Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44356 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 23, 2019
Chapter Ten

Daniel wasn't having any of what the officer was saying.

"He's our prime suspect. I'm sorry."

"He's my best friend." Daniel corrected.

"How many people did you tell you were travelling?"
"Two. My wife and Alex." Daniel seethed.

"How many were aware?"

"Four. The two people I was going to meet, my wife and Alex."

Daniel didn't like the direction the questions were heading to at all. How could they accuse Alex of being responsible for what happened to him that day?

"Do you think the two people you were travelling to meet had any reason to not want you to be alive."

"No, they would even profit more from the business than I, so they have absolutely no reason to kill me." he frowned, "likewise Alex."

"I'm sorry sir but we have to bring your friend in for questioning. He seem to be our only suspect for now."

The last sentence infuriated Daniel the more. "You know what?" he screamed, attracting the attention of other people in the eatery.

"Please lower your voice."

He looked around and forced himself to calm down. "Just stop the investigation already if this is how it will go."

That said, he took his keys and walked out.

Alex phone rang and he picked it up triumphantly.

"Good news," he whispered before answering the call.

"Boss, we've been waiting since. No show o." he heard."

The joy he felt earlier vanished like vapour into thin air.
He ended that particular call and dialed Daniel's number.

It started to ring. No answer!

He dialed it for the second time.

It rang again. No answer still!

"Another carefully mapped out plan failed woefully." he muttered, trying to mask his anger with a small smile.

"The next one definitely won't fail. I promise."

He walked dejectedly to his bedroom. Daniel's 'chi' must be really strong, he thought.

A small mischievous smile touched his face when he remembered his appointment with Shade later in the evening, at least if he can't get Daniel directly, he would do it indirectly through the people around him.

He laid on the bed praying for evening to come soon.

Daniel struggled to get his mind off the things the officer said. Despite the fight he put up back there, a part of him beloved what the man said. Alex was beginning to give him mixed signals. Just the other day, he could literally see the anger on Alex's face when he was telling him about his new business plan and to make matters worse, Alex left without saying anything concerning the business plan. He just got angry over nothing and left.

Yeah, Alex was sometimes like that, but that day was something else. There was something about that day.

"Daddy," josh voice brought him out of his thoughts.
He literally forgot he was in his car, parked outside Amanda's compound.

"Josh, Little champ, how are you?" he came out and carried the kid up in his arms.

"I'm fine daddy. Mummy bought me a new shoe. Come let me show you."

The kid jumped down and dragged him by the hand.

He followed him inside like a lamb about to be slaughtered. Just the kind of distractions he needed.

After his meeting with the officer. He didn't want to go home and he didn't want to go back to office nor go to Alex's house, all he could think of was Amanda's house.

Amanda came out to greet him, wearing this sweet smile he hasn't seen on her face for a very long time.

"You look worried. Any problem?"

He thought of lying to her but quickly dismissed the idea.

He scratched his head. "Yes. A big one. I'm so confused right now."

"Josh go and get chocolates from the fridge." Amanda called out to Josh.

He smiled and left.

Amanda sat down and beckoned on Daniel to sit next to her.

He did as instructed.

"Tell me about it."

He sighed and looked straight at the floor. "I really really, don't know." he raised his face to meet hers. "I don't really know the kind of people I have around me any more."

"What happened this time around?"

"You remember the incident at the airport." Amanda nodded in affirmation. "well, the officer in charge of the case called to tell me about his findings."

"And what was it?"

"That Alex was responsible."

She gasped. "What? Is he sure? I mean...how could he say such?" Amanda was beyond shocked. She never liked Alex but she never thought he was that bad.

"He said he's sure but I don't believe him. Alex is my best friend. He's not capable of such evil."

Just then a knock sounded on the door.

"Wait a minute. Let me get it." Amanda said and went to the door.

A few seconds later, she showed up with a man by her side. A fine man at that.

"Daniel, my boss Richard." Amanda said. "Sir, Daniel, my ex-husband."

The two men shook hands as Amanda excused herself to get drinks from the fridge.

Daniel's mind was no longer on what brought him to Amanda's house but on the kind of look Richard was giving Amanda.

