Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,163 members, 7,867,381 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

4dchairman's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4dchairman's Profile / 4dchairman's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 12 pages)

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 11:54am On Jul 15, 2014
Oando may buy oil reserves from majors

Carli Lourens
Published: 14 Jun, 2014

June 14 (Bloomberg) — Oando Plc, Nigeria’s largest retailer of petroleum products, said it is in talks to buy reserves holding as much as 4 billion barrels of oil-equivalent resources from some of the world’s largest energy companies.

Oando may acquire between 1 billion and 4 billion barrels of oil resources for a “ballpark value” of $2 billion, Chief Executive Officer Wale Tinubu told reporters in Johannesburg today. A transaction may be completed this year, he added.

The Lagos-based company is in talks with oil majors operating in Nigeria, which include Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Chevron Corp. and Eni SpA’s Agip Ltd., he said. Lagos-based Oando sells one in every five liters of petroleum products in Nigeria, according to its website.

Nigerian lawmakers are drafting a new petroleum-industry bill that Oando expects will force large oil companies to sell several billion barrels of oil reserves they don’t use. Nigeria will pass the new bill by August, Petroleum Minister Diezani Allison-Madueke said on May 27. Nigeria earns more than 80 percent of its government revenue from the sale of crude.

Oando, listed on exchanges in Nigeria and South Africa, said in April it plans to raise $500 million in a share sale and list its stock in London to fund expansion. Tinubu declined to comment on the listing, citing the pending application.

The company may sell a minority stake in its fuel-retailing unit by offering shares on the Nigerian exchange by the end of September, Tinubu said. The spinoff would allow the company to increase its focus on production, which is more profitable, he added. The market capitalization of the unit could be at least $500 million.

–Editors: Emily Bowers, Heather Langan.

3 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2014
I'm back after days of being banned by the Antispam, na wao, God will deliver us from evilspirit,shigidi,blackmonday,stockcrash and all other manifestation of poverty in the land. Your time and my time of prosperity has come. Forget fundamentals and due diligence , God says I'm the one that give you power to get wealth,there is a cover for you under the wings of Transcorp and Oando. For you to know that they are favored, oando is defying the law of demand and supply ,I want you to say hallelujah .
Abeg,consult far and wide before making your choice,has for me,I don buy one way ticket to the land of prosperity via desert,is either I make it or not ,all my portfolio is in those two stocks.

5 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
Oando might be set for a late rally. Likewise the demand for Transcorp surpass the demand. Will these reelect in there closing prices?
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
nitrogen: ............

Thank God nobody saw it....don't know whether it is a public info yet. #Oando
Nitrogen u no go kill us,wetin happen? Den don close the deal.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2014
nitrogen:

I think it is July 14th, 2014.
Sorry for the wrong information,it wasn't deliberate.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 11:36am On Jul 11, 2014
Born2beRich1:

do one have to log in to bloomberg to view such info
That's what I have on Bloomberg app on ipad,hope you can see next earning annoucement date. Cheers.

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2014
Dragonking:

pls can u post the link to the source as i couldnt find it..
Bloomberg app on ipad,go to Transcorp homepage ,click on key statisticss,you'll see next earning annoucement. The Bloomberg app on android is not that comprehensive and I've not tried on PC.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2014
From the graphical analysis of the following stocks Glaxo,FO ,Oando,Gtb,Nestle and NSEAINDEX the theory of foreigners propping up our stock and dumping it does not hold.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2014
securi:

Summary, do we start to sell Transcorp or wait? If we are waiting when is the ideal exit point?
Do you know that on a good stock you make money on the bull or bear run,if Transcorp falls today, it is a window of opportunity to buy more stocks at cheap price,I've bought Transcorp at 3.50,3.80,4.80,5.20,5.90 and 5.92.so I can say that for a company with prospects like Transcorp (oil exploration,power distribution and generation) the sky is the limit. I missed the opportunity of entering FO @ 96 naira because I don't buy stocks above 20 naira, this time around I wouldn't miss the Transcorp bus, the fundamentals are superb but above all market sentiments favours them( you can't place a figure on sentiments).
Finally,FO didn't reached the present level on big volume trading (Infact the monthly trading figure is 300k+),they reached the current level by their investors keeping their stocks.lets start valuing our stake in some companies,I can't get a license to prospect oil but I can buy stakes in oando and seplat that prospects oil.

