Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,366 members, 7,954,485 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:07 PM

Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe - Pets (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe (54334 Views)

Rate My Caucasian / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
IamAnderson:

they are cute grin
Mr Anderson sir, so I discovered today that Blaze is cool and also gentle, tho he plays on his own or whenever someone is playing with him unlike Ruby, she's restless doesn't get tired of playing unless she wants to sleep, very agile and active.
Could it be because of his age or that's how they are naturally at puppy stage. I wouldn't want a cool and gentle Caucasian when it start growing
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2020
Segunhife:
Mr Anderson sir, so I discovered today that Blaze is cool and also gentle, tho he plays on his own or whenever someone is playing with him unlike Ruby, she's restless doesn't get tired of playing unless she wants to sleep, very agile and active.
Could it be because of his age or that's how they are naturally at puppy stage. I wouldn't want a cool and gentle Caucasian when it start growing
he's still a puppy, different puppies have different behaviors growing up.
it doesn't necessarily mean that's how the dog's adult behavior will be.
he's still getting used to his new home and growing

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
IamAnderson:

he's still a puppy, different puppies have different behaviors growing up.
it doesn't necessarily mean that's how the dog's adult behavior will be.
he's still getting used to his new home and growing
OK sir
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Segunhife:
OK sir
is there any advice you'll give?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 1:48am On Jul 04, 2020
Segunhife:
45k sir
wait what
U mean the Caucasian is 45k?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Namdeenero(m): 4:03am On Jul 04, 2020
Spanishmilf:
wait what
Lol e mad you? Dogs don’t have fixed prices you know. Everything depends on who’s selling. But some people usually buy off whole litters at tender age very cheap to reseller later
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Geepee77(m): 8:35am On Jul 04, 2020
Segunhife:
45k sir

Sorry I mean the Caucasian grin because it's not possible to buy this cute Caucasian for 45k grin

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2020
Namdeenero:
Lol e mad you? Dogs don’t have fixed prices you know. Everything depends on who’s selling. But some people usually buy off whole litters at tender age very cheap to reseller later
I will say that some jackpot tbvh.
If na me I fit buy the whole litter grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2020
Abeg if u get Caucasian at that price range quote me abeg
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Abeg if u get Caucasian at that price range quote me abeg
he said 45k for the gsd not the Caucasian lol

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
IamAnderson:

he said 45k for the gsd not the Caucasian lol
oh
Lol grin
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
Geepee77:

Sorry I mean the Caucasian grin because it's not possible to buy this cute Caucasian for 45k grin
aswr
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Geepee77:

cheesy grin 140k sir
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
Spanishmilf:
wait what
45k, if I see Caucasian like the one I got for that amount, I’ll buy 5 of it
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
Namdeenero:
even if you are buying a Caucasian at a tender age, I don’t think one can get one for 45k
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Geepee77(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Segunhife:
cheesy grin 140k sir

I for fear ooh, at first that 45k muzz me.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
grin
Geepee77:

I for fear ooh, at first that 45k muzz me.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by wizi44(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
IamAnderson:
Roscoe at 8months grin
i finally got him to look up and I captured his face lol it took like 30minutes and 30 pics.
he's a terrible model tbh grin
pls can you share how you stopped the food aggression
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
wizi44:
pls can you share how you stopped the food aggression
uhmm sorry, what food aggression?
I can't really remember
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mr Anderson sir, Blaze faeces is always watery, is it normal?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by wizi44(m): 12:07am On Jul 05, 2020
IamAnderson:

I can't really remember
you said in one of your posts that Roscoe does not have food, fear, dog aggression. My question is, how were you able to stop it if Roscoe had it? or how were you able to stop it from developing?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2020
Segunhife:
Mr Anderson sir, Blaze faeces is always watery, is it normal?
did you just switch his diet?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2020
wizi44:
you said in one of your posts that Roscoe does not have food, fear, dog aggression. My question is, how were you able to stop it if Roscoe had it? or how were you able to stop it from developing?
oh okay
to tackle food aggression you have to show the dog that you have the authority to take away his food at any time.
it's best done when the dog is still a pup.
before you feed the dog, give it the sit command and do not drop the food until it's sitting.
then while it's eating, take away the food and do not drop it until the dog is obeying you and sitting again.
this will show the dog that you have the power to take away it's meal at any time and with time, even as the dog is an adult you can simply pick up it's plate while eating and it'll sit and wait for you to drop it back instead of growling or biting you.
another way is to put your hand into the dog's mouth frequently to desensitize the dog to you taking things from it's mouth.
you'll appreciate this when it's time to give tablets or you have to pull out something dangerous from your dog's mouth.
once in a while, give your dog something and put your hand in it's mouth and take it back, then don't return it until the dog is sitting and waiting for you to return it.
then another method is to put your hand in your dog's meal to drop things the dog likes so the dog will associate your hands in it's food with something good.
if you do all this, even as an adult, your dog will let you take and put anything inside it's mouth of plate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2020
IamAnderson:

did you just switch his diet?
I have been giving him the same thing since day one which is chicken and indomie, and also dry food too
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by wizi44(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2020
IamAnderson:

oh okay
to tackle food aggression you have to show the dog that you have the authority to take away his food at any time.
it's best done when the dog is still a pup.
before you feed the dog, give it the sit command and do not drop the food until it's sitting.
then while it's eating, take away the food and do not drop it until the dog is obeying you and sitting again.
this will show the dog that you have the power to take away it's meal at any time and with time, even as the dog is an adult you can simply pick up it's plate while eating and it'll sit and wait for you to drop it back instead of growling or biting you.
another way is to put your hand into the dog's mouth frequently to desensitize the dog to you taking things from it's mouth.
you'll appreciate this when it's time to give tablets or you have to pull out something dangerous from your dog's mouth.
once in a while, give your dog something and put your hand in it's mouth and take it back, then don't return it until the dog is sitting and waiting for you to return it.
then another method is to put your hand in your dog's meal to drop things the dog likes so the dog will associate your hands in it's food with something good.
if you do all this, even as an adult, your dog will let you take and put anything inside it's mouth of plate.
thanks chief
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2020
Segunhife:
I have been giving him the same thing since day one which is chicken and indomie, and also dry food too
so he has been eating the same meal as usual.
okay how often do you deworm him?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2020
wizi44:
thanks chief
uwlc
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
IamAnderson:

so he has been eating the same meal as usual.
okay how often do you deworm him?
I'll be deworming him later in the evening
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by agboedeh: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
Segunhife:
maybe his body doesn't digest the indomie well. Replace the indomie with local rice.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 12:03am On Jul 06, 2020
agboedeh:
maybe his body doesn't digest the indomie well. Replace the indomie with local rice.
OK bro, I'll change it. Thanks
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2020
IamAnderson:

I can't really remember
I love the Caucasian sheroerd. But the grooming and maintenance is not for me.

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 2:21am On Jul 08, 2020
Spanishmilf:
I love the Caucasian sheroerd. But the grooming and maintenance is not for me.
yeah that's true, it's not easy keeping the dog's coat in good shape especially in this area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) / Dog Protects Its Owner Who Slept At The Middle Of The Road After Being Drunk / Chimpanzee Helps A Man Climb Tree (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.