Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap (46652 Views)

Why Are American Cars So Big / Nissan Cars / Just Nissan cars thread vin included in Ibadan 08088525399 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by salford1: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2019
platinumricky:
New generation nissans need almost BMW level of attention to be used as daily drivers - If u are not willing to bring out time to understand them, just stay away.
My wife's 2015 Nissan Rogue has been in use since 2015. We sure do not give it bmw kind of attention, and it's still going on strong. The car has been so good to us that we are thinking of upgrading it to a Nissan pathfinder or Nissan Armada.

Well maybe in Nigeria, it would need the bmw sort of attention.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by greggng: 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:
it is true . I have been wondering same for years. There is a Nigerian used Nissan Murano going for 500k right now and I was about to create a thread today to ask questions. I wanted to buy it for company use cos our works involve moving a lot but at the same time I was worried on same reason the op created this thread.

And my worry centered on whether the car will be giving me problems and lots of problem.

There is another murano going for 650k too.

But you will never see a Toyota of same year sell for less than 1,000,000

So, I will appreciate it if people can help us.

Thank God you have not bought already . The gear box of that car can buy another car. They always have issues. Don't waste yiur money no matter how cheap....you are buying trouble

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

may you live long to enjoy it
Amen,Thanks.....
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by royalair(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:
it is true . I have been wondering same for years. There is a Nigerian used Nissan Murano going for 500k right now and I was about to create a thread today to ask questions. I wanted to buy it for company use cos our works involve moving a lot but at the same time I was worried on same reason the op created this thread.

And my worry centered on whether the car will be giving me problems and lots of problem.

There is another murano going for 650k too.

But you will never see a Toyota of same year sell for less than 1,000,000

So, I will appreciate it if people can help us.
murano cars are useless take it from a die hard Nissan user

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by shadeyinka(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2019
femi4:
See this illiterate ....i don't roll with a folly
I hope you would State your own reasons.

WHAT?
1. The car thermostat is a mechanical mechanism that is connected to regulate the flow of water/coolant through the engine block from the radiator.
2. The thermostat usually has two STATES
a. Partially Open
b. Fully Opened.
3. When the car engine is COLD, the thermostat valve is Partially Opened to allow the Engine warm up quickly.
4. When the car engine block warms up to a pre-set temperature, the Thermostat Valve Opens FULLY and maximum cooling fluid is allowed to flow through the engine block.
WHY?
Without the Thermostat, the Engine might over-cool to freezing point. This is damaging to the engine.

Other than this, the engine operates better when relatively cool. Infact, the cooler the better(however not to low to affect engine efficiency: this us usually not a problem in our own kind of weather): as long as it doesn't go to freezing temperatures.

In Nigeria, the problem is usually overheating rather than overcoolinging due to the ambient temperature s.

This is the only reason why removing the thermostat in Nigeria wouldn't damage your engine. The only snag is that your cooling fan may work continuously.
id4sho:

ODE, you can be a consultant to Peugeot Nigeria, Stallion /Dana, Innoson ,Foton and host of others and advice them to stop installing thermostat in their vehicles.
CityNGR:

get attention sumwia else

And thanks for being educative
nurey:

A thermostat work is to allow passage of fluid from the radiator into the engine. Also regulating the amount of fluid passing through.

Now a thermostat removed causes only 1 major issue, engine will never get to working temperature hence your fuel economy would be affected.

now a faulty thermostat on the other hand which remained closed would cause overheating of engine due to blocking enough fluid flow.

let's just leave it at that because other unholy act (running fan direct, using water instead of coolant) etc can also cause cooling system breakdown.
@nurey
I am not encouraging removal of thermostat. I am only saying it causes no major performance issue with our kind of climate

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Ademoore07(m): 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2019
Ategberoson:

what about golf product bruh, like golf 2,3 and 4

Golf 4 is ok. Most Volkswagen products are prone to electrical problems. Although, fuel efficienct. Make sure they are not flooded rides by streaming for its details on Carfax with the chassis number
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Ategberoson(m): 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2019
Ademoore07:

Golf 4 is ok. Most Volkswagen products are prone to electrical problems. Although, fuel efficienct. Make sure they are not flooded rides by streaming for its details on Carfax with the chassis number

thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by dayleke: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

It's ignorance that causes it. Most tokunbo cars should go through maintenance when bought but we don't do it, then thermostat fails and instead of changing it, kazeem will just bypass the thing and be feeling like a god

Your head dey dia bro.
Exactly.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by hope4life: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2019
AgentGoat:

Where did you see the cheap Nissan cars?

