Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why Would You Want To Get Married? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Want To Get Married? (29290 Views)

Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Get Married To An Army Veteran (video) / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by cooluzi: 8:14am On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

I am quite capable of standing by my beliefs without worrying or caring about what anyone else thinks or says.
Why? Because I don’t want to.
you are a lady and you dont wanna get married who are you fooling..... only if you can't attract a man

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 06, 2019
alexola20:

Thanks bro.

My mother even worse pass my wife sef.
You see I have nowhere to go.
Mama sits on the property in 9ja.
Wife claiming the one in EU.

Reason for my everyday cry.No where to go.
How can I trust any woman again when the closest ones have shown me more pepper and salt on my injuries.

Not just you alone. I think majority of the female gender are manipulative, selfish and very sentimental.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:17am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.

For those tearing me apart, this is it:
Don't get me wrong. I know my view sounds somehow. But if you look carefully, that's what most women do these days. Even those that work don't wanna share responsibilities with their husbands... Is that not the same as just cooking and giving birth?
As for the women in my family, that's a topic for another day, I wasn't raised by one. Not a broken home, but passed away when I was very young. Pops didn't remarry, and I never really felt her absence, maybe because I don't know what it feels like to have one. There's no house chore too big for me to handle, I grew up doing all those, perfectly. So I ask myself, what do I need a woman for? Asides giving birth and cooking, most of them have nothing more to offer. That's the truth. Some are even dirty and very disorganized, I can't stand a dirty environment. Never! But if you're gonna be offering something else asides what I listed above, then let me see. But how many of them have tangible things to offer?
And as for companionship, fvck it! I'm a hardcore introvert.

Same here. But what else should she offer?
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by NairaMaster1(m): 8:18am On Feb 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Nigerians want to get married because, in Nigeria, MARRIAGE is synonymous with HAPPINESS... and sadly, many will gladly marry any donkey out there, in order to join the "happily married" bandwagon (while being truly miserable in their heart)

also most have been brainwashed into believing that their life purpose is to find a mate, marry that person and becoming "one". thats what your parents tells you you must do, thats what you religious leader tells you you must do, thats what friends and family tell you you must do....so at the end, many do believe (wrongly) that if you DONT get married, you would have failed in life

Have you seen an America, France, British, Russia president without a wife or husband.

Nigerians and foolishness.

It's only irresponsible people that claim marriage is evil.

Adultery in Nigeria is what is killing marriages. Love of money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by williamdeluxe(m): 8:19am On Feb 06, 2019
People often make jokes about marriage sending relationships down the drain. People supposedly let themselves go and the initial love and happiness fades away. Whilst this is true in some cases, these sorts of jokes give marriage a bad name because there are so many wonderful things that come with being joined in matrimony...

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by NairaMaster1(m): 8:19am On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:
I wouldn’t.

Prostitution and baby mamma pay. Good luck.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by NairaMaster1(m): 8:22am On Feb 06, 2019
Splinz:

smiley

Whilst sheer thoughts like having little angels run around my house shouting: 'Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!' excites me a lot, I wouldn't be a proud father of such children if I don't marry their mother.

Why? Simple. I don't wanna breed bastards. embarassed

Don't waste your data on fools. Nigeria is now a land of the prostitutes because of worldly things.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Quorax: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2019
Debramaye:
reasonable comments like this lights a spark of hope in my heart for my country Nigeria
ah we are in minority o.

These people do not even know they are part of the problem plaguing us as country... We don't even have enough jobs to around.

Now I am kinda forced to build my future kids into entrepreneurs than allowing them apply for jobs...

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2019
chemberlin:
You have fail to give yourself brain...Ask your father why he didn't get married again..The answer is because he loved your mom is much and that does not mean he can do it alone with out a woman just as you are thinking now in that your shallow mind.

Love ko. Story for the gods. Who love epp! I practically raised myself, I can say it anywhere. Na hn sabi why e no remarry. There are some things I can't say here.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by upliftinglife: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.

Don't get me wrong. I know my view sounds somehow. But if you look carefully, that's what most women do these days. Even those that work don't wanna share responsibilities with their husbands... Is that not the same as just cooking and giving birth?
As for the women in my family, that's a topic for another day, I wasn't raised by one. Not a broken home, but passed away when I was very young. Pops didn't remarry, and I never really felt her absence, maybe because I don't know what it feels like to have one. There's no house chore too big for me to handle, I grew up doing all those, perfectly. So I ask myself, what do I need a woman for? Asides giving birth and cooking, most of them have nothing more to offer. That's the truth. Some are even dirty and very disorganized, I can't stand a dirty environment. Never! But if you're gonna be offering something else asides what I listed above, then let me see. But how many of them have tangible things to offer?

