Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44444 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 15, 2019
"Amanda, why did you call me?" He asked as soon as he got to her.

"Daniel, please I need a favour from you." She begged.

His defences weakened, she had never asked him for any favour since they went their separate ways. He sat across from her and folded his arms. "What?"

"Please say yes." she said, tears now crowding her eyes.

"I'm a very busy person. I don't have time for nonsense. Just say what you want." he replied, sternly. He didn't have such time. First, he had lied to his wife and now, Amanda sat across from him, speaking as if they were friends. After the way they separated, he never imagined that they would one day sit opposite each other without bringing the roof down, simply put, he loathed her and never wished to have anything to do with her again.

"Please, I need you to come to my house." She pleaded.

The moment he heard that, he picked up his car keys and stood up. "You never said that."

He walked away, cursing her inwardly as he went. He wondered what her brain was made of. Asking him to come to her house like they were lovebirds? She definitely had more guts than he had thought. He heard her call behind him but he ignored her and walked out of the restaurant. Knowing, she wasn't the type that easily gave up and that she would be following him, he walked faster until he got to his car.

"Daniel, please listen to me." She begged, while running after him, ignoring the stares from passerbys. "Please I beg you."

He finally turn to even look at her when he entered his car.

She got closer and went down on her knees. "Please, Daniel do this for me, for the sake of old times."

"Amanda, don't bring old times into this." he warned, harshly.

"Please, I'm on my knees. I had no option than to come to you."

He immediately felt pity for her, after all, he was human, she might have hurt him badly but still the difference between the two of them was that he was human and he considered her the devil. "Fine, what do you want and please get up and stop embarrassing me."

She sniffed and stood up. "Please, don't say no Daniel."

"Fine. I won't say no but please say what you want fast, I need to return home to my wife." he scowled at her.

Miranda heard her dad drive in and ran to her room.

"Miranda baby." Alex called out to his daughter as soon as he got into the house. "Daddy is home." He belged and fell backwards on the couch.

"The drunk man is back." she remarked and came out to the sitting room. "Welcome daddy."

"Sweetheart, come here." he beckoned to her and when she came closer, he patted his laps, signalling for her to sit on it.

She rolled her eyes and did as she was told. "Daddy, I'm going to visit my mum today." she informed him, visibly irritated by what he was doing to her.

"Why today?" he asked, running his hands over her boobs.

"Mummy, needs me." she said and stood up. She couldn't take it anymore, she was already fed up with staying with him.

"No problem. Go to my room and check by my bedside, take any amount you want and also take some for your mum." he replied lazily.

She hurried to his room and took the bundle of money she saw there. "100 thousand, I guess?" She said excitedly. "This should be enough for mum and I to leave and go far away. After all he asked me to take any amount I want."

She ran to her room and carried her bag. Coming out, she met him sleeping on the couch. She hissed and walked out. She wondered what she did in her previous life to deserve an irresponsible father like him.

Back at Oledo street, the young lady walked about the tiny bedroom kicking whatever was on her way.
Baby, calm down." her lover and partner in crime said to her.

"Calm down?" She screamed at him. "How can I calm down? Those two will soon get back together right under my nose and you expect me to calm down? Shut that hole you call mouth if you don't want me to transfer my aggression to you." She warned, grabbing his shirt. She left him and grabbed her hair. "I can't let this happen. No way, he can't get back with Amanda, no, no no!" she screamed.

He came behind her and held her by the waist. "You need to calm down."

She made to move but he held unto her tighter. "I can't let this happen. Daniel is mine." she screamed and her lover let go of her.

"I'm right here." he said, visibly angry.

She immediately realized what she had said and she became calmer. "I'm sorry. That wasn't what I meant. I meant his money is mine."

"Better." he ground out. "Sit calmly and tell me what you saw, so we can tackle it like human beings."

She breathed heavily and sat down. "Initially, I thought I saw wrongly but when I looked, it was still the same thing."

"What did you see?" He asked, getting really impatient with her blabbing.

"I saw Daniel and Amanda together in Alima Restaurant." she finally voiced out what he wanted to know.

