Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? (27468 Views)

Will You Accept Your Dad’s Secret Family? / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? / What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by giftfromGod(f): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
@Okewumi, don't worry dad his going no where. Until he sees all his great great grand children. I love reading about loving Father.

On my part, I really don't know if he was . Because I doubt if I spend up to two years with him from the day I was born till he died some years ago. But in all , I can never say negative things about him, no matter what I got to respect the dead.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by coolh3ad(m): 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
graciamore:
Hmm my Dad in those days my dad will do everything for us to go to school but inturn will rain course on me and my siblings...he will swear for us when we does something bad..., like we will sufer, it will not be well with us, and so on. and this same man we sell himself so we can go to school...* hmm crying while writing this.* could this be the reason why i have not been able to get any job??

Do you believe in God & prayers??....
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by zeb04(f): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
okewumi:
Lord l thank you for the best father you gave to me. If not God that gave me this man, l don't think l will go to school.

The man believes in me. Employed private teachers from ss1 to teach me yet l failed WAEC many times. Whenever l showed him my result, he will advice me that l can make it. He believes so much in me. Those years, if you fail you have to wait till another year. So sweet and beautiful.

When government were owing salaries, he went to learn tailoring and that was another source of income. The man is very industrious. He taught us farming, and made us believe that as far you are not handicap, you can use your hand to work.
He loves God. We must observe quiet time in the morning and evening before going to bed.
I as first child had late education and before l could gain admission to university my younger ones had finished secondary school. My dad went through hell to finance us. I remembered when we sometimes came home and dad need #305,000 to pay for our expenses.
My younger once started abusing me that l was the one inconvenient our parent to send us to school because of my late education. I thank God today, l am the bread winner of the family.

I remembered a time l went to teach in nursery and primary school just to gather money to write GCE. He was annoyed why l should use my money to buy form when he is still alive. He game back the money.

In fact l have to beg him to stop sending upkeep to me during my NYSE. The man is a loving father.

When l told him about my first trip to abroad, the man was super happy and reminded me why he believes in his children because everything created by God was good. Very trust worthy man. I sent my money to him to help supervise my building project and was with me when l bought the land. He supervised the work till completion level.

Whenever l travel home and l see him getting old, l always feel like cloning him so that he can stay with us till eternity.
I have never seen him beating our mum and mum is very stubborn and arrogant jare grin grin
I pray to God to give you more long life dad. You are just too much.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by graciamore(f): 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
coolh3ad:

Do you believe in God & prayers??....
Yes yes yes
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by coolh3ad(m): 10:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
graciamore:
Yes yes yes

So forget about that “past”, do the needful and move on with life. I BELIEVE IN GOD & I BELIEVE IN PRAYER (Communication with the Greatest FATHER ever)....

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by graciamore(f): 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
coolh3ad:

So forget about that “past”, do the needful and move on with life. I BELIEVE IN GOD & I BELIEVE IN PRAYER (Communication with the Greatest FATHER ever)....
Thanks for encouraging me

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
Cubia:
go and sit down ma/sir. If you want to see very serious people go to the mortuary they are there all tight faced and serious looking. Everytime you people will be forming mature and exposed. Mtschw. This thread is to make younger future upcoming dad's learn and not become like our fathers' generation. If you don't find it useful rest.

grin grin grin grin, These nairaland's nonsense smileys can't explain the way i'm laughing right now, this thread has been disheartening, thanks for lightening the mood grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by intrepidJ: 5:02am On Jun 24, 2019
piroux:

All those beatings must have done more damage than you realise.

Every member of your family us into witchcraft but you escaped?
It hasn't occurred to you that Yahoo on it's own is an invitation to the devil?
What would your victims say about you? Are they praying for you and asking God to grant you grace to scam them again?
Or you must think the fact that you blew means God loves only you, abi?
Continue deluding yourself.

Dude..You can say what ever you like. I came here to tell my story, mot paint myself as a saint..something you clearly can It differentiate. You can continue running your miserable mouth.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by intrepidJ: 5:06am On Jun 24, 2019
piroux:

What would your victims say about you? Are they praying for you and asking God to grant you grace to scam them again?

