Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s (9693 Views)

Pastor Kills Wife In Edo, Drops A Note Before Escape (photos) / Burglar Arrested While Entertaining Self In Victim’s House / Hunter Kills Wife After Catching Her Having Sex With Friend In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 12:55am On Aug 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So what was the point of making that thread when you did? Now if someone would have come out and called you a tribalist back then, you'd have cried "No".

So the point was basically to show that "Yoruba" men kills their wife more than other tribes?

Plz, cease from calling me a tribalist, because you're worse than I.

Which Tribe Bleaches Their Skin Most?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-491990.0.html

Which Nigerian Tribe Is Blessed With Biggest Boooobs?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-491981.0.html

Which Tribe Has The Best Juju?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-488882.0.html

etc etc

I don't know how Yoruba men entered this story now. From all I know, only 2 of them have killed their spouses in the US against 5 igbo men but Yoruba women have killed both in Nigeria and abroad and remember you are reporting murders over the spate of 8 years but the case of Yoruba women was just in 10 months. Why don't you explain it.

This issue is beyond Igbo men or even men in general, because from the report it seems that women kill more of their spouses than  men do. The only woman reported to have used hot water to try murdering her husband was sometime last year in NY and she is a Yoruba woman. ohhheerr, there must be a trend here, prove me wrong.

Lesson learned: It is easy to point fingers when the remaining 4 will be pointing at you.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

Ileke-Idi,

I haven't been posting tribalistic post. Actually, I have been supporting Yorubas and Africans in general against people who say we are inferior.

And I have been defending Nigerians concerning South Africans. Kind of makes it hard when I have a Yoruba trying to mock Igbo men. Don't you think?

chiogo:

There were a couple cases of murder by non-Igbo men. But fact remains that Igbo men are the majority perpetrators of this barbaric act.
Y'all can choose to call it a Nigerian problem but some people always have a bigger share of the so-called problem. With that said, the Nigerian name has been over-soiled around the world, it's getting more than sickening. Which one una dey sef? 419, terrorism, na wa oo.

@Ezeuche, this is likely an ibo trying to get your attention. Is he/she also mocking ibo men? If you answer yes, the it is probably the case that you are confirming the existence of a problem. The problem by the way does not exist only with families in America. . . right in Nigeria, the situation exists, only as most crimes do in Nigeria, they go unreported.

EzeUche22:

But to be honest, I think it is the stresses of American life on immigrant families. My family had its trouble in which my father had to get used to American life. Drinking and such. . . undecided

Stresses of what american life? What are you rambling about now? The main reason why migrant families find it hard to adjust is what, CULTURAL differences they are unable or unwilling to deal with.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 12:56am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo,

You are not lying. My father cannot wait to become emiritus.

He already built his house in the village like all Igbo men do. But I think he is going to retire to Calabar where we have another home.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo:

Yea thats a problem. . .goes back to the issue of growing old in this country. . .

my uncle a very well established medical doctor(he makes over $200,000/yr). . just moved back to naija with his wife

he is probably in his mid 50s. . .

Most Naija men i know,go home to retire. .

i wonder what this dude was still doing in america @64

I can bet u that if they were settled down in lagos,Abuja or Enugu

they will both be alive today. . . cool

True, most Nigerians go home to retire. My aunt is waiting for her youngest son to get to college and she's off. Woman don dey build houses scatter scatter all over naija just for her return undecided

But what if they have been in USA for more than half of their life? Then there is no excuse, such as cultural difference for this act.

lol. . . I think i want u to lock u up for a week. . .(in my home of course). . wink and make u shake that. .ileke on your waist. . for days. . . cool
You know where to find me wink cheesy
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

I don't know how Yoruba men entered this story now. From all I know, only 2 of them have killed their spouses in the US against 5 igbo men but Yoruba women have killed both in Nigeria and abroad and remember you are reporting murders over the spate of 8 years but the case of Yoruba women was just in 10 months. Why don't you explain it.