"So?"

She hissed. "Idiot, if those two get back together, our plain is ruined, we are ruined. We will remain poor."

Some how, he knew there was an element of truth in what she said. "So what are we going to do?" he asked.

She breathed heavily and closed her eyes.

"What are we going to..."

She cut him off with a loud hiss. "Can't you see I'm thinking?" She shook her head.

He raised his hand in mock surrender and walked to his bottle of dry gin. He poured a little quantity into a cup and handed it to her. "Take this."

"No,"

"Suit yourself." he made to walk away when she snatched the cup away from him.

She downed the content in one long gulp. "We...no you...you have to kill Amanda." she hurriedly said and gave him back the cup.

"I thought we only had eyes for Daniel and his money." He asked. Obviously the idea didn't thrill him at all.

"And whoever wants to be a stumbling block to us." she corrected. "Are you going to do it or what?"

"No problem. I will." he had no choice, aside from lovers, they were partners.

"Tomorrow evening, I will send you her address and all you need to know." she said and stormed out of the house. "And don't try what you did last time. I never asked you to kill him. I just needed an avenue to be alone with him for a while."

He knew an order when he heard one and as such he didn't even contemplate, instead he started getting his things ready for the task ahead.

The moment Miranda got into her mums house, she burst into hot tears.

Her mum came running to her and held her.

"Mum, I don't want to go back." She said, amidst tears.

"No, my dear. You have to go back there. He is your father and your place is with your father, in your father's house. I want you to stay there for us and make him realize that he needs me around to make a complete family. What happened this time around?" he mum asked.

Not again! She had run to her mum, determined to tell her what was going on in the house but now, how would she tell her when all she was concerned about was being her father's wife someday. "He drinks alot."
she blurted out and moved away from her mum.

What have I done to deserve these kind of parents, I thought mothers were supposed to put their kids first? She questioned inwardly.

End of chapter 6
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 15, 2019
LightQueen:
Thanks for the update

Alex continue undecided

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 15, 2019
skubido:
Haaaaa, Amanda again, Dan sha

Shade suppose to ask her husband abt all that stupid tinz Alex is feeding her, keeping it from her husband is not the best. That's one of the things that cuz unnecessary thinking, inability to open up to each other

OP tanks for the update

Don't mind them grin

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 15, 2019
PrudySara:
They both have secrets, Y keeping it from each other.... Alex sef, that one is not a friend at all..

Nice one Kimberly.. Ride on

Thanks dear.

So many people have friends like Alex and they don't even know it.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 15, 2019
Kaycee9242:
Kimberly well done ma

Thanks dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 15, 2019
damselposh:
Well done Kim

smiley thanks dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 15, 2019
Pinkfeet:

thanks for mention .

book front seat for me

No problem. grin

Long time.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 15, 2019
zyzxx:
Kim why the suspense now, as in, I am just trying to connect everything inside my head

This is amazing, weldone ma'am

cheesy cheesy cheesy keep trying.

Thanks dear
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 15, 2019
teefeh25:
This story seems promising.. fire on ma'am

smiley Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 15, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma'am

Secrets ruins relationship, I pray Shade and Daniel opens up to each other

Opening up is not even the main issue, doing it before it is too late is what matters.

Any sensible person will always open up to his or her partner but some do it when it's already too late.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2019
ghettochild:

@KimberlyWest I am coming back to naija to marry you....
As u b writer so n me a film maker/cinematographer

grin Be coming
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Uniquechild(f): 8:58am On Jan 15, 2019
Thanks for the update. More grace
Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2019
Trouble dey smell for Daniel head ooo

Kim mama, how u dey, tanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by HORLADSTAR(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2019
Thanks for the update, I dey gbadun you
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2019
Alex want to take advantage of her daughter?

please kim how did Daniel meet such person like alex?
what kind of bond can be there that makes Daniel to trust alex to that extent even with his wife?
Shade bleeped up big time, someone that have done alot for you even if he is bad to the world to you its otherwise
with that alone Daniel deserve a chance in her heart, she suppose to be a good wife by asking Daniel what went wrong, i cant believe she trust alex till update.

