Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Why Would You Want To Get Married? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Want To Get Married? (29326 Views)

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Why I Vowed Never to get married ( A Nairalander) / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by catice(m): 2:02am On Feb 06, 2019
I like my freedom so much.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Elliot2(m): 2:17am On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

The thing that makes relationships work is you that find someone who shares the same ideals as you. Problem solved.
And what makes you think I want children?
Lol. methinks u don't have any good man. like,which good man thinks and agrees to no marriage, which is just a mere but significant public show of affection for each other. Marriage does not take anything away from a good relationship;it is meant to separate d boys from d men.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by gracile(f): 2:21am On Feb 06, 2019
Reginald or whatever, tajbol4splend, ioswhite you guys can you stop shoving your opinions down people's throats? It's not only childish but irritating please.
Live and let live!

21 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by streamsofjoy(f): 2:23am On Feb 06, 2019
Someone said his mum had nothing to offer aside giving birth and raising children. Eyaa

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by echodrum(m): 2:31am On Feb 06, 2019
Regiinald:
please speak for yourself and not others.
infact you have no facts to prove what you wrote up there.
If you know the facts already why then did you come here to bother people with your post? Just go ahead and tell us the facts so that we can learn from you.

14 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by noskcid(m): 2:34am On Feb 06, 2019
Starboytwo:
I actually thought about this today

Id really like to meet my son

you just spoke my mind bro
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:34am On Feb 06, 2019
Me and my friend where discussing this last week about getting married
He said if not for kids what is the reason getting married I was just thinking about it

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by mhisbliss(f): 2:35am On Feb 06, 2019
It all boils down to our societal values, norms and what people would think and say about you if you aren't married, especially if you're a girl, why pop out a baby or two or three for a man without him putting the ring on it and not expecting people to think you're a shameless baby factory who is just cohabiting with an unserious man who loves getting you pregnant?

So beneath all this "I don't care what people think about me" mantra everyone chants, is an insecure and timid person wishing he or she is really about that, lastly marriage gives you a kind of leverage, because in the face of society, you're legal and as a legal partner you kinda have a say when someone is in your turf, and you sometimes get compensation when it hit the rocks, example jeff bezos and his ex wife.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:35am On Feb 06, 2019
Yesterday I wanted to wash I started thinking who will help me to wash it last year my mom told me she need a grandkid

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by dasparrow: 2:37am On Feb 06, 2019
Elliot2:
Lol. methinks u don't have any good man. like,which good man thinks and agrees to no marriage, which is just a mere but significant public show of affection for each other. Marriage does not take anything away from a good relationship;it is meant to separate d boys from d men.

Marraige nowadays has become a joke. The rate at which married women are getting infected with AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases by their philandering husbands is a great cause for concern. There is just too much infidelity and domestic violence in today's marraiges.

Most married people - especially Nigerians - are miserable though they won't admit it. They pretend to be happy and post happy pictures on Facebook while they secretly nurse their sexually-transmitted-diseased private parts in the secret and cry themselves to sleep at night. You think we don't know? Yeye dey smell!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by missyblissy: 2:39am On Feb 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I don't think I'll marry. Nigerian men are seriously write-offs!

Come on!!! Dont use one bad experience to judge all Nigerian men. Yes, i agree most of them are write offs but there good Nigerian men out there. Its like searching for a grain of rice inside a bag of beans.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Elliot2(m): 2:39am On Feb 06, 2019
I don't understand why anyone would think marriage is meaningless. It is like saying whatever relationship u r in is meaningless. It is irrational to think and say so. It thus means you don't trust yourself and do not trust ur partner,and also for that which you feel and share. Marriage is the boldest statement one makes in a relationship. It is that simple. If you are naive about what a marriage statement means,then stay single.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Grupo(m): 2:43am On Feb 06, 2019
Daeylar:
I don't even know.
The only reason I can find is because that's the way things are done.
And maybe for the legal benefits. I don't even know what they are though.

