Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) (48233 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Marriage Introduction In Yoruba Land - What Is Expected Of The Groom To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Helju: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
The guy is stocking up his shop and celebrating it. Which kind marriage?
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Kollymarshall: 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Na by 'voice', sorry force to marry?
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by DavidLion(m): 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
why do yoruba guys mine skulls ...even tho all u need to fùck an afonja girl is 1 cup of ewedu and pepper...whats their excuse?

You'll also need to have real balls!!!
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by nkwuocha: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
This is not even outrageous.This wrappers cost less than 2k .And from the look of things,this is not a mere introduction but the fullfilment of lists.Still that shouldn't rule out the fact that many can't afford it.....I think Yoruba ladies are better for marriage.You won't spend much...and may get two more for free.

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Kollymarshall: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Na by force?
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Papaaldrich: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
This is complete business, na just to find shop or space start material business with chilled drinks as supporting business. I rather collect 100 strokes of cane to marry the woman I love than pay all this to her family come still pay bride price ,plus traditional marriage and wedding .

2 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2019
and the bride will cheat after collecting all this
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
ekestic1976:
All those items can NEVER compare in value to a beautiful Igbo damsel nurtured in the way of her people.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by QueenEsther1: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
IMO State is a choice destination for wify cool
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by nonyjay(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
My brother, so sorry to disappoint you.

That was before. Could be influence of civilization or interaction with other ethnic groups.

Another factor could be university education:that place they call university is becoming fast a curse than a blessing... Hey I am a university graduate too, masters level.

I've seen igbo ladies...they spent millions marrying
...Run away when going was tough. Some start cheating from day one.

Hey, I am igbo by the way. And I'm married with kids to the most wonderful women, not ibo. You can be lucky like me... Pray and watch..

.I know some ethnic groups and localities ( some igbo areas too) stay in marriage due to their tradition having consequence management... but I wont mention them here. Family matters too.. But find out about your partner in person... friends and association can change every narrative!

uote author=lonelydora post=74627134]All of you bashing Igbos with their list, are you people aware there is something called Tradition?

Could it be these lists is why Igbo women stay in marriage no matter the situation. They don't cheat, they don't run away when the situation goes wrong.

Igbo amaka. Marry an Igbo woman and have absolute peace in your marriage.

IGBO AMAKA![/quote]
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:
All of you bashing Igbos with their list, are you people aware there is something called Tradition?

Could it be these lists is why Igbo women stay in marriage no matter the situation. They don't cheat, they don't run away when the situation goes wrong.

IGBO AMAKA!

Is it not the same igbo women littered all around Nigeria doing ashawo work.rubbish

Fateful my ass.

Even here I am in ogun state I can take u to where I c your sisters every night by d road.
Prostitutes hahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hizzy:

My brother if you marry Yoruba na still the same thing
Because every year the family of your Wife will be doing Owambe and they will bring a list of what you will buy for the occasion so it's almost the same
In Imo you pay once but in Yoruba you pay yearly

So igboz don't do owambe?undecided

2 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hizzy:

Do you know that many of una woman no de their Husbands House
93% of the Alajia do leave their Husband waka since
Some don already marry like 5times in a year

Very funny.grin

Are you happy now?
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
hisgrace090:

If you impregnate anambra state daughter the bride price will double or you leave the child and their daughter for them as they will happily receive the child back as one of them.

What if an outsider impregnates their daughter, does it apply as well? undecided
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
PrinceBBlack:
I dont know y we deceive ourselves... if i were the guy, no problem. I pay marry the wife and that is all that can ever go to the family afterall this should be enough for the lifetime. If they ask me for money, I will tell them I dont have and i am still paying the loan i took for the items and brideprice/wedding. Its not hard

This will be the start of your marital problems coz they will think you don't wanna help. wink
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
fykes:
It beats me why a grown man will complain about marriage lists.
Granted sometimes families want to extort u when they are either greedy or acutely poor.
But then.. That's often the exception.
So guys if she's worth it, pay the price!!
Your concern should be is she worth it? And what is the opportunity cost of marrying her?

You just carry economic principles enter marriage matter. grin

Wehdon sir. smiley
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by atikuobi2019nig: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2019
Igbo girls are beautiful, by the grace of God the money or what ever list they wants the present to me is not a problem, my issue here is there is this particular place they imbaise my girlfriend is from there and all my friends from the east advised me to run away, they told me that place is not a good place , how through is this please ¿

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by harriet412(f): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:
All of you bashing Igbos with their list, are you people aware there is something called Tradition?