kudos kim.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 11:57am On Jan 15, 2019
Problem upon problem. And the major reason is lack of communication
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
zyzxx:
Alex want to take advantage of her daughter?

please kim how did Daniel meet such person like alex?
what kind of bond can be there that makes Daniel to trust alex to that extent even with his wife?
Shade bleeped up big time, someone that have done alot for you even if he is bad to the world to you its otherwise
with that alone Daniel deserve a chance in her heart, she suppose to be a good wife by asking Daniel what went wrong, i cant believe she trust alex till update.
kudos kim.
It isn't how Daniel met Alex.
The issue is Jealousy and envy and everyone gets Jealous and we all have people we just learn not to act on it why some people do not.
Our Jealousy should drive us to become better versions of ourselves Instead of turning us into bitter people. It's when we allow our Jealousy to turn into envy we try harming people.

Alex might be a very good friend when they met who had the best interest of his friend at heart but when Daniel started making it, he got jealous(which like I said earlier is very normal) but instead of allowing his jealousy to make him strive to be a better person, he turned it to envy(bitterness against his friend) and thus trying to ruin him.

And for Shade, you can't place the entire blame on her. She knew how close Daniel and Alex are and so she would think he has no reason to lie against him. And also, like you said that even if he's like that to the rest of the world, he's still good to her. That's pretending and how many people would she sit down to explain how good he is to if he's actually like that? And who knows if he's like that to the rest of the world, he might one day start acting that way to her, cos that would be the true him.

Tho I agree with that part you said she should have communicated with him. Communication is one if the greatest tool in marriage, relationship or friendship. Even business, let's just say in life

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
queenitee:

It isn't how Daniel met Alex.
The issue is Jealousy and envy and everyone gets Jealous and we all have people we just learn not to act on it why some people do not.
Our Jealousy should drive us to become better versions of ourselves Instead of turning us into bitter people. It's when we allow our Jealousy to turn into envy we try harming people.

Alex might be a very good friend when they met who had the best interest of his friend at heart but when Daniel started making it, he got jealous(which like I said earlier is very normal) but instead of allowing his jealousy to make him strive to be a better person, he turned it to envy(bitterness against his friend) and thus trying to ruin him.

And for Shade, you can't place the entire blame on her. She knew how close Daniel and Alex are and so she would think he has no reason to lie against him. And also, like you said that even if he's like that to the rest of the world, he's still good to her. That's pretending and how many people would she sit down to explain how good he is to if he's actually like that? And who knows if he's like that to the rest of the world, he might one day start acting that way to her, cos that would be the true him.

Tho I agree with that part you said she should have communicated with him. Communication is one if the greatest tool in marriage, relationship or friendship. Even business, let's just say in life
i actually agree with you that alex might once a good friend, but in every relationship there must be a line, you must still draw a line that this person is a human being and people tend to change and when there is change in a friend that calls for an alert, although i can see that Daniel trust alex too much.

about shade, i cant believe a relationship that has leads to marriage and you dont no atleast 80% if not 99.9% of your husband, like you dont no his past, how he met alex? the relationship between him and alex? that someone will come and pain your husband black and you cant find any word to think twice something might be wrong somewhere?
actually that how most relationship out there is? they hardly no things about each other, i once settled a fight between a guy and his girl friend, the lady use to call him most time when he is busy, anytime the lady calls when he is busy, he will pick and tell the lady he is busy, when the thing was getting to much the lady felt she was a burden to the guy and it was causing problem in the relationship, i had to ask the guy have you one time told this lady your schedule? did she knows your day to day activities? he said no, i was like she is your gf indeed

actually communication is just the key
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
zyzxx:
i actually agree with you that alex might once a good friend, but in every relationship there must be a line, you must still draw a line that this person is a human being and people tend to change and when there is change in a friend that calls for an alert, although i can see that Daniel trust alex too much.

