Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

How To Spot A Playa - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Spot A Playa (3253 Views)

How To Spot A Womanizer In A Banking Hall / 10 Ways To Spot A Prostitute In Your Locality / 5 Type Of Girls That Guys Should Avoid +Picture (Playa Guide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Playa by Hugoboi(m): 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2007
The 'playas' club operates much like a franchise and its male members [there are female playas too] come from all wlks of life,and from all ova d globe.There's d Married Playa [who like to frequent the singles-only clubs],the Churchy playa [who picks his victims from the holy spot],the Eligible Bachelor [who lures marriage minded women with the fantasy of settling down but neva does] and the Gigolo[who exchanges love for loot].The list is endless.The question here is how u identify a down and dirty playa in d real sense of the word.Pls only constructive posts!!
Re: How To Spot A Playa by alabiyemmy(m): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2007
The real playa is he/she who does it without getting spotted, if you spot a playa, then he is new in the business.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Hugoboi(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2007
Right on.But how do u identify one.>>Sure there must be some red flags pointin one out as a potential "playa"
Re: How To Spot A Playa by mukina2: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2007
they are the ones who call every women with stupid endearments
honey,darling,sweetie,babe,darling ,

when they get the atteniton of ladies by callin them these names they start acting like a prefect gentleman grin
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Hugoboi(m): 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2007
@ Muki

Nice guys wit perfecly honest intentions do that all d time!!
Re: How To Spot A Playa by alabiyemmy(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2007
A playa will play you to the altar with you not knowing - that is what I call a pro playa - if you find him out, then he is no more a playa.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by ikamefa(f): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2007
@ topic there is no sure fire way of spotting a playa! some of 'em are real pros

my suggestion is if you are in a relationship or something, for a change act crazy sometimes, go against your normal behaivour for some time see how he reacts cheesy
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Seun(m): 5:09am On Apr 22, 2007
go against your normal behavior for some time see how he reacts
If you act crazy for no justifiable reason, your boyfriend has every right to respond in a crazy manner. Be sensible.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by mukina2: 10:18am On Apr 22, 2007
Hugoboi:

@ Muki

Nice guys wit perfecly honest intentions do that all d time!!

yeah!
but 99% of them are playas

nice guys is dere anything like that? undecided grin
Re: How To Spot A Playa by ikamefa(f): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2007
Seun:

If you act crazy for no justifiable reason, your boyfriend has every right to respond in a crazy manner. Be sensible.

what is not making sense here! his reaction to how you act will tell it all abi?
Re: How To Spot A Playa by sisimose(f): 3:37am On Apr 23, 2007
alabiyemmy:

A playa will play you to the altar with you not knowing - that is what I call a pro playa - if you find him out, then he is no more a playa.

true ! spoken like a true don tongue(listen i no find the number again oh contact me)
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Hugoboi(m): 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2007
my suggestion is if you are in a relationship or something, for a change act crazy sometimes, go against your normal behaivour for some time see how he reacts

A true playa might just act like nothing happened till he gets the "booty" of gets enuff of it.Then he throws ur a** out.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by McDoe(m): 9:28am On Apr 25, 2007
There is no sure way to identify a 'playa' just as there is no act to find the mind's construction on the face. Just be as wise as the serpent.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Bolarge(m): 10:04am On Apr 25, 2007
What is all this *&%*%#@$ everybody's sayin that real playas can't be found out?
Where's d playa from? Neptune?
I must say a girl must score like -20 in the IQ department not to be able to spot a playa.Please don't get me wrong,for d very good ones it may take a girl some time but eventually every playa is discovered.Period.
 How does he stop his phone from ringing when the other chicks call?
 When he starts talking in monosyllables on the phone eg."yes","I know","maybe","call u back" when u've always known him as an extra smooth talker.
 How's he going to hide the other chick when she's sitting right next to him in his car when he's meant to be out of town?
Da list is endless.

Y'see d playa's major enemy is time.He has just 24hrs.Now a typical girl wants 26hrs of his time all to herself.shocked
By the time d guy's tryin to run like 6 chicks simultaneously Yawa must gas along the line.The only thing is when yawa gases with one chick a typical playa just goes on to another.Babes too full ground.cool

If majority of girls weren't so stupidly blind, they call it love playas wldn't go so far.

