, 2019
PrudySara:
Too many secrets...
Nice one Kim!!

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 17, 2019
Halyma:
Kimberly!!! You are really trying, may God continue to strengthen you. Logged in and saw loads of update.

Thanks dear.
cool Hurrying to finish this one and start another one 'No right way to love' before ASUU will call off their strike.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 17, 2019
damselposh:
Well done

Thanks bae.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 17, 2019
teel123:
Kimberly West I hail oooooo. Nndewo.

grin Thank you ma, I sincerely appreciate.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 7:20am On Jan 17, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Thanks for reading dear. grin I see you and Light queen on every thread here reminds me of Queenitee back in 2017 when NL was like a home to us. grin

Uwc ma'am smiley
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 17, 2019
To the birthday guy. Happy Birthday @zyzxx

Daniel took another look at his wristwatch and decided it was time to go.

He walked outside to his car.

"Daddy, are you leaving?" A tiny voice asked behind him and he turned to see Josh staring at him with a pitiful look.

"No, not yet son."

He rummaged through the headboard and soon found what he came for. He sat in his car, with the child on his lap, wrote a cheque and handed it to him. "For your birthday. Happy birthday dear."

The boy gave him the most amusing puzzling look. "Paper?"

The look got Daniel laughing so hard. "It's an important paper." he said but the kid wasn't satisfied with the reply.

"What do I do with it, dad?"

Daniel laughed again, he put his cheque book down and they got out of the car.

"It's an important paper." he started explaining again. "If you give your mummy and she takes it to the bank. They will give her money and then she will give the money to you."

"Lots of money for chocolates?" he asked excitedly, flashing his white teeths.

"Yes." the younger him who couldn't keep his mind and hands off chocolates came to his mind. He remembered his adorable mum who always made sure he never lacked it.

Before they could get in. Amanda came out to meet them.

"Here comes super mum." Josh announced. "Put me down."

Daniel shrugged and did as he was told and Josh ran to Amanda. Super mum? the word came to him again. Truly, he didn't doubt that, having watched her for the last two hours.

"Daddy gave me a paper I could take to the bank and they will give me money." he heard Josh happily say to his mum.

He walked to them with his hands in his pocket wearing a deep smile.

"Daniel, I can't thank you enough for coming." she held out the cheque to him and he frowned. "but, I'm sorry I can't accept this from you, not after all you've done. You've done more than enough already."

"Amanda, it's...

"Mummy, it's my important paper." Josh interrupted. "It's for chocolates."

"Josh." his mum called angrily. "What did I teach you to do when adults are talking before you?"

He lowered his head. "you said I should keep my mouth shut and not interrupt. I'm sorry mum."

Daniel looked at the kid and felt bad but decided not to interfere in Amanda's business and how she chose to bring up her child. Josh walked to him and he picked him up and held him in his arms.

"Amanda, it's for Josh. It's the least I can do."

"But...

"No but Amanda. After all the things I put you through for those two years, this is the least I cou...

Amanda shook her head, signalling for him to stop talking. She wouldn't let him blame himself. "Dan, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself."

"But it's my fault." Daniel countered.

"It's not your fault." Amanda replied. "please, let's not talk about this again."

Daniel ran his free hand through his hair. "Fine, Just take the cheque. Buy him chocolates."

"Yay. Chocolates." Josh clapped excitedly

His mum gave him a stern look and once again he lowered his head, his expression so sober.

"No, Daniel, a million naira is too much for chocolates." She explained, wishing he would just take the cheque and leave.

The more he stayed, the more he made her feel guilty for her past actions.

"Amanda, trust me, I won't leave with that cheque." he informed her with a note of finality.

She finally gave up. "Thanks Daniel."

"You're welcome." this time he smiled.

He put Josh down and he hurried to his mum, with sleepy eyes.

"Say bye to daddy." Amanda prompted.

"Is he going back to the island where he works, already?"

"Yes baby." she replied.

"Island?" Daniel asked, unable to keep his thoughts to himself.

Amanda looked up at him. "You see. Josh knows you work on an island and that's why you're not always around because it's difficult to cross the water and come home." She explained, hoping he would get the drift.

