Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,393 members, 7,822,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap (46679 Views)

Why Are American Cars So Big / Nissan Cars / Just Nissan cars thread vin included in Ibadan 08088525399 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by mrollyB: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2019
Well I have to add my token to this topic haven own a Nissan Maxima 2000 model and this car even with v6 engines travels more than 12hours journey at a stretch with full tank and I got back to Lagos with 1/5th of my fuel after a distance of more than 700miles I will say is not bad. That been said about fuel, the gear issue of Nissan is majorly a matter of lack of understanding we all believe that cars are the same. Majority of people having problem with murano are using ATF instead of CVT.
The only problem I have with mine was the airflow meter which if you don't have the idea u may spend more than necessary for a part of 5k u can buy and replace.and you are good to go. Lastly Nissan moves have better than Toyota I can say in all year models if compared. Nissan parts are not expensive either compare to Toyota the problem is we don't know where to get them. I will give you some hints as to the major problem u can have and simple solution

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Rexzivyson99(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2019
Send ur gift cards (items,amazon,walmart, steam etc) for instant cash out at the very best rates you can get
Whatsapp/call 07058319620
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by ACE1010: 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2019
LONGPREEK:

This is a clear analysis. Now no one will answer. They are all looking for who to scam

grin grin cheesy don't mind them

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2019
sylva1:
What of Honda Pilots, they seem to be quite cheap too. Do you have any explanations for it as well?

1. It has too many other competitive alternative from Toyota, Nissan and Benz. Even from its own maker (Acura mdx, CRV, HRV, Element)

2. The stereotypes associated with Honda leg pull makes people fear it. in actual fact it doesn't pull leg neither does it have issues. Though the first generation (not the one done with opel,Isuzu and co) don't age too well. same for the odyssey.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2019
shadeyinka:

The thermostat is useful only in temperate countries. During winter, it allows frozen ice within the engine completely melt before water begins to circulate

In a place like Nigeria, it has no useful purpose.

you need enlightenment for this false claim. Go to Texas, carlifonia, Nevada this places are hotter than sokoto and they never remove thermostats fixed into cars there. I have been using my car 5 years in Nigeria bought tokunbo with 300k km on the odometer my thermostat is there fan never ran direct. If I use AC for 10 hours the temp needle dear not move an inch from the middle position nah there he dey stay no overheating or underfreezing

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by ACE1010: 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

There are some certain Nissan years that have issues. You also have to note that Toyota is still top in reliability hence reason why it is expensive and holds its resale value.

but same can't be said for Nissan which is actually better and more rugged than Toyota in certain segment.

1. Nissan Murano. came purely with CVT transmission people didn't realize CVT is different from Automatic so the pour ATF fluid instead or CVT fluid hence the gear pack up in no time. Though the gear from factory too dey one kind due to the fact that Nissan is a pioneer of CVT transmission but as time went by they perfected it in later models.

2. Nissan Altima and maxima. the 2002 to 05 years of this Nissan too had CVT that's why it's damn cheap the gear too dey pack up with or without regular recommended maintenance. before those year and after those years were OK. Apart from transmission those year had some other minor factory design flaws.

3. Nissan quest 2005 to 2010 this one too has CVT that's the major fault has a known factory defect that was latter recalled. You can know the affect specimen by running a VIN check.

All other Nissan are good but are cheap due to the body, a lot of they just fall apart on heavy use especially when used in bad road, body starts falling like London bridge.

There are many Nissan that actually hold value as close to Toyota as it can be.

1. Nissan Xtrail very solid CUV and expensive as tokunbo and Naija used.

2. Nissan Sentry with the QD engine this one doesn't fall apart like it's close siblings I wonder why.

3. Nissan pathfinder. 2003 and 2004 especially, them cost like mad and they are indestructible (metaphor)

When buying a Nissan always check the body for rust and be weary of deformity if panel beater hit the boot for adjustment, front bumper go fall of, if he hit the door suspension go bend nah joke ooo

All other Nissan are good but are cheap due to the body, a lot of they just fall apart on heavy use especially when used in bad road, body starts falling like London bridge.

grin
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2019
feelgoodstuffs:

You didn't mention Nissan Rogue. That's what I'm using atm... can you say anything about it?