He didn't like that at all. Who goes to visit his employees?

He threw a glance at his fingers. No ring.

Danger alert!

"Are they seeing each other?" he asked inwardly. The thought of that irritated him.

Amanda soon came out carrying a bottle of wine and glasses.

"Thanks for coming sir." she started. "I sincerely appreciate."

"It's nothing. You're like my best employee, I would have come earlier if not for the crazy schedule I had. Considering the fact that the kidnapper used my name to get to you. It would be heartless of me not to come here to see you and Josh. Phone calls is just not enough"

Daniel saw Amanda blush. His face turned green with envy.

"You already did more than visiting by asking me to stay at home for at least a month."

Daniel just sat, listening to the conversation and looking from Amanda to the so called boss.

"What are the police saying?" the boss asked.

"They found the dead body of the supposed leader of the gang but the whereabouts of the other two is what they can't say for now."

"At least, they are heading somewhere."

Daniel decided to leave. The conversation and eye movements were becoming too personal and he didn't want to intrude.

"Amanda, I think I need to go now," he said, already standing up.

Amanda moved to stop him. "No, no, at least take something before you leave."

"No thanks. Maybe some other time." he flashed her a cool smile and walked out.

What brought him didn't matter to him any more. All he wanted to know was the other kind of relationship between Amanda and her boss.

He entered his car and drove off. Perfect time to leave for his house before he saw something else.

Shade stirred in her sleep. Her husband's loud honk had woken her up. She didn't even know when she fell asleep.

The last thing she remembered was crying her eyes out.

"Welcome baby," she said to Daniel the moment he walked into the bedroom.

"Are you okay?"

Something was up. Definitely. She wasn't supposed to be at home, aside that, her eyes were red and swollen.

"I'm fine." she managed to say and laid down back.

"No, you're not. Did anything happen at work? Is it your boss or colleague?"

He was genuinely concerned for her and he wasn't about to believe the 'I'm fine' crap. She was not fine and he knew it.

"It's none of that. I'm fine. It's just headache, severe one."

He heaved a sigh of relief, he thought it was something worse. "Have you taken drugs?"

"I did."

He walked to her and placed a hand over her. "You seriously need to go for check up. This constant headache is seriously beginning to get out of hand."

"I had that in mind. I will go this evening."

"Sure?"

"Sure."

He planted a kiss on her cheeks and left her to go change his clothes.

"Why are you home by this time of the day?"

"I don't know why I couldn't concentrate on my work today." he undid his tie and dropped it aside. "there was just something on my mind I couldn't put a finger to."

"Did Alex stop by at your office today?"

"No, why?"

"Nothing."

His sixth sense told him that it was more than nothing but he brushed it aside.

"I want to go out later. I really need to know what's wrong with me and sort things out."

"No problem. If you need anything, you know what to do."

He was seriously concerned about her well-being and with his condition, she couldn't possibly be pregnant. With that ruled out. He was also interested in knowing why she was constantly falling sick, so they could treat it before it got out of hand.

"Let's go downstairs, I'm sure lunch is ready."

She stood up and started downstairs.

"Let me just shower, I will be right down with you." Daniel said.

"Alright."

He had so many things on his mind. His thoughts was totally in disarray. What better place to put things in order if not in the bathroom, under the cold shower?
He soon stepped out of the shower after realising that their relationship was not any of his business and the jealousy was normal. After all, he had his own wife. He long moved on despite the hurt and it would only be normal for her to move on too.

He went downstairs to join his wife at the table. After eating, they sat down to enjoy a wonderful romantic movie.

Shade kept on staring at the wall clock praying that the time would move slower while she comes up with a plan to get Alex to let her be without making her secret open.

If wishes were horse...

Before long it was time.

Time to go meet Alex...in a hotel room.

"Baby, I want to go to the hospital now." she said, still cuddling her husband.

"Hope you'll be back on time?"

"Definitely," she was so sure she would come back soon. At least she's got a plan in her head already even though it's one she would regret it if anything went wrong. But she was so sure everything was going to be just fine. She would show Alex that two can play the game.

She left her husband and quickly got dressed.

Ten minutes later, she was on her way out.