I see your pain but it is understandable. I am one of you I hate my freedom being taken away. Where a woman, coming into my life, will make me not want to move (travel the way I want).

Now coming to what they can offer, I denounced my friendship with a girl because she asked me, "won't you manage a girl if all she can offer is sex". I was mad. Because I can't stand the scene of seeing my kids suffer because of a lazy woman.

But still, I have seen woman with integrity. The once that have much to offer. Yes, I live in the semi-developed area of the country and it gave me much insight about women and their live. The only thing it requires to get one that meets your standard is just stepping out of your comfort zone.

Mind you I don't chase after women. You know that small life of an introvert, always on my own. But you have to signal to them with your body and eyes, then let them do the dating. And you, you do the shakara.

Bro my bottom line is, step out of your comfort zone, with just words a woman can tell you who she is. Remember this, keep the slay mamas away. They are the once that will alway give you the impression that all a woman can offer is sex. Instead try search for those once that you don't see regularly, those once with self respect. They are a lot of them, only that mechanics has caused us not to know who the mad once are.

Use you introverted character to your advantage. Getting a woman is not hard.

9 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:25am On Feb 06, 2019
grin
alexola20:

How would you know?
It took decades to see my own mother true colour.
In fact my wife is stupid but with my evaluation still much better than my mother.
But also brainwashed by her own mother.
Man has no say.
lol
alexola20:

How would you know?
It took decades to see my own mother true colour.
In fact my wife is stupid but with my evaluation still much better than my mother.
But also brainwashed by her own mother.
Man has no say.
lol
maybe that is their own way of loving you, check very well you will find more of the good attributes in these women in your life.
you will discover that they are not entirely bad afterall.
as a matter of fact, those who love are those who talks tough at you. who look you straight in eyes with piousness and want you to get the best.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 06, 2019
upliftinglife:

I see your pain but it is understandable. I am one of you I hate my freedom being taken away. Where a woman, coming into my life, will make me not want to move (travel the way I want).

Now coming to what they can offer, I denounced my friendship with a girl because she asked me, "won't you manage a girl if all she can offer is sex". I was mad. Because I can't stand the scene of seeing my kids suffer because of a lazy woman.

But still, I have seen woman with integrity. The once that have much to offer. Yes, I live in the semi-developed area of the country and it gave me much insight about women and their live. The only thing it requires to get one that meets your standard is just stepping out of your comfort zone.

Mind you I don't chase after women. You know that small life of an introvert, always on my own. But you have to signal to them with your body and eyes, then let them do the dating. And you, you do the shakara.

Bro my bottom line is, step out of your comfort zone, with just words a woman can tell you who she is. Remember this, keep the slay mamas away. They are the once that will alway give you the impression that all a woman can offer is sex. Instead try search for those once that you don't see regularly, those once with self respect. They are a lot of them, only that mechanics has caused us not to know who the mad once are.

Use you introverted character to your advantage. Getting a woman is not hard.

Thank you. One of the very few reasonable responses I've got here. Some people fail to think deep before bashing you.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Quorax: 8:27am On Feb 06, 2019
mhisbliss:
It all boils down to our societal values, norms and what people would think and say about you if you aren't married, especially if you're a girl, why pop out a baby or two or three for a man without him putting the ring on it and not expecting people to think you're a shameless baby factory who is just cohabiting with an unserious man who loves getting you pregnant?

So beneath all this "I don't care what people think about me" mantra everyone chants, is an insecure and timid person wishing he or she is really about that, lastly marriage gives you a kind of leverage, because in the face of society, you're legal and as a legal partner you kinda have a say when someone is in your turf, and you sometimes get compensation when it hit the rocks, example jeff bezos and his ex wife.
your last line made me laugh. Why use Jeff to analyze your post? Are we in America or Nigeria? Funny people everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Grupo(m): 8:29am On Feb 06, 2019
BabbanBura:

Nope, I won't kill myself cos my life is sweet. It's you that rather needs your advise, bitterness oozes all over you! But as I doctor, I would instead want to remand you @ yabaleft for some observation and cooling off

Before you body shame her, upload your own picture alongside hers, let's see who's who.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by upliftinglife: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Same here. But what else should she offer?

A woman should be helpful financially to her man apart from that she should help in any way she can. Also remember this, build your career it will force people to respect you.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Amigos12(m): 8:33am On Feb 06, 2019
Smh!!! Meanwhile,most of these I'll never get married crew on this thread are walking down the aisle this weekend.I kid you not!