Bros Nissan rogue is not cheap ooo, it's what they used to replace xtrail which is also an expensive CUV. The rogue or qashqi or qashqi II are very good products from Nissan. Identical but different target country.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by AniwetaluEmma(m): 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
Nissan cars generally are not strong like Toyota cars. Toyota cars were built for our roads. It is easy to maintain. The demand for Toyota cars make it expensive. There is no such demand for Nissan.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Bettycars(m): 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2019
CityNGR:
You should make up your mind on whatever you wanna buy.

observing from my Mercedes Benz....the peak of luxury....see nurey pained
Pleasure along with luxury. That is where Mercedes Benz finish job.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

There are some certain Nissan years that have issues. You also have to note that Toyota is still top in reliability hence reason why it is expensive and holds its resale value.

but same can't be said for Nissan which is actually better and more rugged than Toyota in certain segment.

1. Nissan Murano. came purely with CVT transmission people didn't realize CVT is different from Automatic so the pour ATF fluid instead or CVT fluid hence the gear pack up in no time. Though the gear from factory too dey one kind due to the fact that Nissan is a pioneer of CVT transmission but as time went by they perfected it in later models.

2. Nissan Altima and maxima. the 2002 to 05 years of this Nissan too had CVT that's why it's damn cheap the gear too dey pack up with or without regular recommended maintenance. before those year and after those years were OK. Apart from transmission those year had some other minor factory design flaws.

3. Nissan quest 2005 to 2010 this one too has CVT that's the major fault has a known factory defect that was latter recalled. You can know the affect specimen by running a VIN check.

2. Nissan Sentry with the QD engine this one doesn't fall apart like it's close siblings I wonder why.

3. Nissan pathfinder. 2003 and 2004 especially, them cost like mad and they are indestructible (metaphor)

When buying a Nissan always check the body for rust and be weary of deformity if panel beater hit the boot for adjustment, front bumper go fall of, if he hit the door suspension go bend grin nah joke ooo

U very certain about da 2003 n 2004 Nissan pathfinder?? As in dem they rush am 4 naija?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Still depends on what u are comparing all car brands have their luxury and affordable brands...

Nissan has its 2004, 2005 fx 35 which is expensive than Toyota's big daddy, Honda eod, even Toyota's CUV rav4 and Honda's 2005 suv...

But was informed that Nissan has a very poor sales in Naija. I quickly stopped d plans investing into nissan
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by feelgoodstuffs(m): 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

Bros Nissan rogue is not cheap ooo, it's what they used to replace xtrail which is also an expensive CUV. The rogue or qashqi or qashqi II are very good products from Nissan. Identical but different target country.

Thank you very much. The only thing I've changed in the Rogue is the Radiator which I got around 60k (brand new)what I love most about it is the design and it's 4 cylinder unlike Murano 6 cylinder.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2019
konkacid:
Forces of demand and supply... It's evident in their Nissan Micra model. A car that shouldn't be sold at no more than 200-300K now sells for 700k - 1.1m on the average. Why? Because of it's fuel economy, transporters use it as metro taxi, hence high demand/ high price.

U sure about the high demand?

If 500 units of Micra is provided, u think could all be sold within 3 weeks?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by LONGPREEK(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2019
Ademoore07:

I ONCE TOLD SOMEONE ON THIS PLATFORM THAT I WILL NEVER SPEND MY MONEY ON ANY NISSAN PRODUCT. THE MAINTENANCE COST IS HUGELY HIGHER THAN WHAT IT TAKES TO PURCHASE. VERY POOR. XTERA IS A NOISE MAKER, PATHFINDER CONSUMES FUELS A LOT. FOR YOU TO ENJOY YOUR MURANO, U JUST HAVE TO CHANGE D ENGINE TO THAT OF COROLLA. ALL THESE ARE MODEL NOT LESS THAN YEAR 2000.
Wow. I now see why murano is cheap. I used to like the car

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by generationz(f): 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

When buying a Nissan always check the body for rust and be weary of deformity if panel beater hit the boot for adjustment, front bumper go fall of, if he hit the door suspension go bend grin nah joke ooo
what of Nissan sunny?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by CityNGR: 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2019
comrade!

Bettycars:

Pleasure along with luxury. That is where Mercedes Benz finish job.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2019
generationz:

what of Nissan sunny?