I'm using Nissan primera. Its not cheap at all.Its cost,efficiency and durability is close to that of Toyota.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Crossbow(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2019
Pls gurus in the house, I am planning to buy a Kia Cerato (manual transmission) this year 2014 model, but someone just described Kia products as 'cartons'. This is going to be my first car and my budget is 2M. Pls are there any issues with this car? Can I get something else with that budget?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

I am sure. What do you want to talk about? please note I am not a car dealer or a mechanic neither am I interested in buying any car for now. But I am interested in a profitable business venture grin

K
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2019
shadeyinka:

I hope you would State your own reasons.

WHAT?
1. The car thermostat is a mechanical mechanism that is connected to regulate the flow of water/coolant through the engine block from the radiator.
2. The thermostat usually has two STATES
a. Partially Open
b. Fully Opened.
3. When the car engine is COLD, the thermostat valve is Partially Opened to allow the Engine warm up quickly.
4. When the car engine block warms up to a pre-set temperature, the Thermostat Valve Opens FULLY and maximum cooling fluid is allowed to flow through the engine block.
WHY?
Without the Thermostat, the Engine might over-cool to freezing point. This is damaging to the engine.

Other than this, the engine operates better when relatively cool. Infact, the cooler the better(however not to low to affect engine efficiency: this us usually not a problem in our own kind of weather): as long as it doesn't go to freezing temperatures.

In Nigeria, the problem is usually overheating rather than overcoolinging due to the ambient temperature s.

This is the only reason why removing the thermostat in Nigeria wouldn't damage your engine. The only snag is that your cooling fan may work continuously.

And thanks for being educative

@nurey
I am not encouraging removal of thermostat. I am only saying it causes no major performance issue with our kind of climate

I don't know what your term performance says but removal of thermostat causes increased wear and tear in engines.

causes reduced life span of engine oil lubricating function (sludge rather than lubrication)

though not a short time effect but a longtime one that depends majorly on engine build quality and engine mileage
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Essont(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2019
With all this said, why then should one buy a nissan. No wonder owners are looking for a way to dump them. What then can you say about a Madza, they serm next on the line of cheap cars. IMO.
nurey:

There are some certain Nissan years that have issues. You also have to note that Toyota is still top in reliability hence reason why it is expensive and holds its resale value.

but same can't be said for Nissan which is actually better and more rugged than Toyota in certain segment.

1. Nissan Murano. came purely with CVT transmission people didn't realize CVT is different from Automatic so the pour ATF fluid instead or CVT fluid hence the gear pack up in no time. Though the gear from factory too dey one kind due to the fact that Nissan is a pioneer of CVT transmission but as time went by they perfected it in later models.

2. Nissan Altima and maxima. the 2002 to 05 years of this Nissan too had CVT that's why it's damn cheap the gear too dey pack up with or without regular recommended maintenance. before those year and after those years were OK. Apart from transmission those year had some other minor factory design flaws.

3. Nissan quest 2005 to 2010 this one too has CVT that's the major fault has a known factory defect that was latter recalled. You can know the affect specimen by running a VIN check.

All other Nissan are good but are cheap due to the body, a lot of they just fall apart on heavy use especially when used in bad road, body starts falling like London bridge.

There are many Nissan that actually hold value as close to Toyota as it can be.

