Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s (9703 Views)

Pastor Kills Wife In Edo, Drops A Note Before Escape (photos) / Burglar Arrested While Entertaining Self In Victim’s House / Hunter Kills Wife After Catching Her Having Sex With Friend In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by becomrich3: 2:17am On Aug 19, 2010
what you see in igbo men killing thier wife, is the after effect of a civil war. they even pass it on to thier next generation. It make them abit heartless and hard. igbo men tend not to be emotional, this is one thing i notice about igbo men.

There was no flushing done after the civil war. Their mind were train to kill. But was not brought back to human. the way the brain works is hard for some of you to understand.

there was no detoxification after the nigeria civil war. In the , mind of many igbo, there is still a civil war. It also account for IBB and Buhari and Gasau joining the presidential races. They were part of the civil war. The moment they saw the satellite pictures. The civil war kick in.

Ibb and others never went through detoxification after the civil war. And non detoxification account for the many military coup after the civil war. They already kill, human had no value to them. It becomes like any object. Debt also abroad can also be linked to its. inability of some nigerian to be honest with thier family in nigeria. It create stress, which activate the killer in them.
There is still a civil war in the mind of many nigerian and in the way they act.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 2:18am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo where in nigeria are you from.?

I am from Anambra State. . .grew up in Lagos. . .and Abuja. . . cool
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 2:18am On Aug 19, 2010
becomrich3:

dayokanu  where did you get that , that yorubas call bendle people igbo. that is not true. we call them bendle. some do not know if they have created delta state.

I guess Bendle is the Batu spelling for Bendel. Why are you so desperate to embarrass DayoKanu simply because he cannot speak Batu English fluently?
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by pearl2(m): 2:19am On Aug 19, 2010
@ DayoKanu & Aloy+Emeka, I am not sure of the exact stats, but Igbos presence in the US, even goes back to the slavery times. It's a documented fact, that more slaves were taken from Igbo part of present day Nigeria to the US, than from other parts; just like you have more Yorubas taken to the Carribean and South America e.g, Jamaica, Brazil.

Another factor for greater Igbo presence in the US is the fact that, they were the first ethnic group to be given the Green card by the US government as a result of the Nigerian-Biafran War.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by bkbabe97y(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2010
****BkBabe strolls in, sees the title of Topic, thinks to self "One of EzeUche's boys done did 'it' again. . . . .". Sits down with soda and popcorn and starts munching watching the unfolding drama, denial, cries, and more denial. Picks up phone, calls Vegas, places bet on when next Biafran Nigerian will again murder spouse before the year is over. . . . .*******
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2010
Let us keep in mind that it was Igbos who led the wave of Nigerians to come to the United States.

The 1st wave was when Zik an Igbo man and many of his Eastern brothers went to school in the U.S. While people like Awolowo went to the UK.

The 2nd wave came before, during and after the civil war when the East was devastated.

The 3rd wave was in the 80s in which you had a large influx of Igbos to America.

The 4th wave is some people like myself.

Let us not forget that some people forget that there are many Igbos who were born and raised in the U.S. but you will never know until they say there last names.

A lot of Igbo men got akata women pregnant.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 2:20am On Aug 19, 2010
chiogo:

I don't think so. Boston is not big but there are sooo many Igbo people here. I've met only few Yoruba folks.
But 8 out of every 10 Nigerian can't be Igbo. That's a lot bearing in mind that albeit there might not be a lot of Hausa people, there are people from Delta and Edo areas too so it's not just Igbos and Yorubas. I know there are a lot of Igbo ppl in the U.S. though.

Bottom line, you run into the people you know. But generally there are more Yorubas in Uk, more Igbos in the US and Asia  and more Ghananians than any other group in Germany.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2010
@Paddy
Ok o. Mo fi Olorun so e.

thanks hon. . mo ti gbo. . . smiley
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 2:21am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

A lot of Igbo men got akata women pregnant.

