Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student (63338 Views)

Celebrating Eid In A Foreign Land: Nairalander Experience In North Cyprus / Living In Germany as a Tech-bro / How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by chiboy429(m): 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
awelekiti:
it all depends. If you hold a degree in a physics-related programme, you can't be jobless on Germany. Again, if you're medical technologist, you'd always be sought after. If na odd job you wan do, just understand their language first and grab a hotel job, you'd be fine in no time.

can you please shed more light on the physics and job in Germany? thanks
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Raalsalghul: 11:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
Pilot4Airbus:
Those who travel to Europe for studies don’t have any choice than to return. tongue
Depends on the country.
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by tmodeltoluene(m): 11:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
You'll regret coming back

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by gforce5: 11:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
ValCon888:
What about racism?

What about the tribalism you see everyday on Nairaland and Nigeria? We Nigerians hate each other more than the whites do but we refuse to tell ourselves the truth.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by NYPD: 11:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Now that you are back what have you achieved ?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
olujastro:

It depends on the European country.
Unlike the UK with almost no chance, Germany and Norway for example give 18 and 12 months respectively to look for a job after studying. However, with some conditions that can be met.

Whats the point of staying any longer than necessary, in fact I will make sure to book my flight the same day I collected my certificate. even if Na 10 kids I born for abroad I go still leave them come back home, they are free to visit me on holidays or vice versa.

live is way too short for me to abandon my roots back in Naija & be a foreigner in another country just because of green pasture.

Arewa 4eva jare, "Duk wanda ya bar gida, gida ya barsa" grin grin

No where be like Africa no where be like home grin

8 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by salford1: 11:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
pansophist:
so you mean you went back to naija? cry cry cry
I am sure the writer of the original article is from the North. Northerners hardly stay back overseas.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 28, 2019
Viele dank, mein Freund! You've spoken well. After my first two months of study in Germany, I almost sued the Nigerian government for wasting a huge part of my productive years in the name of education.

Like you, I had thoughts of returning to Nigeria after some years in Deutschland. But I don't think I'll return immediately after my studies. If not for anything else, the horrible news I read daily on Nairaland and other major news platform would discourage anyone from coming home.

I wish you the best of luck in Nigeria. Tschüß!

14 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by salford1: 12:02am On Jan 28, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Germany ain't that easy unless u doing illegal. You gotta put in hard work
Are there any country in the world (with the exception of Nigeria and some other corrupt nations) that doesn't require working hard

7 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by clintino700(m): 12:16am On Jan 28, 2019
What about going to Germany to hustle? What is your candid advice?
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 12:20am On Jan 28, 2019
Olalekank:
Erhmm

Can someone kindly summarize for us that are lazy abeg

This is too long.
Thank you

*Drops mic*
testing 1/2

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by naijjaman(m): 12:42am On Jan 28, 2019
martineverest:
says who?

Says Europe cheesy
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Pilot4Airbus(m): 12:51am On Jan 28, 2019
olujastro:

Unlike the UK with almost no chance, Germany and Norway for example give 18 and 12 months respectively to look for a job after studying. However, with some conditions that can be met.

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by porka: 12:59am On Jan 28, 2019
What is the essence of this interview now, ehn?

When will Africans stop going to Europe and America to marvel at buildings and edifices?

How is this man's acquired cerificate going to be of help to himself, family and country?

What was his major findings in his research that will benefit Africans apart from just talking about social challenges?

Did he just spend 14 months to study his fellow African's lifestyle? What is the usefulness of his paper certification now, ehn?

Where will you use this particular knowledge you just acquired? What is the relevance of the knowledge? How do you want to intervene?

It's high time people focussed on specific solutions they want to proffer with their education and play down the culture shock and mighty buildings tales.

It is not helping Africa.

The training you received is for a purpose. What is it? Definitely not to tell us how beautiful Frankfort airport is.

Ok, you have told us what you think government should do, how are they going to do it? Someone gave a similar advice before you and government has not listen, we've been hearing of this type government should do this and that since 1900 without anyone listening, is this one going to be different?

In specific terms, how is your knowledge going to affect the society positively? Now that you are here what are we to expect from you? Do you want to join the government? At what level: municipal, state or federal? Will it require a bill at the state or national level? What level of funding are you looking at? How do you raise it? Do you want to establish a business? What gap do want to fill? Can you do it alone?