I can only laugh at you. I know your kind. People like you with your mindset can never go through adversity alive. You are easy prey because you see things in black and white. That finger you use in judging will come back and hunt you down and you will remember this comment.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by piroux(f): 9:38am On Jun 24, 2019
intrepidJ:

I can only laugh at you. I know your kind. People like you with your mindset can never go through adversity alive. You are easy prey because you see things in black and white. That finger you use in judging will come back and hunt you down and you will remember this comment.

I'm sorry. After i posted this, i went through other comments and realized you have deeper issues than i initially commented on. Your self esteem and sense of self worth has been battered out of you. You will do anything to earn the love of others and chances are high that it won't be enough. in fact, you will more than likely be seen as a pest because you need constant love, approval and validation. I wish i had an instant solution to make you love yourself or make you take responsibility for whom you have become. I don't so i pray you find peace on the way. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by intrepidJ: 1:41am On Jun 25, 2019
piroux:

I'm sorry. After i posted this, i went through other comments and realized you have deeper issues than i initially commented on. Your self esteem and sense of self worth has been battered out of you. You will do anything to earn the love of others and chances are high that it won't be enough. in fact, you will more than likely be seen as a pest because you need constant love, approval and validation. I wish i had an instant solution to make you love yourself or make you take responsibility for whom you have become. I don't so i pray you find peace on the way. Best of luck.

What the Bleep are you talking about? Sometimes it's best you do proper finding before jumping to conclusions. You have no idea what you are talking about.

First if all my self esteem is high. I live myself and if you knew me well you would know i hate being a burden in people. I dont know how to ask..I feel better giving than asking. I am in no say seeking validation from others. The reason you have been posting off point is because you refuse to believe such wickedness exist. I am naturally very prideful and independent.

You have not experienced first hand my story yet you've appointed yourself to be chief pathologist. You can either bekieve my story or not i dont care.. stop posting crap and stop insulting my intelligence. The only person who needs a solution or help now is you not me. Stop obsessing about my story. You are a perp
They may not know who you really are. Just let it rest and stop posting crap and work in yourself cos the end is coming.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by tunjilee003: 10:16am On Jun 25, 2019
when I wrote jamb,i manage to score 270 dad was happy he told me i should go to kwara state polythecnic just because that was where his siblings schooled,,i rejected the idea of going to a polythecnic due to my high jamb score,i insist on going to a university.he told me if I'll go to the uni he won't sponsor my education...i had no option than to oblige to his decision
.well am thankful doing better in The polythecnic

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by intrepidJ: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2019
piroux:

Bleep you for this stupid comment.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by oyonu(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
.ltl
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by 1Sharon(f): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2019
intrepidJ:

Bleep you for this stupid comment.

She is right lol. How can you say god is on ur side when you did Yahoo?

Doesn't the bible say God separates from sinners?
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by phillippians(m): 11:40am On Nov 25, 2019
MORAL LESSONS: Parent should be careful how they behave in front of their kids. Children learn more by what they see than what you tell them! It can shape their behavior in future, negatively or positively!

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2019
Majesticniyi:

I concluded a while back that the average fathers in our generation failed at their jobs. Most people would deny this openly but they know its the truth. Most did not have it as bad as you though. Shout out to the Mothers....they basically made most of us who we are. I hope the current new crop of fathers would not repeat the mistakes of their fathers.
In mine, I experienced physical, psychological, and emotional abuse. As a victim, I would never repeat the mistakes I experienced.
Thank you for making me travel aback a little.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
I can't just narrate pains. Even now, I still suffer from the trauma. But I'll forgive, yes I shall.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
intrepidJ:
Emotinally brutalized before the age of 7. Called a bastard by time im 10. Ran away from home at the age of 12 with no idea where i was going and but a biscuit in my pocket. Experienced the phenomenom "walking in circles " for the first time. By 6 im hungry and lost..by 11 im roaming yhe streets looking for where to sleep. God sends a good Samaritan my way. He saw a young boy on the streets at that hour. I lied to him was going to visit my uncle in Festac Town but got lost and was hungry. He took pity on me and offered to let me pass the night in his place. Too dangerous for a 12 year old boy walking all alone.

