Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,858 members, 7,838,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

4kings's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4kings's Profile / 4kings's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 97 pages)

Career / Re: Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked by 4kings: 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2018
wristbangle:
Ladies and gentlemen, I want you guys to verify the day the mentioned monikers who opposed glo sacking female staffs registered their account. I suspect those monikers (account) could be a member of the organisation HR dept. Something is not adding up.
That's what i just observed.
The OP/commenters are probably working for GLO.
Or this might be a rare coincidence

Na wa ooo.
What kind of issue is this?

angry angry angry angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 10:32am On Feb 28, 2018
OkaiCorne:

I asked the following questions...

1) You mentioned documentaries are only records of events...and I asked if these events are accurate and valid?

2) Everything that is valid and accurate are recorded only in science journals?

You can attest to the fact that this is not just a record of events which sounds more like a proper definition for History rather than documentary.
Documentaries are records of events, that's all.
I've watched documentaries on the paranormal, witchcraft and a host of others.
Can you please open your dictionary for the meaning of documentary. Here is a better definition from google: "using pictures or interviews with people involved in real events to provide a factual report on a particular subject." c'est fini.

This documentary demonstrates the investigative skills and inquisitive mindset of the explorer(s) in question in addition to the DNA forensic analysis perform by scientist(s).

But now you have shifted the goal post to whether this has been recorded in science journals without giving a thought to the competence of the scientists in question nor the investigative skills and painstaking details and processes undertaken by the explorer. This was published on a neutral globally accepted platform i.e. National Geographic... and not a religious blog...
My guy there are also superceded scientific theories.
For example; Newtonian gravity was well detailed and widely accepted at the time but later proven false.
This your research has not gotten to the stage of wide acceptance sef.

By the way, you asked for the time stamp showing the details of the Scientist who performed the DNA test. It is quite upsetting engaging myself in a discussion with someone who did not go through the documentary in the first place. It feels like a complete waste of my time.

You know you could have just given me the timestamp or state clearly the claim and we wouldn't be on this still.
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 9:41am On Feb 28, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Going by your logic, documentary are only records of events right? The next question to ask is if these events are accurate and valid.

Going by your logic again...these things are only accurate and valid if they are published in a scientific journal(s).

Empirical testing gives validation for scientific research.

Even Einstein had to prove his gravitational theory and treid testing it for years(waiting for eclipse) in order to validate his theory.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 4kings: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2018
danvon:
Signing Off Mad Man
Lol grin grin grin
Think harder next time. tongue

1 Like

Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2018
OkaiCorne:

I will appeal to you again, please watch the documentary. The answers to your questions are in there. It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

Let me put a caption of the documentary from National Geographic again for everyone to see;

The Blood of Christ

Trace the blood stained Shroud of Oviedo to Israel in a quest to determine whether it holds Christ's DNA, and in a most chilling discovery, finds that it contains no evidence of a father's DNA.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/videos/the-blood-of-christ/
Okay, atleast can you tell me the timestamp were it was recorded in the documentary proving the link between "Jesus" and what they found, because i can't remember anything like that.

I find it very sad and appalling that atheists would rely on documentaries that talks of evolution and all other sorts of scientific stuffs BUT would debunk documentaries of this nature to feed their bias and double standards...
Nope, scientific research and findings are documented on research papers for the public to read.
I'm into data science and machine learning and most of the stuff i've learnt are from research papers not documentary.
A documentary or blog would give you an insight or abstract overview of what the topic is but you have to get a lecture, textbook or research paper to understand technical details.

Besides documentary is just a record of event, nothing more.
There are so many documenataries on wide varieties of beliefs and culture, that does not validate the subject but provide a fair understanding of the subject, that's all.

When the documentary talks about the non-existence of God...it becomes solid evidence for atheists BUT now it is talking about the existence of a divine figure...it is just a " mere documentary" .
Digest what i said above.

