Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja (39162 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
Buhari is really fighting corruption, Good job to buhari sai baba! till 2045!! grin grin

but wait oo! why is the Buhari EFCC not Arresting Tinubu, Obasanjo, Atiku and David mark. these men are also crooks.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by isahsalee: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
Robbin7:
Does non declaration of Assets warrant a raid by the EFCC?
I no understand again o.
Yes, it does. Other vital documents such banks transactions documents, documents for properties own and not declared etc. so helpful in investigating cases like this.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by RTSC: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
maasoap:

There is possibility of discovering more evidence of hidden money. There shouldn't be any form of protection for corrupt judges who sell justice to the highest bidders.
Ordinarily this would be the logical line of thought if we had a government we can trust.
But we don't, sorry.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
isahsalee:

Yes, it does. Other vital documents such banks transactions documents, documents for properties own and not declared etc. so helpful in investigating cases like this.
Absolutely!
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by NothingDoMe: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
Corrinthians:
Baba leave that thing! Let Secondus and Wike bring in the war they talked about! And I hope they come with their families.

Nonsense.

I can NEVER forgive pdp for their acts of oppression in the days leading up to election. Imagine they even postponed election in 2015. If baba tries that today, these scums of mother earth who were nowhere to be found that time would spam cyberspace with cries of dictatorship.

God punish pdp and anyone who supports them.

Fire on Baba!
Most of you are not as smart as passingshot. It was completely unnecessary. Totally counter productive.

Wetin concern me sef. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by maasoap(m): 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
There is nothing wrong with the raid.

Executive, Legislative and Judiciary are the three arms of government in a democracy. The goal is to have them check the excess the others. But in Nigeria, the Legislative and Judiciary continue to dance to the tune of the Executive thereby eroding the balance of power. Saraki killed all overtures to keep Buhari in check in the Senate. The Judiciary turned the courts to a marketplace where the highest bidder gets justice.

Thank you. It is really annoying that the masses don't see themselves as the victims of these corrupt judges that sell justice in foreign currencies.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by lomprico(m): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
Robbin7:
Does non declaration of Assets warrant a raid by the EFCC?
I no understand again o.

I taya o!
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by maasoap(m): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
RTSC:

Ordinarily this would be the logical line of thought if we had a government we can trust.
But we don't, sorry.

But the solution doesn't lie in maintaining the status quo.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by RTSC: 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
gypsey:
Buhari is really fighting corruption, Good job to buhari sai baba! till 2045!! grin grin

but why is the Buhari EFCC not Arresting Tinubu, Obasanjo, Atiku and David mark. these men are also crooks.
Add ganduje, babachir, Abba kyari, malamu, isa funtua.

Corruption has changed hands.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Viking007(m): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
Dadaboy:
Anyone found Guilty against the law should face its troubles..
I’m not stupid enough to play partisan sentiments over these useless people who don’t care about us but themselves and what’s best for them
Your meme is a true picture of the Nigerian situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Japsylee: 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
This country is finished ..... omg!!! A zoo is better than naija.
This is a full wilderness!!!! Lawless place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by StevenOba: 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2019
Very good development.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by NothingDoMe: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
isahsalee:

That will be dumb to leave any of those things in the house anymore especially after the raid on his colleagues.

It would be really really dumb to leave any physical evidence in light of the current situation.

It is dumb of the EFCC to expect to find such.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Sholaco: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
He who blow d piper dictates the tune
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Robbin7(m): 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
maasoap:

I think when it involves 3 million dollars undeclared, hidden in numerous accounts which you can't even explain its sources, it warrants raids upon raids. I just don't understand why we like to mix politics of religion and ethnicity with fight against corruption.

Well said.
But for the records, i’m Not blinded by non of Those you listed.
Constitutionally, the NJC has to try the CJN before anybody can find him guilty.
Those money that where alleged to be linked to him, did they find the money in the house?
If he was at home prolly, he would have been arrested!!!
Can’t we just act Sanely in the eyes of the world for once?
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Decibel: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
PassingShot:
In as much as I don’t support Onnoghen, this is overzealous action by the EFCC.

This is very unnecessary!
That's shows that Buhari is running a Creche presidency

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by RTSC: 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
maasoap:

But the solution doesn't lie in maintaining the status quo.
There is no solution if we replaced sharp sand with gravel.
It is still sand.