"Oh! Yes. But, I will soon be back." he explained to Josh, patting his head.

Amanda instantly felt bad for dragging him into her pool of lies.

"Bye daddy." Josh said with a sleepy tone.

"Bye dear." he then turned to Amanda. "Bye Amy."

Amanda couldn't help but smile at the name. That was the name he used to call her when they were together.

He smiled to himself and walked to his car. It was getting dark already. He didn't want his wife to be worried. He was surprised she hadn't called to know his whereabouts, although, he did send her a text that he was going out to visit a friend but still he expected her to call. She probably hasn't left her mum's house, he thought to himself.

She waved at him when he got into his car, he smiled at her, waved back and drove off.

Shade got to the bedroom and flung herself on the bed. How? Just how did she get into this mess?

Just when she thought the devil had totally forgotten about her, he reared his ugly head again.

Seeing him today brought back memories? Good, bad, sweet and bitter memories. She never thought she would see him again. Not after the way he left her.

At one side of the road, he stood, with his weapon in his hand, watching his target walk into her house.
Could he get any luckier? He didn't need to scale the fence nor do any hard task, her house was without fence and as such, it made his job even easier.

"...Kill Amanda." his lover's stern instruction echoed in his head.

Daniel finally drove to an extent he considered far and safe and he knew it was game time.

He walked briskly to the door and knocked. Earlier on, he had surveyed the house and the whole area to make sure it was safe for the job.

Amanda wondered who might be at the door. Initially, she thought of not answering, but decided against it, thinking it would be rude. "Who's there?" she asked.
"Is this Miss. Amanda Nwosu's residence?"

"Yes?" she answered, like she wasn't sure.

"Ma'am, please, I have a package from Mr. Osita; your boss."

"My boss?" She asked herself, puzzled. Osita? Why would he send a message to her? Why didn't he just call her? Why this time of the night? it's 7pm already. All those questions begged to be answered. Seeing that she had no answer to any of them, she finally decided to open the door, it won't hurt to find the answers to her questions.

Making sure she didn't wake Josh, she gently placed him on the couch. Too bad! He was already awake.
Half asleep and half awake he asked, "Mummy, where are you going to?"

She put a finger to her lips signalling him to keep quiet. "sleep baby, let me see who's at the door."

He sat up.

She went to the door, there was no point peeping. She opened the door quietly only for her to gasp when she came face to face with a masked man pointing a gun to her face.

He stepped closer. "Don't scream if you love your life."
Tears had already crowded her eyes. She put a hand to her mouth to stop her from screaming out loud while nodding like a scare agama lizard.

"Perfect," he walked in fully and shut the door, still pointing the gun to her face. "just cooperate with me and nobody will get hurt."

She kept on nodding like she was being remoted. The tears started streaking down her cheeks.

He knew he lied but he had no option. When he walked in he had seen the small innocent kid in the room and instantly he started to think twice about the mission. His lover never mentioned she had a kid and he actually thought the boy was sleeping when he saw them walk in at least he would just do his job and leave without interruptions

Josh stepped down and walked to his mum. He didn't know what was going on. "Mummy." he called out to her.

She grabbed him and pushed him behind her.

He bit his lips and lowered the gun, still staring at the little boy whom his mum had pushed behind her. He couldn't help but remember that same thing happening in his house, exactly twenty one years ago and knowing how that incident contributed immensely to the kind of life he now lived, he immediately changed plans.

"Baby boy, come here." he beckoned to Josh.

"Please, please, don't kill him. I beg you. He's my only hope."

The words touched him, those were his mother's exact words before she was shot.

But he wasn't as heartless as his parents killers

"Keep quiet and nobody will die."he pointed the gun to her again. Stepping closer, he grabbed Josh by his arms and hauled him away from his mum.

Amanda made to grab her child. That act alone got him angry. His plan B didn't involve hurting her but she was pushing him.

Josh was already crying and stretching his hands towards his mum. "I want to go to mummy." he cried.

Even as a child, he had sensed that all was not well.
Amanda made to grab him again but this time around, the masked man didn't take it lightly. He pulled out the gun again and hit her forehead with it. She screamed and fell back in pains, with her eyes closed.