She drove first to the market to get what she would need... Something very important.

Then she drove to Kings eatery.

She needed to calm her nerves.

She ordered for a plate of ice cream. If her plans were going to go like she anticipated, she needs something to calm her nerves and no better thing than ice cream.

"Hello," a masculine voice which she recognised very well said to her. "Shade."

The ice cream in her mouth sudddenly turned sour.

"Ayomide?" that didn't come out the way she expected nor wanted. She wanted to scream at him and strangle him for putting her into this trouble but she couldn't.
He grabbed a seat and sat next to her.

She breathed heavily and grabbed her bag and left.
God! Not today of all days.

Why would she see him today?

"Shade, Shade, Shade..." he kept on screaming after her

"What?" she screamed. "What do you want? Haven't you ruined my life enough?"

By this time, there was already tears in her eyes.

"Shade," he walked to her and tried to touch.

"If you touch me, I will kill you. You evil man."

"Shade, I've been looking for you for years now." he voiced out. "why are you acting like I killed someone?"

"Looking for me?" she was boiling wth rage. Before she could steady her thoughts, her right palm connected with his cheeks.

He definitely wasn't expecting the slap.

He held his cheeks. "I'm sorry for whatever wrong I've done to you. I'm sincerely sorry."

Shade could tell that he was being sincere.

But...

She didn't want to trust him like she did the last time.

Once is a mistake and twice is foolishness.

"What do you want from me?" she asked with all the courage she could muster.

"Shade listen to me please. Just five minutes."

"Two."

"Four please,"

"Three,"

"Alright, three. Thanks Shade. Can we sit down somewhere and talk."

She agreed and followed him, after all she also had things she wanted to say to him.

They went back into the eatery.

"...I searched facebook, instagram, I searched everywhere for you."

"I'm not a fan of social networks." she found herself explaining.

"Your friends?"

"I don't have friends. They all deserted me when you got me pregnant." she said with anger. Luckily she managed to look calm and coordinated.

"Pregnant?"

"Yes, pregnant. When you slept with me. What were you expecting?"

"I thought there was pro...I thought we used...Oh my God. I'm so sorry Shade."

"It's nothing to be sorry about. I got pregnant and you didn't want it. It's normal. It happens every time. We women are always at the receiving end."

"Shade, I'm being honest. I didn't know you were pregnant," he held her hands. "I'm being totally sincere."

"Don't lie to me please," she withdrew her hands. " Don't bother lying to me."

She started to sob.

...I was so young and helpless, I knew that premarital sex was a sin but for you I compromised and what did you do? You left me knowing I had no one to run to. You won but not totally. At least, I graduated. Married a rich man and I'm leading my dream life."

He drew his chair closer to hers. "I know you don't believe me but I'm saying the truth. I never knew you were pregnant."

"I left countless messages for you. You always refused to pick whenever I called until finally, your number stopped going through."

She painfully remembered those times. The pain, the fears, the rejection she experienced at that point in her life all because of him. She wanted to grab him by the neck and strangle him but that would make it look like she hasn't gotten over the whole thing but she wouldn't give him that satisfaction. She was determined to act strong even though she was ripping apart from the inside.

Ayomide sat staring at the women he fell in love with, years ago, the black beauty who he still loves despite the diamond ring on her fourth finger. He wanted to cry, imagining the pain she went through, the pain he put her through.

"I'm sorry Shade." he sighed. He wanted to...he needed to make her believe him..."I lost my phone before I even left Nigeria. I guess the person who stole it continued using my SIM card until only God knows who advised him to change it."

"You expect me to believe that crap you just spat out?"

"I'm saying the truth. Believe me Shade. Please."

"Let's say your phone got lost. So, you mean to tell me you just folded your hands and didn't do anything?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I don't have much on the SIM so I just let it go, I didn't try to retrieve it, I didn't try to block it. I just folded my hands and did nothing."

"You're a bad liar."

She stood up and picked up her hand bag and left him.
He stood up and ran after her again.

"Believe me, it's the truth. You know how careless I am."

She turned and gave him a tight smile. "I'm no longer that naive university you once knew. Just go to hell and never come back."