about shade, i cant believe a relationship that has leads to marriage and you dont no atleast 80% if not 99.9% of your husband, like you dont no his past, how he met alex? the relationship between him and alex? that someone will come and pain your husband black and you cant find any word to think twice something might be wrong somewhere?
actually that how most relationship out there is? they hardly no things about each other, i once settled a fight between a guy and his girl friend, the lady use to call him most time when he is busy, anytime the lady calls when he is busy, he will pick and tell the lady he is busy, when the thing was getting to much the lady felt she was a burden to the guy and it was causing problem in the relationship, i had to ask the guy have you one time told this lady your schedule? did she knows your day to day activities? he said no, i was like she is your gf indeed

actually communication is just the key
That's the problem and it started from Daniel, he was the one who didn't draw a line in their relationship. He trusted him too much and Shade felt he could never be wrong.

And we don't know if Daniel told Shade about Alex other than she's his bestfriend and they went to the same school because I believe if not to him, Alex would have exhibited the same character to others and Daniel should have taken that as a clue and also include it in his description of Alex to Shade.
It might look like he's badmouthing his friend, but it's not. Shade is his wife who is likely to come in contact with Alex 70-80 if not 90% of their married life and it's even better she knows, so she would be able to draw a line in their relationship, know what to believe when he says something and most importantly be prepared in case something like this happen or she hears something about him.

I'm not blaming Shade for having doubts, she's human but she should have equally given her husband that benefit of doubt, she should have talked to him.

Like we both said, communication is the key

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2019
queenitee:

That's the problem and it started from Daniel, he was the one who didn't draw a line in their relationship. He trusted him too much and Shade felt he could never be wrong.

And we don't know if Daniel told Shade about Alex other than she's his best friend and they went to the same school because I believe if not to him, Alex would have exhibited the same character to others and Daniel should have taken that as a clue and also include it in his description of Alex to Shade.
It might look like he's badmouthing his friend, but it's not. Shade is his wife who is likely to come in contact with Alex 70-80 if not 90% of their married life and it's even better she knows, so she would be able to draw a line in their relationship, know what to believe when he says something and most importantly be prepared in case something like this happen or she hears something about him.

I'm not blaming Shade for having doubts, she's human but she should have equally given her husband that benefit of doubt, she should have talked to him.

Like we both said, communication is the key
yes, Daniel missed the point that his first best friend is his wife that most know everything about him... i feel your analysis cool thump up
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 16, 2019
Chapter Seven.

The next day came quicker than everyone had imagined. Shade sat nervously, waiting for the person she was supposed to meet 20 minutes ago.

She fidgeted. "What's keeping her?"

Alex strolled into the canteen and was surprised to see Shade there. He just spoke to Daniel and he mentioned something about her going to see her mum.

He was just about walking over to where she sat when a lady walked to her first. "Maybe it's her younger sister." he concluded and ordered his food. He went and sat at a secluded area behind her, where she couldn't see him but he could see her perfectly well.

He then realized that Daniel once told him that she had no younger sister and he began wondering who the lady was as they were all over each other, hugging and laughing excitedly.

"She can't be bisexual" he frowned at the thought.
When his food was brought to him, he pushed it aside and folded his arms, focusing his whole attention on Shade and the lady.

From where he sat, he saw Shade bring out money and something in a leather bag and handed it to the lady. He became more puzzled. Something was up. If not, why would she come there knowing fully well that her husband never visits the local canteen, obviously she was hiding from her husband.

He finally decided to do what brought him there; eat his food and mind his own business.

He was just half way into his meal, when he looked up and saw shade crying, with her head on the other lady's shoulder and right then, he made up his mind to find out what was wrong. After all, she was his friend's wife and he liked her too.

He finished his meal and sat quietly watching the two ladies. He prayed for them to quickly finish, so he would try out the plan he had just mapped out in his mind and see if it would work.

He smiled triumphantly when Shade took her bag and left.

"That was fast." he murmured. He didn't even know that God still listened to his prayers talk more of answering it.

The other lady stood up to go and he knew it was just time to put his plans into motion.

He hurriedly walked to her. "Hello beautiful lady."
The lady didn't even acknowledge his presence and he became angry at once but he did a good job of not showing it. He decided to try again. All ladies like to be told that they are beautiful. "My beautiful angel." he said as if he's ever heard of an ugly angel.

