Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student (63299 Views)

Celebrating Eid In A Foreign Land: Nairalander Experience In North Cyprus / Living In Germany as a Tech-bro / How To Save Millions Of Naira As A Foreign Student In Europe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by abbatoir(m): 8:57am On Jan 28, 2019
Good...
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 28, 2019
naunasabi:

I kind of doubt that. Europeans more especially Westerner Europeans travel a lot, and most of them have a fair idea of Africa. Because they have been there multiple times on holiday. Yes it might be common to hear that in state but not so common in Europe.

Source I have been living here for years went to school with multiple of them. Have more European friends than black here. Been to their countries and seen their relatives. So it is either I meet the exposed one that colored my position on this issues or that Audu met the unexposed ones that biased his position on this.

What thing I know for sure is that they know that African is not one country but what they don't know is that we have many cultures and several languages more than they had imagine. Which is different from saying it is one country.

shocked shocked

Well, I don't know the kind of Germans you met, but we're talking about the average German here. It's not about being unexposed, but being unwilling to learn. This is not a matter of 'I have been living here for years', I have been living here since the age of 11... for years as well. I will probably tell you more about Germany than Nigeria and can say the average German thinks Africa is a country, the ones who know otherwise can only mention one or two African countries, which are "South Africa" or "Ghana".
I think it also just depends on which country or state you are, truth is there aren't so many Africans here, compared to the states or Uk. I therefore can't really blame them, especially because of the way the media presents us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Fidelismaria: 9:48am On Jan 28, 2019
Aurielfinizu:
i dnt knw y am always lazy to read long articles like this...
may GOD help me.. this why bubu say we are lazy...ok i am lazy grin

It's like they say

If you want to hide something from a black man put it in a book

They won't bother to read it because they are mentally lazy
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by JaceBlaze: 10:10am On Jan 28, 2019
uuzba:

The Jews were/are selfish. They get to a place, marry, born and colonise the region. Only them do one type of business, jewelry. Nobody else can compete. They kind of exclude others from their circle. This why the Germans hate them .
Its like the kind of thing some Igbo people do.
No matter how selfish they are they didn't deserve The Holocaust.The Caucasians went around the world the killing people and stealing lands,when is their Holocaust coming? Jewish people never massacred a group of people,they just love to keep the wealth within the Jewish circle,that's it...no crime there.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Olubee22(f): 10:16am On Jan 28, 2019
martineverest:
u are totally wrong....study in Germany free of charge and u are allowed to work in the country after Ur studies
Not all German schools are free. After graduation, you have up to 18months to look for a job so it isn't that easy pizzy.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by FlackoJodye: 10:26am On Jan 28, 2019
RealityShot:
if i have €8000,
why on earth will i leave NIGERIA?

AM ALREADY RICH!

I can start many kinds of businesses with half that and still leave like a boss here.
so why leave? G-wagon? Maybach?

mtcheww!

if you have access to that kind of money, come meet me to help forget studying or going abroad at all.

€8000 come my way fast!!!

my people have been forcing me to leave Naija since 2017... HECK NO!
8000 Euros na money hahahahaha my niggi comot ur environment abeg hw much davido give woman for bum bum challenge hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha ur prob 18 or 19 never see life atall man I was like you till when I left Nigeria and iswear I wished the holiday visa never expired fr just wait till 2023 when bubu has completely destroyed Nigeria make we here Wetin u go talk lol kid

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Buharimustgo16F: 10:41am On Jan 28, 2019
aishapmbtoto:
You may regret your return to the country in the long run.
That is the fact Me I stay here in Germany In Munich I can bet u when u school here in Germany You also recieve payment every month that u can use to take care of ur self. Them remain the best my brother

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by johnHerba(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2019
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by johnHerba(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2019

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by johnHerba(m): 11:37am On Jan 28, 2019
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by johnHerba(m): 11:38am On Jan 28, 2019
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by johnHerba(m): 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2019
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by XhosaNostra(f): 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2019
JaceBlaze:
No matter how selfish they are they didn't deserve The Holocaust.The Caucasians went around the world the killing people and stealing lands,when is their Holocaust coming? Jewish people never massacred a group of people,they just love to keep the wealth within the Jewish circle,that's it...no crime there.

They were shown flames at the battle of Isandlwana. It is still known as the day the sun set in the middle of the day. There was probably an eclipse or the Zulus had some strong muti grin Anyway, if you study history closely, especially South African history, you will know that they OUTSMARTED their opponents. They didn't fight the wars alone. They gained the upper hand with the help of our own people, including the chiefs/kings. They won fair & square grin It's easy to gain advantage when there's no unity. People back then were not united. So they came in, saw this & played one side against the other to achieve their goal. Not their fault that people were dumb, vengeful & greedy. Oh what a heavy price they paid for all their sins. Besides, there were no borders back then. People just roamed around & settled wherever they felt like it. Remember, we did the same to the Khoisans. Displaced them & drove them further west, towards Cape Town. In short, it was the survival of the fittest/smartest.

Read up on these when you have time & you may learn something new.

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
johnHerba:
you sure? and how sure are you sure

Am very sure to the extent that even if I make heaven I will ask God to make my aboard close to my family, friends & relatives grin
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by UbiPetrus: 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Deicide:
Do i have to learn how to speak German to study there?
No. Germany has schools with English as language of instruction. But you need to learn Deutsch to live in Germany.
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Gucciboss: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
johnHerba:
Are things that terribl or simply joking. that local Empire soaked in Corruption

Yes, it's that terrible. If there's any other word that is worse than terrible, I did use it.