IGBO AMAKA!

Damage control grin grin

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by smokeyupu(m): 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]THEY MIGHT NOT RUN AWAY BUT THEY CHEAT VERY WELL...I CAN PERSONALLY TESTIFY TO WHAT I EXPERIENCED IN UMUAHIA SOME YEARS BACK[[b][/b]

IGBO AMAKA!
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by smokeyupu(m): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
tstx:
To fully understand why Bride has come to stay in Nigeria, read the article below...
5 Reasons Why Bride Price is an Important Part of African Marriages

STOP THAT NONSENSE! AFTER ALL THESE YOU GO COME MY HOUSE AND EXPECT ME TO GIVE YOU GOOD RECEPTION? GUY! WOMEN PAY BRIDE PRICE IN INDIA AND HEAVENS NO FALL..... THAT'S WHY GENEVIEVE NEVER MARRY TILL NOW COS THE PRICE GO REACH MOON AS PER MBAISE WAYS

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Crenzywilliams(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
E b like the babe family wan start to tile selling store na. Make una reason am
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by hisgrace090: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
omooba969:

What if an outsider impregnates their daughter, does it apply as well? undecided

It doesn't matter where you come from they see it as the family gaining a child and he or she will bear their name as well before their daughter will then look for another husband.

Even though you will still be the one to marry her you'll not go with the child because she's pregnant before you pay her bride price, they believe that you will marry one person not two the second being the unborn child which belong to the girl family.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Calypsol: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
Rozaytee:
aswear...d one I saw... D item d lady's family got... Can be used to open a small shop... And stock it well

LOL, you seem really surprised, aren't you igbo? You look pretty and light skinned like them though
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by papoudaupolos: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Offpoint:
Lol, not for people like me... When I impregnate your daughter with twins then run to Cameron, you'll be the one begging to come and take her for free.

If I paid such outrageous amount of money, she becomes one of my assets, not wife.

That's why I go marry either Hausa or Yoruba.
1 bag of Ewedu and pepper or 1 bag of goro and kunu.... wife don land.
Ignorance
After you left your people for hausa or yoruba that's when reality will hit u on that ur face . U ll run back begging ur igbo people
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
[img][/img]
hisgrace090:

It doesn't matter where you come from they see it as the family gaining a child and he or she will bear their name as well before their daughter will then look for another husband.

Even though you will still be the one to marry her you'll not go with the child because she's pregnant before you pay her bride price, they believe that you will marry one person not two the second being the unborn child which belong to the girl family.

@bolded,

I don't believe this coz I have learnt from a fellow Igbo friend that it doesn't apply to outsiders but it makes sense to leave the child with the mother (Igbo) for the compulsory motherly care which plays a great part in the child's development.

I appreciate where your sentiment lies but...smiley
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hmmm, really serious... shocked shocked
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by hisgrace090: 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
omooba969:
[img][/img]

@bolded,

I don't believe this coz I have learnt from a fellow Igbo friend that it doesn't apply to outsiders but it makes sense to leave the child with the mother (Igbo) for the compulsory motherly care which plays a great part in the child's development.

I appreciate where your sentiment lies but...smiley

Pls don't argue with me on culture I have lived with constantly for almost 30 yrs.

Where you cone from matters not.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2019
hisgrace090:

Pls don't argue with me on culture I have lived with constantly for almost 30 yrs.

Where you cone from matters not.

You have to see the need to be more rational and present people with adequate information - NOT distorted information or something that suits your inclination.

Correct information will serve for the purpose of education. smiley

No hard feelings.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by PrinceBBlack(m): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
omooba969:

This will be the start of your marital problems coz they will think you don't wanna help. wink
Well, life is still not hard. I dont want to help. Did they think of helping me. The sentiments of not divorcing is what leads men to be slaves to inlaws.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
PrinceBBlack:
Well, life is still not hard. I dont want to help. Did they think of helping me. The sentiments of not divorcing is what leads men to be slaves to inlaws.

I feel you.

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by shamaki1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
i search fr guys name on Facebook nd read all d comments.. one fat Bufon dere was saying there re hot cake..
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
THEY WANT TO ESTABLISHED FABRIC FACTORY BUSINESS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? / My In-law Forcefully Had Sex With Me, My 2 Sisters, Witness Tells Court / Nigerian Woman Dies 12 Days After Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.