Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? (8121 Views)

Have You Ever Loved Someone Without Being Loved In Return? / Have You Ever Regretted Snubbing Someone Who Truly Loved You? / Have You Ever Loved Someone So Much It Made You Cry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by btaliat(m): 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
Yes. I wud av narrated the story but too long...
Destiny keeps on bringing us together, but the past and situations keep on separating us.
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Bamidey: 12:42am On Jan 28, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Take me.
Only if you are serious, I don't mind coming over.
Seriously based on friendship level...no string attached kiss kiss
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 28, 2019
Yeah my friend's younger sister.. She was so into me & wasn't afraid to show it while I kept playing cool but it became very obvious & my friend had to ask me WTF was going on with us. I didn't want to loose our friendship over that... We're still close now & I'm still friends with her. Sometimes I wish I had dated her tho
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by stanboy28(m): 2:52am On Jan 28, 2019
I came here to read comments..pls make it short and simple..and may the lord bless u as u share ur testimonies ..amen

My kios is at the other corner by ur left incase someone needs drinks and snacks

6 Likes

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by LordAdam16: 5:07am On Jan 28, 2019
XhosaNostra:

In that case, then I'll simply conclude that we were not meant to be. He can be a better man to somebody else.

This!

So true. People are incredibly malleable. It's why I advise folks not to force it past a point. If it'll be, it'll be.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by ivanalimi: 6:59am On Jan 28, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Yes, but it wasn't because we couldn't be together. We could have been, but I chose not to because I figured he was never going to be the kind of person I wanted in my life. We were too different & I wasn't willing to put up with the differences, so I had to let it go.
yes.in legend of the seeker
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by CheedyJ(m): 7:40am On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=Veektoria post=75168318]Yes.. He was SS while I'm AS cry cry

Seeing him every blessed day with the feelings I knew we couldn't do anything about was painful and sweet.. I just decided to enjoy the feeling until it cooled down. [/quote
Eyah, sorry. Anyways, I'm AA..
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Veektoria(f): 7:42am On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=CheedyJ post=75184232][/quote]

Thanks. Congratulations! If you like be AAA tongue grin
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by CheedyJ(m): 7:53am On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=Veektoria post=75184277]

Thanks. Congratulations! If you like be AAA tongue grin[/quote
Someone cannot even play with u..anyways, I'm glad u didn't let ur heart lead u cos some ladies could gone ahead with the SS guy bkus of luv, hoping for miracle. So,kudos.. BTW,I'm still AA..]
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Depressedkidd: 9:01am On Jan 28, 2019
Yeah. Sucks. We'd been close for years, I loved her for years but we couldn't date cos of distance, or at least that's what I tell myself. I really don't know if she ever felt the same way but what I do know is that she is manipulative.

She kept lying to me about the people she was dating, she'd say they were just friends, or she'd say he asked her out and she said no. But she'd still run to me for comfort whenever they broke her heart. And it broke mine to see her that way.

And I hated her too, cos she wouldn't let me move on. Each time I'd stop feeling something, I'd stop calling and hitting her up, I'd start dating and then she'd send voice notes detailing how jealous she was, how much she missed the feelings and the attention. I was confused and naive because honestly she was my first love and I felt maybe there was something. And in my confusion, those feelings would resurface. Tbh this girl screwed me up emotionally, I still haven't healed from it.

There were times I told her I loved her and she'd say she just couldn't say it to anyone, then this last guy broke her heart and she came to cry to me that she loved him and stuff and that she missed how they used to tell each other that they loved each other. It was then I realised my real position, I was the good guy she was using to feel good about herself. It wasn't that she couldn't love, it was that she couldn't love ME. And that revelation really set me straight, at least I'm really close to healing totally.

It's messed up how a 16 year old kid starts talking to someone, and then the person makes him feel so safe and suddenly, even when he really doesn't know what love is, he recognises it. And it's messed up how that same person would hurt him so much. It starts from simple things like trust and openness. And suddenly you can't get someone out of your mind.

Now I just prefer to be alone because I can't risk letting anyone in, I can't risk them hurting me. I get so scared when I realise I'm beginning to see someone as more than a friend, and like that, I just push them away. I realise I'm hurting them too, but I guess life is really about taking care of yourself first. I have more important things to think about.