"Hey." she said, dryly.

He disliked her tone at once and decided to put in more effort, she was one tough one. "I'm Alex. I know words can't even describe how beautiful you are but I just had to come to you. You're a rare gem. A beauty queen, you don't even need to compete to be crowned Miss. World."

She turned to him, with a gentle smile.
He smiled back, knowing that his plans were working perfectly. "Can I please have your phone number?"

"What for?"

"I just want to keep in touch with you. Something tells me that I've seen my wife, the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh."

She threw her head back and laughed and he gave himself a thumbs up. If there was one thing he was very good at, this was it. "Your number please." he handed his phone to her and she took it and entered her phone number and handed it back.

"What's the beautiful name?"

"Nancy."

She made to walk away but he held her back. "Please, let me drop you off."

Gladly, she obliged and they walked to his car. She told him where she was heading to and he was glad to help, lucky for him, he could stop on the way back and see how his Miranda was faring.

Shade stopped right in front of her mother's house.

"Home sweet home." she muttered and stepped out of the car.

She smiled as she walked into the house. It definitely pays to have a female child. Because of her, her mum now enjoyed a comfortable duplex all to herself and even domestic helps at her beck and call. She was glad she married Daniel.

"Mummy." she called out to her mum.

"She's inside her room." one of the helps who ran out to collect her bags from her said. "Should I call her?"

"No, don't worry. Just bring that black bag. I will go and meet her myself."

She half walked, half ran to her mum's bedroom, like she normally did back then when she was younger. Her mum used to accuse her of being faster than her shadow.

"Mummy." she called when she approached the bedroom.

"Bring down my roof o." her mum joked when she got into the room.

Daniel fumed as he got ready to visit Amanda.

"This is stupid." He growled as he walked around his bedroom like a mentally deranged man. "why did I agree to this in the first place?" he asked nobody in particular.

Amanda had pleaded with him to come to her son's 4th birthday celebration. The son she had born when she cheated on him with one of his business partners.

"If not me who else will do this? God, why did I even agree to this?" he ground out, stamping his feet as he spoke.

Initially, he had agreed to it because of the innocent child, but now, he didn't want to do it anymore. Not for the child, not for Amanda, not for anyone. Going there would bring back memories, bad memories and he didn't want to walk down that lane.

"I can't do this. I owe her nothing." he muttered. Quickly, he pulled off the clothes he had worn earlier and kicked off his shoes.

Before he could even rest his back properly on the bed, his phone rang.

He frowned when he saw the caller's I.D

"Amanda, I'm on my way." he shouted and ended the call.

Like he was being remote controlled, he quickly pulled on his clothes and shoes and strolled down the stairs.
He still wasn't sure of what he was doing as he stood at the entrance to Amanda's house. She had earlier on given him the address.

He swallowed hard as he placed his hand on the door bell. His chest tightened, for some unfathomable reason he just couldn't walk away, the thought did occur to him but he waved it aside.

He tilted his head and closed his eyes. "Should I press it or not?" he debated in his mind but before he could even make up his mind, the door opened. He opened his eyes to see Amanda smiling up at him.

"Thanks for coming."

"No need to thank me. I'm only doing this for the innocent kid." he said, without feeling.

"Thanks. He's inside." She replied, coldly.

He flashed her a cold smile and walked in.

He pressed his lips tightly together as he walked on.
His nerves twisted. Just how did he get here? he thought. He and Amanda separated because she had gotten pregnant for someone else and now here he was, about to play daddy to the kid.

"He's inside." Amanda whispered behind him.

"I know." He glanced at her face and the memories of the past came flooding into his head again. "Lead the way." He didn't want to see her face, he just wanted to get it over with and leave.

She complied and led him to a room which turned out to be the kid's room.

"Daddy." the boy shouted and ran to him, with open arms.

Daniel tensed. He opened his arms but he wasn't thinking anymore. Maybe envy, guilt or whatever but when he held the boy in his arms he didn't want to let go.

"Daddy, I'm glad you came." the boy said, placing his tiny hands on his chest. "I'm happy to see you."

