Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Why Would You Want To Get Married? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Want To Get Married? (29328 Views)

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Why I Vowed Never to get married ( A Nairalander) / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Jennifer89(f): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.

For those tearing me apart, this is it:
Don't get me wrong. I know my view sounds somehow. But if you look carefully, that's what most women do these days. Even those that work don't wanna share responsibilities with their husbands... Is that not the same as just cooking and giving birth?
As for the women in my family, that's a topic for another day, I wasn't raised by one. Not a broken home, but passed away when I was very young. Pops didn't remarry, and I never really felt her absence, maybe because I don't know what it feels like to have one. There's no house chore too big for me to handle, I grew up doing all those, perfectly. So I ask myself, what do I need a woman for? Asides giving birth and cooking, most of them have nothing more to offer. That's the truth. Some are even dirty and very disorganized, I can't stand a dirty environment. Never! But if you're gonna be offering something else asides what I listed above, then let me see. But how many of them have tangible things to offer?
And as for companionship, fvck it! I'm a hardcore introvert.

Mr brother you'll still need a woman forget all these your talk

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Oluwo1: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2019
Nicoddemus:

people might think am lying I've not seen an unhappy marriage out of my closest five. And im adding to the number
Amen.. I'm not discouraging people not to marry o grin grin
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by SheCool(f): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2019
nairalee:

Do you want me to analyze this your comment? Or let's just smile over it and wish each other Goodluck in our pursuit of happyness?
LOL! You can go ahead mister, I ain’t holding you back.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Dreew(f): 10:11am On Feb 06, 2019
ImaIma1:

Lol...I am in Nigeria. It was what we both wanted. We told the pastors in our church about our idea because we wanted the service at the reception venue.

Haha I'm from that tribe but this is everything I ever wanted. Pulling it off is a goal. Lol. Are you saying you brought church service to the reception venue, that is, you were not joined in a typical Nigerian church and a Nigerian pastor agreed to that? This is awesomeness in all its glory!
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 10:18am On Feb 06, 2019
NairaMaster1:

Prostitution and baby mamma pay. Good luck.
I don’t need luck maybe you do.
In order to be a baby mamma there has to be children. I don’t want any.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by CaptainMitch: 10:19am On Feb 06, 2019
cheesy its personal my man
Evangkatsoulis:

Na only you dey answer your surname? Besides has your family done anything great or remarkable that you would want to uphold your surname?

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2019
cooluzi:
you are a lady and you dont wanna get married who are you fooling..... only if you can't attract a man
There is a whole different world outside Nigeria. A world which thinks differently, has different priorities and is not concerned or set on an archiac way of viewing women. I live in that world, not yours.

10 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ImaIma1(f): 10:22am On Feb 06, 2019
Dreew:

Haha I'm from that tribe but this is everything I ever wanted. Pulling it off is a goal. Lol. Are you saying you brought church service to the reception venue, that is, you were not joined in a typical Nigerian church and a Nigerian pastor agreed to that? This is awesomeness in all its glory!

You are funny. Yes the church service was in the reception venue and a pastor in my church was assigned for it alongside my marriage counselor.

When I requested if it could be done, the pastor I talked to said that as long as it doesn't go against the scriptures, then it can be done.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by privaldo: 10:22am On Feb 06, 2019
NairaMaster1:

Have you seen an America, France, British, Russia president without a wife or husband.

Nigerians and foolishness.

It's only irresponsible people that claim marriage is evil.

Adultery in Nigeria is what is killing marriages. Love of money.
with their high rate of divorce, you think some people want to go through that emotional melt down let alone the kids that relationship produced

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Buffalowings3(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

Just because I don’t subscribe to how you see life does not mean I have less then a life then you, that’s just absurd and archaic thinking. You and I are a different type of people. People like me exist in abundance. Why I would want to spend this one life I have trying to prentend to fit in, please others or conform and be unhappy is an utter waste of life in general.
You owe nobody explanation.
Every one has a choice to do whatever that makes one happy..

As for me, maybe when I'm 40 I will get married
My present preoccupation is giving myself a treat everyday..

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Dreew(f): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2019
ImaIma1:

You are funny. Yes the church service was in the reception venue and a pastor in my church was assigned for it alongside my marriage counselor.

When I requested if it could be done, the pastor I talked to said that as long as it doesn't go against the scriptures, then it can be done.