If we replace one thief with another set of thieves, nothing has changed.
The only thing that changed are the players. Our resources will still keep getting frittered and the corruption fight would not be respected.

Isa funtua despite being a mere unappointed civilian currently controls AMCON by proxy and possibly even the CBN.

Tinubu just bought his 3rd or fourth private jet.

Are you not alarmed?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by RTSC: 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
The Attorney General malamu a buhari ally has been fingered in many corruption deals of massive international proportions.

His fellow dealers have been jailed in the US long ago.

Why is buhari not looking at him?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by maasoap(m): 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
RTSC:

There is no solution if we replaced sharp sand with gravel.
It is still sand.

If we replace one thief with another set of thieves, nothing has changed.
The only thing that changed are the players. Our resources will still keep getting frittered and the corruption fight would not be respected.

Isa funtua despite being a mere unappointed civilian currently controls AMCON by proxy and possibly even the CBN.

Tinubu just bought his 3rd or fourth private jet.

Are you not alarmed?

Everyone should be alarmed! We can't just fold our hands and look on. Even, if we can't do nothing about it, supporting it or against the litte efforts to stem it shouldn't be an option
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by bencr7: 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
gypsey:

but why is the Buhari EFCC not Arresting Tinubu, Obasanjo, Atiku and David mark. these men are also crooks.
in China all diz men you mention for don die since
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by dyydxx: 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
maasoap:

I think when it involves 3 million dollars undeclared, hidden in numerous accounts which you can't even explain its sources, it warrants raids upon raids. I just don't understand why we like to mix politics of religion and ethnicity with fight against corruption.
Bro the issue here is the speed of this witch hunt. Did they apply this same speed for babachir Lawal or Maina or even Ganduje. What about Buratai Why the superspeed 30 days to an election. Where they sleeping before? Why didn't they charge him 6 months ago. Abeg the cabal is playing a script and we are not moved. If they succeed in removing him now they will replace him with anoda nepotistic individual. What happened to the replacements for Adeosun and Saeifa?

Nothing will happen to the CJN. The cabals are more corrupt than him. If they cannot follow proper due process then they don't have a case
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
RTSC:

Why didn't they raid ganduje house when the video leaked or block his personal account?

You can investigate even while the subject is still under immunity like they did against fayose and otorm.

Buhari and his government is not serious against corruption yet.

My brother, you will not understand. A corrupt judge is more terrible than anything else because he has the power to sentence a person to death.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by islandmoon: 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2019
this is a very good development, he should be properly investigated , but my prayer is Buhari should give way so every looters hiding under him can be searched by the new government also, there must not be a hidden place for idiots stealing our collective wealth, Gandollar should be next.

I pray oh lord!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Princedapace(m): 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2019
Apelex:
We are gradually going back to the days of tyranny.

Buhari is a big failure. Anybody who can in good conscience vote for Buhari is a ZOMBIE

I am telling you guys that Buhari and those two men Aso Rock are planning to make Nigeria a family property.. They want to emulate many African countries where the country is led by the president and his family members..

They are achieving this by fixing their loyalties into the most powerful segments of the country.. They want total control of the legislature, the executive, the judiciary, the security, INEC and media. That is how all these other African countries were defeated by one family for decades.. That is what is playing now..

Look at how they plan to get this done. They want to keep manipulating those who can fight them by dusting and opening up their corruption case.. They will meet with them for a deal. Join us and keep quite or will persecute for ur crime. Sadly, these guys who could av fought them are actually corrupt. They are using that to nail them. They if u raise a voice, the security come afte u. U don't know the battle the media is battling as we speak. They are almost wiping the media off and shutting them off. Establishing a media centre for the president is all part of the game.

Guys, they have gone far with their plans. Some people will rubbish what I av said now. See eh, those two powerful men with Buhari in Aso rock are the ones making these moves more along with some northern governors..

The idea is to keep giving South West some slices from national cake to keep them quiet becus they know South West is the strongest point politically in the country. They will keep giving south west some slices to keep the region shut.

If nothing is done bro, this country will turn into a one party and one family affair like Abacha did. It may be worse than Abacha sef. They are buying almost all the major sectors..