With that little distractions, the masked man and Josh was nowhere to be found when she opened her eyes.
Confusion set in...total confusion. She had no one to call or anyone to run to. She just sat on the floor outside her apartment crying her eyes out.

"Mummy Josh." a woman ran towards her. "What's wrong?"

She turned. It was her neighbor. "My son o. I'm dead. Somebody should just kill me."she cried out to the woman.

"It's okay. Stop crying and tell me what happened."

The other neighbors had also come out to console her. They were all asking her to calm down but she was far from being calm.

"...The man took Josh with him. My son o. How can I calm down when my son is with a stranger."

She cried out loudly. Few minutes ago, she wouldn't have thought that something of that sort could happen to her son.

With the help of the three women who came, Amanda finally entered her house.

With the lights on, that was when they saw the injury on her forehead.

One of them who happened to be a nurse ran to her apartment to get a first aid box.

She soon returned and began dressing the wound while Amanda sat crying about her son. She was pained, not from the wound on her forehead but from the thought of her son being away from her and with a total stranger.

He took Josh to one of his friend's house. He briefed his friend on his lover's plan, how he couldn't carry it out and what he intends to do with the child. He couldn't take her to his house for fear of his lover. He knew she would definitely find out he didn't follow her instructions but he couldn't care less, he had never killed a woman before and he wouldn't start now, besides before she would find out, he will probably be somewhere in Malaysia chilling with the ransom he would collect.

He took one last look at the innocent child who was already asleep in his friend's house and stormed out of the house. He needed to move fast before his lover found out about his change of plans.

As Daniel drove to his house, he tried so much to concentrate on the roads but it was more difficult than ever, not even when he separated from Amanda did he feel that distracted while driving.

"Cute kid." he murmured.

Since he saw Josh, only the thought of the child occupied his whole mind. He found himself wishing the kid was his.

Without thinking he told his phone and dialed Amanda's number.

He got scared the moment he heard her voice.

"Is anything wrong?" he was now worried about her.

"Josh...what?" he quickly reversed the car. "Hold on. I'm coming over."

He quickly put a call to Shade to inform her that the visit to his friend's house would take longer than expected. With that he drove at top speed while praying inwardly that nothing bad should happen to Josh.

She paced the length of the room waiting impatiently for him.

"What could be keeping the idiot?" she asked inwardly. He was supposed to have returned long ago.

What's hard in just shooting her and returning home? She thought. "He better make sure he does a clean job this time around or I will be forced to put him where he belongs."

The door creaked open. She turned around with a murderous look. "Tell me you did it."

He bowed his head. "I did it but not did it, did it."

Her frown deepened. "What do you mean by the nonsense you just blabbed."

He dropped his bag on the chair and went to his bottle of dry Gin. "I left her in a state that even the best doctors won't be able to revive her."

A wicked smile crawled into her face. She walked to him and placed hand on his chest. "That's what I'm talking about baby."

He turned away and sipped his drink.

"Come on baby. We need to celebrate. You did a nice job."

Turning, "Do you know I just almost committed murder?" if he wanted his own secret plans to go well, he was not going to give her any room for suspicion. "I almost killed somebody, a woman for that matter. You don't expect me to jump into bed with you the second I just walk in."

She rolled her eyes. "See someone that I'm giving myself freely to. He's now doing shakara," she thought quietly still maintaining a cool look.

"You didn't commit murder, you only got rid of the obstacle on our path to success." she explained, rubbing her hands all over his now opened chest.

"I almost killed a woman. An innocent woman!" he emphasised. "In fact, I killed her self, cuz she won't survive this."

"Shut that trap." she screamed at him and he gave her a confused look. Her sudden outburst surprised him.

"Who told you that she's Innocent? If not for her busy body. I should be married to Daniel now. She just came and took him away from me. Do you still think she's innocent."

He set his glass down. "Are you just using me or you actually love?"

"You know I love you." she placed her arms around his neck urging him to come closer. "Come to mamma. I've missed you."

"I'm not feeling well. I'm not in that mood either. Next time." he answered with a note of finality and left her to his bed.

