Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) (48231 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Marriage Introduction In Yoruba Land - What Is Expected Of The Groom To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by stanleyfolarin: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:
All of you bashing Igbos with their list, are you people aware there is something called Tradition?

Could it be these lists is why Igbo women stay in marriage no matter the situation. They don't cheat, they don't run away when the situation goes wrong.

Igbo amaka. Marry an Igbo woman and have absolute peace in your marriage.

IGBO AMAKA!

who told u Igbo women don't cheat?

5 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by ekestic1976(f): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
All those items can NEVER compare in value to a beautiful Igbo damsel nurtured in the way of her people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
No wonder seun never marry chioma, where him go get money buy all these things? Unless him go sell nairaland

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by sacramento1212: 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:
All of you bashing Igbos with their list, are you people aware there is something called Tradition?

Could it be these lists is why Igbo women stay in marriage no matter the situation. They don't cheat, they don't run away when the situation goes wrong.

IGBO AMAKA!

Says who? So you move with all Igbo women to confirm that they don't cheat? Is cheating written on the forehead?

6 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
Offpoint:
Lol, not for people like me... When I impregnate your daughter with twins then run to Cameron, you'll be the one begging to come and take her for free.

If I paid such outrageous amount of money, she becomes one of my assets, not wife.

That's why I go marry either Hausa or Yoruba.
1 bag of Ewedu and pepper or 1 bag of goro and kunu.... wife don land.
My brother if you marry Yoruba na still the same thing
Because every year the family of your Wife will be doing Owambe and they will bring a list of what you will buy for the occasion so it's almost the same
In Imo you pay once but in Yoruba you pay yearly

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by semyman: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
This is why their daughters are slaying to their 60s and 70s with no suitors

4 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by stanleyuzoh022: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Well, if i love the girl and i am financially capabale, i will do but i will never allow my in-laws come an inch close to me or my family, not even her mother will be allowed for “omugwo” because thia is not marriage but business, they simply sold the lady to me. In business no sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by bluefilm: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
This is nothing but absolute nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by kamez(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
when u see truck load of wrappers like this, just know that the bride is from mbaise.....

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
Babalegba:
Are you implying that ibo women are slaves to their husbands,it would seem so anyway because the ibo man in my neighborhood beats his wife mercilessly but the woman put up with it.The husband is supposed to respect his wife but it is difficult to respect somebody from a family of greedy opportunistic slave rearing thieves.
Do you know that many of una woman no de their Husbands House
93% of the Alajia do leave their Husband waka since
Some don already marry like 5times in a year
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by hisgrace090: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
Offpoint:
Lol, not for people like me... When I impregnate your daughter with twins then run to Cameron, you'll be the one begging to come and take her for free.

If I paid such outrageous amount of money, she becomes one of my assets, not wife.

That's why I go marry either Hausa or Yoruba.
1 bag of Ewedu and pepper or 1 bag of goro and kunu.... wife don land.

If you impregnate anambra state daughter the bride price will double or you leave the child and their daughter for them as they will happily receive the child back as one of them.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Ubdavis(m): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
Its absolutely not necessary!

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by ujezeez(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
They are indirectly selling the girl...mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by sukerefakere(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:

IGBO AMAKA!

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by LaCremy: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
People with limited funds always complaining... did the groom complain?

Mtchwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Thatdopekelly(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
Make dem just host the marriage for Alaba market grin

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Orlatunday11(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2019
Back off notice bro seun
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by uuzba(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
LaCremy:

Mtchwww
Make sure you account is still has money. Nothing stops grooms like this working in the bank to "do something" to any account they like.

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by PrinceBBlack(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
dainformant:
Imo state is in the news again over the requirements which a groom recently presented to his bride's family for their marriage introduction.

According to MC Emmydon, an eyewitness who was shocked by what he saw, his friend (the groom) bought various sets of wrapper, bags of rice, drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic among others things which he gave his partner's family for their wedding introduction on Sunday, January 6th. 

He also revealed that these were required from the groom aside the bride price which was later paid to the lady's family.

The report has sparked mixed reactions from Nigerian internet users, with some lamenting over the "large" requirements. 

See the reactions below. 

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/01/requirements-for-marriage-introduction-in-imo-state.html
I dont know y we deceive ourselves... if i were the guy, no problem. I pay marry the wife and that is all that can ever go to the family afterall this should be enough for the lifetime. If thry ask me for money, i will tell them i dont have and i am srill paying the loan i took for the items and brideprice/wedding. Its not hard

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by hisgrace090: 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
kamez:
when u see truck load of wrappers like this, just know that the bride is from mbaise.....

You nailed it!!!!
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by hisgrace090: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
LaCremy:

Mtchwww

They do well complaining because majority of Nigerians are with what you called limited fund.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Geesaintagape: 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2019
E no concern me I no b. Groom
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Geesaintagape: 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
E no concern me I no b Groom
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:

IGBO AMAKA!

Chineke! shocked

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by fykes(m): 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
It beats me why a grown man will complain about marriage lists.
Granted sometimes families want to extort u when they are either greedy or acutely poor.
But then.. That's often the exception.
So guys if she's worth it, pay the price!!
Your concern should be is she worth it? And what is the opportunity cost of marrying her?
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by victorazyvictor(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Shey her mother want to open boutique ni?

1 Like

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 2:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
slawomir:
Isoright

We Bini nor dey do this rubbish

Just pay 25 naira the girl is yours

BUt if you fuckkkk up begin treat the girl anyhow then the niggarzz in the girl's family go make sure say your head rolll
grin grin
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Rozaytee: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
Blackfire:
Is even small ....

Why are u shouting
aswear...d one I saw... D item d lady's family got... Can be used to open a small shop... And stock it well
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Biingoo: 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Bride price cost 50naira only where I'm from.

Mechonu!
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:

IGBO AMAKA!

Bia Chudi abi na wetin be your name sef? Are you aware that since DNA test became available in Nigeria, that Igbo men are highest population of men seeking paternity test for their children from their Igbo wives?

6 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by DavidLion(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
lonelydora:

IGBO AMAKA!

BIG LIE SPOTTED!
All ex-corpers that served in iboland can testify differently!!

3 Likes

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by akarich007(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2019

lonelydora:

IGBO AMAKA!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? / My In-law Forcefully Had Sex With Me, My 2 Sisters, Witness Tells Court / Nigerian Woman Dies 12 Days After Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.