Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s (9691 Views)

Pastor Kills Wife In Edo, Drops A Note Before Escape (photos) / Burglar Arrested While Entertaining Self In Victim’s House / Hunter Kills Wife After Catching Her Having Sex With Friend In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 19, 2010
Beaf:

There is nothing wrong with the super bolded one o! I prefer my woman on the table to food anyday! grin
Un huh!
ROTFLMAO!
ashewo grin grin grin grin
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Aug 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@chiogo

Leave Emeka. . . . chick loffs tribal comparisons. grin
Oh was that you? grin

I didn't post that. But It was definitely not @OnlyTruth's post considering the dude made some really awful sexist statements on this on the other thread. lol
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by dayokanu(m): 1:41am On Aug 19, 2010
I thought the problem was mainly with men who imported their wives I didnt know it also happens the other way

Kobojunkie:

See wetin this one dey talk . . . do you know how many woman are breadwinners in today's world? Yes, even in Nigeria, women are needing to take on a lot of the bill paying/feeding, and some still handling raising and taking care of the kids as well.

In that case when the women becomes the breadwinner, then the man should take up the supposedly feminine roles like cooking, caring for kids and make sure the bread winner meets food on the table when he/she gets home.

I personally have a problem with men who cant get their behind up and go to work and provide for their family
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Eziachi: 1:42am On Aug 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Oya no vex  kiss kiss

It's becoming an epidemic with Nigerian men abroad. . . . I said based on the news being posted on Nairaland and on the internet, it centers mostly around Igbo men.

But if you guys think I'm wrong, okay.

Anywaz, this is going to happen again in 2 months time. . . . so the focus should be on "Why".
And funny thing you call me a tribalist. . .  . if I start digging my own thread up wink

So despite all your intelligent, you cannot decipher the fact that eight out of every ten said Nigerians in the United State are likely to be Igbo’s?  Hence that will reflect in all life spheres over there?
Just like here in the United Kingdom, probably every ten claimed Nigerians here, eight are likely to be Yoruba, therefore it will reflect on every sphere of life of claimed Nigerians in the U.K?
Therefore, those that had turned Thamesmead into credit card fraud capital of U.K are mostly Yoruba’s because there are big concentration of Yoruba’s in the U.K, especially S.E London.   That is the way it works. The same can be said for the Caribbean’s, who are mostly Jamaicans, hence hiding the fact that others too, not just Jamaicans.
If this guy was given a Nobel Prize for his work, I am sure, you will be running around trying to hang the Nigerian toga around his neck and will bark at anyone that suggest, that he is an Igbo man. You tend to choose the Igbo label when it suits your fancy.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 1:42am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo,

Over my dead body will you get in politics before me!  angry
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

See wetin this one dey talk . . . do you know how many woman are breadwinners in today's world? Yes, even in Nigeria, women are needing to take on a lot of the bill paying/feeding, and some still handling raising and taking care of the kids as well.

KoboJ, if you're really a man, you've sparked my interest cool You make too much sense.
If you're not. . . . the door is that way ---->  grin grin

Eziachi:

So despite all your intelligent, you cannot decipher the fact that eight out of every ten said Nigerians in the United State are likes Igbo’s?  Hence that will reflect in all life spheres over there?
Just like here in the United Kingdom, probably every ten claimed Nigerians here, eight are likely to be Yoruba, therefore it will reflect on every sphere of life of claimed Nigerians in the U.K?
Therefore, those that had turn Thamesmead into credit card fraud capital of U.K are mostly Yoruba’s because there is a big concentration of Yoruba’s in the U.K, especially S.E London.   That is the way it works. The same can be said for the Caribbean’s, who are mostly Jamaicans, hence hiding the fact that others too.
If this guy was given a Nobel Prize for his work, I am sure, you will be running around trying to hang Nigerian toga around his neck and will bark at anyone that suggest, that he is an Igbo man. You tend to choose the Igbo label when it suits your fancy.

Alright cool
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 1:43am On Aug 19, 2010
Eziachi,

Thank you for telling her. There are more Igbo people in the United State than Yorubas. You will find more Yorubas in the UK than in America.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by dayokanu(m): 1:44am On Aug 19, 2010
Listen to the voice of reason from professor mapomeji Becomricch
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Obiagu1(m): 1:45am On Aug 19, 2010
@ Eziachi

She's simply an attention seeker, flirting with every man on Nairaland.
Shame on her!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by dayokanu(m): 1:47am On Aug 19, 2010
Eziachi:

So despite all your intelligent, you cannot decipher the fact that eight out of every ten said Nigerians in the United State are likes Igbo’s?  Hence that will reflect in all life spheres over there?
Therefore, those that had turn Thamesmead into credit card fraud capital of U.K are mostly Yoruba’s because there is a big concentration of Yoruba’s in the U.K, especially S.E London.   That is the way it works. The same can be said for the Caribbean’s, who are mostly Jamaicans, hence hiding the fact that others too.
If this guy was given a Nobel Prize for his work, I am sure, you will be running around trying to hang Nigerian toga around his neck and will bark at anyone that suggest, that he is an Igbo man. You tend to choose the Igbo label when it suits your fancy.

