Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? (9009 Views)

Men And Their Double Standards. / Why Do Guys Settle For Girls Below Their Standards / The Population Of Single Ladies Are Becoming Too High, how Can We Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by kolitos007: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2010
Tink_sh:

Wow!!! Settle down on the white girls!! What did they ever do to you?

NO I make no offence to white girls I will be honest, I am just referring to Mr Cork, and the way he is talking about Black Women, I am not dis-respecting white girls no way.

Please don't take offence to my comment ok.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 10:58am On Aug 19, 2010
Bro I have nothing against black women (stress), I love them. I just prefer white women (stress free)
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by kolitos007: 11:09am On Aug 19, 2010
Mr Cork:

Bro I have nothing against black women (stress), I love them. I just prefer white women (stress free)

You know, I know exactly what you mean smiley, I could just tell you did, its your comments and what you are looking for, which is not something you would really find with black women, so hence that's how I knew smiley, no disrespect to black women or white women, we all have our preferences. that's all
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Tinksh(f): 11:13am On Aug 19, 2010
kolitos007:

NO I make no offence to white girls I will be honest, I am just referring to Mr Cork, and the way he is talking about Black Women, I am not dis-respecting white girls no way.

Please don't take offence to my comment ok.

All good no offence taken. Just standing up for my white girls, lol!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 11:35am On Aug 19, 2010
Why is it that beautiful/ high profile women always get dumped??:

Halle berry, Maria Carey, Opara winfrey, Whitney Houston, Trisha, babara Winsor, Queen latifaaaf, SA Goddess, Omolola, Domomite, Janet Jackson,
J Lo, Fantasia, Omosexxy, ,

, next on the line: Alisha Keys
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by kolitos007: 12:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Tink_sh:

All good no offence taken. Just standing up for my white girls, lol!!

smiley You are allowed, that is really unusual smiley it is usually the other way round smiley
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Tinksh(f): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2010
kolitos007:

smiley You are allowed, that is really unusual smiley it is usually the other way round smiley

huh 'other way around'??
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MOBO444(f): 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
What kind of standard do black women want to even set, please we should just leave the black women were they are and were they will remain (which is behind).
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by kolitos007: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2010
Tink_sh:

huh 'other way around'??

Never mind only trying to be funny, to be honest, should it matter what colour the woman his, shouldn't it be about being with someone that makes you happy, than about the colour of their skin.

I don't if who am with his black, white or yellow, as long as we are happy together that is all that matters, black guys tend to feel under pressure, especially Nigerian men that they have to marry a Nigerian girl, I go through it all the time, I have been with my girl for 6 yrs now, she is English, and often my mother has made comments, that refers to black women as a better move.

I would rather just be with someone that makes me happy, no matter what standard, it should be all about love.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Tinksh(f): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2010
Absolutely! I agree.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2010
ha ha ha ha ha, AND MOBO444 tells the truth again grin grin grin grin

Bro I agree 100000 times!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by bawomolo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2010
Mr Cork:

definitely no generalizations on your part
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2010
Ok, if black is beautiful, why do black women bleach to become lighter??

What standards are they setting??
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by MrCork1: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2010
Ngerian women only dates Romantic guys

From the Village , or from the City

Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpiah: 5:16am On Aug 25, 2010
o ga oh.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpiah: 5:19am On Aug 25, 2010
anyway, i saw this topic on yahoo or somewhere.

i dont think most black women set their standards too high and neither do they have to date someone they're not physically comfortable with in the name of black solidarity.

more black women need to be open to dating outside their race and nationality, that's all.

if you must have a relationship with a man who doesnt share your exact same values like church, etc, then is it set in stone that it has to be a black guy.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by tpia5: 3:52am On Nov 13, 2010
MOBO444:

What kind of standard do black women want to even set, please we should just leave the black women were they are and were they will remain (which is behind).

i'm pretty sure your village and LGA must be a desert of sorts, ravaged by wild animals, and deserted by 95% of it's inhabitants because this type of cursed talk can only come from an accursed person.