This issue is beyond Igbo men or even men in general, because from the report it seems that women kill more of their spouses than  men do. The only woman reported to have used hot water to try murdering her husband was sometime last year in NY and she is a Yoruba woman. ohhheerr, there must be a trend here, prove me wrong.

Lesson learned: It is easy to point fingers when the remaining 4 will be pointing at you.

Yawn, back to topic.

You have seen a lot and may you continue to see many more.  Now Aloy.Emeka, moving on
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 12:58am On Aug 19, 2010
chiogo:

There were a couple cases of murder by non-Igbo men. But fact remains that Igbo men are the majority perpetrators of this barbaric act.
Y'all can choose to call it a Nigerian problem but some people always have a bigger share of the so-called problem
. With that said, the Nigerian name has been over-soiled around the world, it's getting more than sickening. Which one una dey sef? 419, terrorism, na wa oo.

You've always have the thought process of an idi.ot . I just laid out that more Yoruba women have killed their spouses than Igbo men or any other men from Nigeria, so how do you explain that or is it good to discuss men related violence while we sit on the ones associated with women?.

I see pure sexism here o. See as they keep ignoring it even though those cases happened one month apart .
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You've always have the thought process of an idi.ot . I just laid out that more Yoruba women have killed their spouses than Igbo men or any other men from Nigeria, so how do you explain that or is it good to discuss men related violence while we sit on the ones associated with women?.

I see pure sexism here o. See as they keep ignoring it even though those cases happened one month apart .

You have proven nothing my dear cool If it happens in NIgeria, many cases of that from other region have prolly not been reported as HOMICIDE. Shebi Bribe dey? should I continue posting threads?  

As for abroad, many cases like this, supported that recent threads on NL, centered on one group of men.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Beaf: 1:02am On Aug 19, 2010
Every topic these days ends up as Yoruba vs Igbo. cry
It is really sad.

@topic
That man is surely on his way to time in hell (whatever that entails), may the womans soul rest in peace and if there are any kids, may they be comforted.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

The truth hurts abi, you are short of words abi?. Over 15 Yoruba women so fave have murdered their spouses within 2 years and you ignore it and face about 5 Igbo men who did the same [b]within 10 years[ an average of 1 incident per 2 years against the Yoruba women which is an average of 1 incident per 30 days]. No wonder Nigeria is a cesspool.[/b]

It will hurt when I get it. . . . but like I said, of recent news of spousal murdering abroad, who does it center upon?

This is not a case of tribalism, but seeing what is before your focal points.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 19, 2010
Beaf:

Every topic these days ends up as Yoruba vs Igbo. cry
It is really sad.
Why should NL take away Aloy.Emeka's fave pastime? cool
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 1:04am On Aug 19, 2010
Instead of focusing on the tribe, I  have heard this problem ocurring with other immigrant families. Especially African families.

From my discussions with my brothers, it seems like once they bring their wife from the village to America, these women go crazy. And they stress the men out.

I remember my cousin had a heart attack at 35 years old because his wife kept on saying that she made more money than him as a nurse. Just emasculating the man in front of their children and family.  angry
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by chiogo(f): 1:05am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You're very mad! Of course if it's a factual issue then it's obviously a problem too, does not pertain to this very topic. Open a thread on Yoruba women killing their men and it'd be considered a problem too. Sheesh, buy a brain.

Yea, from tribalism to sexism. You're a genius. . . not. I could easily have denied the glaring truth but I choose not to be a hypocrite(sue me!)
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

So, there is wayo in reporting. Okay but it doesn't mean that the ones reported are lies?. If an average of 1 husband killer is recorded per 30 days among Yoruba women, so that is not enough to raise red flags in your head and advise your siblings or sons to avoid marrying Yoruba women?. Must you wait for reports from other regions before your own becomes a problem?.

How about the only Nigerian woman reported in the US who did the same last year is a Yoruba woman. Does that not tell you something?.

