Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) (19325 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / Sam Larry: I Gave Mohbad 2M To Perform At My Mum's Burial, He Never Showed Up / More Pics Of Julian Osula. The Billionaire Who Chartered A Helicopter In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by cynacob25: 8:40am On Jan 11, 2019
[quote author=Driggs post=74631456]When you refer someone for a contract, it is left to the person to decide if he should give you something as thanksgiving or not..
In my case, I chose to give my friend who's more like a brother to me now 10%..10% weyn I suppose carry go church.. He wants more even after explaining to him that I paid for services of people who I worked with..

He's threatening fire, brimstone and hell already..

What should I do?

Good morning bro,
i went for a contract and requested for 18,000,000 but the management said they will pay 13,000,000 on getting to legal and statutory phase ( i mean their share) they requested for 40% of the money and i held my ground by saying if it is 40% they want my asking price stands at 18,000,000 and the contract was awarded because have done my underground work and include the legal and statutory fee together with what am charging. so don't forget, you might have met one person but there are others behind the scene. the person you see is regarded as visible which constitute (20%) while the other people behind the scene are the hidden and constitute 80%.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by cynacob25: 8:49am On Jan 11, 2019
the way we go about our contract thing in Nigeria is worrisome. i could just give you a call and say work don show come execute next week but no contract terms on paper which does not hold water in the court of law even if the legal and statutory fee is not included which can not be included in the contract term. so please if you are calling you friend to do a contract for you or on behalf of your company and you refuse to provide him with the contract paper to sign, you will have yourself to blame. please we need to follow the rules.
for your ISO certification and implementation contact
Philip Keshiro DRI Nigeria 21, Akitan Street, Dideolu Estate, Ogba, Lagos info@dri-nigeria.org keshirophilip@yahoo.com keshirophilip@gmail.com

Course & Exam Provider

Business Continuity Management Courses

Are you certified?
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Justbeingreal(m): 10:47am On Jan 11, 2019
mikolo80:
why him no implement the contract since he's hardworking
Come and carry me from the mention
Lazy entitled dolt
When did commission pass 10%
If he build substandard building that collapse on your children's head because he is settling commission that's when you will know that greed kills

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by grandstar(m): 7:02am On Jan 16, 2019
Driggs:
When you refer someone for a contract, it is left to the person to decide if he should give you something as thanksgiving or not..
In my case, I chose to give my friend who's more like a brother to me now 10%..10% weyn I suppose carry go church.. He wants more even after explaining to him that I paid for services of people who I worked with..

He's threatening fire, brimstone and hell already..

What should I do?

Your friend has been badly influenced by the pervading greedy characteristics that the country is steeped in. Imagine Nairalander's calling you an ingrate because you refuse to part with 15%. What will they do if they are in purchasing department of a company or in the sit of power? It's obviously they'll demand 15% or more.

Plead with him further to accept 10%. If it's obviously he is determined to gain 15%, then ask yourself that what will be your gain if you refuse?

At times half bread is better than none. It's a sacrifice you have to make if you think you're still better off paying the 15%.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by maldox(m): 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
mjbaba:
Well. It depends on a lot of things.

How influential was he in you getting the contract??

Without him, would u have gotten the contract or there was no chance of u getting it

I read him saying he asked u to up your game. If u had not upped the game, how much would you have made compared to how much u eventually made after he tipped you off?

Contracts are normally sold in Abuja for 15 to 30%.

Is it a contract you would have bought if you had no means of getting it directly?

Let's deal.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by MaliMillion: 10:35am On Feb 10, 2020
extremelygolden:

Edwin Nnabude ni.
You shouldn't have mentioned his name on a public forum. I thought it was a private business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Otedola: Government Should Desist From Trying To Manage Businesses / India Offers To Buy N367bn Pulse Beans From Nigeria / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.