Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Australia Open 2019 Thread - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Australia Open 2019 Thread (15628 Views)

This Fine Lady May Miss 2022 Australia Open / Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) / 2017 Australia Open: Caroline Wozniaki Wins Her First Grand Slam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by toluxe0075: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2019
PassingShot:

Because it's already 1-1

Players like Tsitsipass can pull off an upset. He's growing in confidence
I'm getting scared for Rogers oo shocked
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Lavoca: 11:52am On Jan 20, 2019
Ovie56:
i hope the above is a prediction and not a statement of fact

Nadal has beaten him on all surfaces and he leads 23-15 stop the hype
Will you me a favor to post their H2H on French open only. Nadal and Djokovic are good but Federer is still the Greatest of All time.

Nadal is the Clay king, no doubt and Novak is a fantastic player but Roger is already old and he is still able to compete with these guys consistently, no one beasts his grand slam final appearances
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by PassingShot(m): 11:54am On Jan 20, 2019
toluxe0075:

I'm getting scared for Rogers oo shocked
This is what happens whenever he fails to convert on BP opportunities sad sad
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by toluxe0075: 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
Federer wants me to cry today o grin shocked
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Lavoca: 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tsitsipas looking to take the third set and he's already getting motivated.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by toluxe0075: 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
Wetin Federer chop today sef. Which kind wahala be this.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by toluxe0075: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lavoca:
Tsitsipas looking to take the third set and he's already getting motivated.
Tsitsipas is now leading 2 sets to 1. Federer has killed me.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by PassingShot(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
toluxe0075:
Federer wants me to cry today o grin shocked
I'm used to his roller-coaster performance since he turned 30 years

The lesser we expect from him, the better for our health.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Lavoca: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
toluxe0075:

Tsitsipas is now leading 2 sets to 1. Federer has killed me.
Federer is just making too much errors
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Ovie56(m): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lavoca:
Will you me a favor to post their H2H on French open only. Nadal and Djokovic are good but Federer is still the Greatest of All time.

Nadal is the Clay king, no doubt and Novak is a fantastic player but Roger is already old and he is still able to compete with these guys consistently, no one beasts his grand slam final appearances
Nadal leads Roland Garos 5-0 doesn't change the fact that he has also beaten Fed in Wimbledon(grass) Australian open (hard court) too and as the proclaimed best of all time clay shouldn't be a problem you must be master of all surface like Novak not all those Flimsy excuses
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Lavoca: 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ovie56:
Nadal leads Roland Garos 5-0 doesn't change the fact that he has also beaten Fed in Wimbledon(grass) Australian open (hard court) too and as the proclaimed best of all time clay shouldn't be a problem you must be master of all surface like Novak not all those Flimsy excuses
Did Federer not beat Nadal on clay also? grass? Hard Court? Did you call Novak master of all surfaces? That is a joke, right?
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by senatordave1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ovie56:
i hope the above is a prediction and not a statement of fact

Nadal has beaten him on all surfaces and he leads 23-15 stop the hype
Nadal beats him mostly on clay
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Ovie56(m): 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
PassingShot:

The maximum record he's got that may never be broken is 7 grin grin grin
https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/5-novak-djokovic-achievements-which-may-never-be-surpassed-ss

Lesson: Don't compare boys to men. Federer is the Greatest Tennis Player of All Time - GOAT as he's known.

Djokovic is of course a great player but common, he's far behind Federer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Novak_Djokovic#All-time_records you'll see all his stand alone records see the way he's hyping someone that dominated in the WEAK ERA
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Ovie56(m): 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin knocked out as predicted tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by neutonbabs20(m): 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
Federer just ruined the day.
Too many errors.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by neutonbabs20(m): 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
The young lad deserved it tho.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by PassingShot(m): 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ovie56:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Novak_Djokovic#All-time_records you'll see all his stand alone records see the way he's hyping someone that dominated in the WEAK ERA
In tennis,you don’t even come any close to the greats who have pronounced Roger the greatest of all time.

So, why should I argue with you?
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by PassingShot(m): 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lavoca:
The moment he couldn’t break in the 2nd set, I knew he would lose it.

1 Like

Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Ovie56(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
PassingShot:

In tennis,you don’t even come any close to the greats who have pronounced Roger the greatest of all time.