Touché! Well done! Thanks for the heads up.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Reeses: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2019
I will get married for a whole lot of reasons.

I am currently married and believe me she is a good one .She is always there to support me spiritually and physically.I will try to keep it short for you with out going into details.Where I am today in life me standing strong today is � because of my wife.so my brothers stop playing with them pookie's they ain't got nothing to offer you i messed with lots of them for a while before I met my wife I felt something different after a while with her and so bro go get yourself a good wife out there and have a rest it's time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Buffalowings3(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2019
nairalee:
I ask myself this question every other day. If I get married today it'd be to satisfy my mother.

1) I'm perfectly happy in my current unmarried state
2) I do WHATEVER I want without explanation to ANYBODY
3) I don't worry about keeping late nights cos when I'm late I can just sleep over at a friend's place without wondering if my wife will suspect foul play
4) Having Variety Sex
5) No unnecessary affiliations (wife's parents, families, friends, neighbors, pastors, acquaintances) it's too cumbersome
6) Maybe it's just me but I noticed married people automatically look older?
7) Cost of marriage in Nigeria sef is enough to start a small scale business
cool It's more expensive keeping a married life than a single life
9) Problems of alimony, compensation etc when the marriage goes sour (case in point Jeff Bezos)
10) Too numerous to mention

Might sound childish but marriage makes no sense to me except for 1 reason

Why Marry?
1) To raise up a child in a conventional family home

I don't still know why society and family can't just let one be!
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by missyblissy: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2019
princfred:

What do you mean by write offs?

Step forward: What do you have to offer apart from you know......mmm

Wrong quote bros angry

I didnt say they are. I was replying someone's post
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Rozaytee: 10:35am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.

For those tearing me apart, this is it:
Don't get me wrong. I know my view sounds somehow. But if you look carefully, that's what most women do these days. Even those that work don't wanna share responsibilities with their husbands... Is that not the same as just cooking and giving birth?
As for the women in my family, that's a topic for another day, I wasn't raised by one. Not a broken home, but passed away when I was very young. Pops didn't remarry, and I never really felt her absence, maybe because I don't know what it feels like to have one. There's no house chore too big for me to handle, I grew up doing all those, perfectly. So I ask myself, what do I need a woman for? Asides giving birth and cooking, most of them have nothing more to offer. That's the truth. Some are even dirty and very disorganized, I can't stand a dirty environment. Never! But if you're gonna be offering something else asides what I listed above, then let me see. But how many of them have tangible things to offer?
And as for companionship, fvck it! I'm a hardcore introvert.
all dis one wey u dey talk u go still tire one day marry... I give u 5years from now... Ur mentality will change... Maybe wen u understand life better

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Reeses: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=Buffalowings3 post=75465750][/quote]
Your own opinion .And if you noticed most people that go around stealing female pants, engaging into all sorts of devil's acts are not married and are doing all those bad things just to impress a dumb girl out there.They have no sense of responsibility compared to those who are married.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nicoddemus(m): 10:43am On Feb 06, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

You are naive. Not everyone believes in this your god.
you decided to lie to and deceive yourself so i can't help you

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Buffalowings3(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2019
mhisbliss:
It all boils down to our societal values, norms and what people would think and say about you if you aren't married, especially if you're a girl, why pop out a baby or two or three for a man without him putting the ring on it and not expecting people to think you're a shameless baby factory who is just cohabiting with an unserious man who loves getting you pregnant?

So beneath all this "I don't care what people think about me" mantra everyone chants, is an insecure and timid person wishing he or she is really about that, lastly marriage gives you a kind of leverage, because in the face of society, you're legal and as a legal partner you kinda have a say when someone is in your turf, and you sometimes get compensation when it hit the rocks, example jeff bezos and his ex wife.

undecided undecided

So the reason you would want to get married is so that you can have monetary compensation in case of divorce from or death of the guy..
You're more dangerous than a viper..

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Buffalowings3(m): 11:00am On Feb 06, 2019
Daeylar:

Where?
In this modern age where many women work and share the cost of rent, food, clothing? This age where men keep screaming that they can't marry liabilities and they want independent women who work and have their own money? Or is it another time?
How many men foot all the bills in the home?