You see I hate partiality, do unto others as you want it done unto you. This idea of Igbos killing their wives were coined by Yoruba tribalist trollers like you and luckily I received this email and goons like you still wanna turn a blind eye on it and insist that the 5 incidences surrounding Igbo men are more sinister. Sorry.

Now back to the topic, Funmi

Obviously, you're trying to turn this into a Yoruba vs. Igbo  thread for some purpose of yours.

Like I said before. . . . spousal murdering centers is becoming a problem with nigerian men abroad and centers mostly on one group.

Isnt there a "Which Tribe. . . ." question thread you want to go and create?
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

Instead of focusing on the tribe, I  have heard this problem ocurring with other immigrant families. Especially African families.

From my discussions with my brothers, it seems like once they bring their wife from the village to America, these women go crazy.

I have heard similar stories but care to describe what you mean when you say "these women go crazy"
EzeUche22:

And they stress the men out.

Are wives no longer allowed to stress their husbands out? Last time I checked, humans beings tend to do that to each other from time to time.
EzeUche22:

I remember my cousin had a heart attack at 35 years old because his wife kept on saying that she made more money than him as a nurse. Just emasculating the man in front of their children and family.  angry

Emasculating the man . . . hhmmm . . . meaning the man somehow had some elevated status that the woman took an axe to, right? So what happened to human beings being equal?
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Beaf: 1:11am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

From my discussions with my brothers, it seems like once they bring their wife from the village to America, these women go crazy. And they stress the men out.

Simple solution. Don't go bring somebody from the village, there are enough good Nigerian men and women abroad; people who have lived there long enough to know how the system works and what the boundaries are.

To my mind, those who go looking for village men or women to fly into marriage in a strange land are people who aren't confident in their abiliies with the opposite sex. They would have run into trouble anyway; it all goes back to the Nigerian self esteem issues I pointed out earlier.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 1:14am On Aug 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I have heard similar stories but care to describe what you mean when you say "these women go crazy"

They go crazy. Bring a Nigerian woman to America and she starts acting like an akata woman. Igbo women are the worse. They start stressing us Igbo men like no other. Do not make an Igbo woman get more money than you. She will not let you get a good night sleep!  angry

Wives can stress their husbands, but in moderation! Igbo women are known to go to the extreme.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

[size=14pt]So it is also fine for me to claim that spousal murdering centers is becoming a problem with Nigerian women at home  and centers mostly on Yoruba women?[/size].

More Yoruba women murderers abroad:

http://www.aolnews.com/story/woman-pours-boiling-water-on-husbands/592985

Very fine. . . . go ahead cool cool If it cures your wound grin
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 1:18am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo,

You are not lying. My father cannot wait to become emiritus.

He already built his house in the village like all Igbo men do. But I think he is going to retire to Calabar where we have another home.

Yes oh. . .thats the best. . .Our spirit is back home. . the land is always calling us. .

u cant really have peace of mind until u go back. . esp the older ones

calabar is a cool town. . .

You know where to find me  wink cheesy  

ha ha. . .  smiley  cool
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 1:18am On Aug 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Very fine. . . . go ahead cool cool

And more :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-443725.0.html

In short go to the crime tread and count how many murders related to Yorubas before you come back to make your claim. He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones and this warning is also extended to igbos.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 1:19am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

They go crazy. Bring a Nigerian woman to America and she starts acting like an akata woman. Igbo women are the worse. They start stressing us Igbo men like no other. Do not make an Igbo woman get more money than you. She will not let you get a good night sleep!  angry

Wait a minute . . . . pull the brakes . . . do you see what I see in your post there? I mean clearly you seem to have hit the nail on the head with the problem there but you still missed it . . lol

Why can't these women choose to express themselves even as akatas do? Because they are ibos or are not meant to do that? Human beings stress each other . .  bosses stress their employees and vice versa  . .  why are these wives somehow not allowed to stress their husbands even as humans do?

We tend to make up rules for others to conform to and forget that is a form of control in itself. Why try to control the way the other acts or lives?