He thought of what to say in reply but nothing came. All he wanted was just to hold him tightly in his arms. That, he did as he placed his hand on his head and held him closely.

He could feel tears in his eyes. It looked like a father-son reunion, only that, this child...this particular son...wasn't his.

"Daddy, where's my birthday gift?" he asked and Daniel was brought out of his reverie.

He widened his eyes. Was he always this smart or Amanda had taught him all he would say to him?

"Uhm...uhm.." He stuttered.

"Josh, daddy bought you a bicycle and it's outside." Amanda put in and Josh clapped his hand.

"Daddy, thank you. God bless you."

Daniel was grateful to Amanda for saving the day. He had been so preoccupied with the thought of how he would play daddy to a child that wasn't his, that it didn't even occur to him that going for a birthday party also involved getting a gift for the celebrant.

"But, I didn't get him any..."

Amanda placed his hand on his shoulder. "Daniel, it's okay. Hey. Josh. Leave daddy alone. Your friends are already waiting."

"Is Tola and Victor there?" the boy asked, furrowing his brows.

Amanda smiled, she knew he wouldn't go if his best friends weren't there "Yes."

"Yeeeeeee." Josh clapped his hand in excitement. "Daddy, put me down."

Daniel gently put him down and he ran out.

"Nice kid you've got here." Daniel said, without feeling.

"Thanks." she replied, as tears welled up in her eyes.

"How much did you buy the bicycle?" he asked, with hope of refunding the money. He didn't want to take another person's glory.

"Forget it. I'm glad you came. I'm so ashamed right now. When he started asking me about his daddy, I felt so bad and I just had to show him your pictures. I'm sorry."

He nodded knowingly, "It's okay."

Suddenly, he felt bad for her. He could imagine the emotional trauma she goes through everyday not to talk of how hard it is to be a single mother with an inquisitive son.

"Daniel, I know you hate me but I'm so happy you came. I didn't know any other person I could have asked to help me with this." she said, raising her hand thankfully.
Before he could even respond, Josh came running in.

"Daddy, come out. My friends want to see you."

Josh held Daniel's hand and led him out to the backyard, where his little friends were.

"Hy everyone." he called out, his voice tiny and sharp. "Look at my daddy" he announced happily.

Daniel eyes welled up with tears and instantly, he wished he was truly the dad to the cute, little champion who looked so much like his beautiful mum. He stiffened. Curse Impotency. If not that the doctors had said he was infertile by now, he would have kids he would proudly call his own.

All the children started to talk excitedly and Josh held unto him proudly.

"Isn't he a cute daddy?" Josh asked one of the kids, in his tiny voice.

The child nodded yes and smiled.

Daniel look on with admiration and envy. Josh soon started pulling his hand.

"Let's go and see my best friend, Victor." He didn't even have the time to say no. Josh left him and ran towards his friends and he had no option but to follow suit.

He got there and stood like a statue, without knowing what else to do. He couldn't help but smile as Josh spoke on and on about him and the bicycle he got him.
The boy sure has the brain of a 30 year old!

"...Trust me, my dad will be at our next parents-teachers meeting." Josh bragged and Daniel's brain did a 360 degrees turn. He crouched and patted Josh's head. "I'm not sure I will be at your next parents-teachers meeting."

A second later and he regretted making that statement. A backward glance at him with a frown had him changing his mind. "OK. Fine. I will be there."

"Thanks Daddy."

"You're welcome son." Son? The word came out more smoothly than he had imagined. But still, it sounded awkward to him. Calling another man's child 'son' was something he never imagined he would ever do.

He compressed his lips and frowned as Amanda's approached. Rivers of thoughts flowed through him. Somehow, he no longer blamed Amanda for cheating on him. While they were dating, she had made it point clear to him that she wanted four kids and when she couldn't conceive after two years of marriage, it became a thing of worry for her. She went from worrying to being paranoid when she ---or rather they---found out he was the cause, then finally, she cheated and got pregnant, which led to their separation.

His frown deepened, he was upset with himself. He no longer saw her as an selfish and uncaring woman. He felt like the selfish one for making her unhappy.

