Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,920 members, 7,956,453 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) (19545 Views)

Sam Larry: I Gave Mohbad 2M To Perform At My Mum's Burial, He Never Showed Up / More Pics Of Julian Osula. The Billionaire Who Chartered A Helicopter In Traffic / The Gala Hawker That Gave Prisoners Free Gala Is Now A Retail Store Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
What was the value of the contract been discussed?.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ClumsyFlimsy: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Gboom:
Greedy people everywhere.
I help a man to secure a borehole contract that worth 7.5m and he gave me 10,000 naira afterwards.
When I asked him why 10000, he said I didn't tell to input my own in the the contract sum.
I later found out the contract sum for that kind of job is not more than 4.5m

Just imagine

This kind thing you're entitled to at least 15% as per contact. Abi no be business e come be like e dash u
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by dondo83(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

SO, how many % to show appreciation? where will I get to pay off stuffs that I used? which already covered 60% of the whole sum
This is how you people loose connection due to greed .. from the chat it shows u wanted to charge a certain amount but he asked u to add more to the money, why don’t you give him that extra figure he added .. I’m a contractor and it’s better when people can see you as non greedy.. greater jobs ahead

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by edebemba(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:
When you refer someone for a contract, it is left to the person to decide if he should give you something as thanksgiving or not..
In my case, I chose to give my friend who's more like a brother to me now 10%..10% weyn I suppose carry go church.. He wants more even after explaining to him that I paid for services of people who I worked with..

He's threatening fire, brimstone and hell already..

What should I do?
According to you he is a "friend who is more like a brother". Therefore, be open and sincere to him by showing him your income and expenditure account of the contract. That will make him believe that you are telling the truth and will be convinced to accept the 10%.

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Charly68: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
ebujany:
Oga, show appreciation. This is probably the first time his connecting you to a job. More might still be on the way. Don't close the chapter
. Don't mind him..shop alone & die alone is the bane of many entrepreneurial failure

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ceejay80s(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:
When you refer someone for a contract, it is left to the person to decide if he should give you something as thanksgiving or not..
In my case, I chose to give my friend who's more like a brother to me now 10%..10% weyn I suppose carry go church.. He wants more even after explaining to him that I paid for services of people who I worked with..

What should I do?

give him, in case a bigger contract comes in future, u never know, I have seen this kind of offer come my way, I never leave greed to take over me but him
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by NewCaliYork: 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
Gboom:
I help a man to secure a borehole contract that worth 7.5m and he gave me 10,000 naira afterwards.
When I asked him why 10000, he said I didn't tell to input my own in the the contract sum.

Na wao,people and greed sha,anyway bro me self dey seek contract oo abeg anyone wey dey available besides this guy f-up an eye opener for intended greedy peeps.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Ekiseme(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
TarOrfeek:

Take that 10% back!

Use 5% to change your phone screen.

angry
lol, omo this your kind of dull should be against the law embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ceejay80s(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
lilmax:
Nigerians will never help you without collecting something from you first

God forbid
house rent na free abi?
children school fees na free ?
petrol stations dey pour fuel inside car for free?
NEPA bill na free?

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

SO, how many % to show appreciation? where will I get to pay off stuffs that I used? which already covered 60% of the whole sum

Have you asked him how much he wants?

Also, does he know what the job is worth?

Then also is he aware of the cost implications to you in trying to execute the job?

Was there any discussion about whether you would pay him if you got the job and how much?

Why don't you discuss with him.

Seems like greed is his problem.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by emijo(m): 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
Baba just do the needful and stop complaining. Your padi knew how much you made from the contract that's why he is asking for more.
Last year someone met me and started asking me were he can get door handle in quantity around Lagos. I took him were they sells it around our area, the price was OK but he didn't like the design. Then I called a dealer friend of mine who is in Onitsha, he sent the samples to the man and the man bought the door handle in quantity. Do you know that he didn't even tell me until I asked him? Later he sent 1k airtime. I didn't complain but few months later i the man demanded for it again and I called another person who supplied it to the man.
Do you know how much the man wired to my account? 15k without even asking.
Just do the needful and stop being greedy.

6 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by waveman2: 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
Offer him 10% of your profit since he didn't, t tell you to mop up the contract by the sum he wanted.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by obstead200(m): 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

What should I do?

guy, I have not heard Ur friend's part of the story.
But I can tell us boldly that u are greedy and stingy. Pple like u deserve no friends.
Your friend even told u that u charged too low and that u shud increase it. U increases it and still got the deal. Yet u have him just 10 percent. Let me tell u, what ever is the difference between what u planned to charge the customer and what Ur friend asked into charge, he deserves at least 40 percent of that difference.

No let thunder fire u ooo.

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ADEBRIGGS: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2019
I think u shld give him more than 10percent
Afterall he advised you to up your charges a
From what u had earlier wanted to submit. Guy think of tomorrow- Money na breeze

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by obstead200(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

but u were already prepared to charge lesser, u greedy fool. Don't let greed spoil Ur future. Give Ur friend something substantial. Half of the extra u charged shud go to him. Be Careful. Tomorrow is pregnant.
I know u have plans for the money, but relax, more will come.