Small time now you start wondering why you never see development.

which type of development do you want to see after selling your mother for coloured pencils.

were oshi.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by aminalib(f): 4:01am On Nov 13, 2010
so you are saying because a black woman wants a man that respects her, she is setting her standards to high? everywoman has standards, some are low to others and yes some may be high to others, but only that woman knows what she wants and what she has had in the past and what she will put up with and won't. One should never settle for less if they can bring something to the table.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by aminalib(f): 4:05am On Nov 13, 2010
Mr Cork:

Ok, if black is beautiful, why do black women bleach to become lighter??

What standards are they setting??

because those women have a color complex like you, u are always on here talking about light skin this and that, i dont know if u joke or u mean it, but there are women out there that fall for the media of what is beauty and what some men considered beautiful, so understand urself then u can understand them.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by aminalib(f): 4:09am On Nov 13, 2010
Mr Cork:

Brother u r right, Its white babes all the way. Yes i date white beauties!!

At least, they always have real hair and they dont bleach their skin!!

lol yea they just try to get tan to get darker, make sure u keep an eye out on ur white woman u dont want her to get too dark
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by unclesamtech(m): 6:02am On Nov 13, 2010
some people have lost it~
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 13, 2010
It really never ceases to amaze me Mr.Cork aka Mobo lipsrsealed can be hilarious but also quite pathetic (no offience). To disrespect a black woman and look @ your mother and claim to "love her"? boy I swear. Some black men make me cry for the black race, I seriously do.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by aminalib(f): 6:55am On Nov 13, 2010
Tink_sh:

Excuse me What is your problem? Did i say anything to you?? Mind your business, Child!!!!
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by onstelly(f): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2010
Lwkmd4h Mr cork i bet that is u in dat picture u sure look like a black monkey (no offnese)
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2010
^leave my Corkie alone! angry

(lmfao that was hella funny tho lol!)
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Mygoldie(f): 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2010
jeez the first pic with the skeleton waiting for the right man,like forever and the pic with the couple getting married made me pmsl, jeez too funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by ShyOne(f): 6:57am On Nov 14, 2010
Tink_sh:

Hehehe,  jealous much?? If you wanted my attention so badly there are other ways to get it. kiss kiss kiss Your mother must be so proud.

@ Tink:

How randomly, weird was that? Just ignore, Continue to be who you are.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by ShyOne(f): 7:05am On Nov 14, 2010
@ Cork:

I like your thread - you are good all of a sudden, what happened? I am very impressed with you.

OK - just today, my man and I were talking and - I have alot of emotional baggage from previous relationship(s) - I will be the very first person to admit this, I have been through some past BS with a previous mate and it has affected me.

My man knows this, we are talking about it OPENLY and I know for A FACT that I have more emotional baggage than he does. SO this does bother me and I am actively working through this so that when we marry at the beginning of the New Year it won't be too harsh on our relationship.

On his end - he is extremely controlling - As a couple we will have these two areas to work on, I just wanted to contribute to your thread as I found it very, coincidental that you would post this the very day that he and I had deep conversation regarding "emotional baggage."

Cork - thank you for demonstrating your maturity that I somehow never saw in you before - it is very refreshing and pleasant.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Jabulana(m): 7:13am On Nov 14, 2010
Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High?  Not @ all the equation is simple she does not want a man sitting on his backside day in day out, Just as men don't. I for one do not want my woman sitting on her backside day in day out niggling. Life is give and take, relationship will be enjoyable if  both of you put in effort.
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by Tinksh(f): 7:20am On Nov 14, 2010
Shy-One:

@ Tink:

How randomly, weird was that? Just ignore, Continue to be who you are.

Hehe, i know!! Thanks lovely. Some people need to just say no to drugs, wink wink
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by AnnMarie1(f): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2010
some of us can be a Bit B!tchy if I must say. I do agree it can be a put off to black men
Re: Are Black Women Setting Their Standards Too High? by SALady(f): 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2010
@Topic I think black man decided to drop his standards as soon as he realised how limited he is, but somehow forgot to circulate the memo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kissing In Public- Is It Wrong? / Any Male Enhancement Pills Known By Anyone?? / Britain Girl Slept With Many Men While Exploring America Recording Their Climax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.