"Shade, I'm serious." he caught up with her. "how do I prove to you that I'm not lying?"

"Go to hell Ayomide. You've made enough mess already." she continued walking. Thank God she was wearing a flat sandals.

"I'm ready to clean up my own mess."

She laughed and walked to him. She was angry at him. She wanted to tear him apart with her bare hands.

"While not follow me to Mifes hotel and sleep with a Certain Alex, so he wouldn't tell my husband that I have child."

"What?" That shocked him. "don't tell me you will do such thing."

"Do I have a choice?"

"Shade mi, this is not you. You're more intelligent and upright than this."

"Uh, uh. Nobody considers a lady who got pregnant in the university upright. Everybody will just assume she was a prostitute."

"You know you're not. Shade, don't do this. I promise to make things right."

"You?" she laughed.

"Yes, me. I promise to shoulder all of my responsibilities. I am here now. Enjoy your marriage and let me take care of my child"

It took everything in him to say the last part. it was still a shock to him.

"Your child? You don't even know his name or what he looks like. Don't tell me you think I believe all that crap you vomited back there."

His eyes was already moist. "It's the truth shade. I can't lie to you."

"Oh. Tell me something I don't know. You got me pregnant, left me and now you're back, expecting me to crawl to you and worship you for all the wonderful things you've done. Right?

She laughed wickedly.

....You must be out of your mind. Do you know how many friends deserted me right after I found out I was pregnant? All my friends. Even the ones I've seen do countless abortions. Even the ones that sleep with every Tom, Dick and Harry they come across. I contemplated suicide. I ask God to take my life countless number of times. Now, you expect me to run into your arms. God forbid, not after all you put me through."

"I'm not asking for that. I'm just asking for forgiveness."

"No, you won't get it. You won't get it from me." she walked to him so their skins could teach. "I don't mind killing you just to protect my son."

He didn't flinch. He knew he deserved it. "I'm sorry Shade."

"Sorry for yourself. I'm leaving."

He held her hand. "Don't do it please. You're more than this."

"Who are you to preach to me?"

"He's also my son. Remember, I put you in this kind of trouble."

"Thanks pastor. I don't have a choice."

"Yes, you do. Just tell your husband."

She looked at him. "Before you tell my husband. I think you need to tell my mother first."

She turned and walked to her car and drove off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 6:50am On Jan 23, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Hope your Dan hasn't disappointed you? grin
I will not judge him yet, no no Daniel isn't like that. I'm in a state of denial grin grin grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by aprilwise(m): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2019
The second title of this story is Sins of the past. It caughting up with everyone. Thanks
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 9:01am On Jan 23, 2019
Sleeping with Alex ain't an option, but opening up to Daniel and her Mum is a better one. Bcs once she makes the mistake of sleeping with that devil, the blackmail continues and once the whole thing gets exposed.....Dan will never forgive her neither will she forgive herself.

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by izaray(f): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2019
Madam Shade just open up to ur husband
Re: Ghost Of The Past by do4luv14(m): 11:06am On Jan 23, 2019
AYOMIDE you must help her, follow her to that hotel, do anything in your power to distract her,
she must not sleep with that chameleon

follow her , I repeat follow her, and stop her,

bia, KIMBERLYWEST so I no dry special, abi

issookkeeeyyy make ah dey go
Re: Ghost Of The Past by BlessedNiel: 11:17am On Jan 23, 2019
For how long is Shade going to continue piling up lies to cover up lies?
I like the way you twist the story.
Makes it almost impossible to predict a character's next line of action.
I'm enjoying it
KUDOS
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 12:32pm On Jan 23, 2019
Shade should stop all these unnecessary drama and tell her husband the truth before committing another unforgivable offence with Alex. Nice update Kim.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2019
Shade needs to be wife, she must not follow the situation to make her decision else she will fall into a pit which she will find it hard to come out from...

Good job Kimberlywest, more grace ma'am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by uchesmith14: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2019
Nice one..... thumbs up.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by ekwuemeuzo(m): 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kimberlywest is back, a masterpiece in the making.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Silensa(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2019
do4luv14:
AYOMIDE you must help her, follow her to that hotel, do anything in your power to distract her,

bia, KIMBERLYWEST so I no [b][/b]dry [b][/b]special, abi

You dry oo like Bone.
must you put mouth in Everything? The way Ann2012 and I run our package shouldn't concern you.