Let me tell u how I analyse such things.
As long as I cover my costs and also make normal profit i wud have made in similar transactions when I deal directly with a customer in a highly competitive environment (i.e normal profit my competitors wud have made if we were to compete for the job and they won it by bidding lowest) then anything extra is free money to me. I will be generous with it.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by lomprico(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

What should I do?

Is d ten percent from the profit u made or from d total contract sum?

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by IMASTEX: 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

I blurred out Key details like figures and phone number and names..
na so you mumu reach?
Na under age full Nairaland. So ignore the guy talk
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by obstead200(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
Raylight2:
why should you show appreciation from the whole sum. no be when you don pay for all the things you used, you'll know what's left as profit? it's your profit that determines what you give to him. the guy sef no ask you how much you realise from the contract. settle him well sha so that more will come through him
Oya, read the chat the op screen shot. His friend guided him to charge way higher for the job than he normally charge

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by frozen70(f): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

What should I do?

You have justified your conscience, if your friend doesn't appreciate it, beware of that friend and stop being open to him or her

How much did you gain from the contract that he or she wants you to give me

Just keep watching his attitude
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
You both should have agreed on this earlier when he offered you the contract.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Mrceragem: 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
mjbaba:
Well. It depends on a lot of things.

How influential was he in you getting the contract??

Without him, would u have gotten the contract or there was no chance of u getting it

I read him saying he asked u to up your game. If u had not upped the game, how much would you have made compared to how much u eventually made after he tipped you off?

Contracts are normally sold in Abuja for 15 to 30%.

Is it a contract you would have bought if you had no means of getting it directly?

A whole NLder dey there contracts dey fly pass cho.

Abegi connect me or other Nlders joor wink
I no mind to pay 30%
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
TarOrfeek:

Take that 10% back!

Use 5% to change your phone screen.

angry

Evil
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

I blurred out Key details like figures and phone number and names..
na so you mumu reach?

So you forget say nairaland likes na hard currency grin grin
Na wa oo,you sef con dey explain yourself grin grin
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Abagworo(m): 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
10% is small. 33% is okay depending on who funded it
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Teespice(f): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
franchasng:
You are wrong, remember tomorrow, don't be an ingrate, appreciate your destiny helpers in life so you can go far, hmmm lipsrsealed

...and sorry to say you sound like an ingrate just like most ladies; it is mostly women that exhibit ingratitude by arrogantly forgetting and refusing to reward the men that help them in life because to them ladies, it is their birthright for men to help them become greater in life for free without expecting any reward, and this is one reason most men don't help ladies that aren't their wife, relative or lover

Please what is the relationship between women and what the op posted?

Abi you just want to type for the sake of typing?

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by generationz(f): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
ebujany:
Oga, show appreciation. This is probably the first time his connecting you to a job. More might still be on the way. Don't close the chapter

Nigerians and entitlement mentality

Why didn't the friend do the contract himself/ herself

He/ she obviously didnt have the technical know how

You think if he did he would given his friend the connection

Forget about help 90% of people who "help" you are only doing it for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by IbrahimDamola: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
Give him 40% of your profits. It's a fair deal.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Coloradvantage(m): 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
This same thing has cost me a lot of trouble. What I simply do is ask how much they require as handout.. if e no deh okay and will affect the job and peace of mind I just work out. Give him 20 percent. He will still complain.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by AdiDami: 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
1. You were referred that means the guy is aware of the details of the contract.
2. You undertook the contract and kept the guy in the dark as to what you spent.
3. You came up to offer in his opinion "peanuts" for such a rare opportunity.
4. You are trying to form smart. (in his own understanding).
SOLUTION:
1. Get a piece of paper and draft all that took place (finance wise) from start to finish doing the job.
2. Show him the profit margin from doing the business (it's not supposed to be a secret to have been kept from him in the first place)
3. Remove 10% of the profit as tithe for the business and clearly explain to him the need to pay tithe (don't allow dem Daddy Freeze confuse you on this one oh)
4. Split the balance profit the way the veil of the temple was torn from top to bottom in a ratio of 50:50 or at worst 60:40 (you get the 60)
5. Get back and wait for more job / contract recommendations (there would definitely be more from where this one came from).
6. Remember to save and balance yourself for what God is prepared to do for you this year. You will definitely get uplifted.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ceejay80s(m): 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
Gboom:

if na me, I will go to my village with that money , good herbalists no dey expensive, just give am 500 naira and go prepare one sickness for him , even if he go church and hospital,he no go get cure, some people think when dem wicked someone and the person retaliate back that God will come save dem, I will make sure the man spend all the 3million for church and hospital
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by adanny01(m): 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

What should I do?

10% of what exactly.

Normally, it should be a percentage of net
profit.

If were you, from my experiences, i would have sat him down, discuss the entire project financial terms and calculate the net profit which he will get not more than 30%. If you are really generous and he is really greedy, 60-40 is the worst case.

Know that you didnt get the job on your own. You are lucky he didn't even negotiate before he gave you the connection. It means he either trusted you or was inexperienced.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Amberon11: 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
Pls fear God. Those numbers are outrageous especially for something that isn't guaranteed.
uwish:
Care to travel overseas.

Check my signature

South Africa (200k)
Canada/ Australia (600k)
USA (600k)
UK (500k)
Schengen (700k)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Importing From China / How To Earn #10000 A Day Without Spending A Dime / Why Do Some Successful Businesses Fold Up After The Demise Of The CEO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.