Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,710 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (78779 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (109) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
^^^
Ramirez should hit the gym before even thinking of getting into the first team. I mean he gets robbed off the ball easily and I'm yet to see any positive contribution from him after more than 180 mins of football besides giving the ball away. He sometimes reminds me of Haruna Lukman except that the latter is very daft. hahaha)))
Josh could use that playing time and space. The boys needs it. The confidence it there for all to see.

Lotti already gave DS some "coded" warning about playing for the team 'cos imo Sturridge is just out there playing for himself and you could say he is a a very poor version of Adam Johnson.  cheesy

I could be wrong but it does seems to me that Ivanovic is not very happy for whatever reason. He is not the same as last season. Not just yet anyways. His facial expression tells it all.

But then, it is always good news to have a player of Bose's quality. Other teams are in trouble. Who knows, Bose might be deployed as a RM. Oh dear!!!

Whatever decision Lotti makes, we have no choice but to stick by it. 3 points is the koko.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by allboyz(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
i see a 159 games record destroyed in the next 48 hrs! grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
You know you need some serious spectacles.  tongue grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Cristalz(f): 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ibime.  .  .you sure it's still safe calling your team Mend FC after today's bomb explosions? grin

FBS:

You know you need some serious spectacles.  tongue grin

The dude could be right, y'know.

Chelsea could feel relaxed 'cos of Arsenal's injuries and get some nasty surprises as a result.
Y'allz defense has got to remain super alert. . .''underdogs'' tend to fight like suicide bombers. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
Sorry darling. I hope you weren't scared witless by the boyz today. Any attempt by MEND to launder its image through MEND FC will be resisted, and as such we have decided to change our name. Stay tuned for more updates.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Cristalz(f): 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
LOL grin
Nah, I wasn't scared.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 02, 2010
Young Drogba. Nw we really know Drogba is 32.

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
Cristalz:

The dude could be right, y'know.

Chelsea could feel relaxed 'cos of Arsenal's injuries and get some nasty surprises as a result.
Y'allz defense has got to remain super alert. . .''underdogs'' tend to fight like suicide bombers. grin
Forget abourit. Ya both dreaming. cheesy

On the other hand, I think Manure is in for a disgrace today. tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Cristalz(f): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
Seems you're in dreamland as well. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
Dreams come through but only for The Blues.  tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by mukina2: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
you wish tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2010
You say what? tongue grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by mukina2: 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2010
I say you wish tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2010
You say what?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by allboyz(m): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2010
na who help Drogba do this Juju Huh
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by cabali(m): 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2010
On the game with Arsenal I'd say we were just lucky that arsenal will never change their style. I say they played well but just have one and only one way of scoring; walk into the face of the post and slot in.

This just doesnt work with chelsea and the kinda defence we put up. The day they start shooting from out the 18; thats when the entire EPL will have to be afraid, otherwise, they wont beat us; even in the Emirate.

My player of the day was Mikel. i am not a fan of his but today that lad made me believe in him. Not a single wrong move or pass from him, Great work. Fabianski was incredible. He stopped the ones he could. Drogba's goal was unstoppable. so was Alex's.

We needed the 3 points especially when Man U drew and Man city is hard at our backs!!

Good to be BLUE once again.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 6:03am On Oct 04, 2010
cabali:

On the game with Arsenal I'd say we were just lucky that arsenal will never change their style. I say they played well but just have one and only one way of scoring; walk into the face of the post and slot in.

This just doesnt work with chelsea and the kinda defence we put up. The day they start shooting from out the 18; thats when the entire EPL will have to be afraid, otherwise, they wont beat us; even in the Emirate.

My player of the day was Mikel. i am not a fan of his but today that lad made me believe in him. Not a single wrong move or pass from him, Great work. Fabianski was incredible. He stopped the ones he could. Drogba's goal was unstoppable. so was Alex's.

We needed the 3 points especially when Man U drew and Man city is hard at our backs!!

Good to be BLUE once again.

Dude, that was not luck. I am yet to see a game of Arsenal's where they didn't dominate. That's just the way they play. They assemble a group of fine passers of the ball and forget about everything else. If they start shooting from outside the goal, they will also learn how to defend in a compact way. Terry, Alex and Ivanovic were willing to die in front of goal blocking every move like their lives depended on it.

If Anelka and Essien converted their chances when they were through on goal, it woulda been murder. Let's watch the games against Wigan and Stoke and see how we pass them to death, but we can mix up when we have to. That's the difference. Until the day Arsenal learn that you have to mix-up play sometimes, they probably will never score a goal against us, let alone win.