6 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2014
So what is new? Foreign Equity Portfolio Participation is 62.89%

http://www.proshareng.com/news/Unlisted%20Stock
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2014
austinibe7777: myjoy08 and 4dchairman thanks for the advise. please do you have an idea when we should be expecting TRANSCORP Q2 2014 RESULT?
August 14th,2014 . Source: Bloomberg.com

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
austinibe7777:

Hello myjoy08, thanks for the good work you are doing here. I just got another cash today, between Oando or Transcorp which one should I load more tomorrow? thanks in advance
I bought both today @ 28 and 5.90. But a note of caution,I entered transcorp @ 3.78 targeting holding average price of 5 naira and ROI of 100%,so considering my average portfolio price of 4.80 there still room to maneuver northward or southward .#teamtranscorpoando.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
natruetalk:

so u be their staff abi u be morgan ceo
I don dey suspect Yem 0350,it seems his relationship with morgan pass that of customer' " to our office..." Na dem dem.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
Lafarge plans liquidity-boosting IPO

July 10 (Lagos) - Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria plc, which yesterday got shareholders’ approval to consolidate its Nigeria and South Africa businesses, is considering raising additional equity through a public offer.

Consequent to the issuance of new shares by Lafarge Cement WAPCO as a result of the transaction, the company will be seeking to list the newly-issued shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. In view of the transaction and in order to accommodate the new shares in the company that were proposed to be issued through the public offer, the company got shareholders’ approval to increase its authorized share capital from N2.286 billion to N5 billion by creating additional 5,426,133,328 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each, ranking the same in all respects with the existing ordinary shares of the company.

The IPO will happen in between the controversy over proper cement grade to be used for construction in Nigeria. The House of Representatives have faulted SON's decision to increase th grade in a hasty fashion and this could be a consolation to Lafarge's viewpoint on the subject.

Shares of WAPCO are rated as a 'Buy" at Vetiva Capital Management Limited in Victoria Island Lagos.

reporting for easykobo.com on Thursday, July 10 2014 from Lagos, Nigeria
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
Elai147:

Open trading account first and den u go understand grin. A non customer will never experience bad customer service.
Make dem open account first,when you call them they will not confirm your identity ,response will always be "the person to attend to you is not on seat" during trading hours ( stock trading is my hubby but during the hours of 10:15-14:30 I'm always on seat) and to add salt to injury, they will promise to get back to you (that one na final discharge). But the awooof fee and real time trading na in make me stay.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dragonking:

How long did it take u to open with morgan capital. i want to open with them too
Hours if you have a printer and scanner in the house/office. Mine was less than 4 hours.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
Chibuking81: I use my phone to do online trading with CSL STOCKBROKERS, but I can not use my phone to log in to Morgan online trade, when ever I login through google or their web, after filling my user name and password, I can not be able to click the login icon. I spend money on daily bases visiting business centre, pls any advice?
The itrade has system requirements:
1.2System Requirements
A computer with sufficient resources to run a modern Web browser is all that is required.
The following browsers and plug-ins are supported:
Mozilla Firefox 3.x or higher
Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
Acrobat Reader (the Acrobat Reader plug-in is required to view and print reports in PDF format)
Source -Morgan capital website.
So don't bother to use it on phone,it barely work on iPad.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Elai147:

Meristem is not ready to reduce their brokerage fees at all. By the time you add other fees to their 1.35%, the total fee on a single transaction (buy or sell) does not look too good. Anyone that is not comfortable with their transaction fee should port. Morgan's 0.25% makes a lot of sense. The only major problem I think they have is with their customer service which can definitely be improved. As for me, I do not have any problem with broker's transaction fees. All I need from a broker is reliability.
Absolutely right, the vision behind Morgan platform is designed with the intention that it wouldn't involve any customer agent ,but the problem is occasional ICT glitch that make a mess of the whole thing ,they should realise they need agents to assure customer when things are down. Paga(online payment platform) will always send mails out when the system is down and when restored,Morgan can take a cue from there.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
uboma:

Must you always show yourself dude?
His Highness, king Dexterax must show face, but Bros Uboma you are winning,at least u don dey chop Trancorp money.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
kotlass:

I just supplied my Transcorp. I don tire. grin
Im still buying
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
#teamtranscorpoando, Transcorp currently trading @ 5.93 with demand surpassing supply, Oando currently @ 28.03 no supply on the floor.