Pls I am interested in where you got this your facts from
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

I thought the problem was mainly with men who imported their wives I didnt know it also happens the other way

In that case when the women becomes the breadwinner, then the man should take up the supposedly feminine roles like cooking, caring for kids and make sure the bread winner meets food on the table when he/she gets home.

I personally have a problem with men who cant get their behind up and go to work and provide for their family
A family is not based on who brings the bread home or who doesnt. It centers around bringing up the family with care, upholding responsibility, discipline etc.
The roles need not be switched in any case. No role is too feminine or masculine to any of them to play. It does not make him less of a man to take his kids out to have fun. .  . to change the diaper of the baby. . . . to help his kids out with their homework. . . . to cook for the family while the wife is out home. . . . or for her to fix what needs to be fixed around the house. There shouldnt be a role. . . . let respect, love, tolerance, and that "c" world  etc be maintained.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 1:50am On Aug 19, 2010
sha be careful.

You're just 2_ , acres of land in A, L, A. .  . . ?

Anambra and Lagos is inherited

Abj i bought. . .

remember i told u about me. . 2 sisters. . .and just me. . . cool

Naija is my home now. . .no shaking

paddy_lo,

Over my dead body will you get in politics before me!  

men i leave for naija this yr. . . .ill be in Abuja for christmas God willing. . .re-connecting with old contacts

and making new ones. . . .

minimum age for house of reps is 30yrs. . .

so in a couple of yrs i'll be ready. . . cool
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 1:50am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Are you doubting the number of Igbo people in the U.S?

Everyone knows that. Igbos have been coming to the U.S. since Zik picked an American university over a British university. While Yorubas were more inclined to go to the UK.

You even have 3rd Generation Igbos living in America.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 1:52am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo:

[color=#000099][b]men i leave for naija this yr. . . .ill be in Abuja for christmas God willing. . .re-connecting with old contacts

And why would someone allow you to enter their circle? grin

If you not part of a circle, then you will not get a piece of that cake.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo:

Abj i bought. . .

remember i told u about me. . 2 sisters. . .and just me. . . cool

Naija is my home now. . .no shaking

men i leave for naija this yr. . . .ill be in Abuja for christmas God willing. . .re-connecting with old contacts

Just dont end up corrupt tongue tongue tongue

I dont want to read about you beating up this Gov because of that she-governor lol
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by dayokanu(m): 1:55am On Aug 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

A family is not based on who brings the bread home or who doesnt. It centers around bringing up the family with care, upholding responsibility, discipline etc.
The roles need not be switched in any case. No role is too feminine or masculine to any of them to play. It does not make him less of a man to take his kids out to have fun. .  . to change the diaper of the baby. . . . to help his kids out with their homework. . . . to cook for the family while the wife is out home. . . . or for her to fix what needs to be fixed around the house. There shouldnt be a role. . . . let respect, love, tolerance, and that "c" world  etc be maintained.

Keep living your own ideal Waltz Disney world and lemme talk to Kobojunkie jare.

I bet if any heavy lifting needs to be done in the house, The woman too is expected to do it since there are no gender roles

No wonder Igbo babes are snatching all the Yoruba men from you all.

When Yoruba women want to tie wrapper for their men and put the baby on his back.

Go and read Wale weds Ngozi Thread and see how another Yoruba dude didnt mind the journey across the Niger
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Eziachi: 1:55am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Me too, I will be interested to know why you are not aware that 8 out of every 10 Nigerians found in the United Kingdom are Yorubas and the same for Igbos in the United Kingdom?  The same for Ghanaians in Germany when it comes to the black population.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by dayokanu(m): 1:58am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

Are you doubting the number of Igbo people in the U.S?

Everyone knows that. Igbos have been coming to the U.S. since Zik picked an American university over a British university. While Yorubas were more inclined to go to the UK.

You even have 3rd Generation Igbos living in America.

I am simply asking you to back your stats up with Facts I have lived in 3 US states(Illinois, Texas and New Jersey) and 4 major cities and I have never had the impression that Igbos were 8 out of 10 Nigerians.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 1:59am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

No wonder Igbo babes are snatching all the Yoruba men from you all.

When Yoruba women want to tie wrapper for their men and put the baby on his back.

Go and read Wale weds Ngozi Thread and see how another Yoruba dude didnt mind the journey across the Niger

It is not as if Yoruba women care about y'all and they don't even miss y'all, men full ground and if you guys want to waste your money east of the Niger, Yoruba women can also find love west of the atlantic. Republic of Benin men, Ebira, Ghana etc dey. shiiit.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 2:01am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

I am simply asking you to back your stats up with Facts I have lived in 3 US states(Illinois, Texas and New Jersey) and 4 major cities and I have never had the impression that Igbos were 8 out of 10 Nigerians.

