Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) (19332 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / Sam Larry: I Gave Mohbad 2M To Perform At My Mum's Burial, He Never Showed Up / More Pics Of Julian Osula. The Billionaire Who Chartered A Helicopter In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by chloride6: 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
Nope two of you erred..

You both wanted to prove smart that's why you didn't agree on how to split it..

Save your friendship and agree to disagree..
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by AntiWailer: 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
no fixed amount.

If he guided u to charge way more than u would have charged for the project, 10% is crappy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Raylight2(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

SO, how many % to show appreciation? where will I get to pay off stuffs that I used? which already covered 60% of the whole sum
why should you show appreciation from the whole sum. no be when you don pay for all the things you used, you'll know what's left as profit? it's your profit that determines what you give to him. the guy sef no ask you how much you realise from the contract. settle him well sha so that more will come through him

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Teacher1776(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Kickback
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by presido997(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Bro call ur friend nd explain things to him, probably he may understand too
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by hibrahim(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Give him 30% of the profit/gain because of next time. 10% is too small, show some appreciation and fear of God

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by remedick: 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:
When you refer someone for a contract, it is left to the person to decide if he should give you something as thanksgiving or not..
In my case, I chose to give my friend who's more like a brother to me now 10%..10% weyn I suppose carry go church.. He wants more even after explaining to him that I paid for services of people who I worked with..

He's threatening fire, brimstone and hell already..

What should I do?

normally brokers are entitled to 10-25% of a contract. how much for is he asking for? if it is more than 20%, let him know what's up.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by yeyebrity: 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
Sorry, but I have to chip in cos something similar happened to me years ago. The honest truth is, when you refer somebody for a contract, it is not up to you to decide whether to compensate him or not.

You're actually supposed to compensate that person, and it is usually on a commission basis. So the bottom line is, you didn't do that friend any favor with the 10% offered. I've witnessed situations whereby people were paid as much as 30% just for referring. But obviously, the issue at hand is that your friend never spelt out any terms, and you on the other hand seem to be taking him for granted because he is your friend.

I once did a business deal with a so called 'friend', and out of the sum of about 700K, she gave me 3K, and lied that she got only 10K. I let it slide, not because I was stupid, but because I would later pay her back in her own coin.

So my friend, if he is your brother like you claim, then increase the rate to 20% so more opportunities can come your way.

9 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Raylight2(m): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
hibrahim:
Give him 30% of the profit/gain because of next time. 10% is too small, show some appreciation and fear of God
30% is fair. what I do too
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by franchasng: 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
BabaOwen:
he said he already spent more than 60% on the job
Then he ought not to have brought the topic for discussion on a public forum cos the friend will definitely read it and feel bad.

He ought to have explained things to him and also make a sacrifice to reward him better than he did for tomorrow's sake undecided

The op sound like an ingrate, it is only women that usually act like ingrates that forget to reward the men that help them cos to them ladies, it is their birthright for men to help them become greater in life for free without expecting any reward, reason most men don't help ladies that aren't their wife, relative or lover undecided

So this op is an ingrate just like majority of ladies, sadly lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by mozel247: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
From the story. U charge lower before. He asked u to up it and it seems what u are giving him is far lower than what u up it by. Same thing happen to me sometimes ago.i ask someone to up by 5k per quantity. He should keep 2k for himself and 3k each for me. I push everything smoothly. Time reach to collect mine. This guy start English and even behaving like he gonna expose me. I sha keep quiet. Make sure he never get the larger job when it came. He shot himself by being greedy.

Pls don't be greedy. Give him what he deserved

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Hotfreeze: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Xisnin:
Let him go to court!
Since there was no legal agreement before the deal, he has a right to demand 99% or more and you
have the right to offer him 0% or less.

When you go to court and come back, let the Judge link him other contracts. Or you give him the contracts since you're the one advising him to go to court.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by tizzle(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
You are lying about the percentage... If twas 10% you sent like u said, why are u hiding it from us?
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by lilmax(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
Nigerians will never help you without collecting something from you first

God forbid

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by yarnme2(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
Bros If you can, you can still add something, just because of God and the fact that, he could link again, since he knows you do what you do...

Then come spend some in my shop sha, I will make worth your while for you

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
I think the referee is being greedy. How much was he expecting you to give him? Why didn't he do it him self? 60% of the contract sum already expended on the execution,

That's how govt workers behave. Collect sum before contract execution and then we have bad and shoddy jobs done all round .

