Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous (32872 Views)

I Have Got Xiaomi 12S Ultra. And I Am A Bit Disappointed / Banks Reducing Their International Spending Limit To $100 Is Just Ridiculous / Just Look At This Girl's Ridiculous Whatsapp Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Mizik(m): 10:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
seunfly:

When their ordinary powerbank cost 46500 naira.
Are you serious.
Do they have a power bank?
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by dryakson(m): 10:44pm On Jan 30, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...Apple...
thanks for the correction

3 Likes

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by blingxx(m): 3:28am On Jan 31, 2019
GrammarNazi1:
...liars...
Oga Auto correct.. you need slap sir undecided

1 Like

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by nedubest(m): 3:41am On Jan 31, 2019
ope oo, i can now finally own an apple Iphone
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by femi4: 4:44am On Jan 31, 2019
dominique:
Apple going the way of blackberry?
The beginning of the end
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Jalingo767(m): 4:57am On Jan 31, 2019
seunfly:
Apple's iPhone revenue has plunged in the December quarter, and the company is ready to make some changes.

According to CEO Tim Cook, Apple will reduce prices of the iPhone in markets where local currencies have weakened against the dollar.

“As we’ve gotten into January and assessed the macroeconomic condition in some of those markets, we’ve decided to go back to more commensurate with what our local prices were a year ago in hopes of helping the sales in those areas,” Cook told Reuters (via The Next Web).

If you've never bought an iPhone outside of the U.S., you may not be aware of just how staggering the price difference is. I've been pointing it out over and over and over -- it's hard to justify spending $1,760 for a maxed-out iPhone XS (UK pricing at launch) when the exact same model costs $1,349 in the U.S. And it's even harder in a country like Hungary, where the price is even higher and the average customer's purchasing power is far lower than in the U.S.

Yes, a part of the price difference is in taxes, and yes, the U.S. pricing does not reflect local taxes, and yes, Apple has additional distribution costs in markets other than the U.S. But the simple truth is that iPhone prices are too high for many international buyers, and Apple definitely can do something about it. Now, we've simply reached the point where the company is willing to address the issue.

In the same interview, Cook talked about the growth of its services business. There, revenue is up 19 percent year-over-year, and the company is poised to launch new services in 2019, including (probably) a video streaming service. Cook noted that the services gross margin gets more efficient as services business gets larger, and the business gets larger when the company sells more iPhones, so reducing its price makes sense. But it's worth noting that Cook sang a different tune in 2017, when the company launched the iPhone X, its first $1,000 phone.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see how new iPhones are priced internationally come September. Unfortunately, Apple does not break down iPhone unit sales in earnings reports at all, let alone by market, so assessing the potential benefits from this new strategy will be hard.

https://mashable.com/article/apple-international-iphone-pricing/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#8DMUMhYvD9qk
All these android users go flood this page now lol

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2019
AdaAde:
Good news for people who have never touched an iPhone, and are dying for one.

Nothing spectacular about it sef.
If I buy u an iPhone will u take it ??
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by PlugBlogng: 8:10am On Jan 31, 2019
thespokenword:
You are liers - you are compelled to stagger the price because your markets have been hit by China , remarkably Hauwei, and that leaves you with no choice than to drop the price. So what you are obeying is the fundamental law of pricing- the higher the price ,the better such is left for Davido to purchase. How many OBO do we have in Nigeria?
well said
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by stagger: 8:11am On Jan 31, 2019
UrbanExotica:
or you can't afford one

Must he be able to afford one? I cannot afford all these expensive phones. The ones I use were all bought for me by my wife. No shame in it.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by obembet(f): 8:13am On Jan 31, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...BlackBerry...

I really Miss u
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Xkalaban(m): 8:13am On Jan 31, 2019
Lol grin

Not just a bit o. They are highly ridiculous. Money wey u fit take open small business na wetin person go take go buy one iPhone. It's crazy!

6 Likes

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by bishop4life(m): 8:13am On Jan 31, 2019
Will i buy an iPhone?

Haven't given it a second thought.
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Mac2016(m): 8:13am On Jan 31, 2019
wittyt98:
ok. please let us know when they reduce the price to $100 - $200 grin

for now i'm still proudly rocking my 20k china/london used "infocus" phone grin
Bet y'all never heard of that name before grin
O boy you dey crazy ooooo. You cracked my day no be small grin grin grin
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2019
I will never use my money to buy an overpriced commodity cause I'm an Economist.

8 Likes

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by franchasng: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2019
dryakson:
How I wish apple will start producing midrange phones of let's say 40k, 50k, 60k 35k etc.
They don't know that poor people are more than the rich
every business or company have their target market; some target the rich while some target the middle class and others target the poor.

Rolls Royce targets only the rich and affluent and they have been in business for decades now, so I think Apple wants to be the Rolls Royce of mobile phones targeting only highend income earners

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by zone51: 8:17am On Jan 31, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...Apple...