1. Nissan Xtrail very solid CUV and expensive as tokunbo and Naija used.

2. Nissan Sentry with the QD engine this one doesn't fall apart like it's close siblings I wonder why.

3. Nissan pathfinder. 2003 and 2004 especially, them cost like mad and they are indestructible (metaphor)

When buying a Nissan always check the body for rust and be weary of deformity if panel beater hit the boot for adjustment, front bumper go fall of, if he hit the door suspension go bend grin nah joke ooo
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by saintneo(m): 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

There are some certain Nissan years that have issues. You also have to note that Toyota is still top in reliability hence reason why it is expensive and holds its resale value.

but same can't be said for Nissan which is actually better and more rugged than Toyota in certain segment.

1. Nissan Murano. came purely with CVT transmission people didn't realize CVT is different from Automatic so the pour ATF fluid instead or CVT fluid hence the gear pack up in no time. Though the gear from factory too dey one kind due to the fact that Nissan is a pioneer of CVT transmission but as time went by they perfected it in later models.

2. Nissan Altima and maxima. the 2002 to 05 years of this Nissan too had CVT that's why it's damn cheap the gear too dey pack up with or without regular recommended maintenance. before those year and after those years were OK. Apart from transmission those year had some other minor factory design flaws.

3. Nissan quest 2005 to 2010 this one too has CVT that's the major fault has a known factory defect that was latter recalled. You can know the affect specimen by running a VIN check.

All other Nissan are good but are cheap due to the body, a lot of they just fall apart on heavy use especially when used in bad road, body starts falling like London bridge.

There are many Nissan that actually hold value as close to Toyota as it can be.

1. Nissan Xtrail very solid CUV and expensive as tokunbo and Naija used.

2. Nissan Sentry with the QD engine this one doesn't fall apart like it's close siblings I wonder why.

3. Nissan pathfinder. 2003 and 2004 especially, them cost like mad and they are indestructible (metaphor)

When buying a Nissan always check the body for rust and be weary of deformity if panel beater hit the boot for adjustment, front bumper go fall of, if he hit the door suspension go bend grin nah joke ooo

I like your knowledge depth.

I've had my eyes on Xterra recently and I've seen prices between 750k and 1.1M. Kindly give your opinion on Nissan Xterra.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Toseenlove: 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2019
CityNGR:

delete this post or deactivate your account immediately

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2019
saintneo:

I like your knowledge depth.

I've had my eyes on Xterra recently and I've seen prices between 750k and 1.1M. Kindly give your opinion on Nissan Xterra.

It's a reliable vehicle better to buy the 3.3L V6 for good performance and engine response. but be mindful it's an off road SUV so not good on gas. I would advice you buy the 2001-04 pathfinder with the 3.5L V6 more luxurious than the xterra and better road handling and better mpg than the xterra

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2019
Crossbow:
Pls gurus in the house, I am planning to buy a Kia Cerato (manual transmission) this year 2014 model, but someone just described Kia products as 'cartons'. This is going to be my first car and my budget is 2M. Pls are there any issues with this car? Can I get something else with that budget?

if Nigerian used still beat the price down. Also you may need to budget for new AC compressor. The compressor of the 12upwards kia and hyundai fail at around 100k km. Above all if engine is in top shape you will enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2019
Essont:
With all this said, why then should one buy a nissan. No wonder owners are looking for a way to dump them. What then can you say about a Madza, they serm next on the line of cheap cars. IMO.

Nissan/infiniti is by far stronger and durable in parts than a toyota/lexus. but there are certain Nissan with issues especially those of US origin. European Nissan are very strong.

some Toyota models too had issue like the US 2azfe engine, 2007 cary with gear problem, accelerator sticking in matrix and some other recall.

if you want to buy a car ensure you read the review and user experience before buying

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by deesquarediddy(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

It's a reliable vehicle better to buy the 3.3L V6 for good performance and engine response. but be mindful it's an off road SUV so not good on gas. I would advice you buy the 2001-04 pathfinder with the 3.5L V6 more luxurious than the xterra and better road handling and better mpg than the xterra

Respect sir... you sure have deep knowledge about Nissans
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2019
Because it is expensive to maintain.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Itulah(m): 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2019
moscobabs:

Bro I have been using my Nissan quest since 2014 although I don't always drive it since it enter nija I have not drove 2000 miles. The only problem I have with it is the fan which always faulty and cause overheating then the radiator is single ..pls is it advisable to change the radiator to double ? I just like the beauty of the car

Go buy double cell radiator and all your problem over.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by gidjah(m): 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2019
Bought my Nissan Max 2004,used it only for a day and voila...!!! It packed off.I left it at the mech garage since 2014 till date!!,I already used like 4cars since then sef.any one to buy it for 150k in the house abeg??Nissan products too get issues,that product can send one back to the village in a year, wiping off all his investment!!
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by CityNGR: 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2019
why do you want to burn your money?