If not for Saraki, they would av taken over the national assembly. If u have ur way, leave Nigeria o bro. PDP can't win this one becus almost all of them are corrupt and they are scared of been picked by efcc. They are so scared. And those two men cabals in Aso rock are determined to rule for a long time by proxy.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2019
bencr7:
in China all diz men you mention for don die since
In Nigeria they are celebrated, worshipped and given Awards.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by jellington: 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
A Yoruba man that was the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Salami was suspended on spurious charges by President Jonathan.
Even when NJC cleared him, GEJ refused to reinstate him.

A Fulani prince was suspended by President Jonathan on spurious charges in contravention of CBN Act.

The irony of it is that it is the same people that justified the illegality of Jonathan that are criticising the planned CCT arraignment of the CJN.

While the CJN is being given the opportunity to defend himself, Salami and Lamido Sanusi were not accorded the same privilege.

Salami and Sanusi did nothing wrong but the democrat and his hypocritical supporters tried to justify their suspension.

There is prima facie evidence that the CJN contravened the law but 'voltron, the defenders of corruption', are all over accusing witch hunt.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by RTSC: 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2019
maasoap:

Everyone should be alarmed! We can't just fold our hands and look on. Even, if we can't do nothing about it, supporting it or against the litte efforts to stem it shouldn't be an option
But the point is buhari is removing obstacles.

To delude ourselves that he is fighting corruption is dangerous.

We need to call a spade a spade.

If you say the CJN may frustrate buhari personal ambitions.and so should be removed, I won't have any problem with you.
I may not like it, but at least you are honest.

But to claim buhari is fighting corruption by removing obstacles who may not even be among the most corrupt in the system is a dangerous mentality.

It will create a false sense of ease.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by maasoap(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
Robbin7:

Well said.
But for the records, i’m Not blinded by non of Those you listed.
Constitutionally, the NJC has to try the CJN before anybody can find him guilty.
Those money that where alleged to be linked to him, did they find the money in the house?
If he was at home prolly, he would have been arrested!!!
Can’t we just act Sanely in the eyes of the world for once?

Sanely? CJN has not been touched. EFCC can't search CJN houses without court approval. If staying away from his house is Sanely in your dictionary, I'm sorry, we're in a serious mess in this country.
No nation pampers corrupt elites like we do in Nigeria and develops.
EFCC doesn't need to find money in his house, it could be documents relating to transactions and assets which the judge himself may not be able to explain the source.
He's not the first corrupt judge with millions of foreign currencies in his accounts and he won't be the last to be discovered.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Fostercat(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
When is Magu"s own tenure ending self?

Awon were EFCC !
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by DMerciful(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
Supporting Bubu blindly has rubbished whatever intelligence you think you have. In much wisdom comes foolishness!
PassingShot:

Those who raised you don’t possess half of my intelligence. If you doubt, bring your pops for a debate grin
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by RTSC: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
Canticle:

My brother, you will not understand. A corrupt judge is more terrible than anything else because he has the power to sentence a person to death.
If we want to clean our judiciary from the most corrupt, the Attorney General is the first place to start.

He is higher, has been there for much longer, and is more corrupt.
Clean the head then move down.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Born2Breed(f): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2019
Racoon:

See the senseless government again? So despite the FHC restraining order? Nigerians pls arise.A full blown tyranny of 1983-85 Buhari era is back.

See the swiftness, alacrity, audacity & gusto the Buhari-led APC government & its lapdog appendages (EFCC, CCT,) have carried out this vendetta.Meanwhile Oshiomole, Akpabio, Ganduje, Maina, Obanikoro, OUK houses could not be searched or were they even prosecuted.

They have now gone for the highest arbiter of law in the land.Meanwhile the lawless & morally corrupt AGF as well as many of the indicted persons above in the coven of criminal saints have never ever been charged/ docked despite the many criminal & legal infractment they have committed because they belongs to the right side of the political divide.

I still maintained that the NJC, NBA, Counsel of Legal Education, Body of Benchers, lawyers, all men of good conscience must rise up to fight this tyranny.Nigeria is in big trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose’s Stomach Infrastructure Vs El-Rufai’s City Infrastructure Compared / A Kidnapper Killed By Youths In Ondo State (Graphic Photo) / Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.