Bros, we both know you are intelligent enough to understand what was shown in that documentary. As for the Scientist(s) who did the DNA test, you don't need to go too far...check out the name of the one that was interviewed, check up his background and credentials and prove to us he did a shoddy job on the DNA test. Perhaps you are more intelligent and qualified than he is...who knows?

Thank you.
Acceptance of scientific theories and findings go a long way.
I told you of how a christian scientist claims the shroud was actually dated back to jesus existence and was rejected by most of the scientific community because of tests carried out already and scrutiny of the research.
The level of acceptance of this research goes a long way in proving your claim... Even at that the basis of the research "Jesus" is not well defined.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 4kings: 9:16am On Feb 28, 2018
danvon:
If I may ask can you explain with evolution theory how water was created?
this isn't direct? you lack comprehension problems

What do you think evolution is?
Isn't evolution within the purview of science?
Hydrogen and Oxygen is required for water formation, that's as direct as it can be. Simple.
You can also test the formation of water yourself, just go to any school or lab with good facility and see how it "evolves". grin
Business / Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by 4kings: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2018
Tinocosta17:

For your mind abi ??
Well not literally buy.
But the point is Dangote is richer than Trump.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 4kings: 9:01am On Feb 28, 2018
danvon:

According to evolution life began with some unicellular organisms in the sea which evolved to fish now where did water come from (just enough water to support life?)
I have told you what my biology teacher told me about water in secondary school. grin
That's how water is formed.
Your problem is that you can't put your question in the right words. SMH.

you really think I like arguing about some dumb theory with so much modifications, you quoted me
You did not even understand that simple paragraph(having no complex scientific explanations), why should i consider your view of the theory in general.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 4kings: 8:44am On Feb 28, 2018
danvon:
I bet you just checked Google for that answer I'm referrin to how it came on earth for evolution because in case you don't know, water isn't found on most planets, especially in large quantities.
you make it sound so simple
I googled H2O ?
You asked for the evolution of water though.

Now it's how water came to earth. How does this question even make sense?

Are there oxygen in most planets?

Back to the post; If I were to conclude, the Author completely diverted from the question he's simply trying to say not all apes evolved some just evolved that post is too stupid, if you understand what he's talking about give me your response
Seriously how did you get this explanation from that post.
In shut, i give up.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 4kings: 8:13am On Feb 28, 2018
danvon:
To be honest I didn't understand what you posted and I'm sure you didn't understand it too that's, evolution-confusion please just answer what I asked in a simple sentence
You don't understand it. - Okay.
What makes you imply that i don't. undecided
I don't see anything confusing about that paragraph, you just need to understand grammar to get what the passage is saying.

Besides in simple term, Water forms by chemical fusion of Hydrogen and Oxygen --> H2O.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 4kings: 8:01am On Feb 28, 2018
danvon:
I thought you wanted to take his position for him
With this, I think my goal has been achived. smiley
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 4kings: 7:57am On Feb 28, 2018
danvon:
If I may ask can you explain with evolution theory how water was created?
I quoted you only to address your misunderstanding of the link hopefullandlord gave you.
Religion / Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 4kings: 7:49am On Feb 28, 2018
danvon:
I read it a second time "Thinking that a species evolves in order to survive is to put the cart before the horse." Why else do species evolve? Isn't that what natural selection is all about?
This is the full paragraph:

Thinking that a species evolves in order to survive is to put the cart before the horse. Genetic mutations happen all the time, without fanfare and often without any measurable change in the organism's lifestyle. In general, the mutations most likely to be passed to future generations are those that prove useful to either individual or species survival.

Digest that.
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Look bros...this thing is as easy as ABC... National Geographic shows you a scientist who performed a test on a fabric which you wrongly identified as the shroud of turin...and I brought this to your notice...

Now you are shifting your game of denial to the basis on which the DNA test was done? Why not perform your research further to know how the Scientist went about the DNA test now that I have given you a pointer? Or are you insinuating the scientist interviewed is a quack or what?

I wonder why I am having this discussion with someone who hurriedly concluded the fabric tested was the shroud of Turin...