My 2 kobo.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by McDoe(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2007
Bolarge, remember that there are different types of playas as elucidated in the post. Therefore their mondus operandi must be different too, or don't you think so. I believe that you can be a playa without being noticed.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Bolarge(m): 11:01am On Apr 25, 2007
McDoe:

Bolarge, remember that there are different types of playas as elucidated in the post. Therefore their mondus operandi must be different too, or don't you think so. I believe that you can be a playa without being noticed.

The issue is not 'bout the playa (whatever breed he's of) not being noticed. .it's inevitable.
The issue is the so-called playa believin he's not noticed simply because the girl pretends not to.
Many a girl sticks with 'em hoping against hope that she will be the one to win his heart n'make him settle down.
If that ain't dumb I wonder what is.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by IBBFan(m): 11:11am On Apr 25, 2007
should we really blame a playa for his jersey number? i'll put it on the game. and these ladies don't want to hear the truth, hence, the lust at first sight, love after they get bleeped and to-die-for after they get dumped.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by georgies(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2007
Don`t hate the player
Hate the game
The player can only play
by virtue of position.
Play him out and you will identify a real player.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Hugoboi(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ georgies

well said!!
Re: How To Spot A Playa by georgies(m): 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2007
Meaning
Its just hard to mark out a quality player
Just hope one dont come
You will sure give in.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Bolarge(m): 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2007
georgies:

Don`t hate the player
Hate the game
The player can only play
by virtue of position.
Play him out and you will identify a real player.

Y'all make me laugh.
It'd be a lot more fun if we'd be this liberal-minded if the playa turns out to be our girlfriend and not resort to calling her names. . b*$#ch, h$#, what have you. wink

Signs out
Re: How To Spot A Playa by omega25red(m): 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2007
@ topic

A playa would say something like : you shouldn't be spending time trying to find out if i'm a playa you should be the one playing grin
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Hugoboi(m): 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2007
, >>> and wat is that supposed to mean?
Re: How To Spot A Playa by AmerOmoge(f): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2007
@Bolarge and ALL. . .

The truth of the matter is that a playa can do what he do cause he is allowed to. . .by his woman  (all playas have a main girl/guy) and the other woman, In fact the other woman/women will make up lies etc to help him do his thang. . .now occassionally we run across a real slick brotha that has multiple chicks but like someone said this don't last long cause there is only 24 hrs in a day and he gotta make time for sleep,(or his play machine wont work right) so that cuts into his playing time and depending on how many ladies he juggling. . .lets just say his time is short. . . but the key to his game lasting as long as it does is that he tells them what they want to hear. . .  See I you have to make each one believe they are your only one. . . this is easy to do. . .if you are creative. . .

Here are some of the easy signs. . .
Cant be reached. . .at the usual times with too many excuses explaining this or that
Change in routine/behavior (time and clothes wearing makeup if she didnt before etc)
Friends(cover buddies)become very important in terms of amt time spent wit them
Always on the go. . .Cant stay in one place for too long for fear of getting caught
Cant get hard or not interested in sex (tired arses Bodi no be firewood. . .prick no be gas pump either) my poor attempt at pidgin wink grin
Cop an attitude and always saying "girl why don't you trust me, or "What you don't trust me now"

The list is ENDLESS. . .like this note. . . long o!

**oops this maybe the wrong signs this may be how to tell when your man/woman is cheating**
Re: How To Spot A Playa by holythug(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2008
may b u ll spot 1 if u use an electron microscope grin
Re: How To Spot A Playa by ariblaze(m): 11:30pm On Feb 16, 2008
is there anything like a true playa?

i think behind every successful playa is a queue of women who allowed him,

women have the 7th sense of intuition which we guys sadly lack in certain aspects

i believe a woman senses when she is about to get played,she just talks herself out of the feeling,

so a playa would be a guy would get to rolla sis out of her fears
Re: How To Spot A Playa by creamdream: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2008
Yeah.there are players. but, folks SOME GAMES YOU PLAY,SOME GAMES PLAY YOU!! that does not mean there are no players, you dont have to win all games to top the league, "am sorry to say but most Girls(the female folks has proven themselves to be FISH BRAINS over the centuries!! No insult intended!!
Re: How To Spot A Playa by sammyjl(f): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2008
shocked I dont c y ya'll are wining about, the problem is, women get too emotionally involved. If u think your man is playing u, play him too and c how mad he'll get, and if u have seen him, tell him straight, aint nothing like keeping quiet, it wont solve nothing.