EzeUche22:

Wives can stress their husbands, but in moderation! Igbo women are known to go to the extreme.
Why in moderation? Do all human beings only stress in moderation? Do all husbands stress in moderation? Why then do you expect all wives to act according to this rule you set for them, as if they are not humans to stress the way they want?
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo:

Yes oh. . .thats the best. . .Our spirit is back home. . the land is always calling us. .

u cant really have peace of mind until u go back. . esp the older ones

calabar is a cool town. . .

ha ha. . .  smiley  cool

But you, you're too young, to be retiring back to Naija.

Holla when you come back. . . . Miami is there for us to enjoy tongue

Are you saying there is peace of mind in Nigeria? There is security? Trust?
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by chiogo(f): 1:22am On Aug 19, 2010
Beaf:

To my mind, those who go looking for village men or women to fly into marriage in a strange land are people who aren't confident in their abiliies with the opposite gender. They would have run into trouble anyway; it all goes back to the Nigerian self esteem issues I pointed out earlier.
Exactly!

It's ironic how they claim westernized women are bla bla and bla yet they still end up butchering the ones from the village. Sad bunch.

Aloy+Emeka:

This daft pororo is not woth my time obviously. Concentrate on the area boys who bang you without remorse but make sure you slam one with pregnancy sha if you hope to marry.
Great! Now run along.
Going to live with a savage animal who'll eventually butcher you is marriage? I laugh in Swahili, don't worry about me though - worry about your self-esteem issues.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 19, 2010
They go crazy. Bring a Nigerian woman to America and she starts acting like an akata woman. Igbo women are the worse. They start stressing us Igbo men like no other. Do not make an Igbo woman get more money than you. She will not let you get a good night sleep!  

You're so sexist it's not funny.

How are you sure that women are the ones causing the problem?

True, if women make more money than the man, it becomes a problem. But men have it harder adjusting to a new enviroment, esp the huge difference in culture.

Like OnlyTruth said before. . . . Nigerian men in Nigerian, marry  NIgerian women in Nigeria. Nigeria men abroad, marry a Nigerian women abroad. Dont bring any man or woman here to marry, esp if you have self-control and betrayal issue.

And men cant stress their wife.

"My wife must be on my table when I get back from work"
"My food must be on my table when I wake up"
"Drop the kids at work"
"The baby is all your work"
"Take the baby to the doctor"

etc. . . . NIgerian men believe that their only job is to pay the bills and bring money to the table.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Aug 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

True, if women make more money than the man, it becomes a problem. But men have it harder adjusting to a new enviroment, esp the huge difference in culture.

Like OnlyTruth said before. . . . Nigerian men in Nigerian, marry NIgerian women in Nigeria. Nigeria men abroad, marry a Nigerian women abroad. Dont bring any man or woman here to marry, esp if you have self-control and betrayal issue.

WHAT? @Onlytruth said what? Check your records ooo . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 19, 2010
@chiogo

Leave Emeka. . . . chick loffs tribal comparisons. grin

Kobojunkie:

WHAT? @Onlytruth said what? Check your records ooo . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Oh was that you? grin
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 1:32am On Aug 19, 2010
But you, you're too young, to be retiring back to Naija.

Holla when you come back. . . . Miami is there for us to enjoy

Are you saying there is peace of mind in Nigeria? There is security? Trust?

hon. . .the kind of fun i'll show u in naija. . u cant catch it in Miami or any American city. . .

Yea am not really retiring just going back to build a dynasty. . .in business and maybe politics. . .

All the friends i went to college with in Abuja,are beginning to rise up in Nigerias power circles

Their dads are now ministers and so on. . .

one of thems dad is in Jonathans inner circle(dont wanna say the name on here)

Bottom line its time to go contribute in building my country. .

