Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix (21233 Views)

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / As Apple Declines Tecno, Itel And Infinix Dominates Africa And Middle East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Baroba(m): 7:47am On Jan 22, 2019
They are even moving into western Europe, I just saw advert of Xiaomi mi8 in Argos on Facebook.. The will probably grab the mid range market from Sammy and Co..Good development..
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:48am On Jan 22, 2019
cry
calddon:
Good writeup, Good move.
Tecno, infinix, itel... everything transsion all in trouble. grin

I just hope the dont give us 'Xiaomi Nigeria' the same way KIA and Hyundai make vehicles targeted for the Nigerian markets that dont have second hand value because their bodies are made of plastics.

Bia @op its 'Transsion Holdings' not 'Transsision'

My bad.. Just noticed the typo. Thanks
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by calddon(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
cry

My bad.. Just noticed the typo. Thanks
Uwc. Once again nice writeup
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by otunba88(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2019
Same way oppo is in Nigeria, high time tecno nd co see real competition.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Abfinest007(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2019
it is finish for tecno n d rest that don want to improve
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Elijah4332: 7:51am On Jan 22, 2019
Xaomi should open in Lagos o...

VI or Ikeja abi any of the malls sha. cool
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by onyidon21: 7:54am On Jan 22, 2019
lilmax:
lol

is xiaomi ready to make substandard products?

because Africans like LOW products not quality

You are wrong. Africans don't necessarily like substandard products. Africans want quality products like others; the only difference is that Africans are highly sensitive to price Xiaomi is going to do really well in Africa because they will give Africa quality products at reasonable prices.

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by oyepaulkay(m): 7:54am On Jan 22, 2019
Xiaomi about to shake the tables.

Quality smartphones at affordable prices.

grin

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by ChristineC: 7:55am On Jan 22, 2019
Never you mention Xiaomi in same sentence with Techno & Infinix again undecided

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by BruncleZuma: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2019
Dem dey call Tecno, Infinox and Itel like say nah three different entities ....hahahahaha

Mehn the paddy above dey really para ooo
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by pek(m): 7:58am On Jan 22, 2019
Cyb3rhack3r:

Nice move... Abeg they should do and come here
You can make your comment without quoting the whole write up.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by onyidon21: 7:59am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Gionee tried similar thing yet they lost it
Gionee is nothing compared to xiaomi. We are talking about the world's fifth biggest phone brand and you mentioning Gionee that is not competitive globally

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 22, 2019
onyidon21:
Gionee is nothing compared to xiaomi. We are talking about the world's fifth biggest phone brand and you mentioning Gionee that is not competitive globally
Xiaomi will have a difficult time competing with tecno in Africa. Samsung is loosing its relevance yet how much Xiaomi that thinks of penetrating
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by eleojo23: 8:05am On Jan 22, 2019
It's about time...

Typing from a Xiaomi Redmi Note... grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by wehdone(m): 8:06am On Jan 22, 2019
Protein0:

Good morning kiss

Sup bro... Make we talk. I need ur number for business... I will tag you somewhere.

I have ur number, I will call you. Thanks
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by MissingBudget: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2019
Where is Huawei, Gioneee today in the Nigerian market? Transsion has existed for twelve years in Nigeria for a reason.

How many people can afford the quality of phones Xiaomi would make? Unless they lower their standards and therefore their prices, it would be difficult for them.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by MissingBudget: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2019
oyepaulkay:
Xiaomi about to shake the tables.

Quality smartphones at affordable prices.

grin

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime.

How much is your Xiaomi?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by onyidon21: 8:08am On Jan 22, 2019
Feranchek:
For y'all thinking it'll be another Tecno, rethink cos this phone is on same class as Samsung and iPhone. Yes! I said it.... IPhone! So in terms of price, hehehehe, you go spend money ooo! I just hope they don't compromise their standards for the Nigerian market cos these Nigerians love to spend less for more.
Definitely, it's not coming to compete with tecno, infinix and the rest, it's coming to compete with the big boys Samsung, huawei, oppo etc

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by pyrex23(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:
The gionee that is currently bankrupt? Well gionee and xiaomi aren't even mates in the phone market..
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by martineverest(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2019
I really pity Tecno and infinix,they can't compete with Xiaomi
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 22, 2019
for me after Huawei, il give it to Xiaomi. the rest can take their props from Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by martineverest(m): 8:09am On Jan 22, 2019
onyidon21:
Definitely, it's not coming to compete with tecno, infinix and the rest, it's coming to compete with the big boys Samsung, huawei, oppo etc
lol

Xiaomi make better flagships than Tecno and infinix At cheaper prices...look at what they did to Micromax in india
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by donbenie(m): 8:10am On Jan 22, 2019
lilmax:
lol

is xiaomi ready to make substandard products?

because Africans like LOW products not quality
The average Xiaomi phone is already of superior quality to TECNO's even with cheaper prices..

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 22, 2019
pyrex23:

The gionee that is currently bankrupt?
Well gionee and xiaomi aren't even mates in the phone market..
Yes Gionee is bankrupt but they gave a fight few years back in Africa. They couldn't compete favourably with tecno because it was difficult for them similar fate await Xiaomi. The African market isn't the same with European and American.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by martineverest(m): 8:12am On Jan 22, 2019
danjumakolo:
Xiomi not coming to Nigeria to compete with techno and co but with iPhone,Sammy, Nokia etc
lol...u don't know xiaomi .. they give u Samsung galaxy s and note specs at Tecno price

end of Tecno is near

9 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by alizma: 8:14am On Jan 22, 2019
calddon:
Good writeup, Good move.
Tecno, infinix, itel... everything transsion all in trouble. grin

I just hope the dont give us 'Xiaomi Nigeria' the same way KIA and Hyundai make vehicles targeted for the Nigerian markets that dont have second hand value because their bodies are made of plastics.

Bia @op its 'Transsion Holdings' not 'Transsision'
when you mentioned transsion I thought I was going to read something positive, because knowing that name should have mean that you know more of that sector but I wonder how come you seems not to know that Xiomi has been in Nigeria and it has not done well and no it's equals.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by maasoap(m): 8:14am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Gionee management board was the architect of Gionee's downfall. I still have my Gionee P2 of 2014 working perfectly and lying idle in my room. The screen didn't even scratch, imagine!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store / Blackberry Users In The House, Does Whatsapp Still Function On Your Phone? / Get Your Phone Softwares Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.