Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe (51440 Views)

Rate My Caucasian / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by rumenase(m): 9:58am On Sep 27, 2019
IamAnderson:

ah thanks a lot I'll read the thread wink
I still think he's going to attack people if he's offleash tho, anytime I'm walking him around that time he's usually very alert and self conscious, once someone starts walking on the street he'll know and start waiting to attack the person if the person does anything suspicious.
I think maybe it's because of the time I walk him, when I walk him during the day he's more laid back and relaxed esp when there's a crowd.
when it's dark, if he sees anyone carrying a torch, running, or carrying something like a bag or stick or even umbrella as a suspect and he growls at them, even if they're coming behind us he'll wait and turn back to stare and growl at them until I wait for them to pass and go far away from us.
if the person shouts or runs, he attacks them, even if I raise my voice at them he attacks.
I don't trust him off leash around people so he won't hurt someone thinking he's defending me.
he also does this during car rides, he doesn't let anyone close to the car, he'll put his head at the window and bark, anyone that comes too close to the car or touches it will get barked at. the worst is if you put your hand through the window or try to open the door cheesy.
sometimes when we go out we leave him in the car (with the windows down and the car parked in a shade of course) with confidence that the car is safe cheesy
for now, I only take the leash off when the road is empty, once I notice he's stopped walking and he's staring and growling at the distance, I know someone is coming and I put the leash back on.
and upon all my pleas with people not to stare at us or run or even flash torch at us, they still do those things which in turn will trigger him to see them as dangerous, the people that just mind there business and walk past, he ignores them(he'll just stare at them till they go).
I just feel like he's protective and territorial, not everyone will understand that they're the one's making him see them as dangerous, if an accident should occur I'll be the one to carry the blame despite all my warnings so I'm just trying to keep him away from people who don't know how to act around dogs(which is virtually every one in my area cheesy)
I'll still check out the thread tho, I usually let him walk off leash when it's very early and the road is empty so I'll still need it, thanks a lot bro
you're right if your dog bites someone it is trouble for you no matter who is at fault there was a time someone came to pick bitterleaf from my house when nobody was at home and it ended with a nasty bite from my dog I still paid the bills.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2019
rumenase:
you're right if your dog bites someone it is trouble for you no matter who is at fault there was a time someone came to pick bitterleaf from my house when nobody was at home and it ended with a nasty bite from my dog I still paid the bills.
ah sorry that happened.
that's why I always warn people not to even come close to my gate if no one is around and my gate too is also locked, I don't want to experience accidents like this.
the way it is now, for you to enter my compound without permission, you have to actually break in which makes you a criminal and vindicates any dog attack.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
Roscoe's snack this afternoon, these are frozen goat spines I got from the market.
I buy them once in a while for him to munch on, they are mostly made of cartilage and bone marrow, even a pup can chew them(if you're giving them to a pup put them in a mortar and pound them first to crush them just to be safe).
the ones in the plates cost 200 naira, and it comes with some other unbreakable bones too that you can boil and use the broth for your dog's food, it also comes with meat attached to it. I give him either raw or cooked, depends on where I buy from and if I can freeze them properly
note I said goat spines not cow spines, cow spines are not soft like this cheesy

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by pcoolioz(m): 9:30am On Oct 18, 2019
What was your feeding pattern when he was 4months? Strictly diamond?

IamAnderson:
Roscoe's snack this afternoon, these are frozen goat spines I got from the market.
I buy them once in a while for him to munch on, they are mostly made of cartilage and bone marrow, even a pup can chew them(if you're giving them to a pup put them in a mortar and pound them first to crush them just to be safe).
the ones in the plates cost 200 naira, and it comes with some other unbreakable bones too that you can boil and use the broth for your dog's food, it also comes with meat attached to it. I give him either raw or cooked, depends on where I buy from and if I can freeze them properly
note I said goat spines not cow spines, cow spines are not soft like this cheesy
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 6:27am On Oct 19, 2019
pcoolioz:
What was your feeding pattern when he was 4months? Strictly diamond?

not really, I mixed it with chicken, fish, eggs, and occasionally, rice plus his supplements
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by pcoolioz(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2019
Oh okay. Thanks. What supplements do you use?

IamAnderson:

not really, I mixed it with chicken, fish, eggs, and occasionally, rice plus his supplements
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2019
pcoolioz:
Oh okay. Thanks. What supplements do you use?

vitapet, vetzyme or canine tab multivitamins and bionical calcium tablet
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Dreazy23(m): 11:36am On Oct 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

Is the bionical calcium tablet very important cause I’ve not been giving my co that
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by vincentjk(m): 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

Please how much do these multivitamins cost and what exactly do they do and their prices?