Of course that is a bogus stat. Igbos are obviously higher in no in the US but not by 8/10 . May be 5/10 or something around it.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by dayokanu(m): 2:01am On Aug 19, 2010
Eziachi:

Me too, I will be interested to know why you are not aware that 8 out of every 10 Nigerians found in the United Kingdom are Yorubas and the same for Igbos in the United Kingdom?  The same for Ghanaians in Germany when it comes to the black population.

I cant say much about the UK cos I have never lived there but in the US where I currently live, It never for any moment seemed like Igbos were 8 out of 10

Maybe some stats would help your argument
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 2:01am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

I personally have a problem with men who can't get their behind up and go to work and provide for their family
Not all men can do that and many are beginning to be more sympathetic and helping out in cases where they are no longer the breadwinners. It is really nothing to be ashamed of anymore in the US but I can see how it classes, again, with the Nigerian CULTURE and mentality!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 2:04am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

I cant say much about the UK cos I have never lived there but in the US where I currently live, It never for any moment seemed like Igbos were 8 out of 10

Maybe some stats would help your argument

I concur!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by dayokanu(m): 2:07am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Of course that is a bogus stat. Igbos are obviously higher in no in the US but not by 8/10 . May be 5/10 or something around it.

Dont forget that most Yoruba people would call even an Edo person Igbo

To the average Yoruba If your name doesnt sound Yoruba or Islamic(Hausa) then you are Igbo Many Deltans, South South, Calabar, Benue-Idoma  have been categorized as Igbos

A friend from Jos whose na was Pamtok Bomkat was assumed by many to be Igbo

Kobojunkie:

Not all men can do that and many are beginning to be more sympathetic and helping out in cases where they are no longer the breadwinners. It is really nothing to be ashamed of anymore in the US but I can see how it classes, again, with the Nigerian CULTURE and mentality!

Kobo,

The fact is that its a cultural thing for a man to provice 70-80% for the home and when a Nigerian man cant do that its a problem, I personally would feel so uncomfortable for my wife to be working and I sit at home, I would rather go to Alaskan minefields to look for a job
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by oyinda3(f): 2:09am On Aug 19, 2010
always seemed to me that there are more yorubas than igbos in US.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 2:10am On Aug 19, 2010
And why would someone allow you to enter their circle?  

If you not part of a circle, then you will not get a piece of that cake.

True. . thats why u re-connect with old contacts. .

I went to University of Abuja for 4yrs. . .

Lets just say. . 60% of the kids in that school,are going to be the leaders of Naija 2morrow

either in politics,Economics,business,SSS,customs,or civil service

and am still in touch with most of them today. . .(some are in naija,some in UK) cool

Just dont end up corrupt  

I dont want to read about you beating up this Gov because of that she-governor lol

lol. . .nah,corruption is just for lazy ppl that cant think. . .

I gots so much ideas on companys to form back home its not even funny. . .
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 2:11am On Aug 19, 2010
oyinda.:

What?

Go to Houston, go to Maryland - Especially the Baltimore area, and go to New York. These cities are Igbo infested. And let us not forget the Igbos found in Atlanta and California.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by becomrich3: 2:11am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu  where did you get that , that yorubas call bendle people igbo. that is not true. we call them bendle. some do not know if they have created delta state.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by becomrich3: 2:13am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo where in nigeria are you from.?
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 19, 2010
oyinda.:

As I thought. 99% of NIgerians in my school are Yoruba.
In florida, I barely met more than 6 Igbo. . . . the last Igbo I met said the same.
Most of the Nigerians here have migrated from other states and they observed the same. 8/10? Source?

@Paddy
Ok o. Mo fi Olorun so e.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Kobo,

The fact is that its a cultural thing for a man to provice 70-80% for the home and when a Nigerian man cant do that its a problem, I personally would feel so uncomfortable for my wife to be working and I sit at home, I would rather go to Alaskan minefields to look for a job

Well, at least you admit to the CULTURAL reason to this.

It is a fact that more and more women now carry upto and even more tha 50% of the financial burden in homes and it makes no sense for people to cling to some of the cultural beliefs they used to.

I am not in anyway suggesting that men should now no longer work or give up their status as heads of the household of something of the sort but the minute we start to live with open minds, we can better adjust to the situation we find ourselves in during the lifetime of the relationship.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by chiogo(f): 2:16am On Aug 19, 2010
oyinda.:

I don't think so. Boston is not big but there are sooo many Igbo people here. I've met only few Yoruba folks.
But 8 out of every 10 Nigerian can't be Igbo. That's a lot bearing in mind that albeit there might not be a lot of Hausa people, there are people from Delta and Edo areas too so it's not just Igbos and Yorubas. I know there are a lot of Igbo ppl in the U.S. though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bandits In Zamfara Still Holding NYSC Membes From Akwa Ibom / The Devil Is Not Black He Is White ( Graphic Images) / 5 Guys Who Allegedly Drugged, Raped & Filmed 2 Girls Were Arrested Then Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.