Crossbow:

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by kingreign(m): 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

[s]Nissan/infiniti is by far stronger and durable in parts than a toyota/lexus. but there are certain Nissan with issues especially those of US origin. European Nissan are very strong.[/s]

some Toyota models too had issue like the US 2azfe engine, 2007 cary with gear problem, accelerator sticking in matrix and some other recall.

if you want to buy a car ensure you read the review and user experience before buying

This is hate speech.

Even Nissan/Infiniti won't assert to this claim. They know yota is the biggest thing in auto business that came out of Japan and they're the best, after them, Honda follows.

QED

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by ChristineC: 9:01pm On Feb 02, 2019
Crossbow:
that's the problem with people. Has the person who described Kia as carton used any Kia product before? If yes, how many?

Just look for an auto drive Hyundai Elantra or Sonata that fits your budget instead. You'd get better value for money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by ericuzor(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

can you please enlighten me more on pathfinder 2009..
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2019
ericuzor:
can you please enlighten me more on pathfinder 2009..

The 05 to 2010 pathfinder/frontier/xterra had the 4.0L V6 engine. The 05 to 07 was plagued by transmission failure due to a design flaw in the radiator (carlsonic). Most people using the 08 to 2010 never complained but to be on a safer side

1. you can either buy a new I mean brand new tear rubber radiator better if it's not the carlsonic and replace, that way you will have peace of mind for around 75000km or

2. Do a radiator bypass in which you will never have to worry till the vehicle is sold or rapture occurs.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2019
kingreign:

This is hate speech.

Even Nissan/Infiniti won't assert to this claim. They know yota is the biggest thing in auto business that came out of Japan and they're the best, after them, Honda follows.

QED

suspension parts Bro, not reliability. shocks, shafts, bushings etc.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Ebenezerk2: 9:26pm On Feb 02, 2019
fx 35 is not a Nissan car but infiniti
1StopRudeness:

Still depends on what u are comparing all car brands have their luxury and affordable brands...

Nissan has its 2004, 2005 fx 35 which is expensive than Toyota's big daddy, Honda eod, even Toyota's CUV rav4 and Honda's 2005 suv...
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by IghoCentric(m): 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2019
shadeyinka:

The thermostat is useful only in temperate countries. During winter, it allows frozen ice within the engine completely melt before water begins to circulate

In a place like Nigeria, it has no useful purpose.

U say..... without the themostat some cars will never go into closed loop.. staying in open loop means the ECU just pours fuel and more fuel cos it cant get set temperature parameters from the ECT to regulate its fuel input... more fuel means can cos sludge or black smoke from exhaust overtime... it also means ur engine wont work optimally or live as long... even cars made in africa for africans still ve thermostat... thermostat is not for region its for the engine no matter the region.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2019
Ghost1994:
Gear issues... murano... maxima n altima..

What Model Year are you talking about.

Secondly how many Nigerians actually take the time to understand their machines before use.

90 percent of Ngerians use the wrong kinds of oil in servicing their vehicles.

This is what my mechanic said..........so the dumy dumdums go ahead and do what their mechanic says without thinking that there is a manual and technical specs

Nissans gear system is quite different from the conventional automatic transmission. I dont remember what its called, CRT or something like that.
It first appeared on Nissans and they use special kind of oil different from the ATF oil. But how many Nigerians knew that.

How many Nigerians even know that just like engine oil, tranny oil comes in different strokes too

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fairly Used Mack Trucks / I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! / Shipping Container Falls On A Car In Apapa (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.