Spines are nice for dogs, I mean very nice... Big ups
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by pcoolioz(m): 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

Thanks Boss. Appreciate cool
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 2:44am On Oct 20, 2019
Dreazy23:

Is the bionical calcium tablet very important cause I’ve not been giving my co that
it's not really important, it's just an extra boost of calcium.
if you're giving your pups enough calcium in their diet already then you don't need to bother.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 2:50am On Oct 20, 2019
vincentjk:

Please how much do these multivitamins cost and what exactly do they do and their prices?

Spines are nice for dogs, I mean very nice... Big ups
they all cost about 3k-3500 for 100 tabs each
my favourite right now is canine tab because it's more concentrated than the rest.
with canine tab I use only 1tab as the adult dose
vitapet adult dose is 2tabs while vetzyme adult dose is 4tabs.
they all have the same composition,price and work so I go with canine tab.
vetzyme isn't just a multivitamin tho, it's also a muscle supplement for active dogs.
they are all nice, you can choose anyone you like.

you feed your dogs goat spines too? smiley
pcoolioz:

Thanks Boss. Appreciate cool
uwlc
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by vincentjk(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
IamAnderson:

they all cost about 3k-3500 for 100 tabs each
my favourite right now is canine tab because it's more concentrated than the rest.
with canine tab I use only 1tab as the adult dose
vitapet adult dose is 2tabs while vetzyme adult dose is 4tabs.
they all have the same composition,price and work so I go with canine tab.
vetzyme isn't just a multivitamin tho, it's also a muscle supplement for active dogs.
they are all nice, you can choose anyone you like.

you feed your dogs goat spines too? smiley

Never used it tho but heard so much about it from dog owners so i got this one for augusto, as a 2months old pup I think pounding or blending will be fine. Please share me some tips

This one is pork spines tho

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2019
vincentjk:

Never used it tho but heard so much about it from dog owners so i got this one for augusto, as a 2months old pup I think pounding or blending will be fine. Please share me some tips

This one is pork spines tho
just pound it now for him, when he's older he'll be able to crush it by himself.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Warleyy(m): 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nice thread man.. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by vincentjk(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2019
IamAnderson:

just pound it now for him, when he's older he'll be able to crush it by himself.

Alright thanks
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by MrrKay(m): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2019
IamAnderson Trust Mr Rosceo is doing great. Any current pic of our man?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 11:06am On Oct 25, 2019
MrrKay:
IamAnderson
Trust Mr Rosceo is doing great.
Any current pic of our man?
lol none for now, I haven't really had the chance since he's been shedding his puppy fur.
I think he's done shedding now tho I'll post when I can wink
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Ozonexy(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2019
IamAnderson:

lol none for now, I haven't really had the chance since he's been shedding his puppy fur.

How have u been handling the shedding?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Ozonexy(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2019
IamAnderson:

How have u been handling the shedding
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ozonexy:

How have u been handling the shedding
just combing and detangling.
I try to remove the detached fur before they tangle and form matts, so far it's working.

and I also keep him away from moisture because once his fur gets wet, it gets dirty and once it's dirty, the dirt tangles with the fur.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by MrrKay(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
IamAnderson
Please make out time oh. I can't wait!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Warleyy(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
I second this too
MrrKay:
IamAnderson

Please make out time oh.
I can't wait!!!!
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Sofia01: 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Warleyy:
I second this too
Me too. It's killing me with my ���� sad sad sad
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by vincentjk(m): 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sofia01:

Me too. It's killing me with my ���� sad sad sad

Me as well... Can't wait to feast my eyes on him cool
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 10:01am On Oct 27, 2019
lmao I'll try ooh cheesy
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 10:41am On Oct 27, 2019
Don't you think roscoe need another companion....

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 10:53am On Oct 27, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Don't you think roscoe need another companion....
I've thought about that sha, I don't think I have the time to take care of 2 dogs right now, maybe later on I'll add a sibling for him wink
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2019
IamAnderson:

I've thought about that sha, I don't think I have the time to take care of 2 dogs right now, maybe later on I'll add a sibling for him wink
what breed is on your mind if u want to add to your pack
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2019
Spanishmilf:
what breed is on your mind if u want to add to your pack
I'm not sure yet but I have my eyes on cane corso, Rottweiler or maybe I'll just keep another Caucasian smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

We Caught This Monitor Lizard And I Am Presently Keeping It As A Pet / These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) / Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.