Too many excuses is one way of spotting a so-called player, but if he can do the game, who said u cant?
Re: How To Spot A Playa by snugle: 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2008
How to bust a player, Well, i aint too experienced in this field, but i think real players are hard to spot. But again,being a player,hw sure r u that u aint being played? i think most players are made cuz the girls actually made them dat way by feigning ignorance. Step outside the box for a minute and think.If it were u listening to the lies you tell the girls, will you believe it? for peace sakes and to prevent players from being embarassed or busted, most girls just accept it. But again, you dont know where shes goin when she leaves ur crib!

So every one,actively or pasively is a player. Its just the position dat differs. The players, the playees.

Just enjoy the game while it lasts and while at it, keep the game air tight!

But one sure sign of a player: , When he accuses u of doin stuff, as a man thinketh,so is he
Re: How To Spot A Playa by sillyboy(m): 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2008
@ topic

Boys play girls and girls play boys!. . . . . . it's just that most girls are bad losers when it comes to the heart game.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by laudate: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2008
Bolarge:

What is all this *&%*%#@$ everybody's sayin that real playas can't be found out?
Where's d playa from? Neptune?
I must say a girl must score like -20 in the IQ department not to be able to spot a playa.Please don't get me wrong,for d very good ones it may take a girl some time but eventually every playa is discovered.Period.
  How does he stop his phone from ringing when the other chicks call?
  When he starts talking in monosyllables on the phone eg."yes","I know","maybe","call u back" when u've always known him as an extra smooth talker.
  How's he going to hide the other chick when she's sitting right next to him in his car when he's meant to be out of town?
Da list is endless.

Y'see d playa's major enemy is time.[/b]He has just 24hrs.Now a typical girl wants 26hrs of his time all to herself. By the time d guy's tryin to run like 6 chicks simultaneously Yawa must gas along the line.The only thing is when yawa gases with one chick a typical playa just goes on to another.Babes too full ground.

[b] If majority of girls weren't so stupidly blind, they call it love playas wldn't go so far.

My 2 kobo.

WORD!!
  wink Na true word you talk, my brother. . . . those who have ears, let them hear! grin

You asked: How does he stop his phone from ringing when the other chicks call? Hey, he puts it in 'vibrate only' mode. Or switches the phone to silent mode. That way, when it vibrates, he alone gets to know there is a call, from a babe! Sometimes, he saves the identity of the babe under a male name. e.g. Alexandra becomes known as[i] Alex,[/i] on his phone. Funke becomes Frank etc. Shey, you get my drift? wink

Sadly, playas will always make one fatal mistake that would blow their cover at the end of the day. Their lies don't gel over a period of time. And they are quick to go on the defensive too quickly. They also don't care too much about their reputations and are willing to take silly risk that'll jeorpardise their friendships, relationships & image. In addition to all these, they always seem to have a glib excuse for everything.

And when the house of cards they have built on those false stories come crashing down, they are quick to seek further excuses to explain it all away. Playas are nothing but jokers who do not place value themselves. Jokers who think they are smart, when in actual fact they are just making a fool of themselves as they try to hoodwink members of the opposite sex, and also digging a deep hole in which they would fall, as time goes by.

Eventually, they get to learn their lesson. Yeah right. . . . .karma is a bitch. Ain't that sad.
Re: How To Spot A Playa by Pepeye(f): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2008
By their fruits you shall know them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Do U Love It When Ur Partner Wear Ur Clothes? / When A Girl Says "no", A Guy Hears It As "try Again Tomorrow" / Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.