Next morning i had no desire to get up..i was drained. Anyway i find my way back to Festac. Exhausted i sat on a stone under the baking sun to rest. Then my dad's friend spotted me. I spotted him too and took off...he chased me and caught up with me. I screamed...people gathered thinking he was trying to kidnap me. I screamed " i dont wanna go back. He wants to kill me"

He was having none of that. I was bundled into a bus and taken home. Now this is where the nightmare began.

I was threatened with death. I was bullied by everyone. Repeatedly called a bastard and spat on. Being spat on right at my face is what i dread the most. You are a bastard chiled he will scream..then spit on my face and tell me to go commit suicide. He will point his finger at me and say "you will never make it in life".

Now im the first son. It didnt take long for my younger siblings to follow suit. I was not being spat on by my own brothers too. I was treated with the utmost disrespect and contempt. I tried had to figure out why i was hated with such passion...i just couldnt understand why a human being will treat another human like that.

Because of the childhood trauma i developed anxiety and other forms of mental illness. I didnt know how to socialize...my entire life has been characterised by nothing but raw fear. I became introveted..too scared to go out fir fear of being nullied. As my mental health got worse i became a source of amusement to them. I was mocked, laughed it...SPAT on, called useless. It was a living hell. At this point everybody in my family denies they know me. I was worth nothing to all of then.

When they saw that i had become immune to their widkedness because i have been so used to it so it doesnt affect me..they looked for new ways to cause me emotional trauma..my FRIENDS.

My friends were disgraced by my dad...i was warned never to bring friends home. By the time i was 18 they had grown tired of havng me around.
The man i called my dad is a wicked and evil hypocrite and jealous too. Someday he will answer for destroying my life and all the pain and tears he caused. Waking up middle of the night crying. I did nothing to him. He will answer for his wickedness...very soon.
This part of your story made me cry, as though I was narrating my story to sb.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by Graxie(f): 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Thank God for my wonderful father, he gave his best to see us through. No wonder I married his type, I see the boldness in my kids around their father.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
Graxie:
Thank God for my wonderful father, he gave his best to see us through. No wonder I married his type, I see the boldness in my kids around their father.

Too early to say Ma.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by Graxie(f): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Too early to say Ma.
Speak for yourself.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by Ndipe(m): 10:49am On Dec 16, 2019
My father was very kind to me when I was growing up. What bugged me though was his constant admonition, "kpep nwed" like I should be studying 24/7. Overall, we had a good relationship.
Re: What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? by madjune(m): 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
thepatroit:
Where do I start from? Two days ago, I was thinking it's going to be Father's day soon and I felt like creating a thread for all that man did to us.

He was always quick to abuse us, call us useless, tell us we'll never make it. He never believed in us. He paid our school fees alright but always with insults. He told my mum he wasted his money sending me to a private university. Always cheating on my mum. Right in my presence, he told his friend that his friend is lucky to have brilliant children unlike his. None of us have ever failed an exam o. My mum kept telling him to treat us right but he said he doesn't want us to see him finish. Anytime he's traveling, we were always very joyous. I tried my best to get close to him but he always waits till people are plenty and disgrace you. Never advised us. All he always had for us were insults. Always told our favorite uncle bad things about us, that one stopped giving us gifts and money. We knew the combination to his safe but never touched a dime. He never allowed us touch his cars. Keeps a record of every dime he spends on us. So many things.

Now the dude is saying after taking us to school that we've forgotten him. No one calls him. We spend hours talking to our mum, send her money and gifts. She begs us to send to him too but we do for her ten times what we do for him. I have forgiven him but in my next life, I don't want a father like him.

Sounds like an Edo father.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja / How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria / Boniface Mwangi: "I Had Sex Once And Church Kicked Me Out"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.