Ma'am Kim Keep the good work up. I will comment when I wake up from dreamland

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2019
Alex walked about his bedroom, throwing everything in his way. He was really furious. Even Miranda kept her distance. She could tell he was in no mood to talk to her or anyone. So as usual, she went out to meet her friend who lived across the street.

Alex punched the wall angrily. He totally underestimated her and look where it landed him
If he had known she was that terrible, he would have been more careful.

He couldn't imagine his whole plans failing woefully just because of her.

Shade on the other hand was living her best life.
She was getting ready for dinner at one of the best resturant in town with her husband when her phone rang.

"Hello," she smiled and handed the phone to her husband. "baby, it's Alex, I think he wants to tell you something."

Daniel gave her a puzzled look before collecting the phone. His phone was working perfectly fine, why didn't Alex call him?

Few seconds later, he handed the phone back to her.
What the he say?"

"He's still on the line." Daniel informed her. "he just wanted to say hi,"

Shade smiled. She had Alex exactly where she wanted him. "Alex thanks for calling. I would have loved to stay but my husband and I have a dinner date at Miko's Hotel. Gotta run. Thanks for calling."

She winked at her husband and dropped the phone on the bed.

They soon finished dressing and walked out hand in hand.

Alex hurriedly put on his clothes. He was mad...teribly mad at himself, his libido and his brain for coming up with crappy ideas at times.

He wouldn't be in this mess if he hadn't ogled Shade's body or wanted her in his bed.

He sat outside watching them eat while Shade giggled like she's won a lottery.

Anger sliced through him.

A gentle tap on his shoulder brought him out of his reverie.

He gave the lady a puzzled look, at the same time, admiring her body which wasn't really hidden.

She wore a skirt that didn't hide much of her thighs and a top that revealed half her cleavage. Despite the rude interruption, he liked what he was looking at.

"Naomi," she offered, fully aware of what he was doing, although anybody could have noticed it.

"Alex."

"Oh, I know who you are already." he stared at her in amazement. Amazed that she knew him even though he didn't remember meeting her any where and also amazed at her boldness.

"Do you?"

"Drink?"

He wouldn't miss this opportunity. It doesn't come often. "Yes." At least he had something to get his mind off Shade and the way she really messed up his plans
She pointed at the opposite restaurant. "Let's go there."

He agreed and followed her, staring blindly at her behind.

"I know you like what you see." she said to him as soon as they sat down.

He smirked. Just his kind of girl.

"I'm Naomi," she fixed her gaze on him, intently. "I have a proposal that you would like."

Wow! He smiled. He's impressed. Smart and well endowed.

"Bring it on miss. I like to do business with beautiful women." he smiled again. They always end up in his bed.
A waiter brought their food and set it before them and left. "This isn't exactly business but it's still business cuz there's so much benefit." she dug into her plate of fried rice and looked at the opposite building. "You don't want that marriage and I don't want it either. Daniel is mine."

He gasped and opened his eyes widely in shock. Genuine shock. "Daniel? Who are you exactly?."

"I'm Naomi," She answered with a small smile.

He took it that she wasn't much of a talker. "Well, Naomi, I like what you bring to the table but, you seem to forget that Amanda is also in the picture."

She looked at him without saying anything.

"His ex-wife." he supplied.

"She's my friend."

Alex was beyond shocked when he heard it. "She is?" More of a repeating it to himself statement than a question.

"She is and Daniel was mine before she took him away and now I want him back."

"He's not some kind of toy." Alex reminded her.

She ignored him and continue eating her food.

Alex sat, chewing his food absentmindedly. He was starting to like her already and he wouldn't mind a night in bed with her. But then, who was she really. He made a mental note to ask Daniel about her later.

"So why do you hate Daniel?"

The question came unexpectedly and Alex almost spat out the food in his mouth.

"Why do you hate Daniel?" she asked again. Not minding the earlier effect of the question on him.

"I don't exactly hate him and who are you exactly?"