Someone once asked this question on twitter and I think it made FP here. What are the benefits of marriage, especially to women.

I have a very strong reason why I wouldn't want to get married though.

Marriage has many benefits to the woman.

1. Free housing
2. Free food
3. Free clothing
4. Free money because they always feel entitled to the man's money.

I cannot say the man enjoys these benefits though.

18 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Esdb3: 2:44am On Feb 06, 2019
Regiinald:

you dont want children from your own sperm?

Why do you want children from your own sperm? Why?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Esdb3: 2:46am On Feb 06, 2019
Can't get married because it is morally wrong and selfish to have kids. You and your wife are the ones who wants a baby. Does the baby want you?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Grupo(m): 2:51am On Feb 06, 2019
Esdb3:
Can't get married because it is morally wrong and selfish to have kids. You and your wife are the ones who wants a baby. Does the baby want you?

You are very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Elliot2(m): 2:52am On Feb 06, 2019
dasparrow:

Marraige nowadays has become a joke. The rate at which married women are getting infected with AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases by their philandering husbands is a great cause for concern. There is just too much infidelity and domestic violence in today's marraiges.

Most married people - especially Nigerians - are miserable though they won't admit it. They pretend to be happy and post happy pictures on Facebook while they secretly nurse their sexually-transmitted-diseased private parts in the secret and cry themselves to sleep at night. You think we don't know? Yeye dey smell!
People have become jokers-but definitely not marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Grupo(m): 3:00am On Feb 06, 2019
I honestly don't have any reason to get married. Though I'm afraid I might get blackmailed into getting married.

While I like kids, I am not sure I can cope with having growing babies stay under the same roof with me. The cries, noise and all that trouble would just drive me crazy.

Honestly, it is really going to be hard for me to cope with a woman and kids under the same roof.

Let me watch how things unfold first.

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by SheCool(f): 3:20am On Feb 06, 2019
nairalee:

1) You don't need to get married to have kids
2) You don't need to get married for your kids to have a father
3) You don't need to get married to find the right man. Statistically speaking women feel they've found the right man till they get married.

So why ruin all the joy wit marriage??
I don’t wanna have kids out of wedlock

I also don’t want my kids to have daddy issues

Yes! If I marry a man it means to me that I’ve found the right man cause I was dating him enough to marry him. You can just speak for yourself in this scenario that you not the type to get married.

7 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Oluwo1: 3:20am On Feb 06, 2019
Regiinald:
please speak for yourself and not others.
infact you have no facts to prove what you wrote up there.

Close your eyes and look at the married people around you.. how many are happy? Marriage is good if you find the right person to get into the agreement with but most people dont have their personal reasons for getting married apart from what their parent, religion leaders , friends and culture has taught them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by DonMekino(m): 3:22am On Feb 06, 2019
so guys in the house....aside giving birth to children, is there any other pressing need to get married?? just want ur views

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by oshaosha2014(m): 3:22am On Feb 06, 2019
I don’t know you. I don’t know much about you. However, here’s a little about why I want marriage:I don’t like jumping from one woman to another because of disease. I want my kids to have a healthy home (where both parents and working tirelessly to keep together) where they can spring from and conquer the world. I could just impregnate any lady out there and have a kid, but I wouldn’t, I want a home for my kids. It is that important to me. And this is not because the society made me believe so. That’s the little I can talk about. Thanks.
MrBrownJay1:
Nigerians want to get married because, in Nigeria, MARRIAGE is synonymous with HAPPINESS... and sadly, many will gladly marry any donkey out there, in order to join the "happily married" bandwagon (while being truly miserable in their heart)

also most have been brainwashed into believing that their life purpose is to find a mate, marry that person and becoming "one". thats what your parents tells you you must do, thats what you religious leader tells you you must do, thats what friends and family tell you you must do....so at the end, many do believe (wrongly) that if you DONT get married, you would have failed in life

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Oluwo1: 3:24am On Feb 06, 2019
dasparrow:

The Yeye don dey smell since 1900, just that there's enough platform for people to cry out now. Domestic violence and infidelity is what was rampant when I was growing up, just that there was no facebook to share the story then.