I said earlier that some Arsenal fans have not witnessed an Arsenal win over Chelsea.  grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 8:22am On Oct 04, 2010
What a barnstorming 100 miles per hour match. CRACKING!
The usual stuff. . . possession game to arsenal, 3 points to Chelsea with the usual combo - Ashley- Drogba!!!

Mikel - He is improving everyday and won virtually every tackle and NEVER lost the BALL. The pass to find Ramirez was worth 500K. Good job dude.

Ramirez - oh Ramirez, full of energy and I'm sure he could run from Lagos to Abuja without getting tired but the lad loses the ball at least once in every five "battles". Against more lethal teams, it could have proved costly. However, he won a vital tackle and had a sublime pre-assist - Now, that one is worth 1M.  grin.

Didier Drogba - FILL IN THE GAPS!!!  grin

ALEX! - That was a rocket. A STINGER to be precise.  grin Did anyone notice that he blasted it through the hole created by Florence?
Now I know why nets are used. Had that ball hit someone nko?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by ritchboy(m): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2010
Dude, that was not luck.

do you have an alternate word for it? cheesy

I am yet to see a game of Arsenal's where they didn't dominate.

Xavi says hi.

They assemble a group of fine passers of the ball and forget about everything else. If they start shooting from outside the goal, they will also learn how to defend in a compact way.

I'll definitely agree that Arsenal need to defend better as a unit but all those other ones like not shooting from outside the area, etc na myths. . .

If Anelka and Essien converted their chances when they were through on goal, it woulda been murder.

If Koscielny converted the first real chance of the game. . . if Chamakh converted one of those headers. . . if Nasri and Arshavin converted those shots. . . if Wenger had a pony-tail grin grin grin

Until the day Arsenal learn that you have to mix-up play sometimes, they probably will never score a goal against us, let alone win.

now this is just BS of the most prestigious pedigree! i no blame you, i blame Wenger for refusing to play Arshavin through the middle and Van Persie for being an unrepentant crock cheesy

I said earlier that some Arsenal fans have not witnessed an Arsenal win over Chelsea.

hehehehe, savor ur victory well well y'hear?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by HNIC(m): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2010
nateevs:

If Anelka and Essien converted their chances when they were through on goal, it woulda been murder.
@Nateevs
I know you typed this immediately after the match grin
Game of Ifs. . . , . . . . .
If Chamakh had headed home 34 seconds into play(Cech didn't have his angle covered)
A greater if. . . .If LK6 had not headed over the bar from 2 yards out shocked shocked shocked shocked
Both teams had chances and Chelsea utilised theirs in full.
Hence the 2-0 scoreline
If you are honest with yourrself, the game was different from the 2 games played last season,where Arsenal were simply woeful
Arsenal weren't just 'pass and pass'
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by HNIC(m): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2010
nateevs:

I said earlier that some Arsenal fans have not witnessed an Arsenal win over Chelsea. grin grin grin
@ nateevs
grin grin grin
November 30,2008
Less than 2 years ago.
Robin Van Persie Violated Stamford bridge tongue
Or was that not an Arsenal win?or na draw?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by ritchboy(m): 9:52am On Oct 04, 2010
HNIC:

@ nateevs
grin grin grin
November 30,2008
Less than 2 years ago.

HNIC, this doesnt count. . . because back then, Arsenal knew how to "shoot from distance" and "mix up play", things they seem to have forgotten how to do! grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 11:27am On Oct 04, 2010
Not a surprise result.We have continually carved out a strategy of beating arsenal.Let them have have the ball for much of the game,hit them on the break and utilize our chances in full.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2010
chrisical:

Not a surprise result.We have continually carved out a strategy of beating arsenal.Let them have have the ball for much of the game,hit them on the break and utilize our chances in full.     

That was my prediction prior to the match and it came to pass. . . . footie is becoming too predictable these days

Arsenal ending the season without a trophy and Drogba's infinite domination over them has been the story for the past 5 seasons.

at this rate, bookmakers like williamhill will be forced out of business cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 11:54am On Oct 04, 2010
FBS:

What a barnstorming 100 miles per hour match. CRACKING!
The usual stuff. . . possession game to arsenal, 3 points to Chelsea with the usual combo - Ashley- Drogba!!!

How I wish we could play them every week tongue . . . .3 pts doesn't get any easier than that.

FBS:

Mikel - He is improving everyday and won virtually every tackle and NEVER lost the BALL. The pass to find Ramirez was worth 500K. Good job dude.

Ramirez - oh Ramirez, full of energy and I'm sure he could run from Lagos to Abuja without getting tired but the lad loses the ball at least once in every five "battles". Against more lethal teams, it could have proved costly. However, he won a vital tackle and had a sublime pre-assist - Now, that one is worth 1M.  grin.