"Alex, if we are going to work together. I have to know certain things."

"I'm not sure I've agreed to this team work. You could be a spy, maybe the police sent you." another thought popped up in his head. "you could be a private investigator too."

She laughed in a quiet and wicked manner. "Let me see." she tapped gently on the table. "When Alex was shot, there were two bullets, did you ever wonder why cuz from my investigation, your man only fired one shot"

Alex nodded yes, staring at the dangerous woman before him. He was starting to know her better.

"Well, Emy, my then lover was responsible for the second one." she hissed. "Emy of blessed memory."
"What happened to him?"

"You will know later. I'm just letting you know that I'm not with the police neither am I a private investigator. I just want Daniel and I'm doing all I can to get him.

Alex took the bottle of water before him and gulped down all of it content. Probably, to digest all the information he's just gotten. The lady was really dangerous, more dangerous than he earlier thought.
She threw a quick glance at him. "I was there when he was shot, I was with him when he was in the hospital too."

Too much information already. "Miss, from all indications, you intended killing him because that bullet almost pierced his heart."

She acknowledged and sips her drink. "Not exactly. I just wanted a situation where I will be alone with him, so he can know what he's missing. Unfortunately, Emy never obeyed me. I'm just glad he didn't die. What would I have done without him?" she looked dreamily at the opposite restaurant.

Alex hissed in irritation. "Miss, I don't really get this arrangement. You want what I want to get rid off."

"Don't worry, I thought of that before coming to you. Just work with me and we will both have our ways."

She stretched her right hand at him. "Deal or no deal."
He looked at her outstretched hand and smiled before taking it. "Deal."

Naomi inwardly jumped triumphantly. It was so easy. Having done a background check on him. She thought it would be hard to get him to agree to her proposal.

Alex relaxed on his chair, staring at the lady before him. He had thought she was a random girl. She never thought she was a lady on a mission.

"So, tell me what's the plan?" he asked. "And how did you find out about me."

She regarded him keenly and smiled. "I'm everywhere man and I know you very well. That's all you should know."

Few seconds later, he burst out laughing.

Where has she been all this while, he thought silently.
He walked her to the parking lot.

"My car is over there," she pointed out.

"You're rich?" he asked. "Why then do you want Daniel?"
"I'm not rich." she scowled at him. "and Daniel has always been mine, he just failed to notice."

"Obsession" Alex murmured.

"It's called taking charge of what's mine." she corrected as they walked to her car.

He raised his hand in mock surrender. Her obsession, love or whatever she called it was none of his business. All he craved for was revenge.

Shade couldn't stop laughing at her husband's jokes.

She felt light, having put Alex where he belonged.
She couldn't help but grin when she remembered how it all played out.

As usual, she had walked into the hotel, wearing a skimpy gown. She had changed in the car. If she wanted Alex to believe he was having his way with her, she had to dress to look it.

"Alex," she walked in and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I thought of everything and trust me I would do anything to keep my secret safe for the sake of my marriage."

"Now you're talking." he answered grinning from ear to ear like a fool.

"What do you want me to do." she walked to the table and dropped her bag and her phone. Unknown to Alex, she turned on the sound recorder. As against her original plan of poisoning him.

"Well, my bed is lonely without you and trust me when I say, I've wanted you from the very first time I set my eyes on you. Your backside, your everything, I want them all. If you please me, I won't breath a word of your secret to Daniel." he blabbed on and she rolled her eyes in disgust.

"Deal." she muttered and turned to him with all the buttons on her dress, open. She watched him swallow hard and she smiled triumphantly.

"Sure?" he asked, sitting up."

"If I wasn't sure. I won't be here."

He rose and walked to where she stood and held her by the waist.

"I love what I see." he muttered, probably to himself.
She pushed away his hand playfully but inside she was rolling her eyes in disgust. "We will get down to business but first you have to tell me some things."

"What?" he asked, angry at the interruption.

"Why don't you like my husband?"

He looks at for some seconds. "He was sleeping with my ex, Miranda's mum."

Shade gasped, trying to process the information. Daniel certainly isn't that kind of person, she thought quietly. "Are you sure?"

"I saw them."