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
passwelle: @4dchairman: Thank you!

@all: Seems Morgan itrade is back online now.
Thanks ,but prices have gone up.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
passwelle: @4dchairman: Thank you!

@all: Seems Morgan itrade is back online now.
Thanks but prices are up already .
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
myjoy08:

Morgan itrade platform is working now...
Thanks .
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
passwelle:
Pls can you rate Meristem and Morgan on a scale of 10? Since you have accounts with both companies, it may help the "undecided"
Meristem rating : [customer service :8. Information technology :3,fees:5,future prospect:7,real time ability-5]total rating-5.6. Morgan capital-[customer service-3,information technology-6,future prospect-6,real time ability-7,fees-9] total rating-6.2. Unfortunately Morgan capital got the highest rating because of fees and real time online trading, but I have serious reservation about their future prospects, the guys in the customer service are just way off and I'm likely to miss trading today.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
bigass: Is anybody having issues with morgan capital itrade?
Same thing here,not working on my two networks. That's why I can't close my account with meristem.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2014
feelamong:

I expect OANDO to go on bid today! grin
Kindly interpret the implication of the news(in relation to the movement of the share).
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
angelinvestor: I was here when the market was bleeding and everyone was crying, and i am still here watching the cheerleaders singing the praise of there stocks............. I don't stalk the forum for investment recommendation or buy/sell tips, I just have fun watching people react emotionally to the market movement..........
N.B: I don't buy stocks when the euphoria is high,.......I buy when nobody is talking or giving a hoot about the stock, and i buy based on purpose and plan. For the records, i bought Oando when everyone was running away on 24/09/2013 at an average price of 10.20. (ValueInvesting) (CashflowInvestor) (Pa Ewumi)
Sir, I appreciate your position. At the close of trading,there is always intense happiness on the floor of the exchange for traders(no matter the movement, stockbrokers will always make money),I also celebrate,but the reality is that I'm not a stockbroker,when I come home madam will ask 'how is market",I have to report on the two markets(stockmarket and our family business) I feel bad on the bad state of either of the two,so without mincing words my goal is to play a winning game and make substantial return on investmemt no matter the name it is called-value investing,jumping in and out of a bus,cashflow investor,short selling,day trading ,stay inside bus till it pack up-just make money.Stock is about tactics,I Sold out before the 2008 crash to start a business,the business sustained throughout the down turn and is still there.INVESTING is about winning.

3 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
bigass:

whats this stock A
OANDO,B TRANSCORP.Not a buy recommendation. Do your due diligence,stock trading is my hubby,the outcome of the picks will not add much(holiday abroad with me and my missus,I'm joking)

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
angelinvestor: You are not alone bro.............We plenty wey dey silently stalk the forum. #PerceptionAnalysisTins

''I stalk dem tire'' till I started thinking like a pro,just learn to discern beyond the noise in the market.what I learnt in the forum in 3 months surpass my PGD in banking and finance.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
bigass: Bnstl. Make una dey tell us where una make loss too. I exited dangsugar after a loss of 20%
The way I structured my portfolio was based on risk aversion,ideal for managing mutual funds,it was a slow steady growth(1% growth in a week no matter what the market is saying) but one faithfull night I just got a divine revealation of restructuring the portfolio,I disinvested from the crawling stocks and started buying the moving ones without a loss.Today 50% of my portfolio is in stock A ,25% in stock B,the remaing %age in 4 other stocks. Avoidance of loss limits the ability to make substantial gain in the long term.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 12 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.