As she approached, with a deep smile on her face. He couldn't help but feel more terrible. To him, what mattered most in life was happiness and he could see happiness written all over her. So, who was he to judge her for wanting to be happy?

"Josh, come. It's time to cut your cake."

"The Spongebob Squarepants cake?" he asked.

"Yes." she replied, smiling.

Josh smiled and hurried away before she even got to him. She looked at Daniel and held up her hand in appreciation.

A pang of guilt hit him. Suddenly, what he was doing no longer felt like a burden to him. He now felt like it was the least he could do, after making her so unhappy for all those years.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 16, 2019
Shade sat across from her mum, smiling like her life depended on it. She couldn't help but feel grateful to God for bringing Daniel her way. Her mum who used to look so slim before, was now sitting before her, looking so robust and glowing.

A thought came to her mind and she shuddered. Her mood changing immediately.

"Mummy, I need to leave now." she managed to say, as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Shade mi, the food is not even ready." he mum replied, amazed at her sudden attitude.

She managed to put up a smiling face. "I will be back for it next weekend. I just remembered I promised to go somewhere with my husband this evening and it's almost time." she explained, already at the door with her handbag in her hand.

"Greet my son for me." her mum said and stood up to accompany her to her car.

"Yes mummy." she nodded and walked out, as fast as her legs could carry her. She thanked God that her mum understood the message and didn't follow her.
While in her car. She buried her head in her hands.

God, how did she end up in such a miserable situation?
She mustered enough strength and drove away. Before her mum would bring her concerned self out to ask questions. Terrible was an understatement for how she felt. He mum was already leading a problem free life, having fought cancer head on and overcame it. She didn't want to be the source of another problem.

She drove into a popular eatery, hoping to get ice-cream and some other junks that would help cool her head and erase the stupid thoughts she was having.
She entered and placed her order.

While waiting for it, she started to look around the eatery. She's been there so many times in the past but she just needed something to get her mind off her problems. He eye fell on someone and her heart pounded painfully in her chest.

Oops! Could this day get any worse?

She turned and walked out of the eatery, hoping he didn't see her but she was wrong, seconds later, she heard him, calling after her, with that baritone voice that she once fell in love with.

"Shade, Shade." he called but she ignored and you walked faster. He ran after her and soon caught up with her. He sighed in relief and held her hand from behind.

She spun around and a hot slap landed painfully on his left cheeks. "You miserable creature. How dare you?"

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 9:09am On Jan 16, 2019
Hmmmm

Tanks for the update Ma'am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2019
Many secrets and twists

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 9:41am On Jan 16, 2019
that alex is a crook... many secret to be unraveled, i wish Daniel Could be the father of josh.

Shade is giving devil more room to scatter her home, i wish she get it write before is too late because she is taking wrong steps and one is leading to other that it will be to hard for her to trace back her step.

tanks for the update, you are indeed driving us
Re: Ghost Of The Past by FortunateB(f): 10:40am On Jan 16, 2019
Though I came in late I refuse to ignore a story from our very own KimberlyWest.

After the blockbuster "Love Hiccups" we didn't hear from you again, but it's understandable cause you went for something meaningful in life.

There are some writers I can't ignore their stories and you are one of them, babe you rock, keep the fire burning.

Just a few chapters and I can feel KimberlyWest doing something she is truly good at.

I noticed some mixed up in names though, where Daniel was supposed to be written Alex was written instead.

More wisdom on your brain and more data on your sim. Welcome back babe and thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by izaray(f): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2019
Too many suspense

Thanks for the update op
Re: Ghost Of The Past by PrudySara(f): 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2019
Too many secrets...
Nice one Kim!!
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Halyma(f): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
Kimberly!!! You are really trying, may God continue to strengthen you. Logged in and saw loads of update.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by damselposh(f): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
Well done
Re: Ghost Of The Past by teel123(f): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
Kimberly West I hail oooooo. Nndewo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Weakness Or Strength? A Must Read Motivational Story!!!!! / Diary Of A Psycho Girlfriend ...a Romance Series / 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.