I have provided you with research work done by a reputable scientist...the burden of proof is on you to prove the Scientist wrong instead of asking me all sorts of JAMB questions...

Cheers...and I'm expecting your next response would be devoid of insults. Thanks
The documentary does not give a proper scientific insight on the research because it's just a documentary.
Scientific details is what i need for this.
I actually searched and didn't find, this is a novel research and a journal should've been published for review not vague descriptions on blogs and documentaries.

OkaiCorne:

Your second question tells me you haven't been listening to me all this while...

The results of the DNA test revealed that there was no chromosome showing the person in question had an earthly father origin...thus pointing to the divinity of Jesus.

Please and please, watch the documentary again, you won't be asking me these questions if you have watched and understood what was shown in there...
How does the result of the DNA link to Jesus?
That's the simple question. Does the documentary answer this?
Programming / Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by 4kings: 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
Desyner:
i have gone through your reply. I found that tf-idf concept too detailed for my task initially but after this reply I have to go research it further. The method I adapted gave almost 100% result when the keywords or important tokens weren't changing. I hope the tf-idf approach solves the challenge of interpreting synonyms in their context correctly.
If you're dealing with comparing two documents like two news articles.
Then the importance similarities is not really high. Because if tf-idf is based on words and a news articles about "Israel and trump" would have similar words that tf-idf can use to rank similarities.
However for a better result consider applying stemming and stopwords to reduce noise.

But i just realised you were talking about document titles, well if that's the case you can use word embeddings to vectorize words to find meaning, however the approach towards word embeddings would tend to classify only contextual words and not in an antonyms-synoynms structure like "hot" and "cold" would have the same vector point.

Python has NLTK, TextBlob and Spacy which are NLP packages and they can be used easily to connect to wordnet to find words similarity, so i'm sure java would have similar packages or better still write one that connects to wordnet yourself.
This approach might not be effective because it will require making http requests on every word and you might not be able to afford to store all words and synonyms somewhere.

So if you are finding similarities in general plain text then that's difficult, word embeddings is the best choice i can think of right now and you could get already trained model online for your task but i doubt it will perform well for just general plain text unless your task is singular domain related then you can train the word embedding yourself.

The best way to approach this is to analyse the document itself and not just the title, with tf-idf to get a good result.
Programming / Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by 4kings: 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
The Data Science Nigeria Challenge is over and i didn't have time to participate(thought it will be my first kaggle challenge). embarassed embarassed embarassed
Anyways checked their website for the upcoming one.

Na wa ooo, the last post was febuary 18 and not even from an old member of the group.
Seems this is a busy period for everyone.
Religion / Re: Almighty God Don't Write Books, Humans Do by 4kings: 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
OtemAtum:
Unfortunately Oaroloye isn't posting his long sermons anymore
Maybe he has seen a different "light". grin
Oaroloye watsup? smiley
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2018
OkaiCorne:

You asked a "smart" question on the basis of the DNA test...when a simple google search could answer your questions on answers you still expect me to spoon feed you on...

Now be kind to go and argue with the Scientists that carried out the DNA test per the documentary.

Go ahead and prove him wrong since you're more intelligent than he is...because you think he is so incompetent not to factor in the possibility of decay before arriving at his conclusions...

Quite a disappointing comeback from you I must say...

Just a simple research on Archaeogenetics in the Near East would have given you answers to your questions...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeogenetics_of_the_Near_East

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews
Guy, are you okay?

Now you wanna talk science, before even explaining the basis of how this research came about.

Well let me make it easy for you, in science especially when the research or theory is Novel, there is always a documentation published to scientific journals like Elsevier, IEEE, ResearchGate and so on, for reviews amongst other experts related to the published fields.

Their reviews determine initially whether the research paper is worth publishing by the Journals, and then they will be further tests after that for further empirical study.
This is usually called Peer Review.

I'm not talking about google scholars ooo, but the likes of those Journals above, this has been done sine Newton's time.