Let us clap for you guys. While others are first in inventing rockets, etc you guys are the first to impregnate akata as you call them.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 2:22am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Let us clap for you guys. While others are first in inventing rockets, etc you guys are the first to impregnate akata as you call them.

I am talking about the children they produced. Plenty of them running around. Especially the ones born in the 80s. They technically count as Igbo.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Justcash(m): 2:23am On Aug 19, 2010
oyinda.:

always seemed to me that there are more yorubas than igbos in US.

Ileke-IdI:

As I thought. 99% of NIgerians in my school are Yoruba.
In florida, I barely met more than 6 Igbo. . . . the last Igbo I met said the same.
Most of the Nigerians here have migrated from other states and they observed the same. 8/10? Source?

@Paddy
Ok o. Mo fi Olorun so e.

It is a visible fact. Igbos migrate more to the U.S, while the Yorubas migrate more to the U.K. There are millions of Igbos in the U.S.  In fact it is quite difficult to find an Igbo family tree without a member in the United states. This Migration did not even start today. It started way back, when Nigeria was still good. The Outflux was further encouraged by the civil war and discrimination of Igbo land. The same cannot be said about Igbos in the UK. Very few compared to Yorubas.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by oyinda3(f): 2:23am On Aug 19, 2010
chiogo,
i guess i'm just not very exposed to igbo ppl.  i've only met a few.
but i'm sure ur prolly right that there are more igbos in US.

lwkmd @ezeuche's last comment.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 2:24am On Aug 19, 2010
pearl2:

@ DayoKanu & Aloy+Emeka, I am not sure of the exact stats, but Igbos presence in the US, even goes back to the slavery times. It's a documented fact, that more slaves were taken from Igbo part of present day Nigeria to the US, than from other parts; just like you have more Yorubas taken to the Carribean and South America e.g, Jamaica, Brazil.

Another factor for greater Igbo presence in the US is the fact that, they were the first ethnic group to be given the Green card by the US government as a result of the Nigerian-Biafran War.

The first viable reason so far but how do you explain the huge presence of Yorubas in the UK?. I still believe it has to do with interests. I have seen many Yorubas resident in the US who emigrated to UK on their own but you can rarely see igbos do that.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 2:25am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

I am talking about the children they produced. Plenty of them running around. Especially the ones born in the 80s. They technically count as Igbo.

No wonder bk/babe is around to bite una azzes. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 19, 2010
oyinda.:

chiogo,
i guess i'm just not very exposed to igbo ppl.  i've only met a few.
but i'm sure your prolly right that there are more igbos in US.

lwkmd @ezeuche's last comment.

Same here

Justcash:

It is a visible fact. Igbos migrate more to the U.S, while the Yorubas migrate more to the U.K. There are millions of Igbos in the U.S.  In fact it is quite difficult to find an Igbo family tree without a member in the United states. This Migration did not even start today. It started way back, when Nigeria was still good. The Outflux was further encouraged by the civil war and discrimination of Igbo land. The same cannot be said about Igbos in the UK. Very few compared to Yorubas.

Interesting. . . .
Yea, I know that there are lots of Yorubas in UK. . . .  judging by NL population of Yorubas in UK.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Aug 19, 2010
You ask for stats and you get stories from individual perspectives instead . . . na wa ooo!!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by EzeUche22(m): 2:28am On Aug 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You ask for stats and you get stories from individual perspectives instead . . . na wa ooo!!

Go do an accurate census. I bet you can get the exact numbers in the state about the Igbo population instead of in Naija. tongue
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 2:28am On Aug 19, 2010
dayokanu:

Dont forget that most Yoruba people would call even an Edo person Igbo

To the average Yoruba If your name doesnt sound Yoruba or Islamic(Hausa) then you are Igbo Many Deltans, South South, Calabar, Benue-Idoma  have been categorized as Igbos

A friend from Jos whose na was Pamtok Bomkat was assumed by many to be Igbo

Gbam.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by bkbabe97y(m): 2:29am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

No wonder bk/babe is around to bite una azzes. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

I'm around to bite what aszzes? Ewww, aint nobody biting any part of Uchenna's  (?) body, I leave that to Fl Gators!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by AloyEmeka5: 2:32am On Aug 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

I'm around to bite what aszzes? Ewww, aint nobody biting any part of Uchenna's  (?) body, I leave that to Fl Gators!