So that's the story of the girl I loved and couldn't be with. sad

11 Likes

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Veektoria(f): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=CheedyJ post=75184555][/quote]

Hehehe.. There are always ways to go around it tho. We could choose to go for adoption or selective termination. We just didn't really want it.

Again, if you like be ABC tongue
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 28, 2019
Depressedkidd:
Yeah. Sucks. We'd been close for years, I loved her for years but we couldn't date cos of distance, or at least that's what I tell myself. I really don't know if she ever felt the same way but what I do know is that she is manipulative.

She kept lying to me about the people she was dating, she'd say they were just friends, or she'd say he asked her out and she said no. But she'd still run to me for comfort whenever they broke her heart. And it broke mine to see her that way.

And I hated her too, cos she wouldn't let me move on. Each time I'd stop feeling something, I'd stop calling and hitting her up, I'd start dating and then she'd send voice notes detailing how jealous she was, how much she missed the feelings and the attention. I was confused and naive because honestly she was my first love and I felt maybe there was something. And in my confusion, those feelings would resurface. Tbh this girl screwed me up emotionally, I still haven't healed from it.

There were times I told her I loved her and she'd say she just couldn't say it to anyone, then this last guy broke her heart and she came to cry to me that she loved him and stuff and that she missed how they used to tell each other that they loved each other. It was then I realised my real position, I was the good guy she was using to feel good about herself. It wasn't that she couldn't love, it was that she couldn't love ME. And that revelation really set me straight, at least I'm really close to healing totally.

It's messed up how a 16 year old kid starts talking to someone, and then the person makes him feel so safe and suddenly, even when he really doesn't know what love is, he recognises it. And it's messed up how that same person would hurt him so much. It starts from simple things like trust and openness. And suddenly you can't get someone out of your mind.

Now I just prefer to be alone because I can't risk letting anyone in, I can't risk them hurting me. I get so scared when I realise I'm beginning to see someone as more than a friend, and like that, I just push them away. I realise I'm hurting them too, but I guess life is really about taking care of yourself first. I have more important things to think about.

So that's the story of the girl I loved and couldn't be with. sad
don't let your past determine your perception about girls.just because one messed with you emotionally doesn't mean others are the same.. Now when you see a girl coming close to you, your past impression that Has been stored in your subconscious would resurface and you will start suspecting her..... I've said my own sha
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Depressedkidd: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
don't let your past determine your perception about girls.just because one messed with you emotionally doesn't mean others are the same.. Now when you see a girl coming close to you, your past impression that Has been stored in your subconscious would resurface and you will start suspecting her..... I've said my own sha
I know. But it's not just that I'm scared of getting hurt. I don't want to put someone else through that type of pain. I'm scared that I'd get into something just because I want to prove to myself that I can. Then after that, what next. What if I discover that I don't really love them the way they love me. Or what if my interest dies. It's just both ways. In as much as I don't want to get hurt, I don't want to be the one to cause pain to someone else too. Idk how it works up here but my mind is really screwed up. I just want to be by myself and heal completely first, I don't want to just take the pain of my past and heap it on someone else. It wouldn't be fair.
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Tamarapetty(f): 10:03am On Jan 28, 2019
Currently. . If i start typing, my phone go off cause of the heartbreak, so let me just leave it laidat.

1 Like

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 28, 2019
Tamarapetty:
Currently. . If i start typing, my phone go off cause of the heartbreak, so let me just leave it laidat.
aunty please type,or are the words up to 450?
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by arleck(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
Happy sunday nairalanders,my name is futurist369 and I just opened my nairaland account yesterday.....now here's my story: while still in secondary school, I met this girl named Beatrice, I just don't know how I it happened, I guess it was love at first sight...I fell in love with her,and I told her my heart.... She just smiled away,I also felt she liked me,but never said it,but told her friends and mine.......she's a hardcore pretender, sometimes I make her jealous and she did the same to me also....but she said she was not ready for a relationship yet......now,have you ever being in love with someone, but you just couldn't be together?
Yes Cynthia I did love her... But her uncle ��
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Telvin7(m): 1:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
stanboy28:
I came here to read comments..pls make it short and simple..and may the lord bless u as u share ur testimonies ..amen