1) Now before i talk science with you; do get me the peer reviewed article of this outstanding research and the reviewers' comments.

When you're done(which would most likely lead in futility), consider like i said before the basis of this research.

The sudarium of oviedo and shroud of turin is attested by the Catholics to have come from the same person based on their tests, this same shroud was tested by 3 different set of scientists decades ago and they confirmed the date of the shroud to be around 14th century which was actually when people discovered this shroud and not 2000 years ago.

2) So even if this testing is somewhat close to being validated, on what basis does it link to Jesus?

If you can't answer the 2 questions appropriately then don't bother mentioning me.
And how does the links you posted help your points, did you read them or just read the title only? undecided Na wa oo.
Programming / Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by 4kings: 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
Desyner:
@4kings & softEng, I read pages 1 & 7(this page) and am impressed by efforts here.
I happen to apply ML some weeks back without even realizing what I was applying was ML. I used OpenNLP (Java) cos Standford NLP guides weren't showing up in my searches as expected.

I like to know what's the best approach to help read meaning into two document title and determine they are addressing same topic or subject?

My Effort:
I tokenized and POS tagged the sentences then tried comparing the key words nouns (NN, NNP, NNS etc) but the key words sometimes change examples are IGP/IG, Buhari/The President, NFF/Football Federation.
Hey, did you read about the tf-idf(term frequency-inverse document frequency) i told you about in the other thread were you first raised this issue?
If you did, you would have solved your problem by now.

POS tagging may find similarity in sentence structure; for example; "'Buhari is the best president Nigeria ever had'" and "Trump is the best player China never had" would give the same part-of-speech structure but there aren't similar.
Well, pos tagging can only go far, but not far enough.

The purpose of TF-IDF is just to represent words as numbers(or vectorisation) for easy computation. From the name you would know this works by getting frequecny of words(normalized though) * total number of times words appear in a document(well this explanation is just me making it easy wink ).

This link should explain it simply for you and the code is written in java; It's been long i wrote Java code, but tf-idf should be easy to implement yourself once you understand it and i just skim through that link but i think it's explained simply enough.

After getting tf-idf of words in document, we can find similarity between two documents by computing the similarity between the two values(note that this values are represented as vectors for example 1,2,3 can be represented as (0,1), (0,2), (0,3) and (0,4))

And from mathematics we can find similarities between points in a graph or vector space with varieties of formulas including Euclidean distance, mahattan distance, jaccard similarity, cosine similarity and so on.

The best algorithm for this kind of situation is cosine similarity. I don't want to go into mathematical details of why it is, if you are an engineering student then it will be obvious why cosine similarity works best for one dimensional data(sparse vectors), if you are not, don't worry just memorise the formula for now, till you go deeper in machine learning.

I don't know how to write mathematical formulas well on a webpage last time i explained something similar to someone i used image and python code to explain, but seems the image is not showing again.

The image below shows the formula for cosine similarity.
Note that the tf-idf value you get for two documents represent A and B.

So the lower the value you get from calculating the similarity implies how dissimilar the documents are and vice-versa.
Just put a threshold value of say 0.6 to be comfortable or test for cross validation.

However, the link i gave also computes cosine similarity.

Religion / Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2018
kingmarv:
Why can't some people understand by common sense that it is simply evil to be unforgiving.
Just like Yahweh right?
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
OkaiCorne:

For your info...I ain't Jehovah witness...since you can't focus on the topic and talk about me instead.

How many basis are there for DNA test? Please enlighten me.
What sort of ret*rded question is that?
Little understanding of decay would save us stress.
Besides the assertion of no father's dna was not well explained at all. Nonsense talk.

I just logged on to NL after a busy week and i don't think i'm ready to deal with this now.

1 Like

Programming / Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by 4kings: 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
SoftEng:

I understand.
However, all the requirements are necessary.
Maybe some other time.

Thanks for your interest.
Have you started already?
I'm done with all my major works and meetings/travels?