So, why should I argue with you?
like you don't come close to others that has seen beyond the hypocrisy running the show during the weak era i have absolutely no need of arguing with you

Moving on
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Ovie56(m): 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
Novak and Nadal should becareful now o looks like the next gen players own this tourney
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by toluxe0075: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
PassingShot:

I'm used to his roller-coaster performance since he turned 30 years

The lesser we expect from him, the better for our health.
I agree with you. Besides, he's 37.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by toluxe0075: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lavoca:
Yeah, I hope he bounces back in other Grand Slams. He must win one more before he retires o.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Ovie56(m): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lavoca:
Did Federer not beat Nadal on clay also? grass? Hard Court? Did you call Novak master of all surfaces? That is a joke, right?
He seems to have no weakness on any surface
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by 21Bandit: 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ovie56:
Novak and Nadal should becareful now o looks like the next gen players own this tourney
Greek god just announced his arrival
ALEX zverev is still on
Tiafoe Francis is all geared up
Medvedev danill not looking too good matching up novak but hey this Australia open and the game is open
Coric borna this lad is got juice

We just saw keber Angelique and king Federer bow out to players below top 10....good to know that age is really a mutherfucker.......

Let's see if Nadal will bounce on Francis in straight 3 set I doubt with all sincerity

Or the big Canadian server raonic Milos power pass steady Alexandrian zverev

And will halep Simona be the first woman to defeat both Serena sisters in a grand slam finals

Quarter final will be blast and one not to Miss

2 Likes

Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by FBS: 12:12am On Jan 21, 2019
Ovie56:
Only people who are there to make fun of Maria and Azarenka made it an issue , only non fans, it was never discussed as a problem facing tennis as a sport it was non issue to ITF and WTA most women make noise when they play and the number of spectators for her match hasn't been affected. and i think Victoria has some words for people like you
Victoria who? cheesy

Its not the noise (some of the players, male and female make "noise" ) its the type of annoying and irritating noise. No one (well except people like you) wishes to listen to a chainsaw. I understand that it sounds like music to you, good luck with that.
And as you can see ain't the only "non fan" of Sharapova thinking same but she is out anyways. Save the rest some other time assuming the gets to play again competitively.

Now on to something more interesting, Federer is out. All them small boys just dey beat agbalagbas anyhow. Wow.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by FBS: 12:36am On Jan 21, 2019
21Bandit:

Greek god just announced his arrival
ALEX zverev is still on
Tiafoe Francis is all geared up
Medvedev danill not looking too good matching up novak but hey this Australia open and the game is open
Coric borna this lad is got juice

We just saw keber Angelique and king Federer bow out to players below top 10....good to know that age is really a mutherfucker.......

Let's see if Nadal will bounce on Francis in straight 3 set I doubt with all sincerity

Or the big Canadian server raonic Milos power pass steady Alexandrian zverev

And will halep Simona be the first woman to defeat both Serena sisters in a grand slam finals

Quarter final will be blast and one not to Miss

Oh Keber, what have you done. Gonna miss those quads. grin cheesy

The next gen players are really in the mood of killing giants but lets see how this will eventually pan out, experience or youthful vigour.
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Ovie56(m): 4:30am On Jan 21, 2019
FBS:

Victoria who? cheesy

Its not the noise (some of the players, male and female make "noise" ) its the type of annoying and irritating noise. No one (well except people like you) wishes to listen to a chainsaw. I understand that it sounds like music to you, good luck with that.
And as you can see ain't the only "non fan" of Sharapova thinking same but she is out anyways. Save the rest some other time assuming the gets to play again competitively.

Now on to something more interesting, Federer is out. All them small boys just dey beat agbalagbas anyhow. Wow.
out or not exaggerating something doesn't make her less lovable, in fact she's so lovable that she got the biggest endorsements for more than 10 straight years and she still sell Tickets even more than those ladies that are mute on court so I don't really get the stvpid exaggeration but it's human nature they shine the light on whatever's worse
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by iceberg54: 9:16am On Jan 21, 2019
Serena Williams vs Simona Halep......
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by 21Bandit: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2019
iceberg54:
I don book space may big pass space bus for the matta o

Cause today ehe serena go no sey celena or be Odion.

Halep Simona all day any day
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by iceberg54: 9:24am On Jan 21, 2019
21Bandit:

cheesy cheesy let's see
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by Nelsizzy(m): 9:58am On Jan 21, 2019
iceberg54:
S. Williams for the kill. She no be Venus
Re: Australia Open 2019 Thread by yehmy(m): 9:59am On Jan 21, 2019
21Bandit:

u say wetin She won't even see 6 games point against serena grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

EPL: Arsenal Won’t Win Title – Gary Neville Claims After Gunners Beat Tottenham / "Thank You All For The Motivation": Ahmed Musa Revels In First Al Nassr's Goal / President Buhari Likely To Watch Nigeria Vs Ghana Second Leg Live’ – Sunday Dare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.