If you ever have the opportunity to get close to any government circle, you will leave Nigeria the next day.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by chiboy429(m): 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
awelekiti:
if you studied photonics or pysics/electronics or biomedical engineering, you stand a good chance of getting a job quicker in any of the medical-related companies ( medical device and imaging manufacturers)
I am a Bsc physics holder from university of uyo Akwa ibom state Nigeria. what are my options or what step can I take to benefit from the arrays of opportunities within physics in Germany. lastly I would like to p chat you to get more information on this subject matter
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by peacengine(m): 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
johnHerba:
Are things that terribl or simply joking. that local Empire soaked in Corruption

Have you physically seen the nigga you are asking?
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
chiboy429:

I am a Bsc physics holder from university of uyo Akwa ibom state Nigeria. what are my options or what step can I take to benefit from the arrays of opportunities within physics in Germany. lastly I would like to p chat you to get more information on this subject matter
Good. Look for any university offering scholarship on msc physics or any related course.. before you finish your programme, begin searching for job and learning German at the same time. But to qualify for a scholarship, you must have had a 2.1 in your first degree. I know at least 2 Nigerians who studied physics electronics from fut minna, who were awarded scholarship by 2 different German universities for their english-taught master's degree programmes. One came back to pick a lecturing job at one of the federal universities here while the other stayed back on a good job.
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by johnHerba(m): 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Speedyconnect15: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
RealityShot:
if i have €8000,

AM ALREADY RICH!

I can start many kinds of businesses with half that and still leave like a boss here.

mtcheww!

if you have access to that kind of money, come meet me to help forget studying or going abroad at all.

8000 euro is 3.3m bro.

Is that your definition of being rich?

And what biz do you want to do with it?

Seems you are still a student.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by JaceBlaze: 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
XhosaNostra:

They were shown flames at the battle of Isandlwana. It is still known as the day the sun set in the middle of the day. There was probably an eclipse or the Zulus had some strong muti grin Anyway, if you study history closely, especially South African history, you will know that they OUTSMARTED their opponents. They didn't fight the wars alone. They gained the upper hand with the help of our own people, including the chiefs/kings. They won fair & square grin It's easy to gain advantage when there's no unity. People back then were not united. So they came in, saw this & played one side against the other to achieve their goal. Not their fault that people were dumb, vengeful & greedy. Oh what a heavy price they paid for all their sins. Besides, there were no borders back then. People just roamed around & settled wherever they felt like it. Remember, we did the same to the Khoisans. Displaced them & drove them further west, towards Cape Town. In short, it was the survival of the fittest/smartest.

Read up on these when you have time & you may learn something new.
The zulus used a very strong muti from what I've heard and they had to go to battle barefoot so that the muti won't lose its potency grin I haven't studied that part of history thoroughly though.Is it true that Shaka Zulu traded his entire livestock for a piece of mirror? shocked grin.The bolded is so true,if you look at countries that never faced the horrors we had to go through you will see how tribalism is still rampant there,particularly East and West African countries.There is this Trevor Noah interview on the Breakfast club with Dj Envy (check YouTube) where he explained it perfectly that "if you want to conquer a group of people you convince them that even when they look the same,some are superior than others".And the Khoisans are still bitter to this day,I hear they camped outside the Union Buildings demanding that their land be returned and their language be recognised as an official language grin

Thanks,know where I can get the books? I don't really prefer reading history off Wikipedia
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by Misterdhee1(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
RealityShot:
if i have €8000,

AM ALREADY RICH!

mtcheww!

Can you please list business opportunities available with €8000? I'm willing to learn wink
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by peacengine(m): 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
Misterdhee1:

Can you please list business opportunities available with €8000? I'm willing to learn wink

Guy If you're not get rich quick type, look into investment, car resell, cargo, Uber, Taxify, Poultry,Pigry, turkey, whole sale of clothes, online shopify, forex many more

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by jadajada: 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2019
peacengine:

Guy If you're not get rich quick type, look into investment, car resell, cargo, Uber, Taxify, Poultry,Pigry, turkey, whole sale of clothes, online shopify, forex many more
how does the online shopify works
Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by RealityShot: 2:06am On Jan 29, 2019
Misterdhee1:

oil palm plantation
palm oil mill
plantain plantation
pharmacy
coca cola distribution
indomie distribution
costmetics
betnaija outlets
Dangote CEMENT distrbution!
flour depot
Gas depot
city bus service

these are my favourites

however, pretty much any other business can be started in Nigeria with €8000

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by RealityShot: 2:09am On Jan 29, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

8000 euro is 3.3m bro.

Is that your definition of being rich?

And what biz do you want to do with it?

Seems you are still a student.
so if you are given N1mil you will not know what to do with it?

you must be a very LAZY YOUTH!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student by RealityShot: 2:11am On Jan 29, 2019
FlackoJodye:
8000 Euros na money hahahahaha my niggi comot ur environment abeg hw much davido give woman for bum bum challenge hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha ur prob 18 or 19 never see life atall man I was like you till when I left Nigeria and iswear I wished the holiday visa never expired fr just wait till 2023 when bubu has completely destroyed Nigeria make we here Wetin u go talk lol kid
ANOTHER LAZY YOUTH SPOTTED.

no quote me again O!

am pretty sure my youngest sibbling is older than you.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Hotels And Restaurants Spotted In India (PHOTOS) / Accident On Third Mainland Bridge Throws Man's Leg Inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) / Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.