Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,558 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix (21723 Views)

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / As Apple Declines Tecno, Itel And Infinix Dominates Africa And Middle East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by oyepaulkay(m): 11:14am On Jan 23, 2019
loveliveshere:

Please did you order from aliexpress, if yes did you pay custom charges?

I ordered through Jumia March last year during their mobile week.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by oyepaulkay(m): 11:16am On Jan 23, 2019
MissingBudget:

How much is your Xiaomi?

I bought it N42900 March 2018

It's a 3GB RAM 32GB ROM
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by jetz(m): 11:51am On Jan 23, 2019
Ennyholar:

Xiaomi are cheaper because you bought them outside Nigeria, wait till they get here

go and study and understand how Xiaomi runs it's marketing and sales also compare their prices to all regions in the world they don't hike price point fyi they always run their outlet emselves to cover cost and cub inflated sales by retailers out there, the more reason it's extremely popular in India ryt now, the sub redmi is gonna give you value for your money on midrange-highend specs

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
Delivar:

I am not a Tecno marketer. I am only posting with common sense. The point I am trying to make is that you should not condemn what is actually helping some other people just because you feel you can afford the premium products. Without Tecno a lot of people wouldn't own smartphones so I will say Tecno is not actually useless cos they are filling a void. It's just like being broke and using Tecno, then eventually you became rich and purchased an iPhone and started condemning Tecno that helped you when you were poor.

i Got your point sir.

but trying to Generalize it isnt Good Enough
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by psoul12: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2019
They may find it difficult here in Africa because Tecno, Infinix and other already dominating African already...
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
When you have used tecno or infinix phones for a while.
And you lay hands on a xiaomi or huawei phone.
You realise tecno and infinix devices are java enhanced devices with android footprint, a washed out display with poor internal and external materials, made for low expectancy.

Tecno and infinix phones are for the rich, because you will always find reasons to buy their next device, if no be ram, e go be battery or screen just after a week use.

Xiaomi phones are just in another level, sometimes I feel xiaomi have a backdoor to purchasing phone parts so as to sell it for such affordable prices.

A xiaomi phone of 60k is worth more than a tecno or infinix phone sold for 150k. Every xiaomi phone has a 120% value worth. Every tecno or infinix phone has -35% value worth.
Anyone who thinks anything I wrote is false or unverified should quote me.

My doogee y6 max of 2017 is performing at such an incredibly level after a year plus, still no tecno or infinix phone can compare to it in terms of price or specs.
Let alone comparing any of these cheap mediocre devices from infinix and tecno to xiaomi who from China conquered India technological market in 2years.

Posters who are saying xiaomi will struggle should visit the xiaomi thread on nairaland. They aren't here officially they have dethroned every phone brand...
If xiaomi price is affordable now, just wait till they come here officially.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by mojounited(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

You really think Xiaomi hasn't planned all that out
grin grin.

They made Redmi a sub brand to cater for things like that. The Redmi Note 7 has 4GB RAM, 4G Support, 48MP Camera , Snapdragon Chip, Quick Charge 4, 4000maH and more and it costs less than N60k

Trust me they know what they're doing and they're even planning to launch Android Go phones to take on the low-end iTel devices.
Please, where and how can I purchase one?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
mojounited:

Please, where and how can I purchase one?

Available on AliExpress
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Behankey(m): 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
Feranchek:
For y'all thinking it'll be another Tecno, rethink cos this phone is on same class as Samsung and iPhone. Yes! I said it.... IPhone! So in terms of price, hehehehe, you go spend money ooo! I just hope they don't compromise their standards for the Nigerian market cos these Nigerians love to spend less for more.
Fair point. And that's why Tecno and Infinix will always be leading here
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Behankey(m): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
Competition is healthy. So it is welcome. Tecno will do more and Xiaomi will have their work cut out.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by sureinfo: 1:57am On Feb 11, 2019
true talk,TECNO has really dominated the market so if they think the want some share in the market,theres a lot of work they have to do
Behankey:
Competition is healthy. So it is welcome. Tecno will do more and Xiaomi will have their work cut out.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by sureinfo: 1:58am On Feb 11, 2019
that has always been their bragging right,especially TECNO mobile,the produce good devices at very affordable rates.
Behankey:
Fair point. And that's why Tecno and Infinix will always be leading here
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Behankey(m): 10:21am On Feb 17, 2019
sureinfo:
that has always been their bragging right,especially TECNO mobile,the produce good devices at very affordable rates.
yeah. We live in a partnfo the world that prioritize fair price
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Behankey(m): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2019
sureinfo:
true talk,TECNO has really dominated the market so if they think the want some share in the market,theres a lot of work they have to do
You get it. It will take a lot to displace the likes of Tecno

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Use More Than 100mb Using Droid Vpn Free Account / Mancity Camon CX Limited Edition Rumored Specs And Spy Images / Tecno N3 Or Tecno T3, which one?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.