She heaved heavily and walked to her bag. "Trust me. I will make you beg for this body." with that, she picked her bag and walked away.

He hissed and fell backwards on his bed. "Nonsense." he muttered. Even though she wouldn't say it, he was beginning to realize she was just using him.

When he was sure she had gone a bit far, he stood up and started to pack his clothes into his small travel bag.

Time to do things his way.

She fumed as she entered the taxi.

"That idiot is beginning to bite more than he can chew." she spat out angrily.

She would have long left him or even gotten rid of him if not that he was an important instrument in carrying out all she planned and now that he was beginning to misbehave and get on her nerves she needed to brainstorm and come up with other plans that didn't involve him.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 8:10am On Jan 17, 2019
Pls nothing should happen to Josh
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Exactly o, back then cry grin cheesy
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2019
zyzxx:
yes, Daniel missed the point that his first best friend is his wife that most know everything about him... i feel your analysis cool thump up
Happy birthday, long life and prosperity, age with grace, more wisdom. Nl did not have hug emoji
Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 9:19am On Jan 17, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2019
Thanks for the update
See as she wants to kill someone as if na sallah ram shocked
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2019
So why am I thinking Josh is Daniel's son? Please find our Josh o, he's just too cute.

I never knew Daniel married Amanda, I thought they only dated. And Shade has one dark past lipsrsealed that girl self.

Alex also, what exactly is his problem? Who's the lover and the lovee bayii?
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
queenitee:
Happy birthday, long life and prosperity, age with grace, more wisdom. Nl did not have hug emoji
aww amen. thanks so much dear, I receive the hug with faith grin

Kimberlywest thanks so much dear I appreciate.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Thanks dear.

You don't need words sef grin rich cute and handsome is the criteria.

Happy Birthday to you.

I wish you all the best things of life.
lol, rich cute and handsome, lol, you are funny, let huzzle pay
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
queenitee:
So why am I thinking Josh is Daniel's son? Please find our Josh o, he's just too cute.

I never knew Daniel married Amanda, I thought they only dated. And Shade has one dark past lipsrsealed that girl self.

I think also that Daniel belong to Josh, shade is already out of the game she is digging her own hole
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
Kimberlywest thanks for the twist this made my day.

More anointing lol
Re: Ghost Of The Past by infant(m): 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
Why do I feel that Daniel still love Amanda, even more than his wife, Shade. He is just trying to make himself believe otherwise. Same applies to Shade. I feel she still love whoever that hurt her in the past more than her husband, Daniel. That was why she still get infuriated just by seeing that person. If she loves her husband more than the guy that hurt her in the past, then the guys present shouldn't do much harm to her.Instead, she will be grateful that she found someone better than him. There is no strong connection between her and Daniel. That was why she believed whatever Alex told her without even confronting her husband to hear his own side of the story.
I feel she agreed to marry Daniel just to show sign of appreciation for what he did for her mother.

What do I even know. Let me just wait and see as things unfold.

Weldon Kimberlywest

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Temmuizza(f): 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hmmmm,madam the madam,this is a master piece already,am following bumper to bumper,thanks maam
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
zyzxx:
Kimberlywest thanks for the twist this made my day.

More anointing lol
Happy birthday Uncle undecided

Where is my rice, meat and cake sad

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Pinkfeet: 11:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Thumb up ,

keep it up ,

nice story. Nowadays someone need to be mindful with type you have.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Pinkfeet: 11:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
KimberlyWest:

No problem. grin

Long time.

Yes

Busy
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 6:11am On Jan 18, 2019
LightQueen:
Happy birthday Uncle undecided

Where is my rice, meat and cake sad
grin thanks aunty grin
Rice, meat and cake is coming lol
Good morning
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 18, 2019
Ann2012:
Pls nothing should happen to Josh

You're welcome dear.
sad I pray nothing happens to him too grin he got me dreaming about having kids.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 18, 2019
skubido:
Tanks for the update

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 18, 2019
LightQueen:
Thanks for the update

See as she wants to kill someone as if na sallah ram shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 18, 2019
queenitee:

Time will tell.

grin grin I doubt if Josh is Daniel's son. This is not Africa magic grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Continue The (Lola) Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.