A reliable product with solid engine but still body falls off and deshapes easily in minor brushing
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2019
correctguy0900:

U very certain about da 2003 n 2004 Nissan pathfinder?? As in dem they rush am 4 naija?

look all around you in Nigeria it's one of the common SUVs around and the identical sibling 2001-2002 infiniti QX4
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by LONGPREEK(m): 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2019
correctguy0900:

U sure about the high demand?

If 500 units of Micra is provided, u think could all be sold within 3 weeks?
My Igbo friend has landed cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

look all around you in Nigeria it's one of the common SUVs around and the identical sibling 2001-2002 infiniti QX4
If you think Nissan is cheap,try infinity!!!!From G35 - FX 45 then you will know it’s not....
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
Benz4pimp:
If you think Nissan is cheap,try infinity!!!!From G35 - FX 45 then you will know it’s not....

I never said any car is cheap. And for your information the Nigerian used G35 is pure water neither does it hold the resale value. A 2005 G35 manual can be gotten for 700k while auto for less than a million buck. A 2005 Toyota Avalon which is still the closest substitute cost more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by otokx(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2019
Gaddafi1:
Simply has to do with the quality of the product compared to Toyota and Honda.
Once used one but was so happy to quickly sell the vehicle even at a loss.

really expensive parts
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by shadeyinka(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

you need enlightenment for this false claim. Go to Texas, carlifonia, Nevada this places are hotter than sokoto and they never remove thermostats fixed into cars there. I have been using my car 5 years in Nigeria bought tokunbo with 300k km on the odometer my thermostat is there fan never ran direct. If I use AC for 10 hours the temp needle dear not move an inch from the middle position nah there he dey stay no overheating or underfreezing
In USA a car can move from Texas to Ohio and is still expected to function well. I just explained the mechanical and functional reasoning behind the thermostat.

A Nigerian car would almost probably ever end it's life in USA.

For overheating problems, it is either a dirty radiator or lack of good coolant fluid. It has nothing to do with the removed thermostat
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by shadeyinka(m): 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2019
1StopRudeness:

WHy would u fabricate an information on something u clearly have limited information about when u could have easily checked on Google using the same internet you used in posting this false masterpiece...Are u trying to be funny..??.

Anyways it's a faceless forum...
Why don't you tell us how the thermostat of a car operate then we'll know that you know your onions!
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by shadeyinka(m): 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
SpaceAngel:
Wrong.

What is the correct thing please?

Have you ever opened up a car thermostat and can you explain it's mechanism of operation?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by realdickoflife: 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2019
I work for Toyota in the united states and the simple reasonI can tell you is because Toyota took over the majority if the market that other brands that arent luxury has to discount their prices on new vehicles to be competitive in the market and that also translates on the value of the used cars. So technically the rebates given from the start makes the care lose so much value cus the original proce was discounted plus their market value according to blue book is low and so also their resale value
BestDude:
it is true . I have been wondering same for years. There is a Nigerian used Nissan Murano going for 500k right now and I was about to create a thread today to ask questions. I wanted to buy it for company use cos our works involve moving a lot but at the same time I was worried on same reason the op created this thread.

And my worry centered on whether the car will be giving me problems and lots of problem.

There is another murano going for 650k too.

But you will never see a Toyota of same year sell for less than 1,000,000

So, I will appreciate it if people can help us.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by shadeyinka(m): 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2019
CityNGR:

delete this post or deactivate your account immediately
When you are just an uneducated literate person who don't know beyond what he was taught in school!
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by shadeyinka(m): 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2019
femi4:
Ignorant, the thermostat regulates the Engine temperature.

Without thermostat installed, your engine operates below optimal temperature which is bad for fuel consumption and engine performances
You haven't said anything!
If you have opened up a car thermostat you have a case but if you've never, shut up and learn!
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

I never said any car is cheap. And for your information the Nigerian used G35 is pure water neither does it hold the resale value. A 2005 G35 manual can be gotten for 700k while auto for less than a million buck. A 2005 Toyota Avalon which is still the closest substitute cost more than that.

Depends on who or where you are buying from....Then what happens when you are buying an auto/manual in one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fairly Used Mack Trucks / I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! / Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.