So the respect is a must, You funny bro... grin grin
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Jalingo767(m): 8:18am On Jan 31, 2019
seunfly:
Apple's iPhone revenue has plunged in the December quarter, and the company is ready to make some changes.

According to CEO Tim Cook, Apple will reduce prices of the iPhone in markets where local currencies have weakened against the dollar.

“As we’ve gotten into January and assessed the macroeconomic condition in some of those markets, we’ve decided to go back to more commensurate with what our local prices were a year ago in hopes of helping the sales in those areas,” Cook told Reuters (via The Next Web).

If you've never bought an iPhone outside of the U.S., you may not be aware of just how staggering the price difference is. I've been pointing it out over and over and over -- it's hard to justify spending $1,760 for a maxed-out iPhone XS (UK pricing at launch) when the exact same model costs $1,349 in the U.S. And it's even harder in a country like Hungary, where the price is even higher and the average customer's purchasing power is far lower than in the U.S.

Yes, a part of the price difference is in taxes, and yes, the U.S. pricing does not reflect local taxes, and yes, Apple has additional distribution costs in markets other than the U.S. But the simple truth is that iPhone prices are too high for many international buyers, and Apple definitely can do something about it. Now, we've simply reached the point where the company is willing to address the issue.

In the same interview, Cook talked about the growth of its services business. There, revenue is up 19 percent year-over-year, and the company is poised to launch new services in 2019, including (probably) a video streaming service. Cook noted that the services gross margin gets more efficient as services business gets larger, and the business gets larger when the company sells more iPhones, so reducing its price makes sense. But it's worth noting that Cook sang a different tune in 2017, when the company launched the iPhone X, its first $1,000 phone.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see how new iPhones are priced internationally come September. Unfortunately, Apple does not break down iPhone unit sales in earnings reports at all, let alone by market, so assessing the potential benefits from this new strategy will be hard.

https://mashable.com/article/apple-international-iphone-pricing/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#8DMUMhYvD9qk
The irony of the matter be say Na android user go bring this news ooo. You people are always concerned about iphone even more than the users lol.

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:18am On Jan 31, 2019
Android ti take over!

1 Like

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Lexusgs430: 8:21am On Jan 31, 2019
dryakson:
How I wish apple will start producing midrange phones of let's say 40k, 50k, 60k 35k etc.

Why not buy Umidigi devices?....... Even lower prices exists, it's not compulsory to eat apples..............
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Going small small price reduction may not even safe your asss.Download this lovely song "Searching for love" by Xpol( a nairalander) http://www.naijapals.com/music/Searching_for_love_Xpol-89179
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by ursulajuls(f): 8:22am On Jan 31, 2019
jimmy3105:
Job opportunity !!! Medical sonographer's needed urgently with atleast two (2) years experience Location: Ibadan Oyo state, Ijebu ode Ogun state and Ilesha Osun state Salary :Attractive Contact: 0806 908 0102 or 0706 232 2965
Has it reached like this? How many sonographers will see this?
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Studyinchina200(m): 8:25am On Jan 31, 2019
Hahaha Big up to China. That’s why I can’t leave this country for any other place not even US or Canada.

Contact me if you would like to come here to study,I don’t give jobs. I only do admission and jw202.

See my details below.

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by israelmao(m): 8:25am On Jan 31, 2019
Fighting technology with technology will save the world from ridiculous pricing.
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Lexusgs430: 8:25am On Jan 31, 2019
seunfly:

When their ordinary powerbank cost 46500 naira.

Apple sells powerbanks?.... Real Apple or Fake Apple?.....

Because it also seems Ferrari now also sells powerbanks .....
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by ChiefSupplier55(m): 8:26am On Jan 31, 2019
dryakson:

Wise taught u have there I just wish that
Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by tomdon(m): 8:26am On Jan 31, 2019
Smily202:
Although am Apple fan from beginning but people has come to realize that Apple Phones has nothing else to offer rather than hype.

Phone you can only move around without tweaking to suit your taste (don't tell me jailbreak cuz it will mess up the phone)

Nevertheless, I still use both Samsung Android for tweaking and IPhone for class. grin

Which useless class my bro
Any average person using iPhone has inferiority complex
I can't spend anything above 100k on a phone

4 Likes

Re: Apple Realizes That International Iphone Prices Are A Bit Ridiculous by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2019
BAD,MARKET FOR THEM

HOW I WISH THEY CAN REDUCE D PRIZE TO #3500 SO DHAT I CAN,BUY FOR ALL MU VILLAGE PEOPLE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where To Buy Nigerian Recharge Cards Online / This Is Wicked! Paid For Airtime, Was Debited And Yet Never Got The Airtime. / Olamide's Mobile Theme For Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.