Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) (19339 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / Sam Larry: I Gave Mohbad 2M To Perform At My Mum's Burial, He Never Showed Up / More Pics Of Julian Osula. The Billionaire Who Chartered A Helicopter In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by adanny01(m): 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
TarOrfeek:

Take that 10% back!

Use 5% to change your phone screen.

angry

If i were you, i would have edited my post by now since he obviously blank edited sensitive info.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by adanny01(m): 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
mjbaba:
Well. It depends on a lot of things.

How influential was he in you getting the contract??

Without him, would u have gotten the contract or there was no chance of u getting it

I read him saying he asked u to up your game. If u had not upped the game, how much would you have made compared to how much u eventually made after he tipped you off?

Contracts are normally sold in Abuja for 15 to 30%.

Is it a contract you would have bought if you had no means of getting it directly?

Gbam

He should consider he bought the job.

30% is top limit and 15 is min. It can only be 10 if the person is not expecting a kick back and if the entire net profit is like his chicken change. The 10 can even be in form of gifts.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by U2ice(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
slawomir:
Isoright

Bro you fuckkked up
In a situation like that
After the contract you suppose arrange one day make una take go high for one beer Parlour

Anything you give am ehhnnn the guy for accept

My guy beer Parlour gist after men don high fit make niggarzz reason like brothers especially if weed dey available to take follow up

Any way you don already miss am. Give what belongs to cezar to cezar
So in this case just try give what belongs to osazee to osazee or else you asss fit go down

Don't fucck with niggarzz they pull the trigger for any amount

Na that weed you take finish em
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by franchasng: 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
Teespice:

Please what is the relationship between women and what the op posted?

Abi you just want to type for the sake of typing?
most women are ingrates towards men; they hardly reward a man that helps them because to most ladies, they believe that it is their birthright for men to help them, so when u help a lady as a man, she believes u the man don't deserve any reward because you are supposed to help her undecided

So relatively, the op is acting like an average lady wink

1 Like

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by U2ice(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
Fxwarrior:

You may clarify if its 10% of your net profits or 10% of gross profits.

Besides you two didn't conclude % before he offered the job?

Like someone pointed out, keeping the friendship will be beneficial on the long run. Invite the guy to a meeting with a mutual friend; buy drinks and thank him for the contract and explain situation to him.

Then offer him 5% more if it won't affect you.

Follow this guy if your wise don't be greedy
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by biosilicon: 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

I blurred out Key details like figures and phone number and names..
na so you mumu reach?

That is the mental state of many of these nairaland miscreants. They are jobless and stupid at the same time. They are always here making retarded and foolish comments.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
I feel this guy is not saying all that ensue between them, this part is just to favor him, but still, he sound greedy and ungrateful lipsrsealed we need to read the other guy narrative.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Hassan88(m): 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
Simple...

Assassinate him.

Take my advice.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Tolupage(m): 8:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
@Driggs I understand why he wants more from what u wrote up there your initial estimate was far less and he gave u few details and told you to up your bid. Naturally he feels entitled to the added sum. I'd say just add a bit more and be grateful, the contract world is mostly through connect so if you have someone loyal you'll always get something in the future.

On a future date always add something extra to your cost estimate to sort things like this even though you won't tell him. That way your profit will remain intact. Best of luck bro.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by davit: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
I had an experience close to this. A friend once connected me to someone for job and ended up asking for 45% of my wage. I managed to do 35%, which he eventually agreed to collect. Twasnt cool with me at all.

Fast forward to years later, this same friend needed my help in some way. You know what happened? I ended up getting around 40% of the deal too! Na karma รณ. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:

I blurred out Key details like figures and phone number and names..
na so you mumu reach?
grin grin grin Op abeg grin
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Jolite(m): 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:
When you refer someone for a contract, it is left to the person to decide if he should give you something as thanksgiving or not..
In my case, I chose to give my friend who's more like a brother to me now 10%..10% weyn I suppose carry go church.. He wants more even after explaining to him that I paid for services of people who I worked with..

He's threatening fire, brimstone and hell already..