My kios is at the other corner by ur left incase someone needs drinks and snacks
abeg give me 20 buns and three pure water.....bcoz if I start to talk my own na ....my keyboard fit spoil

Anyways I nor get feelings again coz my feelings are very funny....one week I like u and the other week it dies..... .. but they say fyne boys have problems with having girlfriends but all girls wants to be your friend but they don't want to go into relationship bczo they don't trust u.....and even if u tell Dem u love Dem......it's lyk u are lying or you want to play dem.....and if they fall in love with you , they keep it to themselves bcoz they don't want heart break........ ..fyne boys Sha,Dem still get p....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Bamz(m): 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2019
Veektoria:
Yes.. He was SS while I'm AS cry cry

Seeing him every blessed day with the feelings I knew we couldn't do anything about was painful and sweet.. I just decided to enjoy the feeling until it cooled down.

How does it feel generally, being AS? cry
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Veektoria(f): 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
Bamz:

How does it feel generally, being AS? cry

How does it feel? Nothing special about it tho. I can say my immune system is very strong.. Just that one has to be careful, get to know someone's genotype before falling in love with them.

Why did you ask? smiley
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Bamz(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2019
Veektoria:

How does it feel? Nothing special about it tho. I can say my immune system is very strong.. Just that one has to be careful, get to know someone's genotype before falling in love with them.

Why did you ask? smiley

I understand the health part. Doesn't it not just feel sometimes that the world just keeps you on your toes each time knowing you can never get too attached and the most amazing people you've met are people you're not compatible with?
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
I try not to fall in love with someone I can't be with.

1 Like

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Regiinald: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
Valerie47:
I try not to fall in love with someone I can't be with.
what is love from valerie's perspective
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by marvin906(m): 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2019
Yes my first and only love..
Success is the only chick that made me feel true love..just seeing her alone my heartbeat changes..
What I felt then I haven't felt it till now..with her I was defenceless totally.too bad fate had other plans..
Honestly I pray not to ever feel that type of love ever.

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Fidelismaria: 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
Yes I have been in love

Yes I'm still in love

Yes our relationship is full of up and down

One minute my love makes me happy with credit alert and I get so excited and hard

Then

Another minute my love breaks my heart with debit alert and I go soft and limp

Then the will dawn on me and I know I can't do without my love so I start chasing my love up and down

Round and round we go

So op and fellow nairalanders how can I make my love stay permanently?

I want my love so bad I'm willing to do anything
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by prettysassygirl(f): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
FortifiedCity:
Still trying to make sense out of the fact that all I get to do is to only read what the woman I love and cherish types on here. Still don't know why I hAvent been able to hold her, look straight into her and make her confident of my love and care
Interesting, who is this lucky lady abeg??
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Brokeboy111(m): 11:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
I fell In love with nobody, and nobody loved me too,
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Nobody: 5:12am On Feb 04, 2019
prettysassygirl:

Interesting, who is this lucky lady abeg??
MhizzAJ.
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by prettysassygirl(f): 5:25am On Feb 04, 2019
FortifiedCity:
MhizzAJ.
Then find a way to reach out na
Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by PresidentAde(m): 6:30am On Feb 04, 2019
hmm....

Well my first & only true love, we had it all good & fine till November 2017, i was willing to go the whole mile, then her family came in, her mum wanted to be in charge, like dictate to me everything, i subtly refused her only to use babe to negotiate & coarse me to her bidding ...... because she calls the shots in her family....
complained to bae, bae go tell her mama,...mama carry am for face but no mention anything to me.....!

I had to run, run, run for my life, loved bae, still love her, but can fight that battle abeg..........had to let go ordo I feel the pain of letting go every day & night....

4 Likes

Re: Have You Truly Loved Someone,but You Just Couldn't Be Together? by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 04, 2019
I did fall in love with a Nigerian much younger than me, almost married him but not, we are too different and I don't believe he loves me, yet sometimes I think he does, sometimes it's not, we both are attached to each other until now and we both don't want to follow this feeling, we both are trying to fight this love, we are too different and I am sure it will not work if we try to be together. Sad, it's the distance and age difference and we probably never see each other again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men Only: All Girls Are Mainly Created To Be Fvcked / Why Do I Always Keep Meeting Bad Guys!! I'm Tired.. / My Boyfriend Insulted Me After Sleeping With Me For The Ist Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.