Can't foresee any other job or meeting that will take out much time like it did in the past two weeks. That's if you've not gone ahead already.
Programming / Re: Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group by 4kings: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
SoftEng:

I don't think this job is genuine. I should have commented about it earlier. I'm sorry.

This advert is old. I think it earlier appeared in March 2017 (see link below). Apart from being old it may also be fake. A company willing to pay 300-400k for a fresh graduate coder (which is a bit high) should at least have a professional email for application or an application system.

Thanks for sharing 4kings. It shows you have good interest at heart for the group member here.

To all,
Moving ahead, try to validate job adverts before sharing.

Thanks.

Earlier link for the job post
https://www.nairaland.com/3707935/vacancy
Na wa for naija scammers.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Read up on Edgar Cayce...you'll know better...

Unless you want me to give you links that Google can equally give you...
Mr. Man i've read on a lot of historical figures including Cayce.
What's the striking thing you wanna add, are you Jehovah's witness?

OkaiCorne:

The link was on the shroud of Turin...and the documentary has nothing to do with the shroud of Turin... So what's your point again?
What was the basis of the DNA research?
Programming / Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by 4kings: 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
nowpresence:
Good evening
I am having trouble installing ggplot2 in r language.
my version is 3.42
please any help
What error did you encounter or better still how did you try to install the package?
Programming / Re: Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language by 4kings: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
Desyner:
Welldone pal, I was looking for insight on how to detect similarity between two texts and was wondering if you knew any approach for that.
What I want is a way to implement the "related post" feature whereby the page or news item being viewed displays other page link or news link passing the same message of the current page.
Interesting.
Use summarization or keywords extraction algorithms like the popular TF-IDF or any other keywords extraction approach like TextRank, Rake and others.
Then compare them based on the rankings generated.
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Yes, what made you arrive at that conclusion?
Do you believe Edgar could communicate with gods and the supernatural for his powers?
Or that an angel appeared to him when he was young?

Or is he one of God sent to you christians ni?
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Have you gone through the documentary on the DNA test part?
I asked you a simple question.
The first link i gave you debunked the documentary.
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
OkaiCorne:

And what makes them ridiculous? Any sources or evidence for your position on this matter?
evidence that their beliefs were ridiculous?
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2018
OkaiCorne:

smh...
You still don't get it.
What was the basis of that research, on what was it done?
You're funny though.
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2018
Sarassin:

We have it on the authority of the Mishnah that collection of the half-shekel was certainly done, by a body of temple-treasurers (gebarim), the same who had the custody of the money owned by the national sanctuary or deposited there for safety and for the purposes of the sacrificial plate, vestments and of the supplies of corn, wine and oil, for ritual purposes. The treasurer was even mentioned by Josephus in Antiquities in conjunction with the high priest, who it seems was the head of these temple-financiers. After the destruction of the temple the Romans continued to levy the old Jewish tribute for the temple as a state-tax from every grown-up Jew for the benefit of the Capitoline Jupiter's treasury.
I don't still see the connection here.

Suetonius records that every Jew whether practising or not had to pay the tax, adult Jewish men who tried to avoid the tax by claiming they were not Jewish were compelled to pull down their pants or whatever in order that Roman soldiers could check whether they were circumcised or not. The tax was burdensome onerous and degrading.
Okay, this still doesn't buttress your point.

Early converts to Christianity were made to pay a "stater" out of the money collected in this manner one half was the "pence of Christ" from which the tax will be paid for the poor, who could not find the sum for themselves, the other half was the "pence of Peter" from which the unpaid clergy would pay their own tribute.
There's no relationship with your assertion of what that passage was talking about.

Anyways, you still haven't answered my question though.
What miracles were real or not and what are your reasons for believing Jesus existed.
Religion / Re: Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed by 4kings: 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
wane01:

hello ave been searching for your number every where to no avail ...
I have a job preposition please mail me or gimme ur no ASAP
Hmmm. Sent you a pm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 97 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.