What should I do?

i have a friend i connect like that & he betrayed me, but thank God he is regreting his chop today and 4get tomoro actions, i adviced you show him apreciable compenciation and keep him, because he has
your interest at heart.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Next time Op always i repeat always discuss business terms and avoid unnecessary troubles.. Even ur brother or father can become an enemy when terms are not clearly defined. Your friend expects more from u do more for future sakes.. Let it be a sacrifice on your part. But next time always define the terms surrounding any contract u get from anyone. People get killed or maimed over little money just because they refused to define the terms & conditions surrounding the biz... I turned down a venture which would have been profitable to me because of the history me & that friend shared way back uni days when we ventured into biz together.. I had already agreed but on getting home i quickly saw through the juicy offer. Always see past the cover.. No be wetin dem discuss when dem dey raost goat naim them dey discuss when time reach to share am ooo!
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by holusormi(m): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
generationz:

Nigerians and entitlement mentality

Why didn't the friend do the contract himself/ herself

He/ she obviously didnt have the technical know how

You think if he did he would given his friend the connection

Forget about help 90% of people who "help" you are only doing it for themselves.

In your rush to type and get likes , you must be careful not to sound senseless , what you said is unimaginably foolish ... calm down auntie
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by extremelygolden: 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
Driggs:
When you refer someone for a contract, it is left to the person to decide if he should give you something as thanksgiving or not..
In my case, I chose to give my friend who's more like a brother to me now 10%..10% weyn I suppose carry go church.. He wants more even after explaining to him that I paid for services of people who I worked with..

He's threatening fire, brimstone and hell already..

What should I do?

Edwin Nnabude ni.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
[quote author=chicoMX post=74635158]

Stop these your endless rants.. You can't do a business of 700k and make 10k as profit. Not even recharge card, not pure water.. not even selling of human hair.

[/quote
You might want to check up the meanings of endless and rants and string them together before you make nasty judgements.

What if Withholding Tax was charged and you forgot to add to your expenses , it, what if you got your supplies from a more expensive place which will take a huge chunk of expected profits.
The contract executor has to pay herself etc.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by yeyebrity: 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

That's why all men and women need to learn simple accounts in business and there are apps for that.
When a contract sum is 700k, How much is profit after execution? Do you know companies charged WHT and because people don't factor that into it, they actually don't make profit or make little profit .

I didn't mention contract. I said it was a deal, and there was no expenses involved.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Driggs: 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
extremelygolden:

Edwin Nnabude ni.

I posted the story without permission of my guy who wants me to advice him on what to do..

Looks like you know the guy.. Tell am say no be him business partner handiwork oo..

I do anything for the content..
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Fxwarrior:

You may clarify if its 10% of your net profits or 10% of gross profits.

Besides you two didn't conclude % before he offered the job?

Like someone pointed out, keeping the friendship will be beneficial on the long run. Invite the guy to a meeting with a mutual friend; buy drinks and thank him for the contract and explain situation to him.

Then offer him 5% more if it won't affect you.
I support you.
Besides, the friend even advised him to increase his quotation which he did. That should urge OP to do more. That addition offsets part of what you are giving back even though we don't know the proportions.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by nonyjay(m): 11:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
why are people so greedy... why...?

Bros pls how can I have your number?

I give 20% commission on total value. or 50/50 profit sharing.

I am serious.

sometimes I make a loss just to satisfy my referral.

Now I have many contracts...left right and centre...people can't see beyond their noses!

quote author=Gboom post=74635279]Greedy people everywhere.
I help a man to secure a borehole contract that worth 7.5m and he gave me 10,000 naira afterwards.
When I asked him why 10000, he said I didn't tell to input my own in the the contract sum.
I later found out the contract sum for that kind of job is not more than 4.5m

[/quote]
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Ekaka1(m): 12:56am On Jan 11, 2019
ebujany:
Oga, show appreciation. This is probably the first time his connecting you to a job. More might still be on the way. Don't close the chapter

So 10% no be appreciation again? shocked
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:54am On Jan 11, 2019
TarOrfeek:

Take that 10% back!

Use 5% to change your phone screen.

angry
olodo, nothing happen to phone screen, he just covered what he never want you to see
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Teespice(f): 5:25am On Jan 11, 2019
franchasng:
most women are ingrates towards men; they hardly reward a man that helps them because to most ladies, they believe that it is their birthright for men to help them, so when u help a lady as a man, she believes u the man don't deserve any reward because you are supposed to help her undecided

So relatively, the op is acting like an average lady wink

Egbon, don't derail from the topic.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by IkemChris(m): 6:00am On Jan 11, 2019
Give him the contract then..... Greedy human.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by mikolo80: 7:10am On Jan 11, 2019
Maxmavis:
Oga you sound selfish sha o. Do u know if he's going to settle someone? Cut out all ur expenses, then gv him 30% of your gains. Its a fair deal. And be open too. No go close chapter of deals
why not 50% or 90 seems he did all the work by having connect
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by mikolo80: 7:12am On Jan 11, 2019
Justbeingreal:
undecided

Op remember if it wasn't for him u won't get that contract I am not in support with the way you are sounding here....in case of next time if he ain't happy with the conclusion of this deal, he won't give u another if he gets the link....
and if it wasn't for Op the greedy lazy unintelligent bastard would've got 0% or he thinks he's the only one that can link contractors?
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by mikolo80: 7:15am On Jan 11, 2019
yeyebrity:
Sorry, but I have to chip in cos something similar happened to me years ago. The honest truth is, when you refer somebody for a contract, it is not up to you to decide whether to compensate him or not.