She nods. Her defences had weakened a bit, when she asked, she wasn't expecting that kind of information. "What else?"

"We do the same business and he's richer. In short, he's rich and I'm poor. He shouldn't be richer than me. It shouldn't be that way. We should be equal."

That's because you spend your money on women and alcohol. She thought but instead she said "some people are blessed."

"He's not blessed, he's lucky."

"So you want to ruin him cuz he's lucky?"

"Yes and with you by my side, that would be faster and trust me. We will share his wealth, 50:50. I'm happy I finally gained your trust. Work with me and you will never regret it."

She smiled warmly at him. "Is that all?"

He came closer and held her by the waist. "That should be all." he muttered.

She turned away from him and started to button up. "I will relay all what you said to my husband. I'm sure he will be impressed."

To say that Alex was shocked would be an understatement. He was mad, mad at himself for easily getting played by her and she could tell.
She waved her phone at him and left with a mischievous smile.

Daniel's voice brought her back to present.

"huh,"

"Do you want any other thing?"

"No, not at all. I think I will like to go now."

Daniel's gave her his observatory stare and waved at the waiter to go. "Hope there's no problem?"

"There isn't." she whispered. "Baby, let's go home." she winked at him and Daniel understood the message.

"Home it is then, my queen." he rose and stretched his hand towards her.

She took it with a smile.

They walked out hand in hand.

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2019

I'm hating Alex and Naomi
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2019
Well done Kim
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Temmuizza(f): 9:07pm On Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for the update ma am,really appreciate this,my heart was already doing gbim gbim,tot shade gonna b gullible enuf to gv DAT chameleon her body,buh dis update calmed me Ali tu,buh d storm is nt ova ,thumbs up kim,and ave sweet dream
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Thobiy(m): 10:35pm On Jan 23, 2019
Well Done Op, Nice Story You've Got Here

This Will Be Interesting Let Me Pitch My Tent Here. Op Hope I Will Not Be Dissappointed
Re: Ghost Of The Past by uchesmith14: 12:10am On Jan 24, 2019
@kimberlyWest thanks 4 the update..... this storyline is really unpredictable, thumbs up!
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Kaycee9242(m): 3:57am On Jan 24, 2019
nice one Kimberly keep it coming dear
Re: Ghost Of The Past by perfect25(m): 8:02am On Jan 24, 2019
shade better be fast before its too late....thanks for d update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by izaray(f): 9:49am On Jan 24, 2019
Kimberly nothing should happen to Daniel pls undecided

You're doing a good work, kudos
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Divineroyalty(f): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2019
Weldone ma'am.
Nice story you've got here.
Keenly following.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2019
Naomi and Alex sha wants to destroy Daniel. Wickedness everywhere. Thanks for the update Kim.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
aprilwise:
The second title of this story is Sins of the past. It caughting up with everyone. Thanks

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
Ann2012:
Sleeping with Alex ain't an option, but opening up to Daniel and her Mum is a better one. Bcs once she makes the mistake of sleeping with that devil, the blackmail continues and once the whole thing gets exposed.....Dan will never forgive her neither will she forgive herself.

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
LightQueen:
Thanks for the update

Welcome Queenie

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
izaray:
Madam Shade just open up to ur husband

cheesy Tell her again o

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
do4luv14:

bia, KIMBERLYWEST so I no dry special, abi

No o, you're very very special sweetie. wink

Don't mind me.

I'm sorry baby. Please come back.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
BlessedNiel:
For how long is Shade going to continue piling up lies to cover up lies?
I like the way you twist the story.
Makes it almost impossible to predict a character's next line of action.
I'm enjoying it
KUDOS

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
Treasure17:
Shade should stop all these unnecessary drama and tell her husband the truth before committing another unforgivable offence with Alex. Nice update Kim.

Thanks dear.

Communication is the key!
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2019
zyzxx:
Shade needs to be wife, she must not follow the situation to make her decision else she will fall into a pit which she will find it hard to come out from...

Good job Kimberlywest, more grace ma'am

Thanks dear. Just so you know I never forget my cake o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Weakness Or Strength? A Must Read Motivational Story!!!!! / Diary Of A Psycho Girlfriend ...a Romance Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.