In 30yrs i'll be. . fulfilled and watching what i helped build. . .with satisfaction

No where is safe. . .ppl get popped on the daily here in America

there might be nuclear terrorism. . .in the next 10yrs. . .

plus i got acres of land in Anambra,Lagos and Abuja. . .
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by dayokanu(m): 1:33am On Aug 19, 2010
etc. . . . NIgerian men believe that their only job is to pay the bills and bring money to the table.

Isnt that enough work already?
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by chiogo(f): 1:34am On Aug 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@chiogo

Leave Emeka. . . . chick loffs tribal comparisons. grin
I heard the fool is not even Igbo. Wonder why he or she(hermaphrodite or whatever the funk it is) likes taking tylenol for other people's headache.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

See wetin this one dey talk . . . do you know how many woman are breadwinners in today's world? Yes, even in Nigeria, women are needing to take on a lot of the bill paying/feeding, and some still handling raising and taking care of the kids as well.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Beaf: 1:36am On Aug 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Like OnlyTruth said before. . . . Nigerian men in Nigerian, marry  NIgerian women in Nigeria. Nigeria men abroad, marry a Nigerian women abroad. Dont bring any man or woman here to marry, esp if you have self-control and betrayal issue.
And men cant stress their wife.

[size=14pt]"My wife must be on my table when I get back from work"[/size]
"My food must be on my table when I wake up"
"Drop the kids at work"
"The baby is all your work"
"Take the baby to the doctor"

There is nothing wrong with the super bolded one o! I prefer my woman on the table to food anyday! grin
Un huh!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by becomrich3: 1:38am On Aug 19, 2010
what you see in igbo men killing thier wife, is the after effect of a civil war. they even pass it on to thier next generation. It make them abit heartless and hard. igbo men tend not to be emotional, this is one thing i notice about igbo men.

There was no flushing done after the civil war. Their mind were train to kill. But was not brought back to human. the way the brain works is hard for some of you to understand.

there was no detoxification after the nigeria civil war. In the , mind of many igbo, there is still a civil war. It also account for IBB and Buhari and Gasau joining the presidential races. They were part of the civil war. The moment they saw the satellite pictures. The civil war kick in.

Ibb and others never went through detoxification after the civil war. And non detoxification account for the many military coup after the civil war. They already kill, human had no value to them. It becomes like any object. Debt also abroad can also be linked to its. inability of some nigerian to be honest with thier family in nigeria. It create stress, which activate the killer in them.
There is still a civil war in the mind of many nigerian and in the way they act.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 19, 2010
chiogo:

I heard the fool is not even Igbo. Wonder why he or she(hermaphrodite or whatever the funk it is) likes taking tylenol for other people's headache.
She's Yoruba. Feels that making Igbo vs Yoruba conversations and supporting one side is going to get her included.

dayokanu:

Women do the same. . . . so point is?

Bringing in money is useless when you cant attend to the other care of your family.

paddy_lo:

hon. . .the kind of fun i'll show u in naija. . u cant catch it in Miami or any American city. . .

Yea am not really retiring just going back to build a dynasty. . .in business and maybe politics. . .

All the friends i went to college with in Abuja,are beginning to rise up in Nigerias power circles

Their dads are now ministers and so on. . .

one of thems dad is in Jonathans inner circle(dont wanna say the name on here)

Bottom line its time to go contribute in building my country. .

In 30yrs i'll be. . fulfilled and watching what i helped build. . .with satisfaction

No where is safe. . .ppl get popped on the daily here in America

there might be nuclear terrorism. . .in the next 10yrs. . .

plus i got acres of land in Anambra,Lagos and Abuja. . .

Offtopic: hmm, really.

Personally, I wouldnt want to join the "powerful" inner circles. Too much snakes and vipers in it lol

sha be careful.

You're just 2_ , acres of land in A, L, A. .  . . ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bandits In Zamfara Still Holding NYSC Membes From Akwa Ibom / The Devil Is Not Black He Is White ( Graphic Images) / 5 Guys Who Allegedly Drugged, Raped & Filmed 2 Girls Were Arrested Then Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.