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nasri100(m): 8:48am On Feb 06, 2019
skukimania:

Don't worry. By the time you meet the woman that will arrest your heart, you will change this ringing tone of yours.
OK, bye.

Sis, modern times has exposed all feminine antics.

If a woman is acting all caring and loving these days to me, I already agree it’s probably cause she likes me and why wouldn’t she like me? When she has a lot to benefit from a single hardworking lad.

If a man with this kind of knowledge decides he is not going to get married, how else can you convince him otherwise?

I have impacted to a few with being single. I know if I was with “some women”, her overly selfish nature would have hampered that.

Maybe unwanted pregnancies and emotional fanfare would be the final arrest?
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:49am On Feb 06, 2019
upliftinglife:

A woman should be of help financially to her man.

Is that all? Then we are equal in marriage then. We share equal responsibilities altogether.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by danjay22: 8:58am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life. Love u bro!

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by danjay22: 8:59am On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=danjay22 post=75462585][/quote] Love ur line of reasoning bro! A lot see it as an achievement
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Evangkatsoulis: 9:00am On Feb 06, 2019
CaptainMitch:
To make sure my surname doesn't die.

Na only you dey answer your surname? Besides has your family done anything great or remarkable that you would want to uphold your surname?

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:09am On Feb 06, 2019
Blankstare:

You must be joking right?

Nah.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Evangkatsoulis: 9:14am On Feb 06, 2019
Nicoddemus:
Most people are saying they don't wanna get married. That's just a total self denial of primitive human existence. God himself in his higher wisdom made woman to be a helpmate to the man and for companionship with the understanding of the critical needs and basic desire of the man he created. Yet some on nairaland derives pleasure trying to subvert natural Principe. Anywhere na forming sha. If you have met the wrong person or encountered difficulties in your life don't let is twist your understanding of marriage and why you should get married. As for me i believe in love....( calm down am not naive). I want to love and be loved. Companionship. And to groom healthy children.

You are naive. Not everyone believes in this your god.

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Dreew(f): 9:16am On Feb 06, 2019
Well...marriage isn't love but love is marriage. Getting married is a proof of my commitment, endless love, respect and responsibility towards my husband. I also want our children to have a sense of entitlement towards him. To know they can call him, "Father" at any time of the day, with pride, love and possession.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by EYOUYO: 9:23am On Feb 06, 2019
My candid opinion simply states that; if d environment is favourable then d's need for cell multiplication(marriage) and if it's unfavorable den remain single, is not a must to marry.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Dreew(f): 9:24am On Feb 06, 2019
ImaIma1:

Mine was a dinner on a Sunday evening.

Not all women are money conscious wink

This is the kind of wedding I want. Something private and very reserved. How did you pull this off without people thinking you're weird. Or you're not in Nigeria then?

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:25am On Feb 06, 2019
Last last everyone ranting here will get married. Some of them daydream about their forever with their Prince charming or snow white. They will scatter social media with their pictures when they eventually get married.

There is fulfillment, satisfaction and companionship in marriage. You can't have a good marriage and remain the same. How about kids? I want to have children.Society has made it acceptable to breed bastards, no functional Daddy-mummy-Children family. Sex is free commodity today. .But it can never be compared to a happy family.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:30am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality.....
A woman has a whole lot to offer than Chores, cooking and breeding. Someday, you'll realise that.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ImaIma1(f): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2019
Dreew:

This is the kind of wedding I want. Something private and very reserved. How did you pull this off without people thinking you're weird. Or you're not in Nigeria then?

Lol...I am in Nigeria. It was what we both wanted. We told the pastors in our church about our idea because we wanted the service at the reception venue.

We have a lot of friends from our different groups so we took it to a not too close location because we planned for 100 family and close friends.

The service was about 45mins in the same venue and the reception followed after. It was suit and bow tie for men and dinner dresses for ladies. It was fun. No bridal train, just maid of honour. No Aso ebi, no second dress wahala, no extra stress.

I didn't even decorate the car cos I stayed in the hotel in the venue of the wedding. it was exactly as I wanted cos I don't like stress.

You can pull it off. It just depends on both of you. If you are from the tribe that likes partying and plenty serenre... sorry cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by mhisbliss(f): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2019
Quorax:
your last line made me laugh. Why use Jeff to analyze your post? Are we in America or Nigeria? Funny people everywhere.
Ahn ahn, its same everywhere, America or not, divorce is divorce.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Leo Dasilva: 'Women Cheat More Than Men, But They Barely Get Caught' / "You Want Mr. Right When You Are Miss. Wrong " / My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.