10 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Blankstare(m): 3:25am On Feb 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I don't think I'll marry. Nigerian men are seriously write-offs!

You must be joking right?

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by jessedaflow: 3:28am On Feb 06, 2019
U whr told red colour is red and u believe, wat if dat color red, aint red but yellow?
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Daeylar(f): 3:36am On Feb 06, 2019
Grupo:

Marriage has many benefits to the woman.

1. Free housing
2. Free food
3. Free clothing
4. Free money because they always feel entitled to the man's money.

Where?
In this modern age where many women work and share the cost of rent, food, clothing? This age where men keep screaming that they can't marry liabilities and they want independent women who work and have their own money? Or is it another time?
How many men foot all the bills in the home?
So what kind of benefit?

I cannot say the man enjoys these benefits though.

Let me remind you of some benefits to the man

-1)A live in maid for free. (after all. "I'm Male. Head of house. It's a woman's job to build and take care of her home. )
-2)Live in cook. For free. (Hot meals set and ready at all meal times. Woman's job.)
-3)Live in all time baby sitter for free. (It's a woman's job to care for the kids. )
-4)Live in housekeeper for free.( Once again woman's job)
-5) And after all that, Someone to split the rent and someone to split payment of bills with. (This is when they remember that it is modern times. Something you're conveniently ignoring.)

-6) For extremely lazy yet wicked and entitled men.
It gives them another person's salary that they can sequestrate and they feel entitled to, A salary they didn't earn.

Since you want to show bias.
You really tried it with your post.

20 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 06, 2019
Because I can’t see myself living without him would love to explore the world with him, I really just wanna have the license to kiss him anytime I want

And lastly because we work great together and even if he tries to play it off being in sync is sexy

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by potosky: 3:58am On Feb 06, 2019
Daeylar:

Where?
In this modern age where many women work and share the cost of rent, food, clothing? This age where men keep screaming that they can't marry liabilities and they want independent women who work and have their own money? Or is it another time?
How many men foot all the bills in the home?

Let me remind you of some benefits to the man

-1)A live in maid for free. (after all. "I'm Male. Head of house. It's a woman's job to build and take care of her home. )
-2)Live in cook. For free. (Hot meals set and ready at all meal times. Woman's job.)
-3)Live in all time baby sitter for free. (It's a woman's job to care for the kids. )
-4)Live in housekeeper for free.( Once again woman's job)
-5) And after all that, Someone to split the rent and someone to split payment of bills with. (This is when they remember that it is modern times. Something you're conveniently ignoring.)

-6) For extremely lazy yet wicked and entitled men.
It gives them another person's salary that they can sequestrate and they feel entitled to, A salary they didn't earn.

Since we want to show bias.
You really tried it with your post.
the always think being a woman is very easy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by HENRY940: 4:15am On Feb 06, 2019
Regiinald:
I believe people (including me) should get married only because they want to have children officially.

I don't think getting married because you want to spend the rest of your life with the person is a valid reason because that is why you are dating such person in the first place and getting married doesn't change that decision.

Why Would You Want To Get Married?

We will talk again, when you hit 5o.. something years. And begin to taste REAL_loneliness.
N/b, .... Happened to my uncle

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nicoddemus(m): 4:17am On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

How do you think we ended up in a relationship if we don’t have the same ideals? Or discussed these things beforehand. Not everyone just falls into relationships yoo know! Some people look for and find their others based on the overlooked aspect called compatibility.
Well be scared if your mindset is stuck in the 20th century.
You are a funny muffin!
madam shatap!. You have been talking rubbish since. Tell us what your problem is lets know how to help u

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / Check Out This Simple And Beautiful Wedding Pictures / Dad Cries As He Gives His Daughter Away On Her Traditional Wedding Day(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.