You're actually supposed to compensate that person, and it is usually on a commission basis. So the bottom line is, you didn't do that friend any favor with the 10% offered. I've witnessed situations whereby people were paid as much as 30% just for referring. But obviously, the issue at hand is that your friend never spelt out any terms, and you on the other hand seem to be taking him for granted because he is your friend.

I once did a business deal with a so called 'friend', and out of the sum of about 700K, she gave me 3K, and lied that she got only 10K. I let it slide, not because I was stupid, but because I would later pay her back in her own coin.

So my friend, if he is your brother like you claim, then increase the rate to 20% so more opportunities can come your way.
3 out of 700
Yeepaa that your friend no be friend at all
Abeg wetin you do am back
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by Justbeingreal(m): 7:29am On Jan 11, 2019
mikolo80:
and if it wasn't for Op the greedy lazy unintelligent bastard would've got 0% or he thinks he's the only one that can link contractors?
Listen to yourself. Calling someone a "lazy unintelligent bastard" for giving his friend a contract.. You sound stupid get the hell out my mention n don't quote me again...
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by cynacob25: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2019
Good morning house,
there is minimum of 30% (some will tell you it is 50-50) of any amount you receive which goes to the management that gave you a contract to work on which is called "legal and statutory". so bros, you need to ask your self this question:
1. did you give money to anyone apart from your friend as appreciation for getting the job? if no, then you are expected to pay him 30% because the money will be shared among the management staff that ensure you get the contract but if you have done the legal and statutory payment, then what you have given him is enough because he will get some cut from the management as well. The reason we don't get contract is because we consider ourselves alone and forgetting the management when charging for a contract. a management will prefer to give someone asking for 25,000,000 a contract than someone asking for 3,000,000. because they would have calculate their cut and consider the one that will favor them as management.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by mikolo80: 8:02am On Jan 11, 2019
Justbeingreal:
Listen to yourself. Calling someone a "lazy unintelligent bastard" for giving his friend a contract.. You sound stupid get the hell out my mention n don't quote me again...
why him no implement the contract since he's hardworking
Come and carry me from the mention
Lazy entitled dolt
When did commission pass 10%
If he build substandard building that collapse on your children's head because he is settling commission that's when you will know that greed kills
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by cynacob25: 8:28am On Jan 11, 2019
mikolo80:
why him no implement the contract since he's hardworking
Come and carry me from the mention
Lazy entitled dolt
When did commission pass 10%
If he build substandard building that collapse on your children's head because he is settling commission that's when you will know that greed kills
Good morning bro,
i went for a contract and requested for 18,000,000 but the management said they will pay 13,000,000 on getting to legal and statutory phase ( i mean their share) they requested for 40% of the money and i held my ground by saying if it is 40% they want my asking price stands at 18,000,000 and the contract was awarded because have done my underground work and include the legal and statutory fee together with what am charging. so don't forget, you might have met one person but there are others behind the scene. the person you see is regarded as visible which constitute (20%) while the other people behind the scene are the hidden and constitute 80%.
Re: A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) by mikolo80: 8:33am On Jan 11, 2019
cynacob25:

Good morning bro,
i went for a contract and requested for 18,000,000 but the management said they will pay 13,000,000 on getting to legal and statutory phase ( i mean their share) they requested for 40% of the money and i held my ground by saying if it is 40% they want my asking price stands at 18,000,000 and the contract was awarded because have done my underground work and include the legal and statutory fee together with what am charging. so don't forget, you might have met one person but there are others behind the scene. the person you see is regarded as visible which constitute (20%) while the other people behind the scene are the hidden and constitute 80%.
Hmmm another angle
But the 'friend ' should've discussed all this at the beginning like you did so he will know it's business not help.

I can settle 90% if business calls for it as 10% is better than nothing
But if it's appreciation I will not give pass 10% as it is customary
Even first republic politicians were known as 10 percentErs that made nzeogwu kill them
10 percent o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

India Offers To Buy N367bn Pulse Beans From Nigeria / What Business Can I Start With Eighty Thousand Naira Please! / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.