Does she give head on request ?. Eeeewww   kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by bkbabe97y(m): 2:35am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

I swear you are either a self-hating Igbo whose akata momma got pregnant on a one night stand by an Igbo man, or a confused Yoruba.

Notice I'm trying to go back to how I was when I first started on here, so, I'll ignore ur tantrums (like I've been trying to do yall Ibo men lately). Plus, I think, knowing how violent yall Ibos are, I'll like to avoid you so I dont suffer the same fate as those poor women we're discussing on here. . . . So, yeah, go ahead and Insult "YOUR" mother again!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 2:36am On Aug 19, 2010
I swear you are either a self-hating Igbo whose akata momma got pregnant on a one night stand by an Igbo man, or a confused Yoruba.

probably the former. . . . cool

whys a grown a.s.s man screaming EWWW like a b.i.t.ch. . . .i only hear girls use that term. . . cool
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 19, 2010
paddy_lo:

whys a grown a.s.s man screaming EWWW like a b.i.t.ch. . . .i only hear girls use that term. . . cool
cool cool cool
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by bkbabe97y(m): 2:39am On Aug 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Does she give head on request ?. Eeeewww   kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Well, I wouldnt know that seeing as I've never requested "it" from her. . . .  You said I'm around to bite "[b]Una'[/b]s" (shortened form of Uchenna---I assumed) aszzes, right? Thats why I made the joke thats led the lil boy to condemn his mother in such venomous fashion. . . . Oh well, I'm out! I prefer to stand on the sidelines for this one!
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by bkbabe97y(m): 2:44am On Aug 19, 2010
EzeUche22:

I am sorry! Was daddy not in your life? Was his name Uche or was is it Obi?  grin  Still looking for your mother, cause your momma was whoring around? I am sorry but you wont find your daddy here. Mother tried to get her child support and daddy fled to Naija?  grin

Lol! To call u a child will be a damn compliment! Go ahead and throw your tantrums.lol. U live to see me attack yall. . . . You guys are sadists! You enjoy the beating I dish out its. . . . scary.lol! Go back and read the posts and see if u had "any" reason to pick a fight. . . . . None, right? Exactly! Dont u get tired of the same thing day in day out? Notice, Bluetooth, 9jaganja, Sjeezy, Aigbofa and myself have, lately, let you guys entertain urselves to no end! Dont get mad when we accept your latest invitations tho. . . . .
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by pearl2(m): 2:56am On Aug 19, 2010
The huge presence of Yorubas in the UK could also be explained historically. It dates back to the pre-independence era. The British colonials and missionaries established their foothold in Southwestern Nigeria, before they moved inward. The first educated Nigerians and professionals came to England from that part to study and went back home. Of course, if your father went to Oxford or Cambridge he talks about it all his life, and naturally, his children would follow suit. For instance, the first Nigerian lawyer happened to be Sapara Williams, who was trained in England; it sought of became a family tradition for many members of the clan to follow his footsteps. You end up having the tradition down to 4th generation of the Rotimi Williams family. Another e.g is Fani-Kayode, grand father qualified as a lawyer in Cambridge, father must go to Cambridge as well, then the son would have to do same, otherwise the family tradition is broken. Going to another country or even university is not even considered!

You could posit a similar argument for Igbos and the US, Zik went to the US, built UNN and pattern it after the American univerisities, with close collaboration with institutions in the US. Majority of students going for postgrad students from the East, by default end up in Howard or somewhere close.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by becomrich3: 3:00am On Aug 19, 2010
so why would an igbo boy want to kep nigeria one , paddy lo

what you see in igbo men killing thier wife, is the after effect of a civil war. they even pass it on to thier next generation. It make them abit heartless and hard. igbo men tend not to be emotional, this is one thing i notice about igbo men.

