Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life (6095 Views)

If You Have Never Dated This Type Of Babe, You Have Never Lived (pics) / After Bbnaija My Girlfriend Will Get The Shock Of Her Life / Have You Ever Dated This Kind Of Person? If Not, Try Biko. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by 5ublime: 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
Knowing how the Nigerian system is with thousands of graduates roaming the streets without jobs, I wanted my case to be different. So all through my years in the university as an undergrad I was a novice who never had a girlfriend. I honestly envied my friends who had all the fine girls flocking around them. They were big time players- lover boys, if you would. But sincerely, I wanted to concentrate on my studies, graduate with a good grade and hopefully get a type of job my ancestors would never have dreamt of in their wildest imagination. My life was boring, strict and my routine was fixed- if it wasn’t classes, it would be library or fellowship. I was a classic example of the “good guy.” But deep down within me I had a taste for classic chicks but there was just no time for flexing around. Then one day something happened.

I got a call from one of my siblings who was on vacation in America. By now I had finally graduated with good grades and gotten the job of my dreams in a world class marketing consulting firm in Lagos. So after enduring a very socially awkward life as an entry level staff, I started thinking of how to free myself and blend in. That call I got was all it took to switch things up for me. My big sister had found a good girl for me; an ideal girl in fact.

[img]https://i.redd.it/j3apnkjyeec21.jpg[/img]

Then my fears started to eat me up from inside. All through school I was just a loner who was so lost in my own world in my quest for achieving a better life that I never bothered to get into relationships. But I was shocked when I started talking with the girl. Anabel is the type of girl your MCM will do anything to go out with. She’s cute, of average height, fair with very dark and long hair, and has a very strong American accent. Although she’s of African descent, she’s not Nigerian. And to my surprise she loved me even more when she heard I was a rookie relationship-wise. She said being with me was like starting afresh for her after having suffered uncountable heartbreaks. Our love started growing and soon not a day ever passed by without us chatting or speaking on the phone. We often laughed a lot and talked about our future together until she started making unimaginable requests. Yes, even sometimes unexpected! 

She first started by asking me to send her Kilishi. The first one I sent was ordered freshly from Abuja; she loved the peppery/sugary taste, shared it with her white friends and colleagues who ate it all the same day it landed in the States. Then she wouldn’t let me rest as she started pestering me to send her Ankara stuffs and other cool fashion accessories made from African print fabrics. 

Ankara? African print fabrics? America? I just wouldn’t stop wondering. In fact, she even went ahead to send me pictures of her favourite celebs proudly adorned in Ankara tops, carrying Ankara bags, wearing Ankara-laced earrings and all that. All of them- from Rihana to Beyonce- had made her and those around her in Atlanta fall so much in love with everything African. 

Quickly, I asked a female colleague (who I was already warming up to before getting hooked up with my American girl) about what to do. I mean where would I get these things in the best fashion possible with designs that stun and turn heads even in yanky? That was how she mentioned African Things - and they not only saved the day, they also saved my relationship. They’ve kept my girl’s passion in Africa alive and even turned her to an evangelist of African designs and print- especially through her accessories which I always get from them for her after choosing by herself on www.africanthings.org They in fact helped ship it right to her doorstep. 

The relationship is on fire and everything is now set for our traditional wedding. When she eventually comes to Naija, we’ll be visiting all African Things’ stores in different parts of Lagos to make sure she gets to shop by herself this time around. Guess where our first stop would be at? - The Ikeja City Mall! 

In short, love is sweet!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2019
CRAP angry

14 Likes

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Shookonekilla: 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
NOBODY CARES

GROW UP

14 Likes

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Newboss(m): 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
Nice marketing strategy, bro

16 Likes

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Rextizz(m): 4:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
Make sure you marry her bro, they are simply the best, 100% times better than Nigerian girls.

Thunder will strike anyone that quote me, maintain your lane.

5 Likes

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by estemi(f): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
Shookonekilla:
NOBODY CARES

GROW UP
No one cares about your thought so keep it

1 Like

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Oluwadamilola88: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
estemi:
No one cares about your thought so keep it
That's a nice write up guy, we actually care
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by estemi(f): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
Congratulations bro. Don't let her go
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Oluwadamilola88: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2019
Rextizz:
Make sure you marry her bro, they are simply the best, 100% times better than Nigerian girls.

Thunder will not strike me in jesus name ....Holy ghost fire

8 Likes

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by TimiRume(f): 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2019
I'm afraid for her already. I hope this writeup is not a subtle way to persuade yourself to stick with her. grin
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Rextizz(m): 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
Oluwadamilola88:
grin

1 Like

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Donniefred(m): 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
Marketing 101 grin

5 Likes

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Headlesschicken(m): 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2019
undecided Dix n!gga sounds like a sissy to me...
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by mumin170: 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
Brs u don carry mami water!! obituary
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Sparky223: 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
I am American so trust me when I say this. Do not take her to Ikeja Mall. I have been there. You can fit 6 Ikeja Malls into one of ours. She will not be impressed. She will be more excited to visit a traditional Nigerian market which I can't do because I am white. I have to pay the white mans tax.

5 Likes

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by damilexki(m): 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
Dat cool cool mehn
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Sholah96(m): 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
I'm in love with ur marketing skills.
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2019
HavocGirlMile99:
CRAP angry

Jealousy
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
Unseriousboy:

Jealousy

Jealous of what?
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by grandstar(m): 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
Sparky223:
I am American so trust me when I say this. Do not take her to Ikeja Mall. I have been there. You can fit 6 Ikeja Malls into one of ours. She will not be impressed. She will be more excited to visit a traditional Nigerian market which I can't do because I am white. I have to pay the white mans tax.

Though African American she'd be treated no different than you when she opens her mouth! He should plead with her to keep her lips sealed!
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by faithfull18(f): 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
Rextizz:

One of which you will still end up with.

Sitting down waiting for the thunder cool
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by tbibuzz(m): 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
Give am belle before anoda sharp com
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by AeroplaneApple: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
estemi:
Congratulations bro. Don't let her go
the nigger is just marketing
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by saltycreatordra: 10:54pm On Jan 24, 2019
I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life - Romance - Nairaland hero sele without display
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by otipoju(m): 12:27am On Jan 25, 2019
Rextizz:

Most times this is not true. Most times. Most times.
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by shadrama(m): 12:52am On Jan 25, 2019
for your mind

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by BareFacedLies(m): 1:22am On Jan 25, 2019
Where is the shock you got?
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by fox26: 1:33am On Jan 25, 2019
You are dreaming my bro. It could sound better if you were shipping drugs to her to sell for you. Nonprofit deal angry
Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by HerrDamilord(m): 2:46am On Jan 25, 2019
I hope y'all eventually realize that dude was merely trying to advertise his site lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: I Dated This Foreign Girl And Got The Shock Of My Life by Delaw00(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2019
Lwkmd
Oluwadamilola88:

(1) (Reply)

The Role Of A Girlfriend In A Relationship / Lady With The Massive Cur’ves Would Leave You Wanna Go Down Low -see Photos / 40 Powerful Photos From Around The World That Will Break Your Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.