Let me remind you of some benefits to the man

-1)A live in maid for free. (after all. "I'm Male. Head of house. It's a woman's job to build and take care of her home. )
-2)Live in cook. For free. (Hot meals set and ready at all meal times. Woman's job.)
-3)Live in all time baby sitter for free. (It's a woman's job to care for the kids. )
-4)Live in housekeeper for free.( Once again woman's job)
-5) And after all that, Someone to split the rent and someone to split payment of bills with. (This is when they remember that it is modern times. Something you're conveniently ignoring.)

-6) For extremely lazy yet wicked and entitled men.
It gives them another person's salary that they can sequestrate and they feel entitled to, A salary they didn't earn.

Since we want to show bias.
You really tried it with your post.

cool cool
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by IamPlato(m): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2019
ImaIma1:

True that! Marriage is a beautiful thing especially when you marry the perfect person for you.

You should totally do the midnight idea. It sounds cool. Mine was a dinner on a Sunday evening.

Not all women are money conscious wink
Not All Women Are Money Conscious but It Takes Patience, Faith And Focus For A woman To Stay With A Man Till He Meets Success
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Annihilator7: 11:06am On Feb 06, 2019
Regiinald:
I believe people (including me) should get married only because they want to have children officially.

I don't think getting married because you want to spend the rest of your life with the person is a valid reason because that is why you are dating such person in the first place and getting married doesn't change that decision.

Why Would You Want To Get Married?

I would love to be married, or have a life partner at least. i'd love to have my own kids as well. however, I would love my child too much to bring him into this world. it's not worth my happiness to bring a poor innocent child into the world without his/her consent. this is how i've felt for more than six years. this world is not worth it at all. so i'm open to spending the rest of my life with any woman who aligns with anti-natalism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2019
surveyProf:

When did you become a female?? : cheesy transgender I guess ...
This is you attempting to insult me? And somehow I am meant to be bothered?
Keep working at it, you have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by NairaMaster1(m): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2019
privaldo:

with their high rate of divorce, you think some people want to go through that emotional melt down let alone the kids that relationship produced

We are on same page. The rate is due to worldly things.
They need SUV.

Are they happier than Omotola? Chinyere Wilfred, kanayo, mercy etc? What about queen Nwokoye?

But these ones want to go for vacation in Morocco etc.

The good news is that Menopause cannot be divorced.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2019
DMerciful:
So what will keep you together when the feelings weakens? It surely go down and goes up... but kids ensure the bonds are stronger
What a redundant argument! So why do couples who have been married for decades with children get divorced? Are the children not a reason to stay together?
Children either make matters worse or help a relationship how you feel about each other is what sustains it long term not having kids.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by DavidEsq(m): 11:19am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

And you are.... John Wayne Gacy
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Evangkatsoulis: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2019
Michaelite:
I just have pity on those that will experience loneliness on the long run, they don't know what is family. These are the kind of people that will get married in their 40s and leave the kids with tears when they die. Train your kids, don't be selfish.
I think selfishness here is you getting married and having children just because you don't want to experience loneliness in old age.

8 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by mhisbliss(f): 11:25am On Feb 06, 2019
Buffalowings3:

undecided undecided

So the reason you would want to get married is so that you can have monetary compensation in case of divorce from or death of the guy..
You're more dangerous than a viper..
Learn how to read. undecided
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Evangkatsoulis: 11:25am On Feb 06, 2019
DMerciful:
How is he intelligent? by making a sensationally absurd statement? If everybody thinks this way won't humans go extinct? A child that's not existing is expected to give opinions of whether he wants to be born or not! Werey!

If humans go extinct wetin happen?
Many lifeforms have come and gone.

7 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by surveyProf(m): 11:28am On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

This is you attempting to insult me? And somehow I am meant to be bothered?
Keep working at it, you have a long way to go.

Please proof me wrong!
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by mechanics(m): 11:29am On Feb 06, 2019
For procreation, for pleasure, the Bible commanded it, and to help each other grow spiritually.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by gentleibraheem(m): 11:33am On Feb 06, 2019
Sex, focus in life, mulplication
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:34am On Feb 06, 2019
gracile:
Reginald or whatever, tajbol4splend, ioswhite you guys can you stop shoving your opinions down people's throats? It's not only childish but irritating please.
Live and let live!

It is irritating that I'm sharing my view with somebody about something about her, where does it look like I'm imposing my self belief on her, how can people be like this

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / Check Out This Simple And Beautiful Wedding Pictures / Dad Cries As He Gives His Daughter Away On Her Traditional Wedding Day(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.