There was no flushing done after the civil war. Their mind were train to kill. But was not brought back to human. the way the brain works is hard for some of you to understand.

there was no detoxification after the nigeria civil war. In the , mind of many igbo, there is still a civil war. It also account for IBB and Buhari and Gasau joining the presidential races. They were part of the civil war. The moment they saw the satellite pictures. The civil war kick in.

Ibb and others never went through detoxification after the civil war. And non detoxification account for the many military coup after the civil war. They already kill, human had no value to them. It becomes like any object. Debt also abroad can also be linked to its. inability of some nigerian to be honest with thier family in nigeria. It create stress, which activate the killer in them.
There is still a civil war in the mind of many nigerian and in the way they act.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 4:03am On Aug 19, 2010
so why would an igbo boy want to kep nigeria one , paddy lo

Honestly becomerich am too young to know about that civil war ish. . .

All i know is that,we igbos have done our part and its time to sit back relax and watch things unfold

I have friends from all over Nigeria

I alreadyy told u i grew in lagos and went to school in Abuja

some of my best friends are muslim,yoruba,edo,hausa,calabar. . . .and of course igbo

so i dont see what the big deal is. . .

when we get together to hang out,we chase girls from all over Nigeria,when we meet outside Nigeria in UK or USA we are all Nigerians

so thats the story there. . . .
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by becomrich3: 4:08am On Aug 19, 2010
then what is your reason for been against edo,delta and yorubas leaving Nigeria. while you remain in Nigeria chasing girls.?
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by paddylo1(m): 4:21am On Aug 19, 2010
then what is your reason for been against edo,delta and yorubas leaving Nigeria. while you remain in Nigeria chasing girls.?

cause i have friends and economic interests in the west,east and north

i dont want my friends or interests broken up. . . .
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by sjeezy8: 5:36am On Aug 19, 2010
lol this thread is funny- But I dont know WHERE people got theres more yoruba in the UK and theres more igbo in America-

How cany you say one tribes is more in America or UK? when you look at the Size of America.

Point blank- say it how it is  you cant compare what tribe is more based on criminal act in either country THATS RIDICULOUS

Thats like me saying "yea theres more yorubas in America because 9/10 times any case of fraud in America is committed by a yoruba person" which is probably the most frequent crime comitted by Nigerians esp yorubas. or like me saying since theres Wale, chamillionaire, Phil ade and Omorosa- theres more yorubas thats DUMB

ALL- THOSE SAYING IGBOS OR YORUBA ARE MORE THAN OTHER IN AMERICA OR UK- probably chill around their tribesmen duh- . Cause here in THE DMV area- has alot of yorubas aswell as igbo, but that would be dumb for me to say one is more than the other. WHEN OBVIOUSLY IM AROUND YORUBA PEOPLE MORE DUH.

so reaslistically an igbo person would say theres more igbo and a yoruba would say theres more yoruba- AND MY PARENTS AND WHOLE FAM HAVE BEEN IN AMERICA SINCE THE 60'S- SO Ezeuche the clown and THAT AWOLOWO AND YORUBAS IN UK BULLSHIOT DONT FLY.

neva been to london aside from going to naija.
Re: Professor Dubem Okafor Kills Wife,self In U.s by olafolarin(m): 6:22am On Aug 19, 2010
Bottom line, you run into the people you know. But generally there are more Yorubas in Uk, more Igbos in the US and Asia  and more Ghananians than any other group in Germany.

The assumption above Is so wrong.Algeria has the highest population of africans in Germany,followed by Cameroun,Togo,Ghana and Nigeria.

You Need to get your facts right before posting stuffs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Devil Is Not Black He Is White ( Graphic Images) / 6 Children Rescued From Human Traffickers’ Den, 7 Missing / Newspaper Vendor Murdered For Turning Down Free Reader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.