Tell us what we have not heard before.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Larryndelaw: 1:05am On Jan 28, 2019
Kylekent59:

Focus on the bright side men cheesy ,4get about racism.

The other side brings nothing but fear and that will make you not to get to your destination.

Hope you understand bro smiley

Conquering of fear is the beginning of Success.
The racism within Nigeria is more than the racism you face outside Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by hollaytan: 1:07am On Jan 28, 2019
I found this article quite misleading because I had my masters degree from a university in Germany. I can tell that truly the grass is not green on ther other side, but far better than the situation in Nigeria. What about the tuition free programs, outstanding health insurance, the extremely cheap transport for student embedded in the negligible Senseter fee, post graduation prospects among others? I studied in Germany and it open doors of opportunities for me. I am presently in the states, I know of so many others in USA and Canada doing their PhD over there following their graduation in Germany

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 28, 2019
Pilot4Airbus:
Those who travel to Europe for studies don’t have any choice than to return. tongue
Many don't even come back. They just marry and have children over there

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 28, 2019
Austema:
Are you now saying we should not travel to Europe for studies?
Then ask ASUU and ASUP to call off the strike now. If not am already preparing my study visa
Please leave as soon as possible because many public universities in Nigeria are destiny killers. If it wasn't good, you wouldn't see many queuing at the embassy for visa.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 28, 2019
olujastro:

Conditions like what for example?
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 28, 2019
porka:
What is the essence of this interview now, ehn?

When will Africans stop going to Europe and America to marvel at buildings and edifices?

How is this man's acquired cerificate going to be of help to himself, family and country?

What was his major findings in his research that will benefit Africans apart from just talking about social challenges?

Did he just spend 14 months to study his fellow African's lifestyle? What is the usefulness of his paper certification now, ehn?

Where will you use this particular knowledge you just acquired? What is the relevance of the knowledge? How do you want to intervene?

It's high time people focussed on specific solutions they want to proffer with their education and play down the culture shock and mighty buildings tales.

It is not helping Africa.

The training you received is for a purpose. What is it? Definitely not to tell us how beautiful Frankfort airport is.

Ok, you have told us what you think government should do, how are they going to do it? Someone gave a similar advice before you and government has not listen, we've been hearing of this type government should do this and that since 1900 without anyone listening, is this one going to be different?

In specific terms, how is your knowledge going to affect the society positively? Now that you are here what are we to expect from you? Do you want to join the government? At what level: municipal, state or federal? Will it require a bill at the state or national level? What level of funding are you looking at? How do you raise it? Do you want to establish a business? What gap do want to fill? Can you do it alone?

Tell us what we have not heard before.

For him to have returned to Nigeria after his studies, there are gaps he aspires to fill. He can't share such ideas on social media.

He returned home because he felt he has acquired relevant skills that would help Nigeria in certain areas.

He could chose to remain in Germany. He could have applied for post-study residence permit in order to secure a job or apply for a different programme, so as to remain in Germany.

You seldom see Nigerians that would return home after studies in Germany. They'd rather do 3 different Master's programme plus PhD than to come home. After all, it is free. Moreover, the country designed it in such a way that you could stay and work after your studies.

Why would anyone want to return when the money you receive doing student jobs that won't take you more than 20hours a week is higher than what some Master's degree holders working full-time in Nigeria are earning?

He deserves some accolades!

I don't see myself toeing the path he took. At least, not anytime soon.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by CuddleBunnys(f): 1:37am On Jan 28, 2019
Mmkgroup5:
You know how it feels when you live in a dark country ( 9ja) we all detest ourselves here in Nigeria, the eastern part criticize the western people it happens every where. We blacks are heartless more than the white. My husband lives in Germany he complains bout racism but is still far better than 9ja oh yeah the realities will show you the way.....
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by grandstar(m): 1:44am On Jan 28, 2019
Fantastic writeup!
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by degamemaster(m): 1:48am On Jan 28, 2019
Kylekent59:

Focus on the bright side men cheesy ,4get about racism.

The other side brings nothing but fear and that will make you not to get to your destination.

Hope you understand bro smiley

Conquering of fear is the beginning of Success.
Whoever that wrote this piece and you that I quoted are being intelligent by half.
FYI, I live in Germany and the truth is that, racism is real here and when you come in, realities will show yo the real way to follow.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / Can You Stay In This Hotel For A Night If Offered Free Of Charge? / Crocodile Chops Off Tourist's Leg In A Lake In Uganda (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.