Maybe you should make him work for any extra percentage pls. How are you to fend after it's over?
And the snitch threatening to report to his friend, great shame on you . Men of these days , leave a lot to be desired. Smh

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by millionboi2: 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:
When you refer someone for a contract, it is left to the person to decide if he should give you something as thanksgiving or not..
In my case, I chose to give my friend who's more like a brother to me now 10%..10% weyn I suppose carry go church.. He wants more even after explaining to him that I paid for services of people who I worked with..

He's threatening fire, brimstone and hell already..

What should I do?

it depends on d amount remaining after paying dem.

Don't be selfish,he could give u another contract.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by GistFullGround: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
Greedy friend.

Will he join you to execute it?

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by bluefilm: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
10 per cent of what are we talking about here?
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
yeyebrity:
Sorry, but I have to chip in cos something similar happened to me years ago. The honest truth is, when you refer somebody for a contract, it is not up to you to decide whether to compensate him or not.

You're actually supposed to compensate that person, and it is usually on a commission basis. So the bottom line is, you didn't do that friend any favor with the 10% offered. I've witnessed situations whereby people were paid as much as 30% just for referring. But obviously, the issue at hand is that your friend never spelt out any terms, and you on the other hand seem to be taking him for granted because he is your friend.

I once did a business deal with a so called 'friend', and out of the sum of about 700K, she gave me 3K, and lied that she got only 10K. I let it slide, not because I was stupid, but because I would later pay her back in her own coin.

So my friend, if he is your brother like you claim, then increase the rate to 20% so more opportunities can come your way.

That's why all men and women need to learn simple accounts in business and there are apps for that.
When a contract sum is 700k, How much is profit after execution? Do you know companies charged WHT and because people don't factor that into it, they actually don't make profit or make little profit .

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ba7man(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Maxmavis:
Oga you sound selfish sha o. Do u know if he's going to settle someone? Cut out all ur expenses, then gv him 30% of your gains. Its a fair deal. And be open too. No go close chapter of deals
This is what I give for referrals. Now I have an army of friends that source for business on my behalf.

70% of the profit is still adequate and 30% is enough to retain a friend's business loyalty.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by jeff1607(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
no issue next time he gets someone else to do the job

always come to an agreement before executing any contract based on referral
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Slynation(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

I blurred out Key details like figures and phone number and names..
na so you mumu reach?

U didn't bro, he's number is clearly written your quote text, settle things amicably with him since he's a friend turn brother, because from the reaction of the guy seems u sent 5K for him to manage which is an insult....
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by chicoMX(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

That's why all men and women need to learn simple accounts in business and there are apps for that.
When a contract sum is 700k, How much is profit after execution? Do you know companies charged WHT and because people don't factor that into it, they actually don't make profit or make little profit .

Stop these your endless rants.. You can't do a business of 700k and make 10k as profit. Not even recharge card, not pure water.. not even selling of human hair.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by donttouch: 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
Make him a shareholder in your company.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ClumsyFlimsy: 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
tstx:
GREED.... The undoing of the black man.

So who is the greedy one among them?
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by callthefred: 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
Trust me ill advise you give more. Truth is if something bigger comes along again, the said friend won't remember you. Mind you you're not the only one who can handle such jobs but your friend chose you.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Slynation(m): 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

I blurred out Key details like figures and phone number and names..
na so you mumu reach?

U didn't bro, he's number is clearly written in your quote response, i don't know ur motive of making this post, is it to portray him as been a greedy fellow or to justify yourself ?? either ways, settle things amicably with him since he's a friend turn brother, because from the reaction of the guy seems u sent 5K for him to manage which is an insult....

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Gboom: 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
Greedy people everywhere.
I help a man to secure a borehole contract that worth 7.5m and he gave me 10,000 naira afterwards.
When I asked him why 10000, he said I didn't tell to input my own in the the contract sum.
I later found out the contract sum for that kind of job is not more than 4.5m

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by NarnieSnyper(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
From what I read, I'd say the op doesn't really wanna pay, he wants to take a very large percentage of the profit.

And I am guessing the friend knows the worth of the work in terms of profit after execution.

You both are greedy but the op is greedier.

Truly, as a friend helping another, you shouldn't demand your share, if you do, I don't see that as help.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ClumsyFlimsy: 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
martineverest:
Nigerians and entitlement mentality
Who is the entitled one between the op and his friend?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Otedola: Government Should Desist From Trying To Manage Businesses / India Offers To Buy N367bn Pulse Beans From Nigeria / Can 1.5 Million start up a phone accessories business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.