I don't know if it's just me but Ramires seems like an Essein clone to me. . . his performance yesterday was reminiscent of a younger Essien

Mikel has been outstanding this season. . he's probably the most confident Chelsea player with the ball. His assurance and composure on the ball is

peerless. I'm happy that he has proven his critics wrong and as they say, "success is the best form of revenge". kudos to him
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2010
jalether:

How I wish we could play them every week  tongue  . . . .3 pts doesn't get any easier than that.

I don't know if it's just me but Ramires seems like an Essein clone to me. . . his performance yesterday was reminiscent of a younger Essien

Mikel has been outstanding this season. . he's probably the most confident Chelsea player with the ball. His assurance and composure on the ball is

peerless. I'm happy that he has proven his critics wrong and as they say, "success is the best form of revenge". kudos to him
3 points was the koko and the boys delivered. Just what the doctor prescribed.
Ramirez lost the ball continuously yesterday (especially in the first half), just like in all the matches he played in till date. How you go say he plays like Essien the BISSON!!!
Not taking anything away from that vital pass of his and the abundance of energy, he clearly needs to work on his ball retention skills. He should take some lessons from Mikel.
Overall, the whole team delivered. Cech was CLASS!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
All our injured players(benayoun,kalou,lamps and bosingwa) should be back after the international break.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Oct 04, 2010
Sharapp for here!!!!!

Una don see Motherless, Hopeless, Senseless, idiotic, Mor0nic, Concobility team to molest.

Abeg go find una size. Everyone know say Assanal and West Brom na mates.

U dey celebrate winning a team that has been trophyless for almost a decade.

Should Hulk Hogan be celebrating when he beats Aki and Pawpaw.

Chelsea una dey shame me embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by jalether(m): 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2010
FBS:

3 points was the koko and the boys delivered. Just what the doctor prescribed.
Ramirez lost the ball continuously yesterday (especially in the first half), just like in all the matches he played in till date. How you go say he plays like Essien the BISSON???!!!
Not taking anything away from that vital pass of his and the abundance of energy, he clearly needs to work on his ball retention skills. He should take some lessons from Mikel.
Overall, the whole team delivered. Cech was CLASS!!!

I definitely disagree

Passing is not one of Essien's key strengths and I'm sure Ibime and Nateevs especially can testify to that. . . . in our midfield, I dare say Lampard and Mikel

are the only proven players in that regard. If anything, Essien is only [b]marginally [/b]better than him at passing. . .Ramires's problem lies in trying to find

difficult passes. . . He only needs to keep it simple.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2010
Essiens passing has improved a lot.

I've never been fan of Ramires technical skills except his ability to run, run and run covers all sins. Ramires usefulness will be more evident when Bosingwa returns. He will be used to cover the right side whenever Bosingwa goes marauding ala Maicon/Ramires partnership for Brazil.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2010
@HNIC and Ritchie. .

Incase you didn't notice. . . We won 2-0. . . So I am not pressured into using "IFs". . . . It was only a sarcastic response to an earlier post.
And this,

HNIC:

@ nateevs
grin grin grin
November 30,2008
Less than 2 years ago.

Is the dumbest thing alive. . . . I said "SOME" Arsenal fans have not witnessed an Arsenal win over Chelsea. .emphasizing how long it's been since y'all had a win. Afterall, some people started supporting Arsenal only 2 years ago. . . . . If however your defence is to go back 2 years in history. . . then you only just prove my point.

While yours is a surprise, it's well understood how ritchie jumps on the bandwagon. . .dude's not new to bull_shit
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by ritchboy(m): 12:25am On Oct 05, 2010
Incase you didn't notice. . . We won 2-0. . . So I am not pressured into using "IFs". . . . It was only a sarcastic response to an earlier post.

the beauty of the internet. . . anyone can type rubbish and then blame it on "sarcasm" even when there was nothing remotely sarcastic about the aforementioned rubbish. cheesy

I said "SOME" Arsenal fans have not witnessed an Arsenal win over Chelsea. .emphasizing how long it's been since y'all had a win. Afterall, some people started supporting Arsenal only 2 years ago

more classic rubbish. . . pray tell, do you know any Arsenal fan who started supporting Arsenal after that match?

Peep This: "some Chelsea fans have never witnessed a Chelsea win over Arsenal"
Afterall, some people started supporting Chelsea yesterday, no?

I'm embarrassed on your behalf!!!

it's well understood how ritchie jumps on the bandwagon. . .dude's not new to bull_shit

How could i possibly be new to BS when